• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

Gotta love the ladder. I made it to rank 10 last season. Start of new season and lose the first six games with the same deck at 19/20.

I always use the start of the season to play either a ridiculous deck I came up with or one I'm not familiar with. You're always going to run into some weird shit at the start of the season, might as well have some fun with it.

I'm sure its been discussed so i hate to be repetitive, but recently my ipad has been crashing for no reason while playing hearthstone. I'm just trying to run a backup and restore it now so hopefully that fixes the problem. Similarly, I'll be playing my Android Phone on wifi, and not only does it run like shit thanks to the new update, but it will randomly disconnect from wifi for no reason. Any help on speeding up the performance and not having it randomly disconnect would be great.

manhack

I love playing a deck with Fel Reaver in it. As soon as my opponent sees it they completely forget the role of their own deck and decide that I must be milled, meanwhile ignoring the fact that they are playing all their shittiest cards while I have an 8/8 on the board. The game is gonna be over way before you mill me my man.

Yeah outside of the occasional backfire, I had a ton of success with Fel Reaver in a mech mage deck. It was insanely good to be honest.

Pooya

Echo of Medivh should be banned from arena, flamestrike is bad enough as it is. I thought I was winning

Edit: Amaz started streaming, card reveal here.

ViviOggi

Wouldn't a great fix for arena be a reclassification of some cards' rarities for mages?

It would have been one and a half years ago when players started suggesting this

Now Paladin would just take the top spot in a heartbeat, nerf Paladin rarities and Warlock+Rogue are next in line

It's not that simple anymore, it would require a serious overhaul of the drafting system and well Blizzard is still working on deckslots... go figure

oupi

Here we GO

I'm ready for the Grand Tournament

3qCAEJMhmt3vnXybEA.0.gif

do2WhuQ.jpg

Me too, 3k gold and 12k dust

Cat Party

Why's Windfury Shaman not a thing?

I just threw together one and at turn 7 I cast Windspeaker (4 mana 3/3 give windfury to a minion) on my Fire Elemental, then Flametongue Totem for an extra +2 attack and then Rockbiter Weapon for an extra +3 for a grand total of 22 damage to the face and lethal. My opponent never saw it coming.

Early turns was mostly fighting for board control with mechs. I think the deck should work. Even taunt wouldn't have saved him, since I had Earth Shock in my hand.

Why is Shaman considered the worst class. You don't have to run overload cards, except maybe Crackle and the 3/6 that gains between 1 and 4 attack, since you can play it on turn 4 and next turn Shredder and then Fire Elemental. Seems like a decent curve.

Anyhow I think I'll be giving Shaman a try on the next ladder.

Shaman is considered the worst class because it doesn't have reliable combo plays to swing the game. All its big combos require that you have a board going into the turn. And there's no way to make a board out of nothing. It also relies more heavily on rng than other classes, so it's easy to get discouraged when the dice rolls don't work out.

Still. I've had modest success with this type of deck in the past. It's certainly fun to drop bloodlust and windfury/rockbiter and blast the opponent down. But most players play against Shaman assuming you're setting up bloodlust, so they wipe your board every chance, knowing that you'll run out of steam in the late rounds (they're right). It's hard to get a situation where you have a good board state that lasts until your next turn. I think that Totem Golem is going to help, since it lets Shaman jump the curve a little bit to protect the other early minions. We'll see.

Rapstah

I feel like Polymorph and ping is way more consistent than that Amaz card but maybe Mage really needs to remove stuff on turn 5 for some reason.

Xanathus

Actually I'm fairly sure all these garbage spells are simply there to nerf the cards that give random spells. Similar to garbage minions to nerf Shredder/Sky Golem/Sneeds.

Cat Party

I feel like Polymorph and ping is way more consistent than that Amaz card but maybe Mage really needs to remove stuff on turn 5 for some reason.

Polymorph is strictly better because it isn't stopped by divine shield and won't trigger a death rattle.

I don't think we had a choice with Amaz's reveal though. I doubt he had a choice either.

I'm not sure about Flame Lance either. Unless if there is a card that gives a bonus to using higher cost spells, people will stick with Polymorph. Doubt one mana is worth paying for not worrying about a sheep.

Wondering, are the only minions that have over 8 health Deathwing and Foe Reaver?

manhack

Actually I'm fairly sure all these garbage spells are simply there to nerf the cards that give random spells. Similar to garbage minions to nerf Shredder/Sky Golem/Sneeds.

Yeah looks like they are expanding the spell pool for nefarian/spellslinger.

It also will thin out the commons for arena, potentially reducing the number of flamestrikes and fireballs. If I remember, lots of people were saying this is best way to nerf mage in arena.

I'm pretty sure this is not meant to be used in constructed but maybe there are a lot of 8+ health minions that you REALLY want to get off the board.

Pooya

The last thing mage needed was more removals... they give it a terrible removal.

Effect probably looks like a copy paste of flame cannon, they already copied it once for Dragon's Breath. Here comes the third one. Laaazy filler cards.

Santiako

Challengestone 3 is starting:

Challengestone 3: Right On Target

Build decks with the following restrictions
3 decks of different classes for conquest format
Only cards that are capable of targeting other cards or heroes can be included in the decks.

That seems quite difficult :p

gutshot

I don't think we had a choice with Amaz's reveal though. I doubt he had a choice either.

I'm not sure about Flame Lance either. Unless if there is a card that gives a bonus to using higher cost spells, people will stick with Polymorph. Doubt one mana is worth paying for not worrying about a sheep.

Wondering, are the only minions that have over 8 health Deathwing and Foe Reaver?

Anima Golem
Ysera
Malygos
Jaraxxus

Pooya

The funny part is that the theme of set is hero power, polymorph has synergy with hero power, this new card actually doesn't,

Minsc

Gold Member
What's your problem guys?

For once it's a garbage card finding its way into Mage's common pool

Time to celebrate tbh

Another dozen similarly bad common spells and people might start thinking twice about Mage in arena, one isn't going to do anything sadly.

ViviOggi

Also they're not printing trash to nerf rng cards, it's simply filler you'll find in any expansion. It's boring removal sure but at least the text is slightly unique for Mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom