• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joco

Damn, I don't think I'll ever get 12 wins in arena. Just had my personal best with a Paladin at 9, was 4-2 but went on to win 5 straight. I didn't really expect to get to 12 anyway but that last loss still felt pretty disappointing.

Better luck next time I suppose.

clav

Damn, I don't think I'll ever get 12 wins in arena. Just had my personal best with a Paladin at 9, was 4-2 but went on to win 5 straight. I didn't really expect to get to 12 anyway but that last loss still felt pretty disappointing.

Better luck next time I suppose.

Went 10-3 with Paladin today and 6-3 with Mage.

So close to 12.

Losses were just some OP decks.

Pooya

I had my quests piled up for the past few days (over 3), couldn't play much. Now finished one without rolling but no new quest showed up. do I have to wait or something or is it just not happening?

Well, just made two big misplays in a row and it caused me to go 6-3 in arena. It likely didn't matter because he had three Fire Elementals and a North Sea Kraken. Oh well, I usually win 4 or 5 times, so I did better than usual.

I had my quests piled up for the past few days (over 3), couldn't play much. Now finished one without rolling but no new quest showed up. do I have to wait or something or is it just not happening?

They'll all pop up when the new quests populate. Be sure not to reroll the new quests if you have a backlog of more than three days, reasonably sure that resets the quests and you'll only get one a day.

Having fun with this deck I threw together and decent success as well. Any tips/suggestions on how to improve it?

ExG4a79.png

I just played against a Control Warrior where Varian cost him the game.

He had just brawled me after first executing my Sylvanas and giving me no minions. Haunted Creeper ftw. So I had those 2 tokens, he killed the surviving buffed totem with shield slam. So I play Fire Elemental and hero power on my turn. He's at 20 life, no armor left and decides it's a good idea to play Varian. Pulled Justicar and Acolyte of Pain. He must have thought he had me. Then out of nowhere comes out the Bloodlust I'd been holding in my hand for half the game for surprise exact lethal. I would have loved to see his face.

Bloodlust has won me far too many games in Totem Shaman. It's hard to see it coming.

Having fun with this deck I threw together and decent success as well. Any tips/suggestions on how to improve it?

Drop all the TGT cards.

He had just brawled me after first executing my Sylvanas and giving me no minions. Haunted Creeper ftw. So I had those 2 tokens, he killed the surviving buffed totem with shield slam. So I play Fire Elemental and hero power on my turn. He's at 20 life, no armor left and decides it's a good idea to play Varian.

What else gave you the 20 damage though?

I agree bloodlust is much underrated. People still don't pick it, even in arena, because a streamer said two years ago it is a "win more card", forgetting of course that winning is a good thing to do.

Maximo

Ahahahahaha Kripp just got fucking Rekt by Enter The Coliseum in Arena, floods his board with 7 minions, ignores Stormwind, loses then the guy top decks a Senjin.

Dre

Speaking of Kripp. All it took for Blizzard to fix the Nozdormu bug with Youthful Brewmaster and the jousting animation was a popular streamer exploiting it on stream. ^^

clav

I get the feeling if I do get 12, it will be with Paladin. Class is absolutely insanely good in Arena right now.

A good arena run seems to rely on the Murloc Knight.

Played another Paladin deck that only went 3-3. Really crappy cards.

Mulgrok

My ghetto patron warrior did over 30 damge on turn 8 with no board using 1 raging worgen, 1 frothing berserker, warsong commander, cruel taskmaster, inner rage, unstable ghoul... thank goodness for that 1 tick from emperor balanced to make it happen.

Joco

A good arena run seems to rely on the Murloc Knight.

Played another Paladin deck that only went 3-3. Really crappy cards.

True. My 9-3 didn't actually have one, a Mukla's champion and two Kvaldir Raiders carried me to most of my wins. If you have the right synergy the inspire effects can quickly overwhelm. More so with Murloc Knight than others though obviously.

NBtoaster

Just had my second 12 win arena ever, as Paladin. No Murloc Knight or Consecrate, but 3 Piloted Shredders. Got Gallywix from the pack too.

Dunlop

I've been playing daily for the last couple weeks, I don't really plan on spending money after I picked up and beat 99% of Naxx using the same deck (was expecting more).

Any recommendations on which packs I should pick up for the best "bang for your buck" with my daily quest coins?

Minsc

Gold Member
I've been playing daily for the last couple weeks, I don't really plan on spending money after I picked up and beat 99% of Naxx using the same deck (was expecting more).

Any recommendations on which packs I should pick up for the best "bang for your buck" with my daily quest coins?

The ones you win from 7+ win Arena runs.

If you want to waste gold on packs directly, all the sets are worthwhile until you start getting packs worth 30+ dust in dupes frequently (people say classic is best to start on, but you do get a free classic pack a week from the brawl, and you get classic from the spectate quest, so in the long run you're going to be opening a bit of free classic packs - so maybe going all in on classic packs early on isn't the best idea?). Then get whatever set offers you the best chance of not getting dupes (track your cards in a spreadsheet).

Dunlop

The ones you win from 7+ win Arena runs.

If you want to waste gold on packs directly, all the sets are worthwhile until you start getting packs worth 30+ dust in dupes frequently (people say classic is best to start on, but you do get a free classic pack a week from the brawl, and you get classic from the spectate quest, so in the long run you're going to be opening a bit of free classic packs - so maybe going all in on classic packs early on isn't the best idea?). Then get whatever set offers you the best chance of not getting dupes (track your cards in a spreadsheet).

thanks,

Haven't really touched Arena as I assumed I would get my ass whipped by people who have been playing this since launch

Time to watch some youtube videos...

FeD.nL

Was testing out a Mistcaller deck and why the fuck does Blizzard fuck up the wording on a card (again). Priest played a deathlord, I kill it but the belcher I pulled was just a 3/5. 2 legendaries this set where the wording isn't correct. I mean Varian has draw 3 cards but should be reveal 3 cards since it does not proc of off Chromaggus and Mistcaller should be give all minions in your hand and minions you draw +1/+1.

Neoweee

Got a feeling Paladin has finally got the leg up on Mage to be #1 in Arena right now.

I think Mages will return to normal once the temporary increase in how often TGT cards show up is removed. Inspire Paladin is currently the thing, which will lose a lot of its luster when Murloc Knight becomes rarer.

And on the flipside, the increase in apperance rate of TGT cards further dilutes Flamestrike, which is Mage's key common counter against the leading Paladin archetype.

thanks,

Haven't really touched Arena as I assumed I would get my ass whipped by people who have been playing this since launch

Arena is the only think you should spend Gold on. It might suck when you're new and get 1~2 wins, but even then that is only like ~15-20 extra gold per pack, and you get a bunch of games out of it and learning.

Videos are good. Pick lists are good for starters:

http://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Arena is the only think you should spend Gold on. It might suck when you're new and get 1~2 wins, but even then that is only like ~15-20 extra gold per pack, and you get a bunch of games out of it and learning.

Videos are good. Pick lists are good for starters:

http://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

Starting arena when you are brand new is torture and counter productive. You need to maximize your rewards, especially when you are new and don't have any cards. Playing constructed gives you experience for arena too.

I generally recommend arena only whenever people start breaking through to Rank 15 in Constructed. That gives you enough experience to start consistently getting at least 3 wins in arena.

Ultrabum

This game is so dumb now. Playing vs. a paladin, he has 0 cards. Turn 6, top deck mysterious challenger. I deal with the secrets, BHG the avenged MC. Turn 7, top deck mysterious challenger. So fucking dumb.

Hupsel

This game is so dumb now. Playing vs. a paladin, he has 0 cards. Turn 6, top deck mysterious challenger. I deal with the secrets, BHG the avenged MC. Turn 7, top deck mysterious challenger. So fucking dumb.

Don't forget Unbalanced Favor when he gets 5 cards on turn 7 using only 3 mana and throw even more secrets

JesseZao

Was testing out a Mistcaller deck and why the fuck does Blizzard fuck up the wording on a card (again). Priest played a deathlord, I kill it but the belcher I pulled was just a 3/5. 2 legendaries this set where the wording isn't correct. I mean Varian has draw 3 cards but should be reveal 3 cards since it does not proc of off Chromaggus and Mistcaller should be give all minions in your hand and minions you draw +1/+1.

These inconsistencies are only going to get worse as we go along as well. Hopefully they've hired on more people to help clean up existing code.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The second Mysteriosus Challenger never feels very dangerous, and usually has almost no secrets to drop. If I go up against a Paladin I almost always hope that it's based around secrets, because that's the matchup I find easiest.

Ultrabum

The second Mysteriosus Challenger never feels very dangerous, and usually has almost no secrets to drop. If I go up against a Paladin I almost always hope that it's based around secrets, because that's the matchup I find easiest.

The first MC pulled 5 secrets, the second one pulled 4.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The first MC pulled 5 secrets, the second one pulled 4.
That would mean he wasn't really playing secrets beforehand, which usually means a weaker early curve. Pretty rare. Paladin secrets are so weak that it's hard to really feel like they're unfair.

Ultrabum

That would mean he wasn't really playing secrets beforehand, which usually means a weaker early curve. Pretty rare. Paladin secrets are so weak that it's hard to really feel like they're unfair.

He played secretkeeper which I killed intantly, then 2X muster, 2X minibot.

Ladekabel

My turn 3: Deathlord
Eboladins turn 4: Playing some things
My turn 4: Velen's Chosen on Deathlord
Eboladin concedes

Feels good, man.

Ultrabum

Imagine if he was a midrange paladin. He could actually keep going.

Are you trying to say, that turn 6 turn 7 mysterious challenger that pull a combined 9 secretes is worse than a turn 6 and 7 midrange paladin curve? You are crazy. What are you trying to say, I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom