• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

And my second TGT legendary is... The Mistcaller. Okay. I won't craft or disenchant anything until the meta stabilises and/or someone comes up with the broken deck.

gutshot

This was the original design for The Mistcaller.

CNc7qqgVEAEeh8N.jpg:large

Interesting, but kinda shit.

Rapstah

This was the original design for The Mistcaller.

CNc7qqgVEAEeh8N.jpg:large

Interesting, but kinda shit.

That's a really cool design. Any card that introduces something people have to play around even if the card isn't in your deck, in this case getting lethal in such a way that they have lethal again with spells and/or hero powers after that guy pops out, is a cool card.

It also would work on your turn unlike Ice Block!

Is it dumb to dust legendaries? Looking at Mukla and Tinkmaster and can't think of ever using them. Could use that to get me to 3200 dust for two solid legends or one and some worthwhile epics.

Is it dumb to dust legendaries? Looking at Mukla and Tinkmaster and can't think of ever using them. Could use that to get me to 3200 dust for two solid legends or one and some worthwhile epics.

Mukla kind of gets used but Tinkmaster isn't good. However if your options are keep them or make something good/you will actually use, dust em. I don't think you will regret dusting either anytime soon. The thought process should be "Could there be a good deck made with this card in the future that I would want to play" and the answer for cards like Gallywix would be yes, but I wouldn't say so for those two

Pooya

I just opened this guy

22376.png

I didn't even know this was a card actually lol. I guess you have to use it with charge to board clear. Maybe it's not so bad, I guess I keep it.

I had a golden mukla at one point. Dusted him for some more useful shit. Mukla is decent in a few aggro and mill decks, but the dust for another legendary was more useful. Same deal with Malygos - had a golden one which I dusted for something more immediately useful. Now I still would like those cards, but they're hardly necessary. I don't think Maly archetypes are very good.

Magnus

Fucking LOL

The salt this poor guy must have had in his mouth when he saw me top deck an inner fire to join the two Divine Spirits in my hand. He had me on the ropes for 4 turns. Look at my health! Lol

I had 6 health and I had to Ysera Awakens and hit everything including me for 5 damage to get rid of his taunts. Took me down to 1 health. Lol

jSofUBU.jpg

Owzers

I gave up on double hp spells on my priest without a lot of great cards. For all the great hits i'd sometimes get with lightspawn/deathlord/lightwell i get hit with too many removal spells and was lacking solid minions so I started playing 2x Dark Cultists and now 2x Holy Champs ( removed lightwell and lightspawn too). I didn't have any bodies to put up against face decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody found a use for Nexus Champion Saraad? He just seems too general-purpose without being strong enough to really fit into any deck.

JohnCYQ

Looks similar to what I've been trying(basically my old midrange with a few cards swapped in/out).

6LMH9Ad.png

I haven't missed the BGH. Between the 3 humility effects and the double equality I basically can answer whatever crops up, and even in the old scenarios like making boom a 1/7 set as designated recruit killer, you start outputting them so fast that they can't even keep up--a big quartermaster WILL happen.

When TGT came out I played a whole bunch of random decks and fell to lower rank 7 and got back to 5 painlessly with this. So many slower matches had me just content to simply hero power and hold onto my cards to respond to them while whittling them down.

Interesting...Argus + Tirion providing enough taunts for you? I'm running Belchers since the deck would really lack stand-alone cards and my 3-5 drops are mainly reactionary (Consecrate for board clear/Truesilver if there's something to kill, Aldors, Quartermaster, Argus, etc). Like, I might drop silverhand regent on 3 if their board is empty and I have nothing else except heropower, otherwise I'll typically wait till T5 (or T4 with coin) to play Regent + Heropower. Same thing with Murloc Knight.

Eadric...how good is he? I imagine he hardcounters handlocks/varian especially after they drop 3+ giants and taunt them up, but doesn't really do anything against zoo/hunters/eboladins I believe. Against Shamans he would end up buffing the totems to 1 attack wouldn't he? I guess if Varian becomes popular I could run Eadric, although double equality seems to be sufficient for now.

For my deck, I guess I'll change BGH to another Aldor, maybe Abusive> 1x Shredder so that I have a better 4drop (or an owl for silence).

JesseZao

Has anybody found a use for Nexus Champion Saraad? He just seems too general-purpose without being strong enough to really fit into any deck.

I've shoehorned him into my outlast Warrior deck for now (because I got a gold one!). Might just replace him with Loatheb though. I haven't opened the double hero power minion yet, so he doesn't usually get much value.

Magnus

Finally climbing the ladder steadily again with this fun deck! Rank 15 - 13 with a 100% winrate so far. Any suggestions to improve it further?

It's this list plus Justicar Trueheart and Ysera.

I feel really in control with this deck. Lots of removal options (Pain, Death, Holy Nova, Lightbomb, Shadow Madness), Card Draw (Clerics, Acolyte, PWS), and plenty of powerful minions that all benefit from the various cheap spells, and perform really well with Inner Fire + DS/PWS/Velen combos, that also synergize extremely well with being buffed (Fjola, Eydis, Bolf, etc).

I was trying to get greedy with making this a big Inspire/Healing deck too, and that's why Saraad is still here - he used to be accompanied by even more minions that fit with that theme - Confessor, another Holy Champion/Tourney Medic, etc., but it started to feel clumsy. I'm ditching Saraad for something else.

Feels like I have lots of win conditions here, too. Inner Fire on buffed minions is a big one. Ysera generates great end game cards. Auchenai + Flash Heal or Justicar'd 4-damage hero power is super powerful as well.

Y7KIIW1.jpg

Loomba

PSA: Everyone put a Kazan Mystic in their decks.

It's saved my butt like 10 matches tonight.

Good against the mysterious challenger bs deck, new traps like effigy and bear trap and generally great value now.

Dahbomb

Fuck that secrets Paladin deck.

Fuck Muster for Battle.

Fuck Competitive Spirit.

Fuck Knife Juggler.

Fuck all the Inspire minions that summon tokens.

Paladins are the new cancer. Double down on Grim Patrons so this deck is phased out of the meta instantly!

Maximo

More controling Midrange hunters are popping up, I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen one run Flare yet, if Paladin Secret decks is on the rise it's a must have.

clav

Not Huntards?

Maybe my deck was crafted against aggro Hunters since I faced them the most at level 20.

Always having trouble in the 12/11+ range with decks that have must-have legendaries for their respective classes.

At one point, Faceless Manipulator was in my deck to compensate that deficiency and made it fun. Maybe I should put it back.

MCTs have helped me a lot with the new meta. People seem to ignore throwing down minions now since the Inspire mechanic is equivalent to getting free minions.

Avinexus

More controling Midrange hunters are popping up, I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen one run Flare yet, if Paladin Secret decks is on the rise it's a must have.

I just played midrange Hunter to 5 today and didn't need the flare. Didn't lose to any of the Paladin decks running around. Unleash was more important in winning than getting rid of the secrets.

bunbun777

Crafted a second mysterious challenger and it seems to be the most winning pally deck I've used, went from rank 10 to 7 last night, 2 to 3 losses. I love turn 5 coin get 5 secrets into play. Also crafted two golden murlock knights because it's fun and works.

inky

Inky was that you who was using that cheesy Token Druid at rank 4? LMAO!

Mayyyybe... :D
probably not.

Did it have Mark of the Wild and the twins? I'm rank 5 (4stars) atm. Rank 4 was shortlived for me so it might've been another inky ;P

Cat Party

PSA: Everyone put a Kazan Mystic in their decks.

It's saved my butt like 10 matches tonight.

Good against the mysterious challenger bs deck, new traps like effigy and bear trap and generally great value now.

Every time I lose to some bullshit freeze mage who hides behind an ice block, I tech in Kezan. Then I play patron warrior 5 times in a row.

Since TGT launched, I've had multiple disconnects on the mobile/phone app. It sometimes reconnects, sometimes doesn't. Happens on WiFi or Cellular signal. My phone is still connected to the internet in each case, the Hearthstone app just seems to lose connection. Never had this issue before about a week ago. Lost a few Arena matches because of it.

Anyone else experience this?

Fuck paladin and fuck Shaman, the only RNG I pray to is card draw RNG, and that's why I play patron

I do math and shit

I just play everything and pray because the combo will probably do enough damage

Damn, man. They're just starting to crawl out of that dark oubliette they've been stuck in since forever and you're trying to boot them back in with Patron Warrior?

Oh I don't mind playing the deck, just in paladin vs. shaman, shaman vs. paladin, or mirrors of those two classes the game is a coin flip, which is dumb. Which is why I've switched back to patron at the moment.

All hail the patron savior.

Dreavus

I just opened this guy

22376.png

I didn't even know this was a card actually lol. I guess you have to use it with charge to board clear. Maybe it's not so bad, I guess I keep it.

This effect is really cool when you actually get to play with it. You can slam into little guys to hit bigger targets without taking as much damage back. I learned this from the single time Foe Reaper survived the turn for me. This guy needs more than 3 health for that to work though...

Charging him is a pretty solid board clear for sure.

IceMarker

Since TGT launched, I've had multiple disconnects on the mobile/phone app. It sometimes reconnects, sometimes doesn't. Happens on WiFi or Cellular signal. My phone is still connected to the internet in each case, the Hearthstone app just seems to lose connection. Never had this issue before about a week ago. Lost a few Arena matches because of it.

Anyone else experience this?

I'm sure you are not alone my friend, myself and my significant other have experienced this on my Nexus 7 and her iPad. Game is not optimized for mobile devices even though it's runs passably.

Dahbomb

I am fine with Dragon Priest/Mage.

But the new Shaman/Paladin deck archetypes basically push the whole zoo style theme of flooding the board with crap.

Paladin's Muster for Battle is now absolutely ridiculous because people are playing it with Secrets, Knife Jugglers, Quartermasters, Warhorses, Silverhand Regents and Murloc Knights. And in every single match they seem to have it on turn 3.

It also makes it insanely tough to guess what type of Paladin you are playing. There's pure Eboladin, Secrets Paladin (of which there are at least 3 variations of), Midrange Paladin and Control Paladin... all of them have the same coin Minibot, Knife Juggler into Muster for Battle opener. Secret Paladins usually switch it up by playing the secret on turn 1 then coining out Muster for Battle for increased annoyance.

It's really not even Mysterious Challenger that is the annoying part in Secret Paladins. It's the constant barrage of secrets and tokens. Mysterious Challenger himself isn't that ridiculous because most of the Paladin secrets are better with multiple minions up. Now if Mysterious Challenger comes down with some board then he's game winning. Also this deck is also running crap like Harvest Golems, Creepers and Shredders (ie. deathrattle crap) to maintain board so that the secrets get additional value.

Shaman has been mostly fine though. Yeah the RNG on Turkar Totemic is a bit obscene but other than that it's ok. The Shaman deck doesn't run many big threats, it's usually just 8 (double Fire Elementals, double Thunderbuffs, Al akir and Dr Balanced) so as long as you save a removal for the Thunderuff you are usually fine.

KuroNeeko

But the new Shaman/Paladin deck archetypes basically push the whole zoo style theme of flooding the board with crap.

Paladin's Muster for Battle is now absolutely ridiculous because people are playing it with Secrets, Knife Jugglers, Quartermasters, Warhorses, Silverhand Regents and Murloc Knights. And in every single match they seem to have it on turn 3.

It also makes it insanely tough to guess what type of Paladin you are playing. There's pure Eboladin, Secrets Paladin (of which there are at least 3 variations of), Midrange Paladin and Control Paladin... all of them have the same coin Minibot, Knife Juggler into Muster for Battle opener. Secret Paladins usually switch it up by playing the secret on turn 1 then coining out Muster for Battle for increased annoyance.

Just quoting the bit that stood out. Personally, I think it's great that one class now has so many semi-viable options to choose from. Ideally, all classes would enjoy this kind of "flexibility", even if the openings are the same.

Look at Rogue, they have Oil and maybe Mill.
Shaman may or may not have the new Totem Shaman. They have Mech.
Priest has Dragons, but the match-up against Handlock and probably Patron looks really bad.

I wish those classes (my favorite ones), had more options.
Hmm, Druid and Mage are also two other classes with a healthy range of options...

As annoying as Paladin is, I'm happy for them. It's probably a really fun time to be playing.

I expect the "spam the board with a bunch of crap" decks to be at the top of the meta for the foreseeable future. Blizzard's apprehensiveness toward printing board clears will make sure those decks thrive.

I gotta say that TGT has made arena a lot more interesting with inspire cards. Had to beat a priest who had 3 kvaldirs without drawing a single shadow word death. Also he had like 5 of those holy champions, hot damn. Landslide victory.

It's really not even Mysterious Challenger that is the annoying part in Secret Paladins. It's the constant barrage of secrets and tokens. Mysterious Challenger himself isn't that ridiculous because most of the Paladin secrets are better with multiple minions up. Now if Mysterious Challenger comes down with some board then he's game winning. Also this deck is also running crap like Harvest Golems, Creepers and Shredders (ie. deathrattle crap) to maintain board so that the secrets get additional value.

Shaman has been mostly fine though. Yeah the RNG on Turkar Totemic is a bit obscene but other than that it's ok. The Shaman deck doesn't run many big threats, it's usually just 8 (double Fire Elementals, double Thunderbuffs, Al akir and Dr Balanced) so as long as you save a removal for the Thunderuff you are usually fine.

You need to use joust! Then on turn 7 you can see that your opponent has a minibot.

Dahbomb

It's not about what type of deck you are playing against... there's already some guessing involved when you are playing against classes like Warriors. Their openings are generally the same but it doesn't matter much because they don't outright win from their openers.

Something like Mage is an example of deck variety that is good. Like Mech Mage has different openers from Tempo Mage which have different openers from Freeze Mage. Which Mech Mage and Tempo Mage can win the game from the start... they do it in different ways so even if they put stuff on the board you know what to expect in the long run if you survive that long.

With Paladins every single deck runs Minibots/Jugglers/Muster for Battles and you can bet your candy ass they will have those cards in the openers. They can be playing the slowest Paladin deck ever (that isn't Holy Wrath deck) yet they will always have the same openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom