• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO Adwcta and Kripp doing Warrior Arenas right now, previous two Adwcta Warrior runs went 1 win and 2 wins. This new deck is looking really garbage right about now as well.

Combined Kripp and Adwcta Arena genius not enough to carry Warrior in Arena.

And that is with Kripp hating a lot of Adwcta's picks and fighting them, hah.

Crafted Justicar and used it in this week's brawl as a warrior

Paladin had me down to 3 health when I upgraded my hero power and completely ran out of steam as I built up to 15 armor over the rest of the match lol

It's worth noting that the Secret Paladin that is at the top this week is a more Midrange variant. It uses a more reasonable number of secrets and no 1 drops.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/midrange-secret-paladin-snapshot

LMAO @ Totem Shaman though... same tier as Lock no Load Hunter and Malygos Shaman.

Its not because the midrange deck is better. It is because this time they decided to list the midrange version and last time they decided to list the zoo-ish version.

I did not think I would be able to get to rank 15 near the start of the season. This is my current deck. It is currently 11-4, surprisingly.

fcTrxVp.png

I had to craft the Muster for Battle and the two Murloc Knights. I didn't want to spend any more dust, as I don't have a lot. I am not sure I want to keep the Scarlet Purifier. It has been useful with its effect 1 game so far, and it is easy to kill. Any suggestions? I likely don't have the most optimal replacement.

clav

I did not think I would be able to get to rank 15 near the start of the season. This is my current deck. It is currently 11-4, surprisingly.

I had to craft the Muster for Battle and the two Murloc Knights. I didn't want to spend any more dust, as I don't have a lot. I am not sure I want to keep the Scarlet Purifier. It has been useful with its effect 1 game so far, and it is easy to kill. Any suggestions? I likely don't have the most optimal replacement.

Knife Juggler

Your deck sucks against aggro decks since you don't really have a turn 1 or turn 5 play to slow things down.

Thinking about it again, I suppose Scarlet Purifier is a tempo play, and you could keep it for Leper Gnomes and Haunted Creepers. However, that would backfire against a Zoo Warlock deck or someone who plays Nerubian Egg.

clav

I prefer Arena, and it has given me GvG the last 5 or so times. I also need to eventually save up for Naxxramas.

Mm. I guess you can craft it if you don't see yourself ever buying booster packs.

Some people here have played since the beginning, so they have amassed a large collection.

Mm. I guess you can craft it if you don't see yourself ever buying booster packs.

Some people here have played since the beginning, so they have amassed a large collection.

If I ever spend money on the game, it will be for the adventures. At least Knife Juggler is a good card in multiple decks, and 40 dust isn't a ton.

If I ever spend money on the game, it will be for the adventures. At least Knife Juggler is a good card in multiple decks, and 40 dust isn't a ton.
Knife Juggler's a rare, don't know if that makes you want to craft it more or less

It's an extremely strong card, though. And if you craft 2x Juggler and another Muster that's a really strong core for both aggro and mid-range Paladin lists.

If you get an amazon discount code for 25% off a 40 pack I am pretty sure that is well worth it too. The only shame is that it is classic packs only.

One thing people sometimes don't consider about the value of adventures is that if you don't use those cards you can't dust them. So buying packs that get you cards that you can use to craft a deck might offset the difference a bit between buying packs and adventures. But it really depends on what deck(s) you want to build.

If you get an amazon discount code for 25% off a 40 pack I am pretty sure that is well worth it too. The only shame is that it is classic packs only.

Amazon coins generally sell for less than what they're worth as well. Last time I bought $50 worth of coins, Amazon was only charging $40 for them. Plus, they had a bonus of 500 coins back when you purchased TGT packs of 15 or 40. On top of that, I had a Team Archon code for 50% off, but that doesn't show up anywhere on your account. So I spoke to Amazon customer service through chat to make sure I was getting the discount, and the guy added $25 in digital currency to my account (roughly the value of the discount) since he couldn't tell if it was applied either. But it was, so I bought $50 in coins for $40, $25 of which was paid for in Amazon credit that they gave me because that code is weird and then got 50% back in coins after I bought the 40 Classic Packs. I then got 500 coins back for the purchase, so I used my remaining balance to buy a 15 pack of TGT cards, which also came with a 500 coin rebate, so I bought another 7 pack of TGT cards. In total, I got 62 packs (40 Classic and 22 TGT) for $15 out of pocket and I still have about 200 coins left over.

funkypie

Banned
As someone who hasn't played in 6 months, should I be buying old packs or the new packs with gold? I don't plan on spending real money on this game.

Danj

So I want to try and start using some of the TGT cards I have now. I cobbled this together by adapting a netdeck to what I have, but there seems to be some issues with it, can anyone suggest if there's a way to improve it?

I don't have any legendaries other than Naxx, BRM and Dr. Boom.

Strider

I find Secret Pally to be incredibly overrated. No matter what deck I'm playing I haven't had troubles beating it...

Patron hands down the best deck still.

Heropon

Finally crafted Antonidas after dusting all the duplicate legendaries and buccaneers. Time to receive 400 dust in next week's brawl.

ViviOggi

So I want to try and start using some of the TGT cards I have now. I cobbled this together by adapting a netdeck to what I have, but there seems to be some issues with it, can anyone suggest if there's a way to improve it?

I don't have any legendaries other than Naxx, BRM and Dr. Boom.
The general issue is "value inspire" being garbage in actual play. You get overrun by tokens, beefy/sticky 2-4-drops or ping face turn after turn to get your cute bonuses while Patron is having a ball drawing their entire deck.

As for the deck, you have 3 subpar 1-drops and then no minions until turn 5 exceptfor 1x Fallen Hero and 1x MotL. How do you stay in the game? Arcane Explosion clears like a Muster, okay, then they just Kings the leftover Minibot or Squire. And then how do you end a game? You have an Emperor but no worthwhile combos. Most >5cc-drops have low stats by themselves and only give you delayed value (Azure, Kvaldir) or heal (Healbot, the random Ice Barrier), but they don't influence the board nearly enough while a flood of garbage grinds you down to single digit health by turn 6. Mukla has like no targets. You're lacking tempo badly even by TGT arena standards.

Danj

The general issue is "value inspire" being garbage in actual play. You get overrun by tokens, beefy/sticky 2-4-drops or ping face turn after turn to get your cute bonuses while Patron is having a ball drawing their entire deck.

As for the deck, you have 3 subpar 1-drops and then no minions until turn 5 exceptfor 1x Fallen Hero and 1x MotL. How do you stay in the game? Arcane Explosion clears like a Muster, okay, then they just Kings the leftover Minibot or Squire. And then how do you end a game? You have an Emperor but no worthwhile combos. Most >5cc-drops have low stats by themselves and only give you delayed value (Azure, Kvaldir) or heal (Healbot, the random Ice Barrier), but they don't influence the board nearly enough while a flood of garbage grinds you down to single digit health by turn 6. Mukla has like no targets. You're lacking tempo badly even by TGT arena standards.

OK, I deleted it.

What about my other mage deck that (I think it was you?) gave me some advice on before, is there any useful way to put TGT cards in that?

ViviOggi

OK, I deleted it.

What about my other mage deck that (I think it was you?) gave me some advice on before, is there any useful way to put TGT cards in that?
Off the top of my head Spellslingers. Fills your barren 3-slot with good stats and on average you should get significantly more out of the random spell than your opponent due to all the spell synergy in Tempo Mage. Not sure what to cut, maybe Counterspell or Kezan.

Ladekabel

Found the easiest way to win. Start a game, hit cancel, Hearthstone crashes, restart Hearthstone, get reconnected to your game, wait until mulligan is over, "your opponent has left", win.

Wanted to change something in my deck so I hit cancel and this is what happened to me.

cHinzo

Found the easiest way to win. Start a game, hit cancel, Hearthstone crashes, restart Hearthstone, get reconnected to your game, wait until mulligan is over, "your opponent has left", win.

Wanted to change something in my deck so I hit cancel and this is what happened to me.
Time to get my 12 wins in arena.

Duster

Wow coliseum manager actually did some really good work for me in the arena, it was even the deciding factor in a druid vs druid match where we both went to fatigue.

Hupsel

Innervate, coin, savage combatant turn one is ridiculously strong.

Yeah druids are so scared when they start with coind and happen to have innervate on their hands. As a priest I learned to always muligan for shadow word: death. If I get one and they do innervate for a high cost minion I can destroy it and they wasted 3 cards. Unless its that damn 4/6 taunt.

It's time to craft another legendary, and I'm torn between three:

- Tirion, because Paladin is by far my most-played class. This card also gels well with a neat deck I play a ton of, based on Redemption, Deathrattles and Blood Knights. He's also (arguably, obviously) the strongest single legendary in the game. In nearly any situation, he's a great drop. Maaaaybe Dr. Balanced is better, but it's close.

- Sylvanas, because she is not only a fantastic neutral legendary (so I can play her in most decks, period), but she would also work great with my previously mentioned deck.

Plus, I just really dig the character. She's mah gurl! ^_^

- Justicar, for the new-expansion smell (a big factor.) Plus, she would work in a token Pally deck I've been having success with since TGT launch. She also works well in Warrior, and probably other classes too. Just how good she is remains to be seen until everything shakes out though.

It's time to craft another legendary, and I'm torn between three:

- Tirion, because Paladin is by far my most-played class. This card also gels well with a neat deck I play a ton of, based on Redemption, Deathrattles and Blood Knights. He's also (arguably, obviously) the strongest single legendary in the game. In nearly any situation, he's a great drop. Maaaaybe Dr. Balanced is better, but it's close.

- Sylvanas, because she is not only a fantastic neutral legendary (so I can play her in most decks, period), but she would also work great with my previously mentioned deck.

Plus, I just really dig the character. She's mah gurl! ^_^

- Justicar, for the new-expansion smell (a big factor.) Plus, she would work in a token Pally deck I've been having success with since TGT launch. She also works well in Warrior, and probably other classes too. Just how good she is remains to be seen until everything shakes out though.

Zero contest Sylvannas, she goes in the most decks out of all 3 of your choices. The only legendary to craft before her is Dr Balanced.

Magnus

Coining in this brawl permanently adds 1 mana crystal to your pool. I coined on turn 1, then had 4 mana the next turn, 6 the next, etc.

Working as intended?

Also, even though from the start I had a feeling Muster for Battle would be strong. (Most cards that combine two cards into one for a decent price are, see Imp-losion). But I didn't really know until I started playing with my token Paladin deck just how powerful it can be. I mean, it's helped even more with TGT's Warhorse Trainer, but even without it's fantastic.

Also, just gonna say: I think Warhorse Trainer is pretty underrated. While people may expect Quartermaster as clear the recruits when you play it in the mid-game, most people can't if you Coin into Muster on T2. You then follow it it up with a Warhourse Trainer and one recruit plus your Light's Justice can kill most things they'd have played.

Coining in this brawl permanently adds 1 mana crystal to your pool. I coined on turn 1, then had 4 mana the next turn, 6 the next, etc.

Working as intended?

I didn't find this bug, but I also never coined on T1. Seemed pointless, considering the ramp is so fast.

Parshias7

I just had a match as Paladin where I ended up with two 7/7 Silver Hand Recruits. Double Quartermaster in my hand and I got a Time Rewinder off my opponent's Mech Yeti to bounce one of them back.

SIX ARMS MEN!

sibarraz

Banned
Well, Now I learned how to setup the hearthstone deck tracker and coincidently my debut match with dragon priest was against handlock, a match up that is not on my favor

I played this match more smartly that in previous times where I only won 1 from 10 matches, and I defeated him soundly, I learned how to save my shadow word death, when to buff, how to trade, etc. Here volj'in made my match, and shrinkmeister, I'm starting to gain lots of respect for that card, now for me is not only the card to setup a combo with cabal shadow priest, but more as a card to gain tempo to remove minions without hurting that much my own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom