• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

The only match I've played against a streamer was against Hafu, and I beat her. What I'm saying is that basically I'm the winner of this tournament guys. Thank you.

The only streamer I've played is ratsmah and I beat him, so I guess that makes me the runner-up?

Alrus

Of course everyone else in Arena has amazing RNG. They have good RNG when drafting, and then RNG favours them while playing. The Druid deck I drafted barely has any Druid cards, and I never saw 1 Swipe. Meanwhile, the Shaman I go against has a bunch of the best Shaman cards, multiple hexes, and amazing RNG. What am I supposed to do against a turn 3 Tuskarr Totemic that summons a Totem Golem?

I think the deck I drafted is shit, but if anyone thinks otherwise, please tell me.

This makes me want to save up for Naxxramas instead of Arena.

I'd say your deck is pretty mediocre with a quick glance but it's hard to give any advice without seeing what picks your were offered.

Maybe it's just me but I never got what's good about Felreaver, every time I see it played the guy who plays it gets hardcore punished.

If the opponent can't deal with it, it can be devastating in arena. I've seen Hafu wins quite a few game because of Fel Reaver.

Also, players that to try to get the Fel Reaver to discard as many card as possible and sometimes make suboptimal plays because of that.

Just so people that haven't opened their chest yet know.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/18716985798#1

We are currently aware of a display bug that shows players receiving two copies of golden cards from their Highest Rank Bonus chest, when in actuality only one golden card is being awarded. Upon starting Hearthstone for first time this month, please immediately exit and restart the game.

Disenchanting any of the golden cards awarded from the Highest Rank Bonus chest will result in players destroying the card received from the chest.

I'd say your deck is pretty mediocre with a quick glance but it's hard to give any advice without seeing what picks your were offered.

http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/7p8d7a

I went with the suggested card every time, but I don't remember ever questioning it, because most of the card choices were terrible.

Going first in arena is a death sentence. I might as well concede every time.

My win rate going first is higher than my win rate going second.

inky

You were indeed offered a ton of crap. Not much you can do about that. It's likely that some of this is wrong. I'm no expert arena player so take it with a grain of salt as well, but here are some opinions:

I would've gone with Clockwork Gnome instead of Grizzly on your #3 choice. It was impossible to know you would have better Mech synergy than Beast at that point, but CG is a better 1 drop than Grizzly is a 3 drop if that makes sense. 3 drops are also very awkward for Druid, and sometimes having 1 drops is more valuable to your decks. Very strong 1 drops are game changers. By the time you got to pick #12, you already had several awkward 3 drops and only one 5 drop. Fen Creeper is good to protect so many early minions, so even though it was valued lower, the taunt and bigger creature would've added more strength to your deck than another low attack 3 drop. Harvest Golem is a great sticky minion, but you already had plenty low attack, low mana options at that point like I said. Pick #16 is a similar situation. For pick #21... I know Flame Juggler is a good card, but a) you already picked 1 and b) you should've noticed by then you had a very low curve. I think you could've considered the other 2 options. I know Raid Leader is rated abysmally, but you didn't get much help and were playing a lot of early stuff. Sometimes giving 3 or 4 minions +1 attack to trade favorably is much better than yet another 2 cost minion that only does 1 damage. Stormpike Commando is arguable a better swing minion as well. Bad stats, but picking who you deal 2 damage to might be better. Other than that, yea what you were offered really sucks. Those 2 Mulches at the end when you already have a Naturalize that was basically a forced pick isn't great. In fact, it's pretty terrible. I would have considered something else just for variety's sake, but not much you could do about that.

In general you got pretty unlucky. I bet you ran out of steam with so many weak creatures. The only thing I could see going your way is a good curve into Stormwind Champion, but with absolutely no draw and board clears (or even good spells) I bet you never got to that point with that deck.

I've never tried Arena drafting sites. They feel counter intuitive for me considering the way I learned to play, and seeing some people skip good cards because they always go with the top valued card sometimes is painful. You need to recognize what type of deck you have by pick 15 or so... fast, slow? Control-y, more low drops aggro, or several combos? etc, and from that point start strengthening on that basis, less so on point value alone. You didn't get much help with your draft tho. I think for the most part your picks were correct, but there's nothing that could be done to fix things like being offered Magma Rager and Moonfire like 5 times.

Holy shit. Almost lost a super close game because I was too concentrated on the other guys minions rather than his health. Realized after using my justicar'd mage attack that we both had 10 health and that I only had 8 damage worth of minions. Luckily, he took fatigue damage and I won. But man, super fun.

Hupsel

How in the fuck is Equality + Consecration allowed? More or less like brawl. Do absolutely nothing and use this one/two cards to wipe clean a bord. Fucking bullshit. FUCK PALLYS

You were indeed offered a ton of crap. Not much you can do about that. It's likely that some of this is wrong. I'm no expert arena player so take it with a grain of salt as well, but here are some opinions:

I would've gone with Clockwork Gnome instead of Grizzly on your #3 choice. It was impossible to know you would have better Mech synergy than Beast at that point, but CG is a better 1 drop than Grizzly is a 3 drop if that makes sense. 3 drops are also very awkward for Druid, and sometimes having 1 drops is more valuable to your decks. Very strong 1 drops are game changers. By the time you got to pick #12, you already had several awkward 3 drops and only one 5 drop. Fen Creeper is good to protect so many early minions, so even though it was valued lower, the taunt and bigger creature would've added more strength to your deck than another low attack 3 drop. Harvest Golem is a great sticky minion, but you already had plenty low attack, low mana options at that point like I said. For pick #21... I know Flame Juggler is a good card, but a) you already picked 1 and b) you should've noticed by then you had a very low curve. I think you could've considered the other 2 options. I know Raid Leader is rated abysmally, but you didn't get much help and were playing a lot of early stuff. Sometimes giving 3 or 4 minions +1 attack to trade favorably is much better than yet another 2 cost minion that only does 1 damage. Stormpike Commando is arguable a better swing minion as well. Bad stats, but picking who you deal 2 damage to might be better. Other than that, yea what you were offered really sucks. Those 2 Mulches at the end when you already have a Naturalize that was basically a forced pick isn't great. In fact, it's pretty terrible. I would have considered something else just for variety's sake, but not much you could do about that.

In general you got pretty unlucky. I bet you ran out of steam with so many weak creatures. The only thing I could see going your way is a good curve into Stormwind Champion, but with absolutely no draw and board clears (or even good spells) I bet you never got to that point with that deck.

I've never tried Arena drafting sites. They feel counter intuitive for me considering the way I learned to play, and seeing some people skip good cards because they always go with the top valued card sometimes is painful. You need to recognize what type of deck you have by pick 15 or so... fast, slow? Control-y, more low drops aggro, or several combos? etc, and from that point start strengthening on that basis, less so on point value alone. You didn't get much help with your draft tho. I think for the most part your picks were correct, but there's nothing that could be done to fix things like being offered Magma Rager and Moonfire like 5 times.

I agree with you on the Clockwork Gnome and Grizzly pick, and the site actually did too. But it said since Beasts had more synergy at that point (Knight of the Wild), that Grizzly was a better pick. I agree with you on the Flame Juggler too. The thing did not help me at all during the 7 matches, and it would usually hit face when I didn't want it to, or it wouldn't hit face when I did want it to. The majority of the 4 drops offered were bad, and very few of them were actually offered. I think the two Mulches actually helped. They never seemed to give the player anything good, and I didn't like using Naturalize because while it is only 1 mana, letting them have two cards is a big disadvantage.

I actually did win a game because of Stormwind Champion. The other games usually didn't allow me to set-up a board because the other players had good removal and big drops.

I don't play Druid, so I don't know how to play him very well. I always prefer to pick Mage, Paladin, or Priest. For some reason I see Magma Rager in every Arena draft I do, and usually multiple times. The RNG in this game just doesn't like me.

Thanks for the lengthy response. I don't always follow what the site recommends, but the other choices usually weren't very good. I also didn't know I was going to end up with such bad choices overall, so early mistakes weren't seen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does it not allow you to craft cards from Nax and before now? I was going to craft two webspinners but I'm not seeing the option...

You cannot craft cards from adventures, so no Naxx or BRM.

Pooya

With ladder reset on EU, everyone is playing innovative decks....like face hunter, face hunter and face hunter.

Where are the secret paly at??? I'm trying to tech against that but it's all face hunters. lol

Haly

People brought in face hunters to tech against Secret paladins.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any tips for Control Warrior as Dragon priest?
I don't play Priest but I play Control Warrior a bunch. The matchup definitely favors the Warrior, but the best way to deal with them is to minimize card draw off Acolyte and find the right targets for removal.

With ladder reset on EU, everyone is playing innovative decks....like face hunter, face hunter and face hunter.

Where are the secret paly at??? I'm trying to tech against that but it's all face hunters. lol

Bet those Hunter mirror matches are fun with Flares in the decks.

Still probably wouldn't cut secrets/Mad Scientist.

Hupsel

I don't play Priest but I play Control Warrior a bunch. The matchup definitely favors the Warrior, but the best way to deal with them is to minimize card draw off Acolyte and find the right targets for removal.

Thanks. Yeah I save some Shadow Word Death but sometimes isnt enough. Sylvanas also fucks me up good since I dont have silence.

Finally level 10 with Dragon Priest running Paletress, Chillmaw and Ysera as the high minions. Last match was so epic. Priest against priest. Match lasted a long time, we both ran out of cards. Paletress actually saved me. She summoned Rhonin, he died and I used Arcane Missile + Azure Drake to clear the board.

I want to try out Handlock but I don't have Lord Jaraxxus. Is that a show-stopper? Also I have two Molten Giants but no Mountain Giants. LJ and the Mountain Giants seem to be the main cards I am missing from the net decks I've browsed.

Haly

You don't need Jaraxxus for most modern incarnations of Handlock.

Mountains are a must though.

Haly

Hunter. There has never been a meta where Hunter wasn't some kind of bogeyman, imagined or real.

Frenden

Banned
I don't hate Warrior. Warrior is fine. Patron isn't a class card.

One tweak to Warsong or Frothing and Warrior is back to normal.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My brain tells me to say Hunter as most hated, but in reality I just cannot stand fighting Priests. It is infuriating to lose to some of the shit they do.

Most hated class?

Warrior or Paladin?

A Battle for the ages...

I absolutely hate Paladin the most. I already hated Eboladin more than face Hunter. Now you add in crap like Murloc Knight, Mysterious Challenger and Justicar Trueheart and just, yeah, screw Paladin.

Also I'd say I dislike Hunter, Mage and Warlock more than Warrior. No real disdain for Warrior actually.

johnsmith

remember me
I said "Call Trump! He's fat!
" in Eloise's chat and she read it and laughed. Eloise is a bully.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I went back to that unstable portal class challenge and wtf.

He played millhouse and I got Kelthuzad, Kelthuzad, Dreadscale, and Acidmaw(which together is a 4 mana combo, lol).

br3wnor

My brain tells me to say Hunter as most hated, but in reality I just cannot stand fighting Priests. It is infuriating to lose to some of the shit they do.

THIS. I play 90% control warrior and every fucking time I load up against a Priest I know even if I win, it's gonna be a long drawn out, shitty game. I hate hate hate hate facing Priest. Facehunter is still most satisfying to beat (I don't hate as much as Priest because I have a better win rate usually) but Priest is definitely number 2.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Druid is awful. Absolutely no fun to play or play against. Literally no interactivity involved with their early mana curve. Zero thought involved with combo, and it means you can't leave stuff up against druid on the board even if it's weak.

Druid is awful. Absolutely no fun to play or play against. Literally no interactivity involved with their early mana curve. Zero thought involved with combo, and it means you can't leave stuff up against druid on the board even if it's weak.

Yes, I hate druid.

THIS. I play 90% control warrior and every fucking time I load up against a Priest I know even if I win, it's gonna be a long drawn out, shitty game. I hate hate hate hate facing Priest. Facehunter is still most satisfying to beat (I don't hate as much as Priest because I have a better win rate usually) but Priest is definitely number 2.
I LOVE this priest deck. This is me stomping on a Patron Warrior

FX83PPO.jpg

Owzers

^^^ my priest is so boring compared to most, it's getting a little not-fun to play. Basically just minion stacked trading with buff spells ( 2x velen, 1x inner flame, 2x power shield) and two of each removals and two holy novas. It got me to rank 13 but then i got sent back to 14, before assembling my priest i was stuck at 17/18. Clerics x2, Dark Cultist x2, deathlord x1, holy champ x2, a sludge, cairne, trogg, kel thuzad, and one mind control for late game.

Pooya

Murloc Knight into Murloc Knight into double warleader :p "I choose death"

Put two Blood Knights in my deck, man it's so good, I win all the early game against other paladins and the game because of it. Mid range paly it's so fun to play.

Golden Murloc Knight is the coolest golden card in TGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom