• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerf

It's really sad that whenever anyone starts the game with a greetings it's only because they're stoked to play their 1 drop. Why can't they just be happy to see me?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
With Secret Paladin at the top of the meta snapshot, guess this'll be the week to try double flare LnL Hunter. Watch as next week, secret paladin falls off and LnL Hunter appears. Patron will stay at the top, as usual.

Is there a new dreadsteed deck? I can't imagine how that card could work so I need some explanation

It kind of starts as standard demon zoo, but you run double sacrificial pact, baron rivendare, kelthuzad, double void terror, and even a twisting nether or two. Control decks can have a hard time out of it because you'll get like 4-5 Dreadsteeds out and you can very easily kill all of their threats without any loss of resources and they just cannot clear your board. And if they overextend you Twisting Nether them away. I think it's a good deck but I don't know exactly how good it is yet.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm still trying to learn Tempo Mage and what are your thoughts about replacing Ragnaros with North Sea Kraken?

It's so annoying to have to rely on RNG for Ragnaros most of the time, but the active damage seems so important.

ViviOggi

Secrets Paladin is being played a lot more than patron right, now. It's close to 50% of the games I'm seeing in ladder.

Of course braindead hyperscum fotw deck is gonna be played the most. Patron has never been that common outside of legend, good ones even less so.

Opiate

Trump got rekt by this TOM guy 4-1. Those RNG and top decking skills completely outclassed Trump, he played really well though, that patron warrior opening against handlock was really good. but then again Trump sucks.

Now with Kolento in finals. Dragon decks doing a lot of work here, secret paladin too.

Which Tom was it? Tom41237?

Heropon

What's with this new secrets paladin and everyone using it?

I decided to try my new shiny Dreadscale and transformed the face deck I had into a midrange one by putting some lions and houndmasters. First time I beat a warrior with hunter, maybe it was just luck. Thinking about adding a second Hunter's Mark for the synergy with the worm.

With Secret Paladin at the top of the meta snapshot, guess this'll be the week to try double flare LnL Hunter. Watch as next week, secret paladin falls off and LnL Hunter appears. Patron will stay at the top, as usual.

It kind of starts as standard demon zoo, but you run double sacrificial pact, baron rivendare, kelthuzad, double void terror, and even a twisting nether or two. Control decks can have a hard time out of it because you'll get like 4-5 Dreadsteeds out and you can very easily kill all of their threats without any loss of resources and they just cannot clear your board. And if they overextend you Twisting Nether them away. I think it's a good deck but I don't know exactly how good it is yet.

Kinda got lucky and beat someone running that dreadsteed deck. Sparring partnered my Sylvanas and he had to attack it. guess he ran only one ironbeak, of course rng got me his kelthuzad and he conceded afterwards. definitely a powerful deck.

Acinixys

ROFL

The RNG is fucking strong today
FailFish.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My hand on this brawl:

Savagery
Savagery
Secret Keeper
Moonfire

lol, complete fucking joke by Blizzard. Kinda fits the theme of the entirety of Blizzard though.

edit: top deck Recycle.
edit 2: top deck #2 Tournament Attendee.

Just fuck off.

tylerf

There are not as many Murlocs in the game as I thought there were. Just had a match where I needed Murloc Knight to spawn either Warleader or Old Murk Eye for lethal or I die next turn and it felt pretty insane that it worked. It's actually only like a 1/6 for that to happen though.

ViviOggi

Wastes Saarad on 3, pings on 4 doing literally nothing for the board just to get the proc, gets rewarded with Flamestrike

I swear if this fucking clown wins

22290.png

This card is surprisingly fairly good. Against face hunter and ebopaliden the healing comes with a good body to take out all those low health minions and devine shields, and against control decks its sticking power can allow you to get a lot of healing in.

Unfortunately, it's way worse than healbot when it comes to freeze mage and patron warrior, because a lot of times they let you stay at full health until they have you 2 turns from lethal, and you really need a burst heal in between those two turns to survive, and unfortunately I've definitely been encountering freeze mage and patron warrior a lot today.

1/8, how about 8/1?

22327.png

612.png

Get that extra damage heheh.

I can imagine people using divine spirit and alchemist to OTK people. Ugh.

What's with this new secrets paladin and everyone using it?

I decided to try my new shiny Dreadscale and transformed the face deck I had into a midrange one by putting some lions and houndmasters. First time I beat a warrior with hunter, maybe it was just luck. Thinking about adding a second Hunter's Mark for the synergy with the worm.

I've tried it out a bit. I think I need lock and load to make the deck I want to try for hunter. But I got dreadscale from a pack and the hunter's mark synergy is great and he is more like a 5/2 minion due to the walking aoe which is also excellent.

Pooya

He won quite a few with it before but yeah, you can see how gimmicky and inconsistent it can be here when your deck order isn't what you want it to be, you just lose without much of a fight.

Oh, and patron deck can deal with all of this very well.

-----------------------

Malygos? wait he got it from esportal AGAIN? this guy is ridiculous.

Heropon

I think I'm crafting Antonidas next.

Now seriously, if you already have Dr. Boom, Sylvanas and Ragnaros, what should be the next legendary I should be aiming for? One of the new neutrals? A good class legendary like Varyan or Antonidas to flesh out some decks? 300 dust left for my next legendary and I don't know what to do.

manhack

This tournament is a good example of the risks of playing Piloted Shredder and Deathlord in your decks. Most of the time they will be super strong and a buffed Deathlord that can be answered will win you a game.

However, there is always a chance Shredder and Deathlord will go against you. Can't really complain about the RNG there too much.

Unstable Portal...That one is i little tricky. You are giving up some tempo to play a card for 1 less mana. If the opponent isn't challenging the board or you are able to get board control, then yes a cheap legendary is a nightmare.

I think I'm crafting Antonidas next.

Now seriously, if you already have Dr. Boom, Sylvanas and Ragnaros, what should be the next legendary I should be aiming for? One of the new neutrals? A good class legendary like Varyan or Antonidas to flesh out some decks? 300 dust left for my next legendary and I don't know what to do.

Totally depends on what you want to play.

A word of advice though, just because you have the dust to make a legendary card, doesn't mean you need to. :)

I've made more than a few legend cards that I don't get enough use out of to justify having made them. This was back in classic when they took so long to release new sets, having first started in closed beta the launch of gvg took forever.

Heropon

Totally depends on what you want to play.

A word of advice though, just because you have the dust to make a legendary card, doesn't mean you need to. :)

I've made more than a few legend cards that I don't get enough use out of to justify having made them. This was back in classic when they took so long to release new sets, having first started in closed beta the launch of gvg took forever.

Thanks for the advice. I think Antonidas would complete a few decks but knowing my luck about duplicates that might be like summoning another one. :(

Dragon Priest looks cool but I'm going to save my dust and not make Chillmaw, wait it out a little.

There should probably be a Harrison Jones but for secrets. Might be a bit too insane though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom