• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I remeber a game that graded the active playing population on a curve across 15+ mini games and gave their relative skill a rating like so:

Ultimate - top 1%
Legendary - 95-99%
Grand Master - 90-95%
Renowned - 85-90%
Master - 75-85%
Respected - 65-75%
Distinguished - 50-65%
Able - 0-50%

And for pretty much every mini-game, regardless of whether they were the most popular or the least, anything below Renowned was essentially incompetent, and the gap between GM and Ultimate was massive (and within Ultimate, the gap between a low Ult and a high Ult was fairly large). The big climb in skill was from getting Leg to getting Ult, almost as much as getting from Able to Leg. The same is true in MOBAs and Hearthstone from what information has been released - most people do not play games very well, but around 10% do, and within that around 1% play them much better than the other 9%.

Pretty much the same as my experience. I don't find it strange that rank 4 is (according to blizzard) top 1% yet it's not particularly hard to get there.

Kettch

Is there a more lopsided match-up in the game than Freeze Mage vs. Control Warrior? Especially with Justicar now. A guy just got 5 fireballs immediately off his Antonidas and conceded before I even showed that I had removal for it. :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The number of "pro" players I watch rope themselves and remain surprised at animations taking a while is absurd now, they always act shocked, games been out years and you wait til the last 10 seconds to start your auctioneer combo savjz then complain that you missed attacks and lose the game.

Leezard

Is there a more lopsided match-up in the game than Freeze Mage vs. Control Warrior? Especially with Justicar now. A guy just got 5 fireballs immediately off his Antonidas and conceded before I even showed that I had removal for it. :p

With Emperor that matchup is less lopsided than it was before, actually. I imagine Justicar helps the warrior, but not all warriors run Justicar.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Here's what i got at rank legend:

88298ad.png

Pretty cool but i'm definitely gonna dust demonheart for 400 dust, i have 900 dust so soon i'll be able to craft another legendary. Also i just realized if i make to rank 5 each month it's 400 dust guaranteed
PogChamp.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Blizz needs to do something about the Joust mechanic, because a push basically equaling a loss means the odds play out that the cards aren't worthwhile.

It should go like this.

You both draw. If you win or lose so be it. If it's = then you draw a second round. Then you win or lose with = being loss this time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The number of "pro" players I watch rope themselves and remain surprised at animations taking a while is absurd now, they always act shocked, games been out years and you wait til the last 10 seconds to start your auctioneer combo savjz then complain that you missed attacks and lose the game.

I always tense up a little bit when I see how damn far some people let the rope go before they even start their play.

Blizz needs to do something about the Joust mechanic, because a push basically equaling a loss means the odds play out that the cards aren't worthwhile.

It should go like this.

You both draw. If you win or lose so be it. If it's = then you draw a second round. Then you win or lose with = being loss this time.

I agree, another joust on a draw would make the mechanic way better.

Xanathus

It's mostly just Lifecoach and Trump, and it's a huge weakness because they take too long to play out the RNG factor of the turn before making the rest of their play decisions.

Magnus

Man. A lot of you hit 5 or better. Nice.

Got my two golden commons and 1 rare for hitting 9. Ain't complaining.

Add me for the spectator quest por favor? :)
Budrickton#1762

Pooya

Rank 4 US reward, I got a golden shadowform. Does your hero power become golden if you use it even if you are not a gold priest?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here is the other problem with Joust.

If it's Joust on a 5 mana on up card that means in theory you've both already played a lot of your 1-4 mana cards. So it makes the probable range on the Joust card draws that much smaller.

embalm

For my final push last night I rocked out a Tempo mage in hopes that it would smash the surge of paladins. Well the Paladins weren't as common, but I had a lot of success and gained a few stars before the end of the season. Here is the final deck and it's been pretty good.

2 Mana Wyrm
2 Arcane Blast (combo w/ Azure Drake for 1 mana 4 damage)
1 Flamecannon
2 Frost Bolt (must have for that new Druid 2 drop that gives them a mana if left alive)
2 Sorcerer Apprentice
2 Mad Scientist
2 Unstable Portal
2 Arcane Intellect
2 Flamewaker
1 Mirror Entity
1 Counter Spell (Could easily be swapped for Effigy or Mirror Entity if you want more board, but I was finding success with by keeping the enemy guessing)
1 Effigy (Try to only have 3+ cost minions on the board when this secret is up, trade away anything lower on your turn)
1 Polymorph Boar (A pretty clutch spell, polymorph giants, and it lets you reach for lethal when you need 4 more damage)
2 Violet Teacher (The token generation is very useful against all of the divine shields in paladin decks)
1 Fireball (I never thought I would cut a fireball, but it's often overkill, and I want cheaper spells to combo with)
2 Azure Drake (It now also combos with a spell, just like every other minion in the deck, the spell damage bonus to Arcane Blast can swing the board hard and fast)
1 Toshley (Great body and spare parts combo w/ Mana Wyrm, Violet Teacher, & Archmage)
1 Dr. Boom (Massive board presence)
1 Archmage Antonidas (Wins close games)
1 Rhonin (Good body and almost demands a silence because the 3 arcane missles can go on to win the game)

Substitutes:

Violet Teacher - Mech Yeti, instead of combing with spells mech yeti gives you spells to combo. Mech Yeti hurts you in the mirror match, and you need to make sure you balance the cards that generate spells w/ cards that benefit from them.

Toshley - He is a strong body that grants a spell. I would swap him out for the second Fireball, which removes a large body and is a spell.

Dr. Boom - You need a big body in the deck, Sylvanus or any other late game legendary will do, perhaps even a Boulderfist Ogre would fill the roll if you only have basic cards.

Rhonin - He is a spell generator. Mech Yeti, Toshley, and Clockwork Gnome all fill a similar roll. Rhonin is the best at it and combos well with Effigy.

Archmage Antonidas - No substitution. He fills a very niche roll that can win games. Drop the 1600 dust to craft him and you'll use him in almost every mage deck from Control to Aggro.

I pushed hard for rank 10 but ended at 11. Pretty happy with the golden darnassus aspirant though. I think this season in going for legend. Wish i had more legends to make decks with though :*(

Ultrabum

I pushed hard for rank 10 but ended at 11. Pretty happy with the golden darnassus aspirant though. I think this season in going for legend. Wish i had more legends to make decks with though :*(

I would advise playing patron warrior, if you have BRM and Naxx. You don't need Harrison for the deck to work.

Anyone lose their extra golden cards from their reward chest? My problem is that the goldens I got were the third for each of them and they apparently disappeared :(

Haunted

Played Varian 4 times in 4 games just now - once he didn't net me any minions and I narrowly lost the game (but was on my way out anyway) - but 3 times he caused the opponent to concede immediately.

Which is a bummer since I would've liked to continue those games, but I can understand someone giving up when Varian puts out a Sylvanas and Ragnaros. Or two shieldmaidens and a Thaurissan.

20+ mana value

Heropon

Remind me to not play Arena anytime soon. A mage with flamestrikes, two top decked polymorph boars and a polymorph into a Force Tank Max in the 1-2 bracket. My curve wasn't the best thing in the world (terrible 3 drops) but I didn't deserve this.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Worse than Hemet Nesingwary or that new "Silence a Demon" Card? I don't know bruh...

They're super situational but not really bad. The Silence a demon card is at least a 3 mana 4/3, way better than even Ice Rager. Hemet would find a place in a super Hunter/Druid meta.

you know, the fact that bliz refuse to nerf dr boom has made me feel more comfortable dusting my dupes

cause if they arent going to change him, then theres no way theyre ever going to change.... violet teacher for instance

dusting the vast majority of my classic set non epic non legendary dupes nets me about..... 2500 dust. time to craft boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom