• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Same kind of deal. Weapons are important too. It's easier to finish mech mage since they fill the board, but beware of fireball finishers and don't let them fill the board too early. Always be aware of turn 4 Blastmage and don't leave a Cogmaster in play turn 1, he will get followed by annoyatron and you will take a million damage from him.

Thing is, you don't play Justicar for tempo. You drop it when it's safe and if you honestly think that 40 armor doesn't matter, then I don't know what to say.

Lost to a shadowform priest. Looked like something Day[9] was running.

I guess Patron Warrior isn't that good.

Ah man. Can't believe I forgot to put the frothing berserker in and missed lethal. Insta-concede.

Lost to a shadowform priest. Looked like something Day[9] was running.

I guess Patron Warrior isn't that good.

Ah man. Can't believe I forgot to put the frothing berserker in and missed lethal. Insta-concede.

Wooooahhh slow down :). It has been a top deck all summer for a reason. It is a very hard deck to play well. Keeping your hand full while clearing the board early, while also setting up the combo is difficult at time. Mulligans matter a great deal and since almost all your cards do things it is hard to know what to discard and when. Also all your cards have synergies that need to be exploited. Death's bite death rattle into card draw into battle rage etc...

clav

Wooooahhh slow down :). It has been a top deck all summer for a reason. It is a very hard deck to play well. Keeping your hand full while clearing the board early, while also setting up the combo is difficult at time. Mulligans matter a great deal and since almost all your cards do things it is hard to know what to discard and when. Also all your cards have synergies that need to be exploited. Death's bite death rattle into card draw into battle rage etc...

I hate that armchair players say Patron Warrior is easy to play, but when I see rope as a player, I've only done 40%-50% I need to do. Those animations take forever.

Through practice, I'll eventually get it. That game I conceded, I got a 6+ card draw for Battle Rage twice.

Only have two wins as Warrior on ladder, so I'm not really familiar with the class outside of arena.

Paladin now seems brain dead as Face Hunter when compared to Warrior.

I want to eventually pick up Rogue as well, but I'm missing the two essential Preparation cards and Blade Flurries.

FeD.nL

I'm not sure how they gave the ok to MC as it is now. Sure, you want to make Paladin's secret to see play, that's a good thing to aim for, to make old cards playable, there is really no other way to make them playable than to put all of them into play at once either, that's fine. But this is a 6 drop 6/6, that's ridiculous. Normally when you have a 6 drop that does something significant, it's no longer a 6/6. See Sylvanas or Emperor and those are legendary. We have highmane as a 6 drop class card, which is a 6/5 with a strong deathrattle, Coldarra Drake, is a 6 6/6 but the effect actually cost mana to use and it's not an instant value effect, so it makes sense it's a 6/6. MC has no stat drawback, that's ridiculous, even if your secrets end up not doing much, this thing trades so well. It should definitely be a 5/5. The effect is definitely as strong as Emperor that saves you mana or Sylvanas that can maybe steal something, this one draws up to 5 cards and play them for up to 5 mana value, yeah....

I still don't think the deck is very good but it is annoying when it has now become the new cancer.

Well most of the paladin secrets were never designed to be played as something that would be triggered only on your opponents turn. So they basically had to release something with broken stats to get those secrets back in to play, because broken cards see play.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I had a super terrible face paladin deck and faced a super spell priest in brawl. I was 22 with 4 weak minions and he had 5 cards left at 10 mana. He conceded after summoning a legendary.

I then won a face match against a mage as a hunter. Lions are the best.

The meta is strange.

I'm gonna give it a couple week until Justicarr gets dropped from control warrior. I don't see how getting 40+ armour is useful. Something that doesn't affect the board isn't enough to justify the tempo loss for a control deck.

But I bet you drop Jaraxxus on turn 9 happily.

A 6/3 is fine for turn 6. It'll probably die straight away, but so does everything else you'll play at that point.

kinger256

Thing is, you don't play Justicar for tempo. You drop it when it's safe and if you honestly think that 40 armor doesn't matter, then I don't know what to say.

Having lots of armour matters but the benefits 40 armour gives you over 20 armour is minimal. Combo decks such as Freeze Mage and Patron Warrior already had a hard time dealing with mass armour warrior had before justicar. I can only see the mass armour helping in fatigue scenarios but most of those games are won by board state. Armour doesn't help the situation when you're losing on the board.

kinger256

But I bet you drop Jaraxxus on turn 9 happily.

A 6/3 is fine for turn 6. It'll probably die straight away, but so does everything else you'll play at that point.

Except for Priest every other class can deal 3 damage very efficiently both value and tempo wise with weapons and spells . When you hit 5 heath, which now most 6 drops that are played have, everything changes because you most likely need damage from two sources.

Rosenskjold

The murloc dream lives :D !

Sadness as he kills the dream
G1DCOCEh.jpg

But we just play more shit
6CC8mTLh.jpg

Js91Y32h.jpg

Justicar for CW seems to me like a niche tournament-only inclusion for winning the mirror or guaranteeing a victory against the likes of Freeze Mage. On ladder Shieldmaiden will get you more bang for your buck on T6 against the face rushing Hunters, Zoolocks, Paladins and Tempo decks.

FeD.nL

Twin Mech is pretty fun. Probably gonna fit in Gazlowe as well, but the first few games have been very fun to play.

This is the list i'm currently running:

T7QlNhC.jpg

Except for Priest every other class can deal 3 damage very efficiently both value and tempo wise with weapons and spells . When you hit 5 heath, which now most 6 drops that are played have, everything changes because you most likely need damage from two sources.

Or they just get shield slammed or hit with a weapon from a CW who has a shit load of armour and more to come.

It is one thing to laugh at that as yet another flowchart handlock player, but when you have to tech against all sorts of aggro rubbish, it is going to weaken a deck like this.

CW and Justicar will more than have its day. The more things settle down, the harder it will be to beat.

zoukka

Justicar for CW seems to me like a niche tournament-only inclusion for winning the mirror or guaranteeing a victory against the likes of Freeze Mage. On ladder Shieldmaiden will get you more bang for your buck on T6 against the face rushing Hunters, Zoolocks, Paladins and Tempo decks.

Of course in any aggressive meta cards like Justicar and even Sylvanas can become detriments more than assets. That's true to all cards though and Justicar is a bomb in control mirrors or any kind. They will go to fatigue most of the time. Justicar isn't a must include by any chance.

I'm trying to do some of these heroic fights in the adventures and they seem borderline impossible without a lot of fucking luck.

Do you get any cards from these?

Only a cardback if you win them all.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Having lots of armour matters but the benefits 40 armour gives you over 20 armour is minimal. Combo decks such as Freeze Mage and Patron Warrior already had a hard time dealing with mass armour warrior had before justicar. I can only see the mass armour helping in fatigue scenarios but most of those games are won by board state. Armour doesn't help the situation when you're losing on the board.
I'm going to assume you just haven't seen the right version of the deck. Justicar enabled Gorehowl to come back, and you can slug it out way easier with minions when you can count on having a billion armor. The deck has few to no problems controlling the board, and even when you do lose control there's usually a way to swing it back with spells.
As a handlock player, I welcome these new types of control warriors losing tempo and board control by playing a 3 health minion on turn 6. Too easy.

I'm gonna give it a couple week until Justicarr gets dropped from control warrior. I don't see how getting 40+ armour is useful. Something that doesn't affect the board isn't enough to justify the tempo loss for a control deck.
I feel like the Justicar style of play beats handlock, because there is literally no pressure to push early damage. There's a brand of control Warrior running Black Knight that absolutely demolishes handlock, but that deck has harder matchups vs. Druid/Paladin, so it's less useful right now.

Leezard

Just had the easiest win against a Paladin:

My turn 3 - Counterspell
Their turn 3 - Muster for Battle, Concede

I had something similar against a Tempo Mage.

Their turn 3 - Mirror Image
My turn 4 - Darnassus Aspirant + Wrath

There was no contest afterwards.

Rosenskjold

Man lightbomb is such a good anti-aggro card :/ Have a dream turn with murlocs he plays lightbomb, play out another great board and get murloc knight from murloc knight and he lightbombs and they're all buffed so they have attack same as hp.. :/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Justicar doesn't help much against aggro for CW but it absolutely helps against midrange and control.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What levels are you playing at? Not that I'm doubting you. I really have not dug in on the ladder play yet this month. Just curious.
Rank 17. It's about where I got dumped after being Rank 5 last month. I usually try to avoid starting immediately after a reset since then you're just facing the Rank 5 people again.

Duster

This style of play annoys me. If they don't get their perfect scripted opening, they concede. Why not give it a go, see what happens?

Depends on the circumstance.

At the moment I'm playing my novelty Mage* decks at the lower ranks of the ladder and if I get off to a bad start there's little point continuing, even with a good start there's little chance of beating the likes of wallet warriors or the druid deck with all the big taunts.

*One revolving around enrage minions and the other charge cards, they topped out at rank 15 at the end of the last season so aren't really suitable against the people bumped down from the higher ranks. I always find it amusing when my opponent clearly can't work out what the hell I'm doing.

I've been steadily climbing ranks with Dragon Priest. It's the most straightforward Priest deck I've ever played and it can just outmuscle a hell of s lot of decks with the right draws.

I straight up smashed in a few midrange Hunters in a way I didn't expect. Last game I had a hunter at 10 hp on turn 6 and he was in a position where casting something like Highmane would straight up lose the game to my face damage. Felt awesome to do that to Hunter. He had to face tank a bunch of damage with his weapon to get rid of my taunts.

That said, Freezing Trap is still bullshit and is the only card that can lose you the game- if you don't get a cheap creature to trigger it and save one of your fatter or buffed up creatures.

I had the worst luck I've ever had with my Totem Shaman deck, I think I lost like 10 times in a row, I still don't know what the hell was going on when I win most of my games.

And yeah fuck Secret Pallys.

Phawx

Thanks for the help! Ive been experiencing with some of the stuff and the results have been good so far! Mind Control really helps and Justicar is solid to help with the heals. How do you manage the early game against aggro, tough? Here is my deck inspired by yours. I still have Paletress here because, well, I just love the card but I can see it being removed. Any suggestions?

dragonpriest2.png

Mulligan like crazy. Cards that I must have in my starting hand to either force my opponents to act or to get some board presence.

Northshire Cleric, Twilight Whelp, Wyrmrest Agent, Blackwing Technician, Twilight Guardian.

Basically I mulligan until I get some semblance of those cards in my hand. Try not to sweat not having a dragon in your starting hand as you'll most likely pull it.

Otherwise I think you have a good deck with some nice AoE. I am looking to add a Lightbomb to my hand as sometimes to combat against Mystery Paladin and Warrior Varian.

So I just played against a face hunter running Justicar...

It was not very good.

Healing wave for 14 against Face Hunter is just sooo good.

I had the worst luck I've ever had with my Totem Shaman deck, I think I lost like 10 times in a row, I still don't know what the hell was going on when I win most of my games.

And yeah fuck Secret Pallys.

I'm also rocking a Totem Shaman and Secret Paladin is a very easy match up. It's easy to play around the secrets, go face with something like a Haunted Creeper to kill the 2/1, then kill the 2/1 again and after the Mysterious Challenger gets +3/+2 and you just hex it.

By the time he plays the second he usually has no secrets left in the deck or very few. Just keep track of what has already been played.

Rank 17. It's about where I got dumped after being Rank 5 last month. I usually try to avoid starting immediately after a reset since then you're just facing the Rank 5 people again.

This is so true right now. I got down to rank 12 pretty quickly, but now I'm getting absolutely creamed and have shit myself back up to rank 14. I think i'm going to stop playing for a while because no adjustment or deck I make seems to work.

Haunted

This style of play annoys me. If they don't get their perfect scripted opening, they concede. Why not give it a go, see what happens?
100% agreed. A very annoying kind of attitude.

I assume it's ADHD people grinding the ladder and wanting to spend as little time as possible doing so.

edit: actually, I dislike it when people concede, period. Just play the damn game.

FeD.nL

Guess it was one of those games but just played a secret pally. Dealt with the first MC and the secrets involved, he then plays a Murloc Knight that spawns another one. Ah well meant to lose that game I guess.

Haunted

I was really hyped for Mysterious Challenger and was hoping that Paladin secrets would become viable with TGT. But now that it actually is, and there are optimised decklists out there and everyone and their mother are playing it and so many people are already complaining about it, I don't even really feel like playing it anymore.

I guess I'm somewhat of a Hearthstone hipster in that sense. >_>

Loomba

Lightning storm is one AMAZING looking golden card I mean damn.

I dont know how to link webm so I can't post it :(

I just had a Flametongue totem on the left and put down a Tuskarr and it put one on the right. Guy instant conceeded lol

clav

100% agreed. A very annoying kind of attitude.

I assume it's ADHD people grinding the ladder and wanting to spend as little time as possible doing so.

edit: actually, I dislike it when people concede, period. Just play the damn game.

Some matchups are bad like Patron Warrior vs. Dragon Priest or Midrange Paladin vs. Oil Rogue.

Makes sense to concede because those matches end up onesided.

giapel

Some matchups are bad like Patron Warrior vs. Dragon Priest or Midrange Paladin vs. Oil Rogue.

Makes sense to concede because those matches end up onesided.

Don't get me wrong, if the game snowballs then conceding is fine as the game is not interesting anymore.
But a turn 3 concede? I don't like it.

Danj

Are there any good decks for this week's Brawl? I got a 60 gold quest where I have to win 5 Brawls, can't seem to do it with a regular deck. I tried stuffing a bunch of higher value stuff into a deck but that didn't work either.

Are there any good decks for this week's Brawl? I got a 60 gold quest where I have to win 5 Brawls, can't seem to do it with a regular deck. I tried stuffing a bunch of higher value stuff into a deck but that didn't work either.

try freeze mage or miracle rogue

even if you don't have a "perfect deck list" just make adjustments and just add in whats reasonable

Santiako

I just made a Priest deck with expensive (mana wise) cards and cheap heals and taunts, worked fine to get me my 5 wins.

You can also just make a Hybrid Hunter and wreck face.

Totakeke

I made this warlock token deck just for brawl to curve better and it has worked pretty well for me.

8vkOD7P.png

Void Crusher is questionable but it's fun!

Friendly reminder to always count your damage on hand that will actually kill your opponent rather than trading. Had a hunter not kill me who had at least an extra 5 damage in hand and still traded. I felt bad but I will take any arena wins right now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Amaz's arena luck is nothing short of INSANE.

Yeah he also plays pretty well and gives pointers, which i should remind the next time i play arena. Also watching amaz stream has made me realize how racist twitch chat has become, racism showed up sometimes but now it's everywhere in full force
DansGame.png

JesseZao

Yeah he also plays pretty well and gives pointers, which i should remind the next time i play arena. Also watching amaz stream has made me realize how racist twitch chat has become, racism showed up sometimes but now it's everywhere in full force
DansGame.png

Racism or hate on popular streamer (like Tuck Frump)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom