• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I did go 8 once in arena this patch, but my average has been poor. A couple of 3 win runs as well. Haven't had any luck with classes being offered either, while it feels I face 10 win mages every single run at low wins.

Lol, a mage gets Millhouse out of a Piloted Shredder, and then has two North Sea Krakens.

Edit: And the next mage has two Fireballs, two Polymorphs, Blizzard, two of the Giants, and a bunch of other good shit. 4-3, so at least I didn't lose anything.

Eh that paladin deck is good but it doesn't matter when your draw is this shit. And look Hafu is going to pull another kelthuzard bullshit for the win again.

In arena once you lose temp it's basically impossible to come back.

Edit: game 3 perfect curve for Hafu, it's going to be a 3-0 blow out.

These games perfectly demonstrate the hearthstone meta I feel. Tempo is king, everything else is secondary.

September card back.

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19875227/hearthstone-september-2015-ranked-play-season-exodar%E2%80%99s-exodus-01-09-2015

3BN5QTLNKGKF1440614138997.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I never got what's good about Felreaver, every time I see it played the guy who plays it gets hardcore punished.

inky

Maybe it's just me but I never got what's good about Felreaver, every time I see it played the guy who plays it gets hardcore punished.

You have to play it from a winning position to push for lethal damage, or at least in a matchup where your opponent has no way to answer it or stop it with taunts. It is a risky play every time. Reynad just played it from a weak position in all his matches.

I don't like the card and almost never even pick it, tho. It's hard to not get punished for it.

Santiako

He got wrecked! Damn.

I use it on Mech Mage and it's extremely strong there, but if you are behind on life and board, it's hard to use.

Pooya

First two games were bad luck, third one he played really badly. I don't think Fel Reaver made much sense in his mid range paly deck to begin with.

Dahbomb

The Hafu vs Reynad matches perfectly encapsulate Arena. Whoever gets on the board first and has a good enough curve generally wins the game like 90% of the time. The first two matches were pretty much unwinnable for Reynad from the start.

I guess you could say Reynad made the mistake of drafting too much crap like Lance Carriers and not enough good 2-3 drops.

Finalow

the difference is also that hafu plays a lot of arena whereas reynad doesn't, or at least the few times I checked out his stream he was always playing constructed.

Arol

I know why people love Face Hunter now.

I've been having so much trouble getting past rank 20/19 using decks online, watching youtube videos, getting tips, crafting legendaries, spending gold/dust, etc etc

And I just hit rank 15 in a day of playing it.

Dahbomb

Not really. It only seemed that way for Reynad vs. Hafu because Reynad didn't have any AoE.
Chance of getting AOEs in Arena has been getting less and less that's my point. Before that Reynad situation was a bit recoverable but now with more minions in the set and less spells overall that means less AOE options available overall. Games are much more decided by early minion trading.

Dahbomb

Do they know each other's deck?

I feel like knowing each other's deck really throws the dynamic of Arena out. Like if you know there's no MCT on the other side then you can just flood the board with 4 minions.

Santiako

Do they know each other's deck?

I feel like knowing each other's deck really throws the dynamic of Arena out. Like if you know there's no MCT on the other side then you can just flood the board with 4 minions.

They don't, they mentioned that earlier.

inky

The only match I've played against a streamer was against Hafu, and I beat her. What I'm saying is that basically I'm the winner of this tournament guys. Thank you.

Gotchaye

Fro complimented her and Kripp said "She had luck, it was almost exclusively luck" :/

I think he said that she'd had exclusively good luck, after Frodan said she'd had some good luck and bad luck. I can see the disrespectful interpretation but I'm not sure it was meant that way - he may have just not been able to think of a time where some chance thing went very wrong for her. Personally, I think that while she drew really well in each game the choices she got offered in her drafts were generally weaker than her opponents'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom