• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably best to stick to a very small number of decks so that you master them. Knowing exactly what to mulligan and how to play the opening turns will have a big impact in your win rate over the long run. The player pool is large enough that it's unlikely you'll run in to the same player repeatedly (where running the same deck would leave you at a disadvantage if they notice).

Szadek

Isn't the real way to get to legend to mix up your deck choices on the way? I doubt the same deck is ever viable for the whole climb.
It depends.On low rank you should probably play a fast deck until you hit rank 5-6.
At this point you should find 1 deck that works well in the meta and stick with it
You might have to switch it once or twice if the deck doesn't work well or if the meta changes.

Footos22

tcCAHcM.jpg

Finally broke 15 woo.

Forsen is rank 4178. I didn't know the numbers went that high!

I think Legend is just the top 0.2% of (active?) ranked players. No doubt after the expansion the number of active players has spiked tremendously as people log on to try it out (or pursue rewards, like me) so the number of players in the top 0.2% will have greatly increased as a result.

IceMarker

Okay this deck is a bit more consistent than I thought. You guys just missed me pulling a 24 damage arcane missile combo to the face with Malygos.

xexPfRD.png

Leezard

Secret Paladin is hilarious to play against when they get like 6 secrets on their hand in the early game. They get so little value off of the cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, I disagree.

A 3/2, three 1/1's, a 1/4 weapon and an Arcane Missiles for 5 mana is not "fine." Same shit with Imp-losion too.

That's 5 mana and 2 cards. So you get a single Arcane missles for free, and that's it. Compared to some other combos like pyro+equality, pyro+pws, mechwarper plus one other Mech, getting two procs off Flamewaker.... Lots of other combos can be considered much stronger.

Still having way too much fun surprising people with this Priest buff deck. It's not a ladder champion much at ranks further than 10 or 9, but in winning at least 60% of games and such a blast.

I'm confident I can tweak it to make it seriously viable at all levels.

Have a list? I've been loving my combo priest deck ever since i've included confuse. A lot of people shit on the card, but it is just another way to facilitate inner fire, sometimes across multiple targets. Adding combat medic to the deck has been awesome for stalling the game out as well

Rapstah

Xixo is saying he wasn't fired for not streaming enough because there was no such clause in his contract, and he will have a statement tomorrow because he's in Korea.

Based on how much he talks about ATLC in his statement it seems like he thinks he was fired because of ATLC, but who knows until his longer statement comes out. Archon will apparently also have a statement soon.

Finalow

now I'm winning against a warrior until he drops Dr.Boom (this is the fucking arena), I don't trade with the boom bots but then he goes cult master, draws something like 5 cards and I obviously lose. it's not like I had a board clear spell or something with shaman, why the hell would arena give me cards like that. besides a single flamestrike during mage runs I don't get the privilege to get those cards, and then you face a druid with 3 swipes. okay
I don't know, maybe I'm bad, maybe I'm unlucky, maybe both. most of the time however it just feels like I'm fucking unlucky and can't do shit about it, which is infuriating.

I could upload my last run if someone has time to check it out, just to confirm how bad or unlucky I am.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have zero winrate against dragon priest. Just an incredible fucking powerful deck.

"I can't deal with that thing, it has 4 health!"

"I can't deal with that new thing, it has 5 health!"

"I can't deal with that other new thing, it has 6 health!"

What everybody says against Dragon Priest.

Acinixys

I have zero winrate against dragon priest. Just an incredible fucking powerful deck.

If they can get both of their 2/4 taunts out early is can be extremely hard to contest the board

Ive put an Elemental Destruction in my Shaman deck to counter all their BS

br3wnor

On my 34th TGT pack, finally got a Legendary, Mistcaller.

What's general consensus so far on him? Threw him in my Shaman deck and gonna give a whirl, don't really need the dust right now, seems like a decent card, if a bit slow.

johnsmith

remember me
"I can't deal with that thing, it has 4 health!"

"I can't deal with that new thing, it has 5 health!"

"I can't deal with that other new thing, it has 6 health!"

What everybody says against Dragon Priest.

You forgot "I can't deal with this thing, it has 3 health!" on turn 1.

Rapstah

Archon's official message says they released Xixo because:

Over the past few months, we have been in communication with Xixo to resolve issues involving him and the team. We unfortunately did not see enough progress from either side and we made our decision deliberately. We believe it is in both parties’ best interest to move on and get a fresh start.

So basically no information.

inky

Team drama... like, who cares.

Anyways, apparently playing Varian into a full board puts the minions you draw into your hand. Nice tidbit to know I guess.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
22290.png

This card is surprisingly fairly good. Against face hunter and ebopaliden the healing comes with a good body to take out all those low health minions and devine shields, and against control decks its sticking power can allow you to get a lot of healing in.

Unfortunately, it's way worse than healbot when it comes to freeze mage and patron warrior, because a lot of times they let you stay at full health until they have you 2 turns from lethal, and you really need a burst heal in between those two turns to survive, and unfortunately I've definitely been encountering freeze mage and patron warrior a lot today.

Ultrabum

New tempo storm meta snapshot, secret paladin as number 1, patron as number 2 rofl.

Surprisingly, they put totem shaman at number 5! I thought that was interesting, and then I looked at the match up breakdown. They gave totem shaman a 30% win rate vs both paladins and patron warrior. Well my last 20 games had 17 paladins, soooooo..... its a tier 5 with a 30% win rate 17/20 times rofl.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What is it with piloted shredders always getting the craziest drops in tournaments? Seems so rare when laddering.

Pooya

Trump got rekt by this TOM guy 4-1. Those RNG and top decking skills completely outclassed Trump, he played really well though, that patron warrior opening against handlock was really good. but then again Trump sucks.

Now with Kolento in finals. Dragon decks doing a lot of work here, secret paladin too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom