• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tried playing with LnL quite a bit today, and I'm not impressed. You kind of need a hand full of spells to get it to work so it really doesn't play into effect until you're in the late game. I think you have to have two trackings in your deck to really make it work, and I don't think you can fit those in right now if you want to run double flare.

johnsmith

remember me
Fuck this game. Arena

JW5tato.png

Tried playing with LnL quite a bit today, and I'm not impressed. You kind of need a hand full of spells to get it to work so it really doesn't play into effect until you're in the late game. I think you have to have two trackings in your deck to really make it work, and I don't think you can fit those in right now if you want to run double flare.

Whats your deck list like? I think it is going to take some really different deck construction to make work.

ZealousD

Whats your deck list like? I think it is going to take some really different deck construction to make work.

It was a pretty typical mid-range hunter, but I had to make some cuts. I think I took out two knife jugglers, a sludge belcher, and loatheb to fit in the double flare and double LnL. I also had a single Hunter's Mark. I sort of felt like I was begging for solid minions most of the time. I don't think a mid-range hunter can really afford to cut stuff out of their curve in order to get a LnL wombo-combo later.

It was a pretty typical mid-range hunter, but I had to make some cuts. I think I took out two knife jugglers, a sludge belcher, and loatheb to fit in the double flare and double LnL. I also had a single Hunter's Mark. I sort of felt like I was begging for solid minions most of the time. I don't think a mid-range hunter can really afford to cut stuff out of their curve in order to get a LnL wombo-combo later.

When I was making a deck for dreadscale I realized the potential for lock and load could be there due to all the cheap removal (hunter's mark, arcane shot, quick shot, deadly shot, power shot, +2-3 secrets). Plus dreadscale already synergizes well with hunter's mark along with these other direct damage removal spells to clear boards efficiently and that walking 1 damage aoe is no joke.

If you can control the board with early spells, elekk can act fairly consistently as minion card draw. You have mad scientist to thin and control (1 or 2 bear traps, plus freezing or even snipe).

ZealousD

When I was making a deck for dreadscale I realized the potential for lock and load could be there due to all the cheap removal (hunter's mark, arcane shot, quick shot, deadly shot, power shot, +2-3 secrets). Plus dreadscale already synergizes well with hunter's mark along with these other direct damage removal spells to clear boards efficiently and that walking 1 damage aoe is no joke.

If you can control the board with early spells, elekk can act fairly consistently as minion card draw. You have mad scientist to thin and control (1 or 2 bear traps, plus freezing or even snipe).

I hadn't mentioned Dreadscale but he was in my deck, actually. He can do some work, for sure, but I usually ended up dropping him prior to any LnL turns because I needed to kill little stuff like Silver Hand Recruits.

I hadn't mentioned Dreadscale but he was in my deck, actually. He can do some work, for sure, but I usually ended up dropping him prior to any LnL turns because I needed to kill little stuff like Silver Hand Recruits.

Yeah, I'd imagine so. But because the synergy exists between both mark plus dreadscale or LNL separately it definitely belongs I think. And against slower decks LnL seems like a life line that can be more relied upon in conjunction with a dreadscale board clear/swing.

LMAO @ Secret Paladin as #1.

MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER DA GAWD!

Though there is no way that deck should be over Grim Patron IMO.

It isn't even better than eboladin.

Only at 300 wins for Paladin but I really want those golden dudes. Must resist urge to play Eboladin....

I remember when facing a golden hero was a "oh shit" moment because you knew they were experienced and had all the good cards. Now it just lets you know what aggro deck you are facing.

Hupsel

So blizz adds two new ebola cards... the eboliest of them all (Murloc Knights and Mysterious Challenger) to an already ebola class to make it the ultimate ebola hero... ggwp

Ok, people never give up against me, and now I just had two people give up right at the start of the match. The first was after the mulligan, and the second was during. I am playing Hunter, but it is a really shitty deck, and people shouldn't expect it to be amazing as I was rank 18 before the quitters.

georly

I got the spectate quest but everyone I normally spectate is at burning man now ;_;

Anyone playing right now? geo1118 Americas

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tempostorm's meta snapshot is hilarious. Can't believe they were dumb enough to bite on Secret Paladin being top tier.

Hupsel

Anyone wanna try to bet on next hero portraits to release?

Rogue: Garona
Priest: Tyrande (Shes high priestess but sometimes also a hunter... but there's Alleria already there)
Paladin: Yrel
Warlock: Archimonde...?

Rogue: Garona
Priest: Tyrande (Shes high priestess but sometimes also a hunter... but there's Alleria already there)
Paladin: Yrel
Warlock: Archimonde...?

Rogue - Garona
Warlock - Cho'gall
Priest - Tyrande
Paladin - Turalyon
Druid - Broll
Shaman - Drek'thar
Mage again - Kael'thas
Hunter again - Should've had Hemet instead of making him a shit legendary
Warrior again - There's like, 100 different options.
Death Knight - Arthas and Mograine
Monk - Taran Zhu and Chen Stormstout
Demon Hunter - It would have to be Illidan. C'mon.

Some classes have way more lore important people then others, Mages and Warriors being the largest pool. But who says they won't use legendaries as hero portraits? A lot of the most important class people in lore (Tirion, Bolvar, Velen, Rhonin) are already legendaries. You could just swap them for the default portrait. There's also a lot of people who are kind of both - Tyrande is Priest/Hunter, Cho'gall is Warlock/Mage, Taran Zhu is Monk/Rogue...

Pooya

Just had the Ram Wrangler into Gahz'rilla into houndmaster on it dream against a mid range paly, he got rekt even though he used two peace keepers on it. lol

Pooya

this is my hunter deck right now, definitely switching those secrets. Freezing Trap is way too good. I'm not sure if I will have two freezing traps, one explosive or the other way. Current meta I think two explosive is better, freezing can be easily exploited with cheap battlecry minions. Bear was ok but everytime I had it I wish I had freezing instead...

http://hss.io/d/1767427

Just tested 5 games on rank 4 ladder so far.

Against control warrior after Justicar I just had no chance of winning, it was going very well before that.

Priest was one of those gimmicky OTK with Velen. lame.

Secret paladin got really lucky or I would have won next turn. MC was never played.

Mid range paly got destoryed.

Tempo mage got destroyed.

Definitely want a second juggler in there too.

Ketch

Just had the best match of my hearthstone career so far.

Beat a control warrior with emperor thurassian, dr. boom, varian and justicar hero power card in his deck.

My deck was a controlly totem shaman, with one legendary: chromagus.

At one point he was full health + 30 armor. It took over an hour, the last card he played was varian and the first creature he got from it was the justicar, and the other cards were fatigue.

On my board I had stormwind champion, the inspire kodo that gives +2 totem damage, a 9atk healing totem, and an earth elemental.

he kept spamming "well played" BM, I never responded until the very end where I said "thank you" right before I won.

Crazy game. felt so good beating that chump with all his legendaries.

edit: OH yea he also had that stupid enrage charge orc. grommash?

edit2: here's the deck I used: The one card not shown is a totemic might.

V-Faction

I love that last little bit of Kripp's patron video. "Oops, discarded my spell for lethal... just kiddin'-BLAM".

Just had the best match of my hearthstone career so far.

Beat a control warrior with emperor thurassian, dr. boom, varian and justicar hero power card in his deck.

My deck was a controlly totem shaman, with one legendary: chromagus.

At one point he was full health + 30 armor. It took over an hour, the last card he played was varian and the first creature he got from it was the justicar, and the other cards were fatigue.

On my board I had stormwind champion, the inspire kodo that gives +2 totem damage, a 9atk healing totem, and an earth elemental.

he kept spamming "well played" BM, I never responded until the very end where I said "thank you" right before I won.

Crazy game. felt so good beating that chump with all his legendaries.

edit: OH yea he also had that stupid enrage charge orc. grommash?

I've been thinking of a Chromaggus+Ancestral Knowledge combo for the late game actually.

If the ladder ends up being like 70% Paladin I'm just going to run control Rogue and wreck shop with Blade Flurry, Fan of Knives and Dark Iron Skulker.

Baron Geddon feels like a good fit for that too.

If the ladder ends up being like 70% Paladin I'm just going to run control Rogue and wreck shop with Blade Flurry, Fan of Knives and Dark Iron Skulker.

I'm playing oil rogue with 1 less healbot for a dark iron skulker, as well as a sabotage which really destroys turn 6 mysterious champion.

Here is an example from a paladin I just beat: He played MC on turn 6. I attacked face with dagger, noble sacrifice proc'd, redemption proc'd, and avenge proc'd. I backstabbed the redeemed noble sacrifice and sabotaged the mysterious champion and also got his light's justice in the deal. If I had a prep it would have been a very strong swing turn, but instead I just removed his biggest threat and had slowly but surely got a win even though he divine favored for like 6 cards.

Dark iron skulker helped in 2 matches vs secret paladin as it helped me clean up a lot of deathrattle left overs.

I did lose 1 match vs secret paladin but I think that was more of a fluke than anything. I think over all I am very positive against the deck archetype with oil rogue even before I made some adjustments to become better suited. You can also cut sabotage for harrison jones if you run into too many patrons. I am also thinking that shiv might be a decent include.

edit:

I'm about to see how bad/good holding dark iron skulker in mulligan is.

Finalow

for eboladin, face hunter and patron decks where are most of the cards coming from? Don't consider the ones from Naxx and BRM.

classic packs?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Depends how they want to run things. Rogue almost has to be Garona, but Maiev or Vanessa Vancleef aren't really unthinkable options. Rogue lore/history has pretty little to draw from though, maybe the least of any of the classes.

I am kind of hoping they shoot for racial diversity, and they seem to be pulling from old lore more than new lore. Priest is kind of hard because so many notable Priests just wound up as cards. Tyrande is worst case scenario. Sen'jin, Akama, or Ishanah would be neat. I think Whitemane is probably the best candidate though.

Paladin has like a billion characters it could use. If they want to sell these things just use Arthas or something. Paladin lore is horribly boring and it's mostly just a bunch of guys who are all the same. Craziest they can do is Maraad or Dezco. Mograine is definitely on the table, but again, zzz.

Warlock could be Cho'gall. Dunno. You could pull anyone from the Shadow Council. Even the second alternate timeline Gul'dan. :^) Other options are Drak'Thul, Teron Gorefiend, or...I dunno. Probably no demons.

Shaman...don't really care. Maybe Nobundo would be cool.

for eboladin, face hunter and patron decks where are most of the cards coming from? Don't consider the ones from Naxx and BRM.

classic packs?

Eboladin runs Muster for Battle, Coghammer and Minibots from GVG.

Face Hunter mostly runs classic/naxx, with Quick Shot.

Patrons run mostly classic/brm, with Death's Bite of course.

Ketch

I've been thinking of a Chromaggus+Ancestral Knowledge combo for the late game actually.

Yea, I don't know. I think ancestral knowledge is really situational. I feel like all of the shaman cards have so much value that you don't really need card draw... like I'd almost always rather play a totem then ancestral knowledge. It woull be really good if you get the combo... in the late game... when the only two cards left in your hand are chromaggus and ancestral. But even then I'd probably rather play chromaggus and then hope for a taunt totem.

Ridli

I know I'm not high up the ladder, but man Secret Paladin is filthy. It feels like the most broke part of the deck is Divine Favor though.

Pooya

Just rekt 3 secret paladins, man this is really the cancer, every effing game is paladin... and the one that wasn't it was a mage. Me teching against secrets really destroyed the mage lol.

So, from what I could see, MC turn isn't even a threat to flare hunter, it's the opening that could really hurt. Shielded minibot, muster and secret keeper combo is rather tough to deal with, they can deal quite a bit of damage there but I can control the game after. It's really critical to get a freeze trap on otherwise you will probably end up too low on health and they slowly win.

So what I did was I opened with secret keeper myself to troll them XD these were the most awkward games.

At least is secret paladin is fun to play against... and there are so many variations now. People are really experimenting, at least in my experience which has been a lot of match ups tonight with most decks being very different from each other.

KuroNeeko

Man, walking the dragon-less priest path is like experiencing the Trials of Job... Slowly realizing that there is just no "be-all" deck out there. You make your deck to try to tackle what's most popular and just accept your bad match-ups.

Had something strange happen earlier though - was playing Hunter against Secret Pally and I Flared his first batch of secrets away. The next turn he played another Mysterious dood and it said he had "?" number of secrets. What's up with that? Was he just THAT mysterious?

Man, walking the dragon-less priest path is like experiencing the Trials of Job... Slowly realizing that there is just no "be-all" deck out there. You make your deck to try to tackle what's most popular and just accept your bad match-ups.

Had something strange happen earlier though - was playing Hunter against Secret Pally and I Flared his first batch of secrets away. The next turn he played another Mysterious dood and it said he had "?" number of secrets. What's up with that? Was he just THAT mysterious?

If there was a beat all deck out there, it would be OP and need to be immediately nerfed.

In card games, you can't make a deck that is good against everything, that is just not possible in a well made card game. Or at least should not be.

Hupsel

Any good hearthstone podcasts out there? Ive heard The angry chicken is good but I couldn't find a way to download it to my Android. Yes I'm old and dunno what RSS and other things there meant :I

KuroNeeko

If there was a beat all deck out there, it would be OP and need to be immediately nerfed.

In card games, you can't make a deck that is good against everything, that is just not possible in a well made card game. Or at least should not be.

Yeah, I get that. I should have known better from my MtG days. Just sucks losing, then switching decks, then getting paired against a counter, losing, switching decks, then getting countered again.

Feels like Priest doesn't reliably counter anything right now unless you've managed to get the 4-5 taunt dragons. Going to keep trying though - everything else I play just gets crushed. I can't even reach rank 10. : / Maybe I'll switch over to Mage but no Antonidas. Maybe I'll do Shaman, but I don't feel like it can compete with Paladin right now. I tried Skulker, BF Rogue a few days ago and even that was too slow.

luoapp

Any good hearthstone podcasts out there? Ive heard The angry chicken is good but I couldn't find a way to download it to my Android. Yes I'm old and dunno what RSS and other things there meant :I

RSS feed is pretty straightforward. Just copy the url of RSS into your podcast app. What podcast app are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom