• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunbun777

There's only a couple epics i don't have yet and one of them is my favorite looking one, master of ceremonies. Really want to try and see if a spell power mage deck can be a thing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
5NZmZSo.jpg

Today i got 500 wins with paladin. Pretty good but i wonder what it says about myself when you take into account my that my first 3 golden portraits were Druid, Mage and Paladin in that order, maybe you could make a psychological test out of it
laugh.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
After playing more pirate Rogue, I feel as though Shady Dealer is a trap. It's not statistically weak, but it just feels dead on the board. No synergy with cannons or Southsea Captain while you are spamming the board with pirates. Doesn't really build on any combos or the weapon side of the deck either. Rogue's other exclusive pirate tool One-eye Cheat also feels like a bust. Not really bad, but lacking in presence or damage. Maybe pirate Warrior is actually just stronger...

Zukuu

Banned
4th time legend. 3rd time in a row. 3rd time by accident. I just play a few games every now and then before I go to sleep and for dailies. 7 win streak to legend just now. *shrugs*

TGT Legend Swarmlock if anyone is interested.

Seriously my fucking last 10 random totems have been shitty searing totems fuck that
Yesterday I hit 8(!) 2 roll Imp-losion in a row. lol

Today i got 500 wins with paladin. Pretty good but i wonder what it says about myself when you take into account my that my first 3 golden portraits were Druid, Mage and Paladin in that order, maybe you could make a psychological test out of it
laugh.gif

I'm pretty close myself. Around 450 wins. And then shaman will probably be my third since its 300+. Rogue was my first.

Tuskar totemic, the 3/2 razorfen hunter.

Still better than razorfen since the 1/1 is a totem instead of a beast.

inky

Been watching Kripp for the past half an hour; he's playing his Dreadsteed deck. Anyways, it's not about that... he's just faced 5 Paladins in a row, ALL with minibot + muster in the starting hand (sometimes even turn 1 coin juggler for maximum cancer), most with Consecration withing the first 6-7 cards. It's actually hilarious and sad to watch.

Ultrabum

I'm pretty close myself. Around 450 wins. And then shaman will probably be my third since its 300+. Rogue was my first.

Still better than razorfen since the 1/1 is a totem instead of a beast.

I mean, would you play razorfen in a hunter deck with beast synergy? I wouldn't.

Paladin is the new cancer, hoooolllyyy shit.

Ultrabum

Yeah, but razorfen hunter doesn't sometimes spawn you a 3/4 or another powerful totem minion.

It's a better card than razorfen hunter, because it's much better late game.

But if you play it early (turn 3 or so) and it spawns: healing, vitality, searing, wrath, or taunt(on an empty board) it just lets your opponent get ahead on board.

I.e it's terrible vs muster for battle and shielded minibot or any of the zoo openings.

The other cases: flametounge is terrible on an empty board, manatide is great, it draws a card.

This pretty much leaves totem golem as the only good roll vs a deck that is fighting for board early, which seems like most decks.

I think it's a win more card, and those are usually bad :(

Pooya

I hope all these Mysterious Challenger decks stick around when new season starts, I don't mind some easy quick laddering next week. Please don't go away just yet.

Maximo

I hope all these Mysterious Challenger decks stick around when new season starts, I don't mind some easy quick laddering next week. Please don't go away just yet.

What you running against them? Trying out a MidRange Hunter with one flare, seems to do the job.

Pooya

I play patron for gold warrior grind, I can beat them just fine as long as my hand isn't horrific but what's really interesting here is that out of like 8 games, 6 were paladins and like 5 of them were secrets. Watching Kripp play earlier, it was 5 for 5 secret paladins for him back to back. So if it sticks like that next week too, mid range hunter would be really nice.

NBtoaster

It's so unlikely to get board clears in Arena now. If you get a single consecrate, holy nova or flamestrike you're guaranteed like 6 wins.

It's a better card than razorfen hunter, because it's much better late game.

But if you play it early (turn 3 or so) and it spawns: healing, vitality, searing, wrath, or taunt(on an empty board) it just lets your opponent get ahead on board.

I.e it's terrible vs muster for battle and shielded minibot or any of the zoo openings.

The other cases: flametounge is terrible on an empty board, manatide is great, it draws a card.

This pretty much leaves totem golem as the only good roll vs a deck that is fighting for board early, which seems like most decks.

I think it's a win more card, and those are usually bad :(

I don't see how a 3 mana card that on average summons above average* stats to the board is somehow a win more card.

3 mana stats are 3/4.

This gets 4/3 with a searing totem.

Everything else is 3/4 or higher, all the way up to 6/6.

That is hardly a win more card and no, win more cards are not usually bad. You very often need to win more. This card can help you snowball a small advantage and that is great. And while it does have uses late game, in particular with other totem synergy cards, it has a lot of uses early game as well.

edit: *IIRC half the totems are 2 stats and the rest are 3 or higher.

Ultrabum

I don't see how a 3 mana card that on average summons above average stats to the board is somehow a win more card.

3 mana stats are 3/4.

This gets 4/3 with a searing totem.

Everything else is 3/4 or higher, all the way up to 6/6.

That is hardly a win more card and no, win more cards are not usually bad. You very often need to win more. This card can help you snowball a small advantage and that is great. And while it does have uses late game, in particular with other totem synergy cards, it has a lot of uses early game as well.

It's bad because shaman as a class is bad.

The rest of the shaman deck is so bad, tuskar just isn't enough.

Also a 4/3 would be better most of the time, two bodies with 1 body having 0 attack is bad, if your opponent has a board it's basically a 3/2 for 3, heal face for 2 or 3 health, which is bad. It's good late because of the totem tribe, but it's still not that good imo.

It's bad because shaman as a class is bad.

The rest of the shaman deck is so bad, tuskar just isn't enough.

Also a 4/3 would be better most of the time, two bodies with 1 body having 0 attack is bad, if your opponent has a board it's basically a 3/2 for 3, heal face for 2 or 3 health, which is bad. It's good late because of the totem tribe, but it's still not that good imo.

I don't think you understand that shaman wants multiple bodies to enable things like DOA, FTT, valiant etc..

But I guess under your logic every shaman card is bad because shaman is a bad class.
hush.gif

Funny how the ATL match I watched had both teams opting to bring shaman. And I think the second team match had at least 1 of the teams bringing shaman. Shaman has gotten a lot of potential in this set actually. I don't think shaman is bad at all right now.

Ultrabum

I don't think you understand that shaman wants multiple bodies to enable things like DOA, FTT, valiant etc..

But I guess under your logic every shaman card is bad because shaman is a bad class.
hush.gif

Funny how the ATL match I watched had both teams opting to bring shaman. And I think the second team match had at least 1 of the teams bringing shaman. Shaman has gotten a lot of potential in this set actually. I don't think shaman is bad at all right now.

Shaman is better than it was, it's still the worst class imo, maybe I'm wrong, too early to tell I think.

I think a lot of people thought tuskar was going to be shaman mad scientist, it's not.

Edit: I should add shaman is my only gold portrait class, and I desperately want there to be a viable shaman deck.

Think I just witnessed the dumbest play in my Hearthstone career. Playing against a midrange Hunter as totem Shaman. My board is loaded with stuff, including the Vitality Totem I got from Tuskarr Totemic so I'm expecting to get reasonably wrecked by UTH. He plays UTH and then Animal Companion which gives Huffer of course. He then proceeds to just go face with everything and then I clear his board with Lightning Storm. Two turns later he concedes.

It's not like my health was particularly low either when he decided to go face. I was still in mid 20's. Just very bizarre.

Shaman is better than it was, it's still the worst class imo, maybe I'm wrong, too early to tell I think.

I think a lot of people thought tuskar was going to be shaman mad scientist, it's not.

Wouldn't say worst. Rogue is probably the worst now in my opinion. Biggest problem for Shaman right now is they get destroyed by Paladin and that class is everywhere. The dragon Priest is popular too and Priest usually beats Shaman fairly easily.

Dahbomb

Been watching Kripp for the past half an hour; he's playing his Dreadsteed deck. Anyways, it's not about that... he's just faced 5 Paladins in a row, ALL with minibot + muster in the starting hand (sometimes even turn 1 coin juggler for maximum cancer), most with Consecration withing the first 6-7 cards. It's actually hilarious and sad to watch.
Incoming "How good is TGT Paladin?" video from Kripp.

Think I just witnessed the dumbest play in my Hearthstone career. Playing against a midrange Hunter as totem Shaman. My board is loaded with stuff, including the Vitality Totem I got from Tuskarr Totemic so I'm expecting to get reasonably wrecked by UTH. He plays UTH and then Animal Companion which gives Huffer of course. He then proceeds to just go face with everything and then I clear his board with Lightning Storm. Two turns later he concedes.

It's not like my health was particularly low either when he decided to go face. I was still in mid 20's. Just very bizarre.

always go face

Well the problem with 1 mana Flare is that it's too slow for Face and Hybrid, and midrange doesn't have space for more than 1. But lock and load hunter is a control deck and Flare replaces itself in value with Lock and Load.

I've been running flare in my facehunter deck for ages. Otherwise you play another facehunter and a poorly timed flame trap loses you the game.

You don't get as many these days, but it is obviously a good include now.

Wouldn't say worst. Rogue is probably the worst now in my opinion. Biggest problem for Shaman right now is they get destroyed by Paladin and that class is everywhere. The dragon Priest is popular too and Priest usually beats Shaman fairly easily.

Oil rogue is still extremely strong. It is just that people are trying other things which are crap.

I strongly disagree with rogue being the weakest, but if rogue is somehow the weakest, rogue is still very strong. Previous week my stats for rogue 27-10 so a 72% winrate. I got bored of playing it though, but if I played it last night I probably would have hit legend easily by now.

KuroNeeko

I feel like rogue (outside of oil) and priest (outside of dragon), are the worst right now.

Shaman is looking a little better but probably still worse than Paladin and Druid.

Still too early to tell.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The problem with evaluating the current meta is that everybody is still on the honeymoon period. Everybody is experiementing with TGT cards so they are holding off on playing decks that don't use any TGT cards, like Patron or Oil Rogue. Like everybody wants to run spammy token paladin, but that deck would get checked by Patron and Freeze Mage.

Basically you have to experiment with new decks now, and in doing so, you really only learn if your deck is "clunky" or not and could use refinement with its gameplay. But there's no telling if it can play the field against other decks really well because the overall meta is so fluid that nobody knows how good their decks really are.

All I know is, I do not look forward to what will happen when TempoStorm releases their first meta snapshot of the expansion. It'll probably be wildly inaccurate and will only reflect what people are currently playing rather than what is actually good. It'll probably feed an endless cycle of people trying out the same new TGT decks until the honeymoon period ends.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just found out there's a Chrome extension to add Twitch emotes everywhere you see the text for them. So now I can see kreygasm anytime! Me go face SMorc

Edit: Actually nevermind, looks like they added tracking code in the latest version. Bummer. D=

Xanathus

I just found out there's a Chrome extension to add Twitch emotes everywhere you see the text for them. So now I can see kreygasm anytime! Me go face SMorc

Edit: Actually nevermind, looks like they added tracking code in the latest version. Bummer. D=

It's working for me, you're mistyping the emoticons Kreygasm SMOrc KappaPride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom