• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Faction

Ah-ha! I'm enjoying the mage redundancy. Have fun with your lame spells, Mage!

...ignoring Effigy. And Echo of Medivh. And Fireball. And all the other good ones.

Now I'm sad.

Xanathus

I've started retiring arena games when I reach 7-2 and have a mediocre deck, the deck quality increases so much at that point that it's unlikely I get more than 9 wins which is the next point where the reward level increases.

Dreavus

Weird card.

Polymorph deals with big guys a lot better and sidesteps any other effect (like divine shield, deathrattle, etc).

It could be passable removal for arena if you don't see any polymorphs.

EDIT: They could have went with 5 minion only damage for 3 mana. I think that could find a spot in mage decks. 8 damage is going to be overkill.

cHinzo

10-2 atm with this Mage deck in arena. It's not amazing, but it IS amazingly solid.

05e1b3b582.jpg
12 wins guys! :D

Fcking golden common. D:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll have 700 gold by tomorrow. Should I:

-Buy the first wing of Nax?
-Buy the first wing of Blackrock?
-Spend it on the arena (I'm not great....usually get 3-5 wins)
-Wait until the Grand Tournament to see what 700 gold gets me then?

You know, you may be best off waiting. While Nax currently has some of the staple cards (Especially Wing 2), TGT may actually have some better cards.

Everyone is being too hard on Flame Lance.

Just wait for the reveal of the inevitable epic Mage minion that costs less based on how much damage from spells you've done that game.

cHinzo

But why not just run Polymorph instead

There aren't a whole lot of minions people run that have 8+ health, except in Control Warrior and BGH will do the job on all of them but Ysera.
Oh I was talking about arena, since neither of those cards are gonna get played in constructed.

Gotchaye

So fuck Dragon's Breath basically?

Dragon's Breath is clearly at least an attempt to produce a card that's very valuable in some situations. It can be played at 5 mana but obviously you're supposed to kill off some minions before using it. And of course it can also target face.

This one is just a strictly-worse Assassinate. I'm not sure it's even very desirable in Arena given it doesn't pop Divine Shield and Mage has a bunch of better removal. I think with a lot of decks I probably would draft Dragon's Breath over this.

Dragon's Breath is clearly at least an attempt to produce a card that's very valuable in some situations. It can be played at 5 mana but obviously you're supposed to kill off some minions before using it. And of course it can also target face.

This one is just a strictly-worse Assassinate. I'm not sure it's even very desirable in Arena given it doesn't pop Divine Shield and Mage has a bunch of better removal. I think with a lot of decks I probably would draft Dragon's Breath over this.

Yeah you are right. I didn't think of divine shields. Don't even know what the point of this card is then. I guess the one time you kill KT or an Ironbark Protector in Arena with it it will be kind of cool

Santiako

Can someone quickly recap what todays challengestone rules are?

Challengestone 3: Right On Target

Build decks with the following restrictions
3 decks of different classes for conquest format
Only cards that are capable of targeting other cards or heroes can be included in the decks.

ViviOggi

I just don't get why they're showing all this garbage early instead of the exciting stuff and keeping most filler for their FB dump at the end. Surely showing hype cards during the first weeks generates more buzz, especially when you're having streamers do reveals as well? Both of those have just been sad.

Maybe they expected people to be more excited just for the inspire shenanigans at the start... guess what, we actually play your game and see that this shit isn't gonna fly in the meta you created, so show those Thaurissans and Inspirewarpers that make it all work already.

JesseZao

I just don't get why they're showing all this garbage early instead of the exciting stuff and keeping most filler for their FB dump at the end. Surely showing hype cards during the first weeks generates more buzz, especially when you're having streamers do reveals as well? Both of those have just been sad.

Maybe they expected people to be more excited just for the inspire shenanigans at the start... guess what, we actually play your game and see that this shit isn't gonna fly in the meta you created, so show those Thaurissans and Inspirewarpers that make it all work already.

"Surely the next reveal will be the great card we've been waiting for!"

Thats the thing
Maybe these are the good cards

The non-Unstable Portal spells in this brawl are random right? Just saw a Priest use Mindgames and first time I've ever seen a Shadow of Nothing, 0/1 for when Mindgames whiffs from no minions in deck

johnsmith

remember me
I'll be honest, really makes me want to play a Dark Wispers deck.
Just another Savage Roar deck.

° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   
° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. .in a parallel universe ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   
★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● AOE doesn't exist...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★

Raxus

Another dozen similarly bad common spells and people might start thinking twice about Mage in arena, one isn't going to do anything sadly.

It still doesn't fix the root of the problem. If they really want to take mage down a notch in arena does that mean the whole class has to suffer and get shit spells for the next few sets? Why not just adjust the 'rarity' of some cards so classes are more on an even playing field drafting.

Drake

I think Blizzard is so concerned with over power cards and not introducing them into the game that they under powered this entire set. I'm wondering if I should even pre-order at this point.

ViviOggi

Mage scum is topdicking with no board, I have three minons including a 3/2 Auchenai and am sitting 10 life. Following my gut feeling I suicide the Auchenai into their fresh Dire Wolf and heal up with Darkscale + hero power. Opponent's turn, they draw a card, hover over it for half the turn and eventually pass. Next turn I heal up again, even blow my Nova for the extra heal, attack face, end turn.

Facing lethal the Mage reveals the Pyroblast and concedes.

DIVINE MOTHERFUCKING JUSTICE

Pooya

I had a pretty bad draft in arena (warlock), won 7 games still and 3 losses all to mage. This last one had KT, lol. I do a arena run almost every day, never get legendary, let alone KT!

ViviOggi

I think Blizzard is so concerned with over power cards and not introducing them into the game that they under powered this entire set. I'm wondering if I should even pre-order at this point.

Which is absurd when they printed an overall great expansion with GvG while the last adventure's core idea, a slow value tribe, got straight up rejected. Clearly this second batch of slow value cards is a reaction to the swingy hypertempo cancerrattle meta they've been feeding into since Naxx, but I refuse to believe that Blizz thinks just the existence of a new keyword is going to slow down the meta - and I'm jaded as fuck. There has to be something we haven't seen yet.

I don't understand the logic behind giving streamers bad cards to unveil. They promote it, get themselves all hyped, and then you watch the disappointment wash over them as they can't even defend the card being playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom