• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LOL cipher on starladder had a hungry crab from a webspinner and lifecoach's shredder popped a murlock, instead of using the crab on the murlock gaining 2/2 Cipher just killed it without using the hungry crab, noxious and Savjz were so disgusted, dansgame indeed.

Yeah Hungry Crab is actually a good pickup from webspinner against Paladin now, lol.

Owzers

I watch hearthstone streams from time to time and i dislike two decks the most: Patron and ice block mage. I like watching crazy random things the most. Seeing warriors sit back and try to set up one hit kills isn't interesting. (just saw that lifecoach match where he lost to the patron). I also don't like force of nature savage roar combos either so.....i just don't like a lot of stuff about this game.

I watch hearthstone streams from time to time and i dislike two decks the most: Patron and ice block mage. I like watching crazy random things the most. Seeing warriors sit back and try to set up one hit kills isn't interesting. (just saw that lifecoach match where he lost to the patron). I also don't like force of nature savage roar combos either so.....i just don't like a lot of stuff about this game.

What's wrong with Ice Block Mage? Probably one of the cooler (heh) thematic decks out there.

What's wrong with Ice Block Mage? Probably one of the cooler (heh) thematic decks out there.

I assume he means freeze mage. It is a deck that basically wins or loses based on the order of its card draw. As the other player there is very little you can interact with or do to beat it. IMO it is the least interactive deck and fortunately there are some hard counters available (mainly warrior) which stops it from being a consistent powerhouse on the ladder.

Some people have all the luck. A Paladin I just fought in the arena had Muster for Battle, Murloc Knight, Justicar, Shielded Minibot, Warhorse Trainer, and more. Meanwhile I am a Mage with no frostbolt, flamestrike, or fireball.

Cat Party

I assume he means freeze mage. It is a deck that basically wins or loses based on the order of its card draw. As the other player there is very little you can interact with or do to beat it. IMO it is the least interactive deck and fortunately there are some hard counters available (mainly warrior) which stops it from being a consistent powerhouse on the ladder.
Yup, freeze mage is garbage. No interaction. No attempt to gain the board. Just stall, stall, stall, emperor, alex, antonidas, win.

Fuzzery

This is something that really pisses me off

Why did they program it so badly. Every action should resolve at the same time. Not this current bullshit of checking everything individually

Like if you have a Northshire on the board and heal 4 minions, she should activate once and then you draw 4 cards

Not proc - draw - proc - draw etc etc

I think the game actually knows what happens before the animations show, because you can't queue up attacks for certain things, like if a shredder is going to drop a taunt, for example

Pooya

All it takes to beat a freeze mage is a Kezan, which you should probably have one in your deck these days.
It's too easy.

blackflag

The thing that makes it bad is you can't prevent it. It's what will always keep this game far behind (strategy wise) something like Magic. Of course it will be more popular though.

They also make it so easy to get into a game and play that, as many issues as I have, I still really, really enjoy it.

blackflag

Some people have all the luck. A Paladin I just fought in the arena had Muster for Battle, Murloc Knight, Justicar, Shielded Minibot, Warhorse Trainer, and more. Meanwhile I am a Mage with no frostbolt, flamestrike, or fireball.

Tell me about it, my latest Pally arena run gave me no muster, no murloc, no weapon, no blessing of kings, no consecration, , no hammer of wrath, I couldn't even be bothered to play it after I drafted it. It was too sad. I'll come back to it when I've calmed down.

Fuzzery

Honestly with a consistent low curve and solid draw you can win a LOT of games, a 2/3 jouster, or a chow on turn 1 can just win the game by itself if you curve out

Tubie

Paladin in Arena just played Mysterious Challenger, and I thought well it's just a 6/6 I can deal with this.... HE SUMMONED 5 SECRETS.... what the fuck man, how is that even possible in an Arena draft?

Grats to him on easy 12 wins I guess.

Paladin in Arena just played Mysterious Challenger, and I thought well it's just a 6/6 I can deal with this.... HE SUMMONED 5 SECRETS.... what the fuck man, how is that even possible in an Arena draft?

Grats to him on easy 12 wins I guess.

He probably has 1 mysterious champion and way too many secrets to be worth running. In other words, he probably goes 1-3 or something bad lol

Tubie

Well 5 wins with that Priest run, can't really complain as it also gave me 100 gold.

Now this Hunter deck I just drew is absolute trash.

Hupsel

Argh I hate aldor peacekeeper (Well I hate almost every pally card lolz). More or less like a nerfed BGH... How can my Dr.Balanced still be balanced if everytime against a pally he is a 1/7.

Fuzzery

Argh I hate aldor peacekeeper (Well I hate almost every pally card lolz). More or less like a nerfed BGH... How can my Dr.Balanced still be balanced if everytime against a pally he is a 1/7.

The 2 boombots and a 1/7 for 7 would still be playable in arena I think

clav

Thinking of adding Hungry Crab to my decks.

Murloc Knights everywhere.

Same thing with Blood Knight although I don't know if these cards are too slow.

Tired of hearing minibots.

clav

From last week's brawl, Aviana birthed from Sneed's Old Shredder.

Wanted to record a clip, but I still haven't mastered Windows 10 keyboard shortcut to recording as Windows G takes a while to pop up.

IS7cYxj.jpg

Totakeke

Finally draft a good arena deck, but went 4-3 because of one game the opponent went murloc knight -> murloc knight -> murloc warleader, one game of face hunter quality deck with unleash the hounds and kill commands, one game where the guy went spellslinger -> bane of doom -> mal'ganis.

And my deck had 2x Fire Elementals, 2x Piloted Shredder, 2x Power Mace.

This game sucks. Back to drafting another 3 bad decks to get one good one to lose to more RNG.

Pooya

I'm not sure how they gave the ok to MC as it is now. Sure, you want to make Paladin's secret to see play, that's a good thing to aim for, to make old cards playable, there is really no other way to make them playable than to put all of them into play at once either, that's fine. But this is a 6 drop 6/6, that's ridiculous. Normally when you have a 6 drop that does something significant, it's no longer a 6/6. See Sylvanas or Emperor and those are legendary. We have highmane as a 6 drop class card, which is a 6/5 with a strong deathrattle, Coldarra Drake, is a 6 6/6 but the effect actually cost mana to use and it's not an instant value effect, so it makes sense it's a 6/6. MC has no stat drawback, that's ridiculous, even if your secrets end up not doing much, this thing trades so well. It should definitely be a 5/5. The effect is definitely as strong as Emperor that saves you mana or Sylvanas that can maybe steal something, this one draws up to 5 cards and play them for up to 5 mana value, yeah....

I still don't think the deck is very good but it is annoying when it has now become the new cancer.

AzureSky

Why do I keep running into Mages using Spellslinger?

it's a solid 3/4 creature that gives you a spell. Spells have a lot of synergy with creatures tempo mages usually play, you will usually have a better chance to get value out of the spell then your opponent. It's a really good card.

Dre

After finishing rank 8 last season I am aiming for the rank 5 chest this month and figured why not try Grim Patron?
And damn this deck is strong, I had zero experience with it and had to craft two Frothings, but I completely annihilated my opponents even though I overdrew in two games (destroyed my Thaurissan and my last Patron lol), granted I am still at a very low level, but I am a believer now.

clav

After finishing rank 8 last season I am aiming for the rank 5 chest this month and figured why not try Grim Patron?
And damn this deck is strong, I had zero experience with it and had to craft two Frothings, but I completely annihilated my opponents even though I overdrew in two games (destroyed my Thaurissan and my last Patron lol), granted I am still at a very low level, but I am a believer now.

Does your version run Grom?

I've been wanting to play patron although I will need to craft an armorsmith and frothing berserker.

I wish I could play control warrior, but that class needs a lot of legendary and epic cards.

Hupsel

I sometimes miss silence in my dragon priest deck. Sylvanas can be a pain and screwed me over a couple of times. Ima try mass dispell and see how it goes.

clav

Ok since I'm tired of seeing Paladin, I want to play something else.

This is what a cheap Patron deck looks like?

5zl9PPj.png

Dre

Does your version run Grom?

I've been wanting to play patron although I will need to craft an armorsmith and frothing berserker.

I wish I could play control warrior, but that class needs a lot of legendary and epic cards.

No, I run Lifecoach's version, which looks like this:

2x Inner Rage
2x Execute
1x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Battle Rage
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
1x Unstable Ghoul
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Warsong Commander
2x Death's Bite
1x Gnomish Inventor
2x Grim Patron
1x Emperor Thaurissan

I don't have Grommash either, but I don't think he is absolutely needed. It's always nice to have another win condition, but I think the basic Patron deck is already more than strong enough.

zoukka

In current meta the hybrid hunter is the only deck you should play. Secret paladins get the flare and you have a decent matchup against patron.

Combo druid isn't bad either, but gets kinda rekt by paladins.

clav

No, I run Lifecoach's version, which looks like this:

2x Inner Rage
2x Execute
1x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Battle Rage
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
1x Unstable Ghoul
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Warsong Commander
2x Death's Bite
1x Gnomish Inventor
2x Grim Patron
1x Emperor Thaurissan

I don't have Grommash either, but I don't think he is absolutely needed. It's always nice to have another win condition, but I think the basic Patron deck is already more than strong enough.

Grom has been cut from Patron a long time ago, I havrn't seen amyone run him in weeks (months?).

Ok trying my deck.

Seems like I ran out of card draw against Face Hunter.

zoukka

Seems like I ran out of card draw against Face Hunter.

Against face hunter you need to score good armors from your armorsmiths and spend some of your combo pieces to kill their minions (inner rages and sometimes whirlwind effects if it gets you good value). Armorsmith is definitely the deciding card in the matchup with shield block. Always mulligan for those two cards.

kinger256

As a handlock player, I welcome these new types of control warriors losing tempo and board control by playing a 3 health minion on turn 6. Too easy.

I'm gonna give it a couple week until Justicarr gets dropped from control warrior. I don't see how getting 40+ armour is useful. Something that doesn't affect the board isn't enough to justify the tempo loss for a control deck.

clav

Against face hunter you need to score good armors from your armorsmiths and spend some of your combo pieces to kill their minions (inner rages and sometimes whirlwind effects if it gets you good value). Armorsmith is definitely the deciding card in the matchup with shield block. Always mulligan for those two cards.

Thanks for the tip.

What about mech mage?

zoukka

Thanks for the tip.

What about mech mage?

Same kind of deal. Weapons are important too. It's easier to finish mech mage since they fill the board, but beware of fireball finishers and don't let them fill the board too early. Always be aware of turn 4 Blastmage and don't leave a Cogmaster in play turn 1, he will get followed by annoyatron and you will take a million damage from him.

As a handlock player, I welcome these new types of control warriors losing tempo and board control by playing a 3 health minion on turn 6. Too easy.

I'm gonna give it a couple week until Justicarr gets dropped from control warrior. I don't see how getting 40+ armour is useful. Something that doesn't affect the board isn't enough to justify the tempo loss for a control deck.

Thing is, you don't play Justicar for tempo. You drop it when it's safe and if you honestly think that 40 armor doesn't matter, then I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom