• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

I have a feeling that Mysterious Challenger is going to get nerfed, maybe to bring 2 random secrets from your deck or something like that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A lot of cards don't do something when you first play them.

That principle generally only applies to cards that cost 6+ mana (I'd count Justicarr among them), but there's still room for cards that are so amazing they're worth playing anyway (Sylvanas, Highmane, Tirion).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That principle generally only applies to cards that cost 6+ mana (I'd count Justicarr among them), but there's still room for cards that are so amazing they're worth playing anyway (Sylvanas, Highmane, Tirion).
All these cards do something that is difficult to counter though when they're dropped on the board. It's as close to a guarantee as you can get.

inky

Yup, they make your opponent change the way he'd usually trade with a common board. Even if Sylvanas doesn't get you a minion, that usually means your opponent took an unfavorable trade, or played awkwardly into it, unless it was an off curve or last resort play.

Whether they do something instantly or not, you can still argue that those cards have as much of an effect when played as those with battlecry do.

I would rather queue into freeze mage / fatigue mage / mill rogue / mill druid / patron / insert annoying deck here...instead of playing against this secret spam trash.

How fucking annoying.

Pooya

Sylvanas, Highmane and Tirion actually do something as they are played. huge board impact or lethal threat.

Highmane is a big threat, typically if hits face even once you're likely going to lose the game. If you leave it with houndmaster on it next turn it's going to be really bad for you.

Sylvanas pushes the opponent to awkward, worse trades and even delayed plays, it can swing the game, you can't leave it there. This is immediate value.

Tirion, well it's a big taunt with divine shield that gives a really good weapon. It's worse than the other two overall as it's easier to deal with since the weapon can't be used until next turn but Sylvanas have an immediate effect on death for example and Highmane still leaves two beasts around, and when you deal with it, it's a huge blow to opponent as it's typically the last line of defense,

Now a card like Rhonin is not as good in comparison, not only the effect is delayed like Tirion, you can ignore it and taunt up and go face instead that late in the game. you can leave the trading to the opponent there if you have board advantage, which usually is easy to gain that late into the game against mage but paladin class usually has board advantage when play Tirion for protection.

I'd say these all still count as immediate value, Dr. Boom is similar, it doesn't do anything when you play it, say like Loatheb does, but the board impact is immense.

zoukka

Justicar is being run and that in most cases provides no immediately value.

Also I would say Shade has no immediate value either. You are playing a 2/2 stealth for 3 mana, that's not really that efficient. You are saving up that value for later use.

Justicar does have immediate value. Just like Thaurissan. Maybe the better wording would be "inevitable" instead of immediate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope Dreadsteedlock becomes a thing because it's just a super fun card.

M7AK1fY.jpg

A little something i've been working on. Thoughts?

My experience against mysterious challenger hasn't been bad. They play that thing, you attack face to proc noble sacrifice, noble sacrifice dying procs avenge, challenger becomes a 7+ attack minion who you BGH and the noble sacrifice dying also procs redemption and you chuckle as they repetence than you BGH dealing 1 damage total there.

The other thing is... competitive spirit is kind of bad. You can clear board and it doesn't go off. Or you can leave a single 1/1 on board and all they get out of that secret is +1/+1. Paladin doesn't have a secret worth playing that procs when you hit face, so if you attack face and it isn't noble sacrifice, then you know it is either repentence, redemption, or avenge. Play according to board and your hand at that point.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I would rather queue into freeze mage / fatigue mage / mill rogue / mill druid / patron / insert annoying deck here...instead of playing against this secret spam trash.

How fucking annoying.

Blizzard finally nerfed grim patron warrior
PogChamp.png
They did it by introducing an even more cancerous deck into the meta, everyone forgot grim patron exist and now everyone is playing secret paladin
laugh.gif
. Seriously now Paladin has to be the winner of TGT overall, the cards paladin got completely changed the meta.

cHinzo

My experience against mysterious challenger hasn't been bad. They play that thing, you attack face to proc noble sacrifice, noble sacrifice dying procs avenge, challenger becomes a 7+ attack minion who you BGH and the noble sacrifice dying also procs redemption and you chuckle as they repetence than you BGH dealing 1 damage total there.

The other thing is... competitive spirit is kind of bad. You can clear board and it doesn't go off. Or you can leave a single 1/1 on board and all they get out of that secret is +1/+1. Paladin doesn't have a secret worth playing that procs when you hit face, so if you attack face and it isn't noble sacrifice, then you know it is either repentence, redemption, or avenge. Play according to board and your hand at that point.
This. Also, when was the last time something got nerfed anyway? Like half a year ago?

People also freak out when they see those secrets and make the wrong trades. I've seen people removing Mysterious Challenger immediately, only for him to come back with redemption and buff another guy. Then someone tried to trade him with another minion, proccing the noble sacrifice and being forced to end the turn awkardly. It's also funny seeing people crying for new decks and whining about people using those new decks afterwards lol. Why even play the game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to eat secret crow next season when I need to ladder.

Or just play double Flare Lock-Load hunter, that works too.

Rapstah

This thread would be a way better place if we all got to pretend like we thought all cards were as good as they are and we were the only ones who thought so.

Loomba

I just got disconnected opening a pack twice and when I logged back on my pack count was 1 lower.... Did it open the pack and add it to my collection or did I just get shafted out of 2 packs?

Pooya

It's not been even a week, MC fad will go away next season when people start trying again. The fact that it has hard counter in one of the most popular classes on ladder will make sure it won't ever get out of hand.

The deck still is not very good on its own anyway, yeah having BGH really clears everything. Watching streams, it happened again and again.

I just got disconnected opening a pack twice and when I logged back on my pack count was 1 lower.... Did it open the pack and add it to my collection or did I just get shafted out of 2 packs?

Whenever you open the pack the cards go directly to your collection whether you flip them over or not.

Dre

Xixo kicked from Archon. I guess Scamaz isn't taking their loss well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...o_kicked_from_archon_nadia_received_messages/

And their coach
http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/32386-archon-parts-ways-with-purple

Heads are really rolling over there.

Watched Purple's stream yesterday and he didn't mention anything besides being currently on vacation in Canada, hope he wasn't caught off guard by the news, that would be really shitty from Amaz.

clav

Freeze mage encourages aggro play.

Just like oil rogue, once the Mage has all the cards needed, GG.

What's the solution?

The answer is always no one knows. Hence, no one should take this game seriously.

Freeze mage encourages aggro play.

Just like oil rogue, once the Mage has all the cards needed, it's GG.

What's the solution?

The answer is always no one knows.

You can't 'play' against freeze mage.
If you have the right deck you win.
If you have the wrong you loose.
If you have a so-so deck it depends on the draw.

Tech cards like "Flare", Lothab and the 'Steal secret guy' are the only cards that swing game in your favour. If you face a lot of freeze mages play these cards.

During ranking mode it's sometimes more effective to just concede if you have the wrong deck.

AzureSky

Mystirious Challenger decks i played against so far are nowhere near as bad as patron. They fizzle out quickly and are pretty inconsistent. It might change if the deck is polished enough, but at the moment its kind of fun to play against. Also, you can build a hunter to absolutly destroy mystirious challenger, so there will always be a natural barrier for this deck's popularity.

You can't 'play' against freeze mage.
If you have the right deck you win.
If you have the wrong you loose.
If you have a so-so deck it depends on the draw.

Tech cards like "Flare", Lothab and the 'Steal secret guy' are the only cards that swing game in your favour. If you face a lot of freeze mages play these cards.

During ranking mode it's sometimes more effective to just concede if you have the wrong deck.

I've been saying all along that freeze mage is the worst deck to have in this kind of game. Patron warrior is up there now as well.

I think they keep adding cards that might be great against it, but not really worth including in a 1 deck ladder format. Like that bolf ramshield card is good against alex + burn decks but that doesn't make up for the fact that it sucks against most other decks.

Rapstah

has there been any charged hammer discussion?

22331.png

seems bad, but im not positive

It's good, but not good enough that it wins you matches on its own, and because right now there aren't any established ways to build a Shaman deck that wins except Mech Shaman (and that card won't fit in Mech Shaman) it won't be run until we both get a functioning new Shaman archetype and someone figures out that dealing 2 damage to stuff instead of summoning totems is great.

I don't think Totem Shaman is that new archetype in which you can run the card because you want to summon totems until you win. Maybe Malygos Shaman but I don't think that's good enough right now. Maybe in an expansion or two when there's suddenly a really great control Shaman deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom