• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are you trying to say, that turn 6 turn 7 mysterious challenger that pull a combined 9 secretes is worse than a turn 6 and 7 midrange paladin curve? You are crazy. What are you trying to say, I don't understand.
Yes? I mean everything in his deck just came out at like turn seven, and the removal isn't that hard/complicated for many classes.

Ultrabum

Yes? I mean everything in his deck just came out at like turn seven, and the removal isn't that hard/complicated for many classes.

I think you are wrong. also, there was no need for him to keep going because I died turn 8 to a 6/6 and avenged mysterious challenger.

So the fact that he had no cards doesn't really matter rofl.

Edit: I'm really curious how classes deal with 9 secrets over 2 turns and 2 6/6's plus some tokens with no board. You get 13 mana over 2 turns.

Leezard

I think you are wrong. also, there was no need for him to keep going because I died turn 8 to a 6/6 and avenged mysterious challenger.

So the fact that he had no cards doesn't really matter rofl.

Edit: I'm really curious how classes deal with 9 secrets over 2 turns and 2 6/6's plus some tokens with no board. You get 13 mana over 2 turns.

Just attack once with something, let the Noble Sacrifice be revived and something get buffed. If it's only the MC, use one removal (like BGH, SW:D, shieldslam or whatever) on the MC.

All the secrets are removed with one or two moves from yourself.

Ultrabum

Just attack once with something, let the Noble Sacrifice be revived and something get buffed. If it's only the MC, use one removal (like BGH, SW:D, shieldslam or whatever) on the MC.

All the secrets are removed with one or two moves from yourself.

I just said he had tokens (which got both avenge buffs btw)rofl, also I didn't have high and most classes don't run bgh.
Also, you got rid of 3 secrets, what about the other 6?

Leezard

I just said he had tokens (which got both avenge buffs btw)rofl, also I didn't have high and most classes don't run bgh.
Also, you got rid of 3 secrets, what about the other 6?

So, try to keep his board clean from tokens, competitive spirit is not a big deal if he doesn't have a lot of tokens anyway. They run at most 6 different secrets and the other ones are not a big deal.

I just haven't had difficulties with secret paladin. Then again I've played mostly Druid and Priest against it.

Ultrabum

So, try to keep his board clean from tokens, competitive spirit is not a big deal if he doesn't have a lot of tokens anyway. They run at most 6 different secrets and the other ones are not a big deal.

I just haven't had difficulties with secret paladin.

I found it pretty difficult to remove 2x muster 2x minibot.

What deck are you playing? Sounds like it's pretty good vs secret paladin.

clav

Rogue is pretty good in Arena.

Beat a Paladin who had murloc knight and muster for battle with seal of champions

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
00VJ4n2.jpg

Been running this craziness. Love it. You have so much damage burst and a lot of ways to clear the board.

is it just me, or is the druid card that can be a charge or a taunt kinda bad now

at least, the taunt part of it is pretty bad

and you can kinda replace the charge part with armored warhorse, if you really needed it

clav

Sometimes this game.

My arena deck has a whole bunch of 2s.

In fact more than 1/3 of the deck is 2s and 2/3 the deck is 2s and 3s in a combined total.

Mulligan and I still get 6/7 draws even though there are only a few in the deck.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
is it just me, or is the druid card that can be a charge or a taunt kinda bad now

at least, the taunt part of it is pretty bad

and you can kinda replace the charge part with armored warhorse, if you really needed it

The reason the card is powerful and will still be run is the word "or. You put armored warhorse in your deck and if you need a taunt minion you won't have it in your hand.

Duster

Oh dear I seem to have upset somebody.

I mentioned yesterday that I was messing about with the new TGT cards in a novelty mage deck based around hitting my own minions for enrage or more patrons.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177559847&postcount=12643

Then I see the thread below on Hearthpwn.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hea...is-p2w-game-is-clearly-made-for-whos-paying-a

I'm pretty sure it's me as I remember feeling bad about playing against a Paladin that put a silver hand recruit out against my two Patrons. Plus it's not like it's a tactic other people are likely to use often as it's not very effective. The worst thing is I was messing about in ranked rather than casual partially because I thought it might give new players a chance at the start of the season.

Has anybody else come across random opponents online or anything similar? Maybe you featured in a notable youtube video or against a famous streamer?

FeD.nL

These inconsistencies are only going to get worse as we go along as well. Hopefully they've hired on more people to help clean up existing code.

Yeah hopefully. It's good that they design these fun cards but at least let them function the way the card suggests.

squidyj

Drafted what I think is a fairly disgusting aggro pally.

2 abusives, an argent squire, an infiltrator and a clockwork (y u no leper?)
2 protectors 3 minibots
coghammer, divine favor, muster, seal of champions, warhorse
kings, yeti
bomb lobber, 2 mukla's

I feel like the mukla's champions were a mistake though. Could have had another abusive and a wolf-rider instead.

Edit: forgot to mention my chow and lowly squire, which can actually grow relatively large with all the other stuff I'm able to put on the board.

Minsc

Gold Member
I found it pretty difficult to remove 2x muster 2x minibot.

What deck are you playing? Sounds like it's pretty good vs secret paladin.

Yeah, it's not too easy without lots of AoE, I've started using 2x the 1/3 ghoul that does 1 on death. Priest has it a little better with 2x Pyro and lots of activators for it.

What usually kills me is not the perfect curve minibot > muster > muster > challenger > challenger, but the Dr Boom that comes next along with the truesilver to the face 2x (sometimes they even throw a Tirion out there too).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Oh dear I seem to have upset somebody.

I mentioned yesterday that I was messing about with the new TGT cards in a novelty mage deck based around hitting my own minions for enrage or more patrons.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177559847&postcount=12643

Then I see the thread below on Hearthpwn.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hea...is-p2w-game-is-clearly-made-for-whos-paying-a

I'm pretty sure it's me as I remember feeling bad about playing against a Paladin that put a silver hand recruit out against my two Patrons. Plus it's not like it's a tactic other people are likely to use often as it's not very effective. The worst thing is I was messing about in ranked rather than casual partially because I thought it might give new players a chance at the start of the season.

Has anybody else come across random opponents online or anything similar? Maybe you featured in a notable youtube video or against a famous streamer?

I kinda feel bad for that dude because i remember feeling the same way when i got matched with guys with legendaries when i was at rank 20, but i dunno what you can do about it you just gotta play the game and try not to be dick, tough sometimes i fail to do that when i get pissed
laugh.gif

JesseZao

I made a fatty Astral Communion deck and was getting at least 50% hunter/mages playing bloodfen raptors/ironfur grizzly/razorfen hunter/novice engineer...

I felt bad, but my greedy deck often gave them a chance for board control and so they at least had some fun before I dropped bombs.

IceMarker

Damn that was a fine stream, thanks to anybody from GAF who watched, I'll be streaming again tomorrow morning!
You know who you are.

That deck is probably good but it's kinda slow, also i think that it has too many inspire effect, like healadin too much of a good thing can be underwhelming sometimes. Still pretty interesting concept.
It seems to be working out okay so far, then again I'm currently climbing up from the bottom of ladder, but it's a streaking deck to say the least at the moment. :)

Current Deck

Last Call NA just started commentated by Frodan and Kibler.

Play Hearthstone

We also have a Neogaf Hearthstone twitch chat, so if you want to join that just post your twitch name here.
IceMarker, just in case I cruise by.

Running a handlock double effigy deck. It's sweet seeing a molten giant get bgh into a tirion or another molten which I sunfury protector the next turn. We'll see how long the streak of wins last.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Did he already qualify somehow? I thought you needed to be top 23 or something. These rules confuse me :p
I have no idea, but if he's not a participant my first thought would be that he qualified already.

Finalow

a thing about arena, no idea if it's common knowledge or not. when you play with your free ticket I'm assuming that you get matched with people that also use a free ticket. or just suck in general.

I remember going 8 - 3 when I almost knew nothing about the game (I did have 3 flamestrikes but still), also I saw a lot of people (not new to the game) going 10+ wins when using the free arena tickets on new accounts without much effort.

Hupsel

Kripp was complaining that Patron needs to be changed asap and ladder/legend is nothing but patron and warriors. Yeah, patron sucks. And the problem is you know exactly the cards they use but cant do much, since they use a shit load of armor :(

tylerf

a thing about arena, no idea if it's common knowledge or not. when you play with your free ticket I'm assuming that you get matched with people that also use a free ticket. or just suck in general.

I remember going 8 - 3 when I almost knew nothing about the game (I did have 3 flamestrikes but still), also I saw a lot of people (not new to the game) going 10+ wins when using the free arena tickets on new accounts without much effort.

I feel like they definitely have some kind of rating system to match novice players against each other beyond just the free run. I spectated a number of matches of a friend who is just a bad player and the players he faces even at like 3-0 are quite obviously either very new or just very bad. I'm only about a 5 win average arena player but I never see anything like the stuff he sees. Turn 3 frostbolt to the face on an empty board kind of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom