• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

I'm an almost completely F2P player (I bought Blackrock but nothing else). Saving gold for the adventures is a long process but you get some very important cards out of it. If you have the adventures, I tend to agree that arena runs are a good value, and when buying packs, stick to Classic until you're getting too many dupes.

Danj

Add this card.

2zyjAiv.png

I do not have that card, nor the dust to craft it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Auctopus

I've only been in the community for a few months but It feels like complaints are only relevant to whatever's in the meta and then apparently it's cancer or broken?

Nobody was complaining about mech Mage a couple months ago but because now it's winning, it's awful apparently.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nobody was complaining about mech Mage a couple months ago but because now it's winning, it's awful apparently.
Jokes on you. I have always complained about all mech decks. Garbage snowball off opening hand deck type.

Magnus

Also, even though from the start I had a feeling Muster for Battle would be strong. (Most cards that combine two cards into one for a decent price are, see Imp-losion). But I didn't really know until I started playing with my token Paladin deck just how powerful it can be. I mean, it's helped even more with TGT's Warhorse Trainer, but even without it's fantastic.

Also, just gonna say: I think Warhorse Trainer is pretty underrated. While people may expect Quartermaster as clear the recruits when you play it in the mid-game, most people can't if you Coin into Muster on T2. You then follow it it up with a Warhourse Trainer and one recruit plus your Light's Justice can kill most things they'd have played.

I didn't find this bug, but I also never coined on T1. Seemed pointless, considering the ramp is so fast.

Isn't pointless with a great 2-cost minion on turn 1!

Dahbomb

Mech Mage has always been a really annoying deck to fight against. Especially early on GvG when it was a tier 1 deck.

Mech Warper and Goblin Blastmage shenanigans early game and then Dr Balanced and Antonidas (converting Spare Parts into Fireballs) for the late game finish.

Oh no, someone had lethal against me bu decided to attack my minions instead allowing me to beat them with a ragnaros the next turn, learn to count!!!

Then next game my opponent played Tirion while I had mirror entity up, he crashed all his minions into my clone, killing him and giving me the weapon, I polymorphed his Tirion next turn and played a card to end the match and the game disconnected and failed to reconnect..........like come on!

LiveWire

Secret Paladin is 2 legit 2 quit. Cutting through Face Hunter, Control Warrior, etc. like butter. Hard counter is Patron though for sure.

clav

I mean on your next turn.

That's what I did. However, I still lost.

Got a deathbite on turn 7 when I was almost dead.

This keeps happening a lot, so that's why I think Patron is inconsistent.

When I mulligan, I'm looking for a whirlwind and a weapon.

I usually never get it.

Am I looking at this correctly?

Wow. Now ranked 20.

Maybe I'll just go back to Paladin, but Paladin seems boring.

Do you guys have any tips?

Tagyhag

The only thing more satisfying than beating a Patron Warrior with your own deck, is beating a Patron Warrior so badly that they add you just to insult you.

clav

Deathlord is pretty good in arena if you don't have silence.

The only thing more satisfying than beating a Patron Warrior with your own deck, is beating a Patron Warrior so badly that they add you just to insult you.

What's with the hate for Patron Warrior?

That's what I did. However, I still lost.

Got a deathbite on turn 7 when I was almost dead.

This keeps happening a lot, so that's why I think Patron is inconsistent.

When I mulligan, I'm looking for a whirlwind and a weapon.

I usually never get it.

Am I looking at this correctly?

Wow. Now ranked 20.

Maybe I'll just go back to Paladin, but Paladin seems boring.

Do you guys have any tips?

Go watch someone who knows what they're doing with patron warrior. Even if you don't learn anything other than the fact that the deck is brokenly good, it'll be worth your time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think you're just getting caught up in the mulligans and openers. They're very strict for Patron and every matchup requires a different mulligan. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing the deck on ladder, because while I enjoy it, it's such a chore to learn and now with this new meta, I'd have to relearn all the mulligans and openers.

Do what Moebius said. Watch a patron player on Twitch and see how they mulligan. It'll take some time to get used to but no one ever said learning Patron was easy.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I learned today that if you joust and your opponent has no minions left in the deck you automatically win the joust, it makes total sense but somehow i was afraid i was gonna lose the joust. Also nexus champion saarad is awesome, i got the new shaman heal from it and it saved my ass in a match that went into fatigue that other priest must have been raging when i show all the heal i got from saarad
misc-dendiFace.PNG

I learned today that if you joust and your opponent has no minions left in the deck you automatically win the joust, it makes total sense but somehow i was afraid i was gonna lose the joust. Also nexus champion saarad is awesome, i got the new shaman heal from it and it saved my ass in a match that went into fatigue that other priest must have been raging when i show all the heal i got from saarad
misc-dendiFace.PNG

Heh, yeah, I won a joust against a priest that was a pretty much game winner cause he had no minions left which is pretty much fatal against a paladin in a fatigue game.

Ladekabel

I've been wondering if a Warsong Commander type of card for Priest could work. Something like "Whenever a minion is healed, give it charge". Would that be to broken because the attack gain Lightwarden and Holy Champion get is bigger than the one for Frothing?

Leezard

I've been wondering if a Warsong Commander type of card for Priest could work. Something like "Whenever a minion is healed, give it charge". Would that be to broken because the attack gain Lightwarden and Holy Champion get is bigger than the one for Frothing?

It would be a bit harder to proc, but I imagine a charge-giver + Pyro + random spell + circle of healing would make molten giants really dumb. Light of the Naaru too.

Haunted

I would not be opposed to a Legendary that does this but giving it to Mystic is overkill.
Probably... maybe compromise. Steal 1, destroy the rest. Steal 2. There's ways.

edit: this is not prompted out of saltiness, it's out of pity. I tried building a Christmas Tree paladin just now and my opponent played a Kezan Mystic after I played the Mysterious Challenger... Kezan was designed as a counter to secret, but it didn't do shit.

Haly

Having hard counters in the game means they can be more aggressive with making Secrets.

Checks and balances are good, I think.

Ultrabum

Having hard counters in the game means they can be more aggressive with making Secrets.

Checks and balances are good, I think.

I dislike hard counters. There's nothing worse than shaman vs handlock, you either have earthshocks for the twilightdrakes and hexes for Giants or you don't, makes the match up 100% determined by your draw. I think matches being determined 100% by your draw are not very fun.

When I played kezan, it felt like if I drew it vs a secret I had a huge advantage, but if I drew it vs a non secret class I was at a big disadvantage. Drawing puts enough variance into the game, super hard counters make it too much variance.

Haly

Handlock only exists because Big Game Hunter exists.

If they didn't make BGH, they would've never made Giants, and every Warlock would be Zoolock which is just as unfun if not moreso. Counters, paradoxically, lead to variety, because no single strategy can be overwhelming by itself so long as counters exist, and thus they can push subthemes (Giant, Secrets, Mechs, Buffing, Weapons, etc) more.

That's the ideal anyway. It doesn't always work out in practice. I guess there are players like Kripp who just want to trade dudes all day like in Arena but I find that extremely dull.

IceMarker

Thanks to anyone who watched my late HS stream today, once again you know who you are and I appreciate it! I'll probably stream more Hearthstone again on the stream this weekend.

I'm still sort of surprised that there isn't a neutral secret removal that does what flare does, I guess Blizzard thinks that having just a vanilla secret counter mechanic isn't interesting enough.

Maybe there will be some sort of blood knight but for secrets. Destroys all secrets for both players and gains stat counters from destroying them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom