• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

People always open these brawl packs and get legendaries and shit. I had 8 packs from this week's arenas and last week's brawl and all I got was Bestial Wrath.

People always open these brawl packs and get legendaries and shit. I had 8 packs from this week's arenas and last week's brawl and all I got was Bestial Wrath.

I've only ever pulled one legendary from a brawl pack. It was Captain Greenskin, which I kind of wanted to mess around with, but he's not really any good. The next day, I bought a 40 pack with a 50% off code from Team Archon (thanks, Daveisok), and got two legendaries, Golden Cenarius and a second Captain Greenskin.

Hupsel

Here's what I run with pretty good success

Thanks for the help! Ive been experiencing with some of the stuff and the results have been good so far! Mind Control really helps and Justicar is solid to help with the heals. How do you manage the early game against aggro, tough? Here is my deck inspired by yours. I still have Paletress here because, well, I just love the card but I can see it being removed. Any suggestions?

dragonpriest2.png

G.ZZZ

I'm starting to think inspire minions may be better than combo ones in rogue. I'm playing a tempo/inspire rogue in arena and no game was even close, you dagger constantly to remove threat while ur small inspire minions become huge.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
With future expansions, Murloc Knight is also likely to get more and more powerful. They've sort of covered the basic 1 and 2 mana drops for murlocs at this point and so if they add new murlocs to the game, I think they're likely to be more in the 3-4 mana range.

Expensive murlocs are crap for murloc-based decks, though. The game actually needs more good cheap murlocs before they can actually be a consistent deck.

G.ZZZ

I'm starting to think inspire minions may be better than combo ones in rogue. I'm playing a tempo/inspire rogue in arena and no game was even close, you dagger constantly to remove threat while ur small inspire minions become huge.

As i say that i queue into a paladin that go T5 coin Murloc knight hero power into Murloc Knight. Next turn, the remaining murloc knight spawn another murloc knight and he play another from hand. I clear with flurry, and he play ANOTHER murloc knight that spawn murloc knight. Ok.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whenever this type of brawl comes out I just relive the glory days of Miracle Rogue.

Frenden

Banned
Chillmaw gets used in the Dragon decks.

Gormok gets used in Zoo.

Varian gets used in CW.

Sometimes you see the twins.

Other than that no real standouts. Honestly even Gormok has been quite underwhelming.

Yeah. I have all those and Paletress too, excepting Twins, and may craft them and call it good.

Prodigal

Banned
Is there any way to spend Amazon coins on Hearthstone packs using a web browser? My phone has a known issue with Hearthstone so I can't use that until I fix it and I don't have a tablet. Seems like they make you do it in game.

Santiako

Is there any way to spend Amazon coins on Hearthstone packs using a web browser? My phone has a known issue with Hearthstone so I can't use that until I fix it and I don't have a tablet. Seems like they make you do it in game.
You can use an android emulator and get it that way.

scoot3r

So I've been on Dragon Priest here lately. Tonight I realized I'm 0-4 against tempo mages. Anybody playing this deck have any success tips for me against a tempo Mage. I think what is getting me is the fact that the spell damage and flamewaker pings go through my taunts.

Too bad eaglehorn bow doesn't get duration off opponent secrets any longer. Imagine using that against the secret paladin decks. You'd get way more charges than you could ever use up.

Santiako

So I've been on Dragon Priest here lately. Tonight I realized I'm 0-4 against tempo mages. Anybody playing this deck have any success tips for me against a tempo Mage. I think what is getting me is the fact that the spell damage and flamewaker pings go through my taunts.

Earlier today I realised what a good match that is for me (I'm playing Tempo Mage), I almost lost one game but I unstable portal'd a Black Knight to get through the last Twilight Guardian :p

I'm like 5-0 against them, seems really hard for the Dragonpriest.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
9 games into an arena run and so far I've gotten two 'well played', both times when i lost smh people have no manner, just wanna pat themselves on the back for drafting tirion.

Dahbomb

I am undefeated in this brawl with my super greedy late game Priest.

Double Mind Controls, double Shadow Deaths, double Lightbomb, double Cabal combo, Ysera, Sylvanas, Rag, Dr Balanced, Justicar Trueheart, double Thoughsteal etc.

Even threw in a BGH for good measure.

Destroyed Control Warriors even with their Justicars, Varians and Gorehowls.

Tubie

So did Face and Midrange hunter get a lot better recently thanks to Secret Paladins? I'm trying to decide which deck to focus on this month. I have the cards to build any Hunter deck, any Priest deck and that Secret Paladin deck.

I was leaning more towards Dragon Priest till I realized Hunter is probably the best counter to Secret Paladin.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
So did Face and Midrange hunter get a lot better recently thanks to Secret Paladins? I'm trying to decide which deck to focus on this month. I have the cards to build any Hunter deck, any Priest deck and that Secret Paladin deck.

I was leaning more towards Dragon Priest till I realized Hunter is probably the best counter to Secret Paladin.

flare hunter yolo

I don't think so. It's very clunky as a rogue card. They're basically making her a mini-priest with burgle.

Works great in the right type of rogue deck, which is why it is very underrated as a rogue card since it doesn't work to well in oil rogue. We're in a new meta and I think tempo rogue is good atm and got a couple good cards from TGT and gallywix is a good addition to that type of deck which was not played much at all in gvg/brm.

Right now I am running it in tempo rogue and I am not even running loatheb because gallywix's effect lasts multiple rounds and it has won me several games. Solid card imo. I'm sure priest would love to get the card because it is a good one, but so would other classes.

Works great in the right type of rogue deck, which is why it is very underrated as a rogue card since it doesn't work to well in oil rogue. We're in a new meta and I think tempo rogue is good atm and got a couple good cards from TGT and gallywix is a good addition to that type of deck which was not played much at all in gvg/brm.

Right now I am running it in tempo rogue and I am not even running loatheb because gallywix's effect lasts multiple rounds and it has won me several games. Solid card imo. I'm sure priest would love to get the card because it is a good one, but so would other classes.

I appreciate your breakdown and analysis of the card in the current meta. Can you share you decklist? I've tried tempo rogue but I haven't played it efficiently like tempo meage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom