• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Racism or hate on popular streamer (like Tuck Frump)?

just general racist memes directed to no one in particular that are just just vomited on the twitch chat, if you want an example just go on twitch sometimes.
Also i dunno what it is but i always have a horrible start when a new season begins, i just play and lose terribly.

Is it a strategy for people to take the longest amount of time possible just to piss you off? Like turn 1 with no options, they run the clock all the way down. It's definitely working on me.

Owzers

Is it a strategy for people to take the longest amount of time possible just to piss you off? Like turn 1 with no options, they run the clock all the way down. It's definitely working on me.

i presume they are either multitasking while they play or are trying to make me quit.

Duster

Are there any good decks for this week's Brawl? I got a 60 gold quest where I have to win 5 Brawls, can't seem to do it with a regular deck. I tried stuffing a bunch of higher value stuff into a deck but that didn't work either.

I used what I believe is called a token druid with Mukla's champion, flood the board with low value minions and hide them behind a taunt, due to the way the mana ramps up you can then play the champ and inspire on the same turn giving all your minions +1/+1, maybe a savage roar on top of that.
Nearly everything you need is a basic or common card, Imp Master and Violet Teacher makes it a lot easier but they're still only rares. If you happen to have a faceless manipulator, hero power effecting cards, other inspire minions or any of the good druid cards all the better.

On the negative side it's prone to board clears and the mana curve is a little off but I still got my five druid wins pretty quickly with I think just the one loss.

Opiate

Power word glory is notably better than I thought it would be.

Playing an anti aggro priest -- everyone silences the death lord. I then power word: glory it, and suddenly it has to die anyway.

I just had a hunter owl a signle deathlord twice because it was completely demolishing him. I then put up a belcher and he immediately conceded. The mechanic is similar to blessing of wisdom, obviously, but I think it works much better in priest just because priest tends to play more minions that are likely to stick around.

Playing an anti aggro priest -- everyone silences the death lord. I then power word: glory it, and suddenly it has to die anyway.

I just had a hunter owl a signle deathlord twice because it was completely demolishing him. I then put up a belcher and he immediately conceded. The mechanic is similar to blessing of wisdom, obviously, but I think it works much better in priest just because priest tends to play more minions that are likely to stick around.

It is better vs aggro where health matters more. But wisdom is better vs control where card advantage matters more.

I think wisdom would see play if the game slowed down a bit. But then again at that point it might be solemn vigil that sees play.

Santiako

Someone pw gloried my azure drake to stop it from attacking today, it was supremely annoying.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
anyone watching starladder? kolento vs surrender is coming up with noxious casting with another ude, also they showed noxious's real name and wow.

I got Paletress from a pack yesterday, so I decided to try Randuin Wrynn in brawl for a bit. Won 5 games in a row and can't stop laughing. Never gotten so many emotes from people.

Mulgrok

ladder is way more competitive than before the rewards... before hitting 15 it was already net deck after net deck with perfect draws against my crappy decks.

kinger256

Or they just get shield slammed or hit with a weapon from a CW who has a shit load of armour and more to come.

It is one thing to laugh at that as yet another flowchart handlock player, but when you have to tech against all sorts of aggro rubbish, it is going to weaken a deck like this.

CW and Justicar will more than have its day. The more things settle down, the harder it will be to beat.

I don't see how Justicar helps agro. Playing Justicar on turn 6 when you're losing on board against hunter/zoo does nothing it help you. Justicar is more of a late game play and aggro is losing if the game reaches that point.

I'm going to assume you just haven't seen the right version of the deck. Justicar enabled Gorehowl to come back, and you can slug it out way easier with minions when you can count on having a billion armor. The deck has few to no problems controlling the board, and even when you do lose control there's usually a way to swing it back with spells.

I feel like the Justicar style of play beats handlock, because there is literally no pressure to push early damage. There's a brand of control Warrior running Black Knight that absolutely demolishes handlock, but that deck has harder matchups vs. Druid/Paladin, so it's less useful right now.

I haven't seen a gorehowl or BK yet, so I probably haven't against played the version you're talking about.

Poor handlock if BK becomes a thing again. I probably won't play again handlock again if it does. One swing card in BGH is bad but two pretty much means you can't win the game.

ViviOggi

Kolento does the impossible and wins against Patron using Priest!
Dragon Priest is slightly favored imo, as long as you curve out reasonably well so you can keep healing/buffing your taunts Warrior has a horrible time getting through them. And unlike most other Priest decks you actually put out pressure, it's the first tempo-oriented Priest deck since Deathrattle Priest.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I haven't seen a gorehowl or BK yet, so I probably haven't against played the version you're talking about.

Poor handlock if BK becomes a thing again. I probably won't play again handlock again if it does. One swing card in BGH is bad but two pretty much means you can't win the game.
Just for clarity the BK control Warrior deck doesn't run Justicar. I doubt the BK deck will ever become a thing, or if it does it will be a long time off, but its one of the variants with potential.

Predictions for win rate? I am prone to misplays.

2MbAk1L.png

Predictions for win rate? I am prone to misplays.

2MbAk1L.png

11x 2 drops? That is a bit much imo. I think you might run out of steam fast, have a hard time fighting for board, and while murloc knight is nice it isn't a card that contests board very well when you're behind.

I'm not good at predictions but maybe 4 wins. I could be wrong though, I have only done 1-2 arena runs since tgt came out.

edit:
I am seeing now it is only 8x 2 drops, but still that is way more than normally needed I think. 2x truesilvers are great though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
11x 2 drops? That is a bit much imo. I think you might run out of steam fast, have a hard time fighting for board, and while murloc knight is nice it isn't a card that contests board very well when you're behind.

I'm not good at predictions but maybe 4 wins. I could be wrong though, I have only done 1-2 arena runs since tgt came out.

edit:
I am seeing now it is only 8x 2 drops, but still that is way more than normally needed I think. 2x truesilvers are great though.

The problem I see is that North Sea Kraken is your only big drop, so you really have to make your murloc knights count in the late game. Very vunerable to board clears.

It's possible that you just flood the board and your opponents don't have the ability to handle all your murloc knights, though. That would be pretty scary. I'll predict 5 wins?

ViviOggi

Cockhammer, Mustard (both have a 120 tier score on HearthArena for a reason), Truesilvers, Kings, low curve w/ a bunch of premium 2-drops and 3 fucking Murloc Knights? That's almost as cancerous as ladder, only lacks Shitty Minibots.

I wonder how I could build a control paladin dragon deck. I feel like there are too many good cards to include and need to be very selective.

What I really want to do is return to an older style of control running 2x equality and 2x wild pyro, so I am starting from there.

The question remains, is a dragon archetype even worth including in a control paladin deck. Is blackwing corrupter better than kodo, is blackwing tech better than muster, do I include tuskar jouster or healbot or something else... many questions... only one way to find out.

edit:

The 2s are filling in for the 3s to maintain early game. As for value, don't forget the Mustard and Coghammer. Solemn Vigil is there to refill the hand a little, and a Murloc Knight is its own silly value.

It's definitely lower on the curve and has to overwhelm fatties like Boulderfist Ogre. No Consecrate for swarmy stuff either, but I have five weapons that largely allow me to control the minions on the field. My biggest issue is probably going to be getting low on health with all the weapon hits. Gotta pray that Kodorider hits on its Joust, and it probably won't with this lower curve.

The 2s are filling in for the 3s to maintain early game. As for value, don't forget the Mustard and Coghammer. Solemn Vigil is there to refill the hand a little, and a Murloc Knight is its own silly value.

It's definitely lower on the curve and has to overwhelm fatties like Boulderfist Ogre. No Consecrate for swarmy stuff either, but I have five weapons that largely allow me to control the minions on the field. My biggest issue is probably going to be getting low on health with all the weapon hits. Gotta pray that Kodorider hits on its Joust, and it probably won't with this lower curve.

You definitely have several good value cards, but arena isn't always about value, especially if you fall behind on board and your value cards are doing little to help that.

Whenever priest becomes popular on ladder, there is always like a period where the idiots try and play it and are very bad. I've noticed that over the course of this game.

edit:
Also, yay... face hunter meta again.

What else are people going to do? Play the version of Eboladin that was completely dominating and that you couldn't easily tech against?

The only hope is that a streamer makes the deck "better" again so they can change it up.

I'll read your question as: what else can they do? The answer is to play decks that take more skill and forethought and actually outplay an opponent rather than choosing a deck whose entire strategy is to aim at the face.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Turn 4 double tiny knight of evil into turn 5 doomguard is too strong. Particularly when the mage only plays Arcane Intellect and Mana Wyrm on turn 4.

Deck list

I've lost a rank playing this deck, but it's always fun to achieve the dream when playing really dumb gimmick decks.

EDIT: And then another free win. Dealt 8 damage to face, killed a knife juggler and have 7/5 worth of stats on board in the first two turns with coin. Too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom