• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike23

My very questionable first Arena deck. I'm currently at 4 wins and 1 loss. For the one loss I only drew big cards for the early game and by the time I could play anything I was just getting steamrolled. Rhonin is fun, and I like the couple Inspire cards in the deck.

q2MxvMN.png

I'm loving the Tavern Brawl mode. As someone who hasn't spent any money yet, it's a lot of fun to play with tons of legendaries and other good cards. I'm working on getting all of my heroes up to 20 using it.

So here's my first iteration of Miracle Warrior. I find it fun to play when stuff works out but of course that's pretty rare. I think the next thing I'll try is a Mech based deck and see how that goes but this is probably the best as it's ever going to get. Then again, I could try a more aggressive deck which could fit this idea more. Who knows, just have to play some more.

Mysterious challenger is...dumb. I guess it probably doesn't work out all that well every time but I'm just so sick of the mad scientist-style of secret play. It's just fart out a bunch of secrets for no mana and hope your opponent can't deal with it.

Maximo

Kripp running a interesting Control/Grinder Rogue, don't know if its good but hes played Anub like 5 times in a topdeck war, pretty good.

manhack

Just play patron warrior.

Maybe. Right now I see 5 paladins in a row while running control warrior and get ROFL stomped by secrets, BoK, haunted creepers, divine shield chargers...

OK FINE switch to patron warrior and run into a train of dragon priests and control warriors.

I know it is all random match making, but there is no guaranteed way to level up. Just grind out whatever deck you like.

Maximo

How am I winning with Secret Paladin I truly don't understand, the deck is not even that good, its like peoples brains just melt when they see a secret and play stupidly.

manhack

How am I winning with Secret Paladin I truly don't understand, the deck is not even that good, its like peoples brains just melt when they see a secret and play stupidly.

Not sure I agree about the deck not being good. It is tearing up the ladder now. Crazy how it caught fire so fast. Annoying because I was having fun with Control Warrior and this deck is a nightmare.

Sticky minions and if you don't clear them they get buffed. To top it off if you don't empty your hand there are some running divine favor, so by the time you clear the board they fill their hand again and drop Dr. Six.

I will probably stop running control for a little bit to see what the other match ups are like.

TGT Control Warrior doesn't seem any better so far. Actually seems to do worse against aggro. Back to 2 Brawls I think

Double garrison commander is the key. Early game? It isn't going to win it, but 2 2/3s is going to extend the game a little, which is all you are after.

Late game? It is an extra 8 armour at least and pseudo taunt. My current TGT list:

2x execute
2x shield slam
1x war axe
2x armorsmith
2x Garrison commander
2x bash
2x shield block
1x acolyte of pain
2x death bite
2x brawl
2x sludge belcher
1x justicar
2x shield maiden
1x sylvanas
1x boom
1x chromaggus
1x rag
1x sneeds
1x ysera
1x varian

Getting chromaggus into varian is pretty amazing and generally people have nothing left to kill it by that stage and you have like 20 armour. If the meta switches to midrange, as I am hitting at the moment with Priest/Shaman, I'll probably end up subbing in some shredders or something. If it gets more aggro, revenge is an underrated card. It generally wrecks a whole board if they are able to do that much damage to you.

Magnus

I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. My ladder (17 up to 11 now) has all been Rush Hunter, Freeze Mage, Control Warrior, Aggro Paladin, and Priests (standard control and Dragon varieties) and I've crushed them all with this buff priest deck. I've only faced one Mysterious Paladin and haven't faced a single Patron Warrior. I faced two token Shaman - no Mistcallers - just Neptulon/Al'akir and tons of fucking murlocs. A third shaman was a classic reincarnate/Kelthuzad nightmare and he rocked me.

Also, holy shit, Harrison has been doing WORK on this ladder. Nothing like using it against a late game Doomhammer with 6 charges still up, YES. With all the Secrets around, I'm actually contemplating running Harrison AND Kezan. I'll see.

Lyng

I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. My ladder (17 up to 11 now) has all been Rush Hunter, Freeze Mage, Control Warrior, Aggro Paladin, and Priests (standard control and Dragon varieties) and I've crushed them all with this buff priest deck. I've only faced one Mysterious Paladin and haven't faced a single Patron Warrior. I faced two token Shaman - no Mistcallers - just Neptulon/Al'akir and tons of fucking murlocs. A third shaman was a classic reincarnate/Kelthuzad nightmare and he rocked me.

Also, holy shit, Harrison has been doing WORK on this ladder. Nothing like using it against a late game Doomhammer with 6 charges still up, YES. With all the Secrets around, I'm actually contemplating running Harrison AND Kezan. I'll see.

I am running Kezan in my oil rogue. Its doing alot of work. Seems like every class that has them runs secrets right now, so you get value with Kezan in almost every match.

Loomba

After me complaining yesterday about never getting a golden legendary, I just opened my first one haha, shame it's Anub'arak...

jgminto

After seeing Kripp mess with Anub earlier today, it seems like a fun card to play even if the stats are lacklustre. A small stat rebalance would probably have it seeing more play.

Maximo

Oh come the fuck on, Had Tirion with Doctor Boom/Bots and full board. He has a full board and taunts his Syl and Ancient Watcher. I Kill Syl which allows him to take my Dr Boom and have exact lethal, if hetook ANYTHING ELSE I would have won..bull shit.

Also My faith in hearthstone has been restored. Game right after that smashed a Hunter with the paladin Secret deck, friend invites me im thinking great hes going to rage at me... But nah we actually have a nice chat he was interested in the deck and what I was running, and even gave suggestions and now were complaining about Murloc Knight and talking about the Meta hahaha.
Aoozzz a GAF Members anyone?

Bizazedo

Damn; played someone who realize what to do against my dreadsteed deck. Having seven horses out is not always a good try thing lol.

Acinixys

Spellslinger is fucking terrible

Had a mage play 2 vs me

Gave me Flamestrike and Enter the Coliseum
laugh.gif

Effigy is also super underwhelming

Same mage plays Archmage + Effigy
I Hex the Arch and kill it
Effigy triggers and gives him a target dummy

rofl

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think when Dreadsteed was announced people pretty much though that the card might be a bit too expensive at 4 and should've been a 3 mana minion.

Though after seeing it in action I think it's priced in a balanced manner. At 3 mana it might've been too good.

Yeah when I theorycrafted almost the same card I also put it at 4 mana. At 3 mana it would have been ridiculous.

Duster

Fist of Jaraxxus as an arena reward? How is that a reward?

Oh well at least I got another TGT pack, that's three from three arena runs.

Burgle makes oil rogue 100% more fun. I'm also trying dark iron skulker because of all these paladins and shamans but i haven't met one yet. At least i don't feel bad for running a complete netdeck while most people trying out new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom