• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mage is the worst, it's either decks with bullshit opener (mech mage, tempo mage) and Antonidas cheese later on or decks that are plain obnoxious to play against (freeze mage, fatigue mage, grinder mage)
Druid is cool

I hate anything that punishes me for controlling the board.

Many decks can punish you from controlling the board, otherwise you'd always win once you got board control. But I think I know what you mean, referring to patron warrior getting extra damage just because you have some minions. I was hit for 28ish damage on like turn 7 or 8 tonight because the only way for me to win is to pressure before they get the combo.

egruntz

shelaughz
I try to get back into this game, and even after the fucking expansion all that's around is fucking mech Mage. BULLSHIT. Why the fuck hasn't Blizzard issues nerfs yet? Mad Scientist, Mech Warper, and Dr. Boom are still just as they were months ago? LOL. Are you fucking kidding me?

I try to get back into this game, and even after the fucking expansion all that's around is fucking mech Mage. BULLSHIT. Why the fuck hasn't Blizzard issues nerfs yet? Mad Scientist, Mech Warper, and Dr. Boom are still just as they were months ago? LOL. Are you fucking kidding me?

I played a few tonight but it really has been a while tbh. The deck doesn't need nerfs just because people are playing it. That'd be absurd.

Moonlight

Banned
Mech Mage is fun, man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess I'm mildly pleased with the results:

JA8nsG1.jpg

I had a Shaman challenge so I figured I'd throw together a totem deck just to test these new cards and it ended up being really fun. It's not there yet, or my deck and I are not, but TGT has added some nice totem cards. When Thunder Bluff Valiant gets rolling, things can get pretty crazy. The bigger issue is that right now, it's the star of the show so if it's stopped dead in its tracks or doesn't show up, things can draw out for too long.
It's still nice to see the odd Face Hunter lose their balance and start trading off when too many totems start accumulating. Receiving an all caps message that repeats "cunt" ten times is a great metric of success.

EU was getting extra cards and Blizzard can't have that so that's probably why NA is being delayed.

Really sucks for those people fighting for tournament points.

Rank 5: Got gold unleash the hounds, gold snipe, and gold shadowbomber.

edit: Fuck, I disenchanted a normal shadowbomber and a golden thinking I had 3 golds because of the bug...I don't really care about that card but fuck me...

So, how does the reward scale work? From what I've gathered seeing people's rewards here:
- 15-11 : 1 golden common, 1 golden rare, 5 dust.
- 10-6 : 2 golden commons, 1 golden rare, 5 dust.
- 5 and up : 2 golden commons, 1 golden epic, 5 dust.

Or is it more randomized than this and I'm just seeing the most probable outcomes?

Leezard

So, how does the reward scale work? From what I've gathered seeing people's rewards here:
- 15-11 : 1 golden common, 1 golden rare, 5 dust.
- 10-6 : 2 golden commons, 1 golden rare, 5 dust.
- 5 and up : 2 golden commons, 1 golden epic, 5 dust.

Or is it more randomized than this and I'm just seeing the most probable outcomes?

you get 5 more dust per rank

rank 5 gets 5 dust, rank 4 gets 10 dust, rank 3 15 dust

similarly rank 9 gets 10 dust, etc.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got golden naturalize, wrathguard, and cogmaster's wrench.

Not about to complain about anything free like this, cool incentive.

CRS

Not random. There's a tier list online with each 5 levels giving out an additional card or better card after 3 total. In between are increments of 5 dust.

It's a visual bug, relaunch the game.

Don't DE anything like I did...

It's not just visual. I relaunched and then there was another chest (for September). After opening that one, it dropped me to rank 24. Same thing happened to Firebat, he's rank 23 now. Rank 23-25 have never been tougher

FeD.nL

So I just got a double set of rewards. Opened my chest and relogged immediately only to find 2 different golden rares (king of beasts and Void Crusher) and 4 different Golden commons (inner fire, glaivezooka, explosive trap and stormforged axe). Could also just DE the stuff.

bjaelke

Face Hunter running Fencing Coach. Not sure I see the value in that one.
So I just got a double set of rewards. Opened my chest and relogged immediately only to find 2 different golden rares (king of beasts and Void Crusher) and 4 different Golden commons (inner fire, glaivezooka, explosive trap and stormforged axe). Could also just DE the stuff.

Second copy of each card is due to a visual bug. You can't disenchant them and they'll disappear once you restart the client.

FeD.nL

Second copy of each card is due to a visual bug. You can't disenchant them and they'll disappear once you restart the client.

No, I didn't get a second copy of each card. I got 2x 3 different cards, 2x a different rare and 4x a golden common.

KuroNeeko

I ended at Rank 14 (Rank 13 max) which was enough to put me in the top 25%. Really? Sure didn't feel like it...lol

Rewards were -

Gold Druid of the Saber
Gold Master of Disguise
15 Dust

Kind of a bum rare, but I'm such a sucker for gold cards I don't think I can bring myself to dust it (despite really needing cards like Knife Juggler and another Defender of Argus.)

I don't like what these rewards did to the ladder, but I'll be shooting for Rank 10 next month anyways!

WOW! GOLD CSP! SO JEALOUS!

I always finish around rank 10 (9 this month) without even trying. Maybe I should make a push sometime just to see how high I can go. Was shocked that rank 9 is top 7%.

I spend 80% of my time in casual playing with random ass decks because I don't want the pressures of gaining or losing stars. Even then I only play enough games for my quests on most days.

The_Poet

Banned
I always finish around rank 10 (9 this month) without even trying. Maybe I should make a push sometime just to see how high I can go. Was shocked that rank 9 is top 7%.

I spend 80% of my time in casual playing with random ass decks because I don't want the pressures of gaining or losing stars. Even then I only play enough games for my quests on most days.

I read somewhere that the %'s they give you are based on the user base the month after the game released on mobile, when a large number of inexperienced players started playing. I find it hard to believe that rank 10 (also the rank I get without trying much) is the top 9%

ViviOggi

I read somewhere that the %'s they give you are based on the user base the month after the game released on mobile, when a large number of inexperienced players started playing. I find it hard to believe that rank 10 (also the rank I get without trying much) is the top 9%
It's a massive game and you don't even have to do placement matches or anything, you're rank 25 by default. So everyone who ever downloaded and started the game is included in the statistics. Plus anyone like us who posts in HS-related threads, watches streams, reads the HS reddit or whatever is already significantly more invested than the average player.

The average MMR in Dota, where you need a 3-digit amount of games to be able to play ranked and then have to complete 10 placement matches, is like 2.5k, which is joke territory. At 4k you're already in the top ~5% iirc. Never underestimate the casual playerbase.

I remeber a game that graded the active playing population on a curve across 15+ mini games and gave their relative skill a rating like so:

Ultimate - top 1%
Legendary - 95-99%
Grand Master - 90-95%
Renowned - 85-90%
Master - 75-85%
Respected - 65-75%
Distinguished - 50-65%
Able - 0-50%

And for pretty much every mini-game, regardless of whether they were the most popular or the least, anything below Renowned was essentially incompetent, and the gap between GM and Ultimate was massive (and within Ultimate, the gap between a low Ult and a high Ult was fairly large). The big climb in skill was from getting Leg to getting Ult, almost as much as getting from Able to Leg. The same is true in MOBAs and Hearthstone from what information has been released - most people do not play games very well, but around 10% do, and within that around 1% play them much better than the other 9%.

Xanathus

WTF I got 2 golden commons, 1 golden epic and dust. I thought it was supposed to be 1 common ,1 rare and 1 epic? I demand a refund Blizzard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom