• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my deck

Been doing work so far

You can replace the legendaries with anything, and the squire with something like Chow

Im still tweaking it, but ive gone from 15 to 10 with 1 loss so far (to Zoolock)

The win state is basically control the board till you can get Thunderbluff + Muklas Champ out, then you straight up win because you will have 4+ huge minions

I would probably cut a mana tide for something. Running two usually isn't advised. Probably rockbiter since you have Al'Akir.

Minsc

Gold Member
That would probably be too good, being able to unconditionally kill most 1 drops then contest most 2 drops. It would also be stronger than the new Rogue 3/2 that only combos for 1 damage.

Well it doesn't kill any 2/3 2-drops (without saving its ability for them), and doesn't kill most 1 drops being used like Mana Wyrm, Northshire Cleric, Chow, that jousting guy, etc. I don't think it would be too good at all, being a 2/2 is a big set back from 3/2. 2/2 can't pop a shredder, while other 2 drops can. Can't even kill a scientist cleanly like Chow, only goes 1:1 in to that as well.

Rifleman should probably be 3/3 at 3 mana, comparing to blood knight and mind control tech, etc. Those cards have bigger swings, but 1 damage while more reliable is generally a smaller swing than a 3/3 grabbing a 7/7 off the other player's board, or a blood knight popping 2 or 3 shields from ebo, and turning to a 12/12.

Got the same quest and done it last night in 6 runs. 3 runs as warlock, 3 as shammy. As shammy you can win by turn 4 with just one Whirling Zap-o-Matic buffed to hell :3 But yeah, I might have had luck.

Got 5/6 with paladin so probably just luck :)

Fel Reaver is also bugged.

I played a card on one of HIS minions, and it didn't make him draw any cards. He was in fatigue and I lost because of it...

That is how it works. It burns cards, not draw.

Haunted

Fel Reaver is also bugged.

I played a card on one of HIS minions, and it didn't make him draw any cards. He was in fatigue and I lost because of it...
It doesn't show the discarded cards since the newest patch. Your opponent will just have three fewer cards in the deck if you mouse over it.

No. I played a card, and it did not cause him to draw/discard any.
If they're already in fatigue, Fel Reaver doesn't make them take damage - it does nothing since there are no cards to discard.

Maximo

This is my deck

Been doing work so far

You can replace the legendaries with anything, and the squire with something like Chow

Im still tweaking it, but ive gone from 15 to 10 with 1 loss so far (to Zoolock)

The win state is basically control the board till you can get Thunderbluff + Muklas Champ out, then you straight up win because you will have 4+ huge minions

Thanks for the suggestion, Crafted something very similar and going to give it a go and see how far I get.

I've played a lot of Fel Reaver (in both Arena and Shaman) since it was released and can confirm that it doesn't deal, and never has dealt, fatigue damage.

Thank god I didn't craft him. Was about to yesterday.

gcQSKGU.jpg

Pooya

Play against paladin....

Is this one going to be face paladin???
or is it going to be murloc knight paladin???
or is it a mid range paladin???

oh maybe it's mysterious challenger paladin!
crazy.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Well it doesn't kill any 2/3 2-drops (without saving its ability for them), and doesn't kill most 1 drops being used like Mana Wyrm, Northshire Cleric, Chow, that jousting guy, etc. I don't think it would be too good at all, being a 2/2 is a big set back from 3/2. 2/2 can't pop a shredder, while other 2 drops can. Can't even kill a scientist cleanly like Chow, only goes 1:1 in to that as well.

Rifleman should probably be 3/3 at 3 mana, comparing to blood knight and mind control tech, etc. Those cards have bigger swings, but 1 damage while more reliable is generally a smaller swing than a 3/3 grabbing a 7/7 off the other player's board, or a blood knight popping 2 or 3 shields from ebo, and turning to a 12/12.

I think Blizzard initially had some weird balance spots in the odd mana placements which shows the most in 3 drops. They were basically all 3/3 do a thing, and 1 damage was deemed more powerful so it took a hit in stats. Some 4/3s existed but I believe they were kept to classes (Kirin Tor Mage is one of the only cards I can think of pre-expansions). This changed somewhat in Naxx with Priest getting a 3/4 with a positive deathrattle, but mostly shown again in GvG with Spider Tank being a neutral on that statline. Now after BRM and TGT 3/4 feels so much more common it makes overstatted downside garbage like Dancing Swords seem even worse and some of the cards that already see no play look even weirder...especially poor old nerfed Dalaran Mage.

That said just slicing a mana off of ironforged would be amazingly strong as anti-aggro, being able to halt a leper gnome or the pity dropped abusive sergeant without them getting an attack off would be a huge swing. MC Tech and Blood Knight both have their insane value moments but cards designed around specific scenarios tend to be given leeway there(see dragon synergy cards, gormok, etc.) and while 1 damage isn't always a big swing, it's not really situational as damage is pretty much always a good thing.

Though either way I think flame juggler could have the text say random minion and be a fine card. Random effect still means it won't always be great, yet similar to cards like flame cannon that can be influenced with smart playing to your benefit.

Play against paladin....

Is this one going to be face paladin???
or is it going to be murloc knight paladin???
or is it a mid range paladin???

oh maybe it's mysterious challenger paladin!
crazy.gif

At the very least, every Paladin should be Murloc Knight Paladin.

Did you have a weapon equipped?

You can have a weapon equipped and still swap hero powers. First day of the expansion release I drafted one in arena as a rogue and had a turn where I dagger'd up and swapped to get life tap which kept my weapon.

Finalow

when reading this thread it seems like I'm the only one to get shit packs.

only decent card I got out of the last 4 was a shredder.

rip

Papercuts

I must have opened about 300 packs both paid and not and never gotten a golden legendary.

Is that common?

Golden Legendaries are extremely rare. I don't have stats but it took me an entire year of playing to ever see one, though when it happened I got two in the same pack.

Coketruck

I must have opened about 300 packs both paid and not and never gotten a golden legendary.

Is that common?

I've probably opened around 200 packs total, and have gotten two golden legendaries: Cho and Gromm (both of which I dusted to craft other legendaries).

Haunted

Turn 5 Bane of Doom summoning Malganis into four Turn 4 Imp-losion imps?

don't mind if I do

I've been playing for two and a half months and opened one golden leg (but it was fucking Nozdormu)
I've been playing for two years and haven't opened a golden legendary yet.

Papercuts

Random.. wow..thanks blizzard..

I really luckily got this when I first opened a few TGT packs!

ZnkIBf4.png

Nice!

I got lucky with TGT too and got my third gold.

BAvEicQ.png

But I will never surpass the god pack

cq6LN8m.png

It's pretty funny how these have worked out for me though. That Eadric is the only duplicate I've gotten out of the handful of legendaries I have from TGT, and I've literally pulled Malygos and Millhouse 4 times each despite still missing 22 classic legendaries. I have no idea how I managed to keep getting them.

iirate

Golden Legendaries are extremely rare. I don't have stats but it took me an entire year of playing to ever see one, though when it happened I got two in the same pack.

I pulled golden Rag and golden Al'Akir during closed beta, but it was pre-wipe unfortunately. I haven't seen a golden legendary from a pack since.

On another note, I haven't played Mysterious Challenger yet, but the matches I have watched really make me think that my old Mad Scientist secret paladin is still stronger. It's a shame since I think Challenger is very cool.

Made rank 15 for the first time with a modified (i.e. weaker) Dragon Priest deck that was posted on here several days ago. I forget the mod who posted it, but thanks, it's a fun deck to play.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As someone who was running bloodlust shaman before TGT I am tired of running into my ilk on ladder after TGT buffed the deck.

Going to have to tech in elemental destruction.

Minsc

Gold Member
I think Blizzard initially had some weird balance spots in the odd mana placements which shows the most in 3 drops. They were basically all 3/3 do a thing, and 1 damage was deemed more powerful so it took a hit in stats. Some 4/3s existed but I believe they were kept to classes (Kirin Tor Mage is one of the only cards I can think of pre-expansions). This changed somewhat in Naxx with Priest getting a 3/4 with a positive deathrattle, but mostly shown again in GvG with Spider Tank being a neutral on that statline. Now after BRM and TGT 3/4 feels so much more common it makes overstatted downside garbage like Dancing Swords seem even worse and some of the cards that already see no play look even weirder...especially poor old nerfed Dalaran Mage.

That said just slicing a mana off of ironforged would be amazingly strong as anti-aggro, being able to halt a leper gnome or the pity dropped abusive sergeant without them getting an attack off would be a huge swing. MC Tech and Blood Knight both have their insane value moments but cards designed around specific scenarios tend to be given leeway there(see dragon synergy cards, gormok, etc.) and while 1 damage isn't always a big swing, it's not really situational as damage is pretty much always a good thing.

Though either way I think flame juggler could have the text say random minion and be a fine card. Random effect still means it won't always be great, yet similar to cards like flame cannon that can be influenced with smart playing to your benefit.

Good points, but I still don't excuse them and say it's still overcost. Try comparing to Knife Juggler. Better stats, 3/2, only 2 mana, but random damage (however, much, much more damage usually). Can be used in response to a 1/3 cleric etc if you need early board presence (and can kill an acolyte at just 1 card unlike the 2/2 rifleman). In combination with say implosion, or in a Zoo / aggro deck, or out of a shredder, a 2-drop KJ is better value than a 3-drop rifleman. In the case of implosion you get to do double the damage off the spell, and even with stuff like Equality > Muster it does a ton more work. And costs less. The rifleman would definitely not be OP at all at a 2 mana 2/2.

And it doesn't really stop aggro any more than a Cruel Taskmaster, and that has much more use, same stats, and cost less.

It's an early card (from the classic set I mean), that despite even being an early card, was poorly cost from the start.

2 mana 2/2 with battlecry aim 1 damage would make Warrior a lot less distinctive of a class and they shouldn't do it.

I mean yeah Cruel Taskmaster also lets you use the damage ping to increase attack by 2 (for BGH/your own dudes) but the ping is by far the more important part of the card. And letting everyone have it as a neutral would be dumb.

JohnCYQ

Druid
Turn 1: Coin - Innervate - Astral Communion - Hero Power
Turn 2: Azure Drake > Druid of the Claw (taunt)
Turn 3: Doctor Boom

That's like some The Stars Align type of bullshit. Not sure if I'm actually mad that it happened.

Minsc

Gold Member
2 mana 2/2 with battlecry aim 1 damage would make Warrior a lot less distinctive of a class and they shouldn't do it.

I mean yeah Cruel Taskmaster also lets you use the damage ping to increase attack by 2 (for BGH/your own dudes) but the ping is by far the more important part of the card. And letting everyone have it as a neutral would be dumb.

Make him a 3 mana 3/3 if you want Warrior to monopolize the 2/2 so badly. :)

Either way, he's cost incorrectly. We have a 1/1 1-mana pinging card, so it's not like Warrior has a monopoly on those kinds of cards either (and in no way is a mere 2 stat points worth 2 whole mana - especially on the low end of the curve).

bjaelke

Druid
Turn 1: Coin - Innervate - Astral Communion - Hero Power
Turn 2: Azure Drake > Druid of the Claw (taunt)
Turn 3: Doctor Boom

That's like some The Stars Align type of bullshit. Not sure if I'm actually mad that it happened.

I've found that stuff works one out of ten times max.

Levi

Banned
I have a Rogue quest and, even after 70 TGT packs, I don't have the new Rogue legendary or any of the new epics.

I don't want to play old cards, and I don't to play that dumb brawl. Guess I'm rerolling tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom