• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hupsel

Do you run any Lightbombs? If you run into a lot of Handlocks, might be worth fitting one in.

Yeah I have one lightbomb now. Of course they never appear in my hand when I face a handlock
smile.gif

Raika

First Legendary I actually saved and spent dust crafting instead of being stupidly lucky getting from packs huehuehuehuehue.

I'll let the awesomeness sink in for a while before I go back to crying at my 5 dust.

embalm

Dragon Priest will probably bounce around tier 1 and 2 for awhile. It's not a completely broken deck, but it is really consistent. Anyone who says the deck isn't consistent hasn't played it for more than a few games. It's a value minion deck, which isn't always strong, but it does have a very good match up against aggro.

It curves out as good or better than any mid-range deck that currently exists.
Every minion it drops in the early game get's buffed and obtaining that buff is extremely easy. The deck runs dragons at every mana point, so you mulligan for your 1 & 2 drops like normal, maybe you keep a 4 drop if it's a dragon good for your matchup. With 9+ dragons (I ran 12) you almost always have a dragon in hand. The reason the Dragon in hand mechanic works so well is that your late game buffs your early game, so drawing that turn 8 dragon on turn 4 now allows you to play your Twilight Defender. It's easier to get this synergy to trigger than any other tribe in the game.
The late game plays out differently based on which large dragons you put in the deck. Ysera/Chrom for something grindy, Alex for a safety net vs aggro or burst in the mirror match, Nefarian for the spells/body, or Deathwing for some extreme board clear.

The Dragon priest got me to Rank 5, but I swapped to Totem Shaman to reach rank 3 this weekend.
Dragon Priest has a much better match up against Riddler Paladin, so I switched back on Sunday at Rank 3.

Phawx

Totem shaman is some serious shit. I am really digging Murloc Knight. Only made it to rank 10 tho.

I'm avoiding playing as shaman right now because I already got that class to 500 wins.

Dragon priest is a fun deck

Hupsel

Dragon Priest will probably bounce around tier 1 and 2 for awhile. It's not a completely broken deck, but it is really consistent. Anyone who says the deck isn't consistent hasn't played it for more than a few games. It's a value minion deck, which isn't always strong, but it does have a very good match up against aggro.

It curves out as good or better than any mid-range deck that currently exists.
Every minion it drops in the early game get's buffed and obtaining that buff is extremely easy. The deck runs dragons at every mana point, so you mulligan for your 1 & 2 drops like normal, maybe you keep a 4 drop if it's a dragon good for your matchup. With 9+ dragons (I ran 12) you almost always have a dragon in hand. The reason the Dragon in hand mechanic works so well is that your late game buffs your early game, so drawing that turn 8 dragon on turn 4 now allows you to play your Twilight Defender. It's easier to get this synergy to trigger than any other tribe in the game.
The late game plays out differently based on which large dragons you put in the deck. Ysera/Chrom for something grindy, Alex for a safety net vs aggro or burst in the mirror match, Nefarian for the spells/body, or Deathwing for some extreme board clear.

The Dragon priest got me to Rank 5, but I swapped to Totem Shaman to reach rank 3 this weekend.
Dragon Priest has a much better match up against Riddler Paladin, so I switched back on Sunday at Rank 3.

Im not an expert but I do love the dragon priest. I feel like a can be powerful at every stage of the game. I used to play oil rogue and couldnt do much without blade flurry and zero high cost minions. Now I get all excited with Ysera and Chillmaw! I even got a Paletress there just because its my fav card, so fun.

embalm

Im not an expert but I do love the dragon priest. I feel like a can be powerful at every stage of the game. I used to play oil rogue and couldnt do much without blade flurry and zero high cost minions. Now I get all excited with Ysera and Chillmaw! I even got a Paletress there just because its my fav card, so fun.

I crafted a Paletress to try in an Inspire Priest deck, but I have been totally let down by her. Maybe it was the deck, but so far it's the only card that I've crafted and been completely disappointed with.

Hupsel

I crafted a Paletress to try in an Inspire Priest deck, but I have been totally let down by her. Maybe it was the deck, but so far it's the only card that I've crafted and been completely disappointed with.

The card isnt thaaaat good since you need to be at 9 mana for it to do anything. But its more for fun. I got a Deathwing from her once and an Anub that started spawning thousands of spiders. Oh, also got double paletress once from Chromaggus haha.

Dre

I noticed the new TempoStorm meta analysis is out, so let's follow up on this:

Okay, so my bar for him being wrong was that cards not in this list appear in the TempoStorm Meta analysis for at least two weeks.

First, here's a link/listing of the current top two tiers:

Tier 1:
Secret Paladin
Patron Warrior

TIER 2
Dragon Priest
Handlock
Totem Shaman
Mid-Range Paladin
Control Warrior
Zoolock
Dragon Warrior
Mid-Range Druid
Token Druid

And here are the potential candidates that are in Tier 1 or Tier 2 decks right now:

1.) Competitor Spirit
2.) Wyrmrest Agent
3.) Twilight Guardian
4.) Chillmaw
5.) Totem Golem
6.) Thunder Bluff Valiant
7.) Gormok The Impaler
8.) Murloc Knight
9.) Justicarr Trueheart
10.) Alexstrasza's Champion

I watched his stream over the weekend and he used both Justicar Trueheart and 2 copies of Alexstrasza's Champion in his Dragon Warrior deck.
That's pretty much admitting being wrong, I guess.

Brakara

I went from rank 10 to 6 yesterday with dragon priest, so it's definitely playable in the current meta. Only matches I lost were 2 against handlocks and one against secret eboladin. Hunters, warriors, shamans, and other warlocks and paladins crumbled.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Why would it? You've never been able to silence battlecries.

yeah silencing the aspirant actually helps the druid ramp
laugh.gif
Also guys legend rank is brutal, i lost like 2500 ranks just fooling around with a ram wrangler hunter deck, btw ram wrangler is kinda garbage.

Pooya

I had an aspirant drop out of my shredder, thankfully I could give it to my opponent by killing Sylvanas, it ended very well for me.

Cat Party

On average, Ram Wrangler should give you good value, but you can't rely on it. It's just like Unstable Portal. It can win you the game or just be a wasted card.

embalm

On average, Ram Wrangler should give you good value, but you can't rely on it. It's just like Unstable Portal. It can win you the game or just be a wasted card.
Speaking of unstable portal....
A mech mage pulled Varian Wrynn from it last night against me and played it on turn 7. It then drew and played Archmage Antinados, Rhonin, and a mech yeti. The game was over quickly afterwards.

Thanks for the link!

Looks pretty priesty, but am surprised you aren't running any Chows. One less Nova, but an extra Lightbomb. How are you surviving the early game - Deathlord and Pyro?

My games with this deck:

http://i.imgur.com/zY2DOFg.png (number of priests and rogues is just sad)

Best I managed was rank 6 3 stars. I have a good chance vs anything except handlock, control warrior and christmas tree paladin. Too bad ladder is infested with them right now :)

Early game isn't an issue usually. I try to get a combination of northsthire cleric, pyromancer and any of the 3-cost minions plus the HP buff spells. If VS aggro or minion-spammy deck, I always save circle of healing and auchenai if I get either or both of them. It's the late game where I die, if I die. Opponents almost always stop to kill my minions, so surviving early game isn't a problem. Even face hunters spend kill commands on holy champions. Which makes me think I have too many low cost and fragile stuff, and that I should replace pyromancers + darkbane (?) with more late-game minions.

Magnus

While I maintain that the new buff priest is way more fun and out-of-the-box, Dragon Priest is now my jam. I gave it some more tries yesterday and today and it does indeed win on consistency, by a mile.

For fun though, I threw in my Confuse, just to fuck with people, and guys, it's won me 3 out of 5 games today. NO ONE sees it coming.

I had a 4/6 Azure Drake on the board (had PW:S) against a Warrior's Chillmaw at 6/3. Hit Confuse, swapped them to a 6/4 and a 3/6, hit the Chillmaw with Shadow Word: Pain (lawlz) and rammed my 6/4 drake into face for a win.

So great. Totally not just a poor man's Inner Fire, at ALL.

Magnus

I hate to echo this sentiment. Tried various versions of heal-inspire decks that would get her viably in play as early as possible and working with my other cards, but it just didn't happen.

ALAS.

My love for all things Priest meant that it was a must-craft. And I'm sure I'm going to find a good use for it. After all, all the amazing legendaries that typically get killed in a turn eventually have their day. Velen, etc. They come back in new and exciting deck types as more cards get released. Not too bummed about it.

Leezard

I hate to echo this sentiment. Tried various versions of heal-inspire decks that would get her viably in play as early as possible and working with my other cards, but it just didn't happen.

ALAS.

My love for all things Priest meant that it was a must-craft. And I'm sure I'm going to find a good use for it. After all, all the amazing legendaries that typically get killed in a turn eventually have their day. Velen, etc. They come back in new and exciting deck types as more cards get released. Not too bummed about it.

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Sneed's is probably a stronger card most of the time.

Cipherr

While I maintain that the new buff priest is way more fun and out-of-the-box, Dragon Priest is now my jam. I gave it some more tries yesterday and today and it does indeed win on consistency, by a mile.

For fun though, I threw in my Confuse, just to fuck with people, and guys, it's won me 3 out of 5 games today. NO ONE sees it coming.

I had a 4/6 Azure Drake on the board (had PW:S) against a Warrior's Chillmaw at 6/3. Hit Confuse, swapped them to a 6/4 and a 3/6, hit the Chillmaw with Shadow Word: Pain (lawlz) and rammed my 6/4 drake into face for a win.

So great. Totally not just a poor man's Inner Fire, at ALL.

Can you post this deck? I want to try it

Frenden

Banned
considering most people are playing that cancerous paladin secret deck I don't blame you. With this and patron running I stopped playing ranked.

Yeah. I plan on getting to rank ~10 each month for rewards and then reverting to casual/brawl.

I'd love to play arena, but the cost is prohibitive for someone who's new to that mode and likely to suck at first (I've felt that way about it since the beta).

Noaloha

I have an urge to watch some decent competitive HS, super twice-a-month-HS-player that I am.

I don't care *too much* about how current/recent the broadcast is, I'll take a good early 2013 tournament over a lacklustre lastmonth 2015 one. My requirements are just fun, engaging commentary (less dryness, less lazy Twitchisms), decent presentation of the players' hands whatever, and obviously fun decks/plays/outcomes/whatever, it was a good competition with at least a health smattering of hype and/or clever plays, etc. My worry is that I don't know how HS tournies are typically uploaded. Are they individual matches (boo), or can I watch (as I want to) a Top 8 sort of scenario in one video? (my expectations here are shaped by and large from what I get from the fighting game scene).

Any of you regulars recall anything suitable that might sate this urge for me? Any assumed must-see, everyone-already-seen shows?

Frenden

Banned
The ones that come up often are the oooold Fight Night series, Viagame, and Seatstory. If you don't mind older metas and just want good, fun commentary and matches, start there.

depths20XX

@Noaloha

Check out HearthVoDs on youtube. They have a lot of tournament videos. If you're expecting hype levels of the FGC level though this stuff obviously doesn't come close.

squidyj

that's cool, draft mage arena, get offered a single playable spell in the entire draft (frostbolt)

29 minions and a frostbolt. So very glad I didn't take the mana wyrm when it was offered.

Lord of the Arena starts in 3 minutes

With

Saltnad,Brian Kibler from Brian Kibler gaming master of duels lord of dragons,Hafu and Rastmah.

Lets go Kibler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom