• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I have 1200 dust and a golden Cogmaster's Wrench with which I could get to 1600. Should I? I'm so tempted to finally join the Dr. Boom club... or maybe Rhonin, since I really want to build a tempo mage, but then again Dr. Boom is so versatile I can't really justify anything else.

Also I just realized I have 2 golden armorsmiths but 0 regular ones. Thought that was curious.

Santiako

I have 1200 dust and a golden Cogmaster's Wrench with which I could get to 1600. Should I? I'm so tempted to finally join the Dr. Boom club... or maybe Rhonin, since I really want to build a tempo mage, but then again Dr. Boom is so versatile I can't really justify anything else.

Also I just realized I have 2 golden armorsmiths but 0 regular ones. Thought that was curious.

Dr. Boom is waaay more important for Tempo Mage than Rhonin.

In the brawl.. this priest got 3 tirions off me. 1 from thoughtsteal, 1 from mind controlling my faceless of his, and then a third from thoughtsteal. The scrub still lost.

I appreciate your breakdown and analysis of the card in the current meta. Can you share you decklist? I've tried tempo rogue but I haven't played it efficiently like tempo meage.

The list I played yesterday is posted here with 1 change -1 burgle, +1 dr. boom.

That list I had a 75% winrate over 20 games which is pretty good for day 1 of the season. I'm not gonna say I've played it enough to know its going to last or not change, it is definitely not a refined list. It has been a while since I have played tempo rogue, but I like the list so far.

Santiako

Should I craft Justicar, Harrison, or Varian?

Depends on what you play, Varyan is only good in Control Warrior, Justicar is good in slow or midrange decks (mostly Warrior, Priest and Pala) and Harrison is a good fit in most decks if the meta is dominated by weapons.

In the brawl.. this priest got 3 tirions off me. 1 from thoughtsteal, 1 from mind controlling my faceless of his, and then a third from thoughtsteal. The scrub still lost.

The list I played yesterday is posted here with 1 change -1 burgle, +1 dr. boom.

That list I had a 75% winrate over 20 games which is pretty good for day 1 of the season. I'm not gonna say I've played it enough to know its going to last or not change, it is definitely not a refined list. It has been a while since I have played tempo rogue, but I like the list so far.

Thanks gonna try it out with your suggested change. Let you guys know how it goes. Really do miss the miracle rogue days.

Asbel

Playing Ice Rager in Brawl and smashing face. Get so many Well Played from winning. LOL. Many are just playing high cost minions so don't have a 3 drop. So Ice Rager trades well and usually does 10 to the face.

Hupsel

Seriously, how do I play against a control warrior as a dragon priest?

Cant do much until turn 5 because he just uses brawl... then from 6 onward he drops every legendary available. Tips?

Santiako

Seriously, how do I play against a control warrior as a dragon priest?

Cant do much until turn 5 because he just uses brawl... then from 6 onward he drops every legendary available. Tips?

Same thing that Freeze Mage and Control Priest do, You concede to save time, you can't really win that match.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't understand why that's a particularly difficult matchup? Most dragon decks are also midrange decks aren't they?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't understand why that's a particularly difficult matchup? Most dragon decks are also midrange decks aren't they?
Execute cuts out early game buffed cards, and many that don't get buffed get culled by weapons. Priest doesn't have enough push to end midgame versus control Warrior, and once the game stalls the Warrior has a much higher effective health pool with armor.

I just got a 27 health heal off tree of life against a super aggressive face hunter deck. I even opted to skip a turn of ancient of lore heal since I didn't think it was possible for him to kill me off.

The funny thing is he actually tried to keep playing after that despite having an empty hand and no board. When I played ancient of war he conceded.

5-2 with it so far. I don't think it is a good deck though tbh. Needs refinement.

Looking for some advice on what I should put in this deck as the 30th card.

I was running Sideshow Spelleater for fun but it just doesn't do enough most of the time. Cards I'm considering are Charged Hammer, The Mistcaller, Justicar Trueheart, Sylvanas and Kodorider. Open to any suggestions though.

newshaman1os4u.jpg

Looking for some advice on what I should put in this deck as the 30th card.

I was running Sideshow Spelleater for fun but it just doesn't do enough most of the time. Cards I'm considering are Charged Hammer, The Mistcaller, Justicar Trueheart, Sylvanas and Kodorider. Open to any suggestions though.

Sylvanas comes to mind. Maybe thunderbluff valiant.

Your curve is already really high though. I'm personally a fan of the tuskar totemic card. Or harvest golem. Maybe both. I think shaman needs to curve out decently with minions, especially when running DOA+FTT. It has been a while since I played shaman but relying on lightning storm to get some semblance of board control really sucks.

I just started the game a few weeks ago, and I having a blast. But once I got to rank 15 I've just been getting blasted. I've been trying to read up but is a lot of it just a matter of getting more cards to compete?

I just started the game a few weeks ago, and I having a blast. But once I got to rank 15 I've just been getting blasted. I've been trying to read up but is a lot of it just a matter of getting more cards to compete?

Post deck because the higher you climb you might need to refine your deck a bit. That is a good place to start, because even if you're playing really well your deck can hold you back. That is not to say you need more cards, but perhaps to replace bad cards in your deck with cards you already have.

The other thing is that since the ladder reset, rank 15 is much more competitive than it is usually.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think there's anything more demoralizing than a Priest stealing your Dreadsteed with Cabal Shadow Priest.

Sylvanas comes to mind. Maybe thunderbluff valiant.

Your curve is already really high though. I'm personally a fan of the tuskar totemic card. Or harvest golem. Maybe both. I think shaman needs to curve out decently with minions, especially when running DOA+FTT. It has been a while since I played shaman but relying on lightning storm to get some semblance of board control really sucks.

I might considering something lower on the curve then. Although honestly, outside of some bad draws against aggro, I haven't had too much trouble in the early game. It's working pretty well for me. Refreshment Vendor has also been insanely good in games where I've had a slow start.

I'll just have to mess around with different options I guess. It honestly feels like I can put in just about anything without too much of a negative consequence.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I might considering something lower on the curve then. Although honestly, outside of some bad draws against aggro, I haven't had too much trouble in the early game. It's working pretty well for me. Refreshment Vendor has also been insanely good in games where I've had a slow start.

I'll just have to mess around with different options I guess. It honestly feels like I can put in just about anything without too much of a negative consequence.

I do think Tuskarr is super good so I'd try to fit him in, he enjoys giving me mana tide totems for free.

Apparently redemption can be targetted by avenge... dumbest shit I've ever seen. I guess it depends on the order of play but you can't predict shit when it is played off MC either way so it isn't even great to tell what secret the last one is if it doesn't go off... I presume.

Most frustrating loss I've seen in a long time because I attacked into a redeemed 1/1 recruit to find out 5 seconds after that it was buffed by avenge due to how long the animations for secrets take.

Honestly, at this point they should just remove noz from the game and give up all the dust. Before I think it was very broken you could brewmaster combo and I figured it is only a matter of time til people figure out how else to best abuse it. The card just doesn't belong regardless of whether it is working correctly or not in my opinion.

Pooya

10 mana brawl was fun, this one is whatever. I don't find anything fun in it.

The brawls are getting lazier and lazier, I'm guessing they won't bother adding any new one in next patch and just cycle existing ones...

Sande

Honestly, at this point they should just remove noz from the game and give up all the dust. Before I think it was very broken you could brewmaster combo and I figured it is only a matter of time til people figure out how else to best abuse it. The card just doesn't belong regardless of whether it is working correctly or not in my opinion.
Well, no. If the code behind how turns work wasn't completely fucked, there would be no problem with Nozdormu. The card text is actually pretty cool.

This brawl is lame. Don't really like any Brawl where you can just use a constructed deck and do fine.

Playing Control Warrior against a Joust deck LOL

Well, I made a paladin deck and curved out very different than I would normally. I think this brawl promotes a good bit of thinking if you're trying to optimize a deck for it. And not only in the deck building, the way you play might be significantly impacted, which you might be overlooking.

I like the brawl even though it isn't really exciting. Since TGT is still fresh, I'll play constructed over it.

Well, no. If the code behind how turns work wasn't completely fucked, there would be no problem with Nozdormu. The card text is actually pretty cool.

Even if it wasn't "fucked", it is still a card that doesn't really belong in a card game. You might think the text is actually cool, but that doesn't mean it should exist.

Sande

Even if it wasn't "fucked", it is still a card that doesn't really belong in a card game. You might think the text is actually cool, but that doesn't mean it should exist.
You're talking like your opinion is fact. I think it works in Hearthstone, but not as long as you can waste your opponents turn.

Anybody not buying packs? I got into the habit during TGT of saving my gold. Now?... There doesn't seem to be anything worth getting.

Hearthstone needs a new hero.

You're talking like your opinion is fact. I think it works in Hearthstone, but not as long as you can waste your opponents turn.

That will never happen. Because of the length of deathrattles animating, card draw, and individual minions proccing, the card just will never really work well in hearthstone.

Your opponent has a sludge belcher? A secret? Even professional players sometimes find themselves roping out because animations take longer than you'd think. Seriously, go play a paladin who has 3-5 secrets up. You attack, noble sacrifice procs, then avenge procs, then redemption procs, that is probably 10 seconds right there alone. That means you had 5 seconds to plan out your turn and a good 2-3 seconds of that is taken away due to card draw.

Have you actually ever seen how long a combo like patron takes to go off? It is because minions like frothing berserker animate every single time they are hit. And it used to be slower in the past, they actually sped it up.

Also, I never posited my opinion as fact. You've chosen to interpret it that way.

They should remove the card. It breaks the game. This is my opinion. Can't believe I had to say that it is my opinion because it is clearly my opinion.

Sande

That will never happen. Because of the length of deathrattles animating, card draw, and individual minions proccing, the card just will never really work well in hearthstone.

Your opponent has a sludge belcher? A secret? Even professional players sometimes find themselves roping out because animations take longer than you'd think. Seriously, go play a paladin who has 3-5 secrets up. You attack, noble sacrifice procs, then avenge procs, then redemption procs, that is probably 10 seconds right there alone. That means you had 5 seconds to plan out your turn and a good 2-3 seconds of that is taken away due to card draw.

Have you actually ever seen how long a combo like patron takes to go off? It is because minions like frothing berserker animate every single time they are hit. And it used to be slower in the past, they actually sped it up.
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about your actions actually leaking into your opponent's turn because of the way they've implemented turn lengths. Secrets etc. are fair game. Nozdormu is considered bad right now and gets played pretty much solely for the exploits so I don't see the problem if they fix him.

Actions taking ridiculously long is its own issue to fix. They could just pause the rope timer when events are happening to "fix" Nozdormu, but most events should be taking wayyyy less time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom