• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

It's not a fun deck to play against, it's incredibly strong, and I'm not a fan of using other people's decks instead of coming up with my own.

Try playing it. It's not really fun either as it requires you to be pretty active of what's going on.

Paladin seems brainless in comparison almost like it's face hunter.

tylerf

Which God did I piss off to accidentally queue Control Warrior and then immediately run into a Mill Rogue? 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back and I didn't even win.

bunbun777

Playing around with a beast druid deck, and a beast hunter deck. Ram wrangler can be great or horrible but it's exciting nevertheless. Mulch seems to be worth it if you're patient. Have two of those 7 cost 6/6's in the druid deck they usually always get cast for 4.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Which God did I piss off to accidentally queue Control Warrior and then immediately run into a Mill Rogue? 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back and I didn't even win.
Sounds fun to me. I like fighting less common decks though. Something like Druid is the most boring thing to ladder against because the deck is almost always the same.

Pooya

Started playing oil rogue on ladder to do a quest and I'm on a huge win streak now, climbed from 17 to 10 in no time lol. Maybe I climb to 5 with it this season. It's actually fun, haven't touched it in a long time. I feel only zoo is a problem. Not bad for a tier 3 deck.

edit: btw, is this for real? this deck looks horrible, tier 2? lol
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/hobos

Santiako

Started playing oil rogue on ladder to do a quest and I'm on a huge win streak now, climbed from 17 to 10 in no time lol. Maybe I climb to 5 with it this season. It's actually fun, haven't touched it in a long time. I feel only zoo is a problem. Not bad for a tier 3 deck.

edit: btw, is this for real? this deck looks horrible, tier 2? lol
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/hobos

That looks like a random Hobgoblin deck with the Void Caller + Jaraxxus + Malganis tacked on (and 2 Molten Giants for maximum Hobgoblin synergy).

Special C

I've pretty much given up Hearthstone for Magic at this point. The FTP model is much better since you never get more dupes than you can use in a pack. Hearthstone is a really good game but opening 40 dust packs over and over is a terrible feeling.

Pooya

yeah Magic's business model is way better but their client is still horrific, I think some day that game will be really good.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i finally got enough dust to craft gromm so i'm playing this version of control warrior i found, i had to sub nefarian for alex because i don't have that card. Gotta say it works pretty damn well even without nefarian, i also found that gromm is essential in control warrior, i have won so many matches with that card, so yeah if you are planning to play CW you have to have gromm.

Dunlop

As expected got my ass whipped on my first Arena match, thankfully got a good pack of cards

now to learn to make a warlock deck to take advantage of this lol

I saved up all of my dust schekles and finally created doctor 7. I always thought the card was strong, but Jesus this thing is even stronger than I thought. Next patch will change doctor 6 and 7.

EmiPrime

I haven't had much trouble beating secret paladins with my tempo/token paladin deck (Zombie Chow, Shielded Minibot, Muster are typically my first 3 turns). Granted I am only at rank 10 so far this month but it seems like one of those decks that once people get more experience playing against it then it won't seem so scary.

JesseZao

I've pretty much given up Hearthstone for Magic at this point. The FTP model is much better since you never get more dupes than you can use in a pack. Hearthstone is a really good game but opening 40 dust packs over and over is a terrible feeling.

No cross platform accounts and no android support pretty much killed it for me. The stream client is poorly optimized as well. Too bad. I wanted it to rule.

Minsc

Gold Member
No cross platform accounts and no android support pretty much killed it for me. The stream client is poorly optimized as well. Too bad. I wanted it to rule.

Yup, real shame. But it's just so bare bones, and their warping the rules of the core game really sucks too. Not including all the cards, and basically making it a sideshow to the physical product.

With Duels, you have to accept that the game you get is not MtG, but something else. And with Duels, they don't really care to make it great, they only want it to be good enough to get you to play the physical game, nothing more.

dimb

i finally got enough dust to craft gromm so i'm playing this version of control warrior i found, i had to sub nefarian for alex because i don't have that card. Gotta say it works pretty damn well even without nefarian, i also found that gromm is essential in control warrior, i have won so many matches with that card, so yeah if you are planning to play CW you have to have gromm.
Gromm is the finisher. His damage will always be game changing when he can push out 12+weapon damage on one turn and be a strong body on the board. The deck you linked seems pretty out of date to me personally, but there are a number of variants and twists everyone will put on control warrior, and it has a certain amount of flexibility. Currently I would say Thaurissan is a waste in control Warrior decks. Without major card draw or regularly full hands it just doesn't seem super reliable, and throwing down a bunch of cards at once can be a liability.

I stopped running Whirlwind, personally. It feels too situational, which can make it a dead pull a lot of the time. I find having double Brawl to be way more valuable, and it's rare that an early board I could sweep with 1/1s would be entirely threatening. For something like Paladins its not bad to bait out buffs on the minions before Brawling even. Whirlwind does little to fight off the early game off many other classes though, so I just rarely feel like it's worth it. I might feel more this way because I run Baron Geddon though.

Nefarian is not really a sub for Alex. Alex can swing the health situation of the game to pull you back up from lethal against rush, or to push enemies down into lethal range off Gromm. Nefarian is the kind of card that holds momentum rather than swinging it.

If you have Gorehowl/Justicar consider using them. I think they're actually really potent as a combo. Using Gorehowl also extends Gromm kill range really far in certain situations.

tylerf

I haven't won a single joust in like 12 games using Tuskarr Jouster in Midrange Paladin. Not sure this card is actually better than Healbot in this deck, but putting in two Healbots just feels clunky.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Gromm is the finisher. His damage will always be game changing when he can push out 12+weapon damage on one turn and be a strong body on the board. The deck you linked seems pretty out of date to me personally, but there are a number of variants and twists everyone will put on control warrior, and it has a certain amount of flexibility. Currently I would say Thaurissan is a waste in control Warrior decks. Without major card draw or regularly full hands it just doesn't seem super reliable, and throwing down a bunch of cards at once can be a liability.

I stopped running Whirlwind, personally. It feels too situational, which can make it a dead pull a lot of the time. I find having double Brawl to be way more valuable, and it's rare that an early board I could sweep with 1/1s would be entirely threatening. For something like Paladins its not bad to bait out buffs on the minions before Brawling even. Whirlwind does little to fight off the early game off many other classes though, so I just rarely feel like it's worth it. I might feel more this way because I run Baron Geddon though.

Nefarian is not really a sub for Alex. Alex can swing the health situation of the game to pull you back up from lethal against rush, or to push enemies down into lethal range off Gromm. Nefarian is the kind of card that holds momentum rather than swinging it.

If you have Gorehowl/Justicar consider using them. I think they're actually really potent as a combo. Using Gorehowl also extends Gromm kill range really far in certain situations.

You are probably right in cutting Whirlwind for another brawl but i only have one brawl copy, also i don't have justicar but i do have Gorehowl but it feels kinda wrong having so many weapons, i could end up with really awkward hands... maybe i'll try it anyway.I actually have baron geddon, maybe i could sub emperor for geddon. Oh and you are totally right about your alex analysis, definitely gonna craft that card next. Thnaks for the suggestions!

dimb

You are probably right in cutting Whirlwind for another brawl but i only have one brawl copy, also i don't have justicar but i do have Gorehowl but it feels kinda wrong having so many weapons, i could end up with really awkward hands... maybe i'll try it anyway.I actually have baron geddon, maybe i could sub emperor for geddon. Oh and you are totally right about your alex analysis, definitely gonna craft that card next. Thnaks for the suggestions!
Gorehowl only really shines when you have your effective health pool bostered by stuff like Justicar and Alex. It's not really needed or anything. Baron Geddon > > > Thaurissan for sure. If you don't have another Brawl you could always try Revenge. It's another thing that's a little less valuable with Alex, but I'd still run it over Whirlwind.

Yup, real shame. But it's just so bare bones, and their warping the rules of the core game really sucks too. Not including all the cards, and basically making it a sideshow to the physical product.

With Duels, you have to accept that the game you get is not MtG, but something else. And with Duels, they don't really care to make it great, they only want it to be good enough to get you to play the physical game, nothing more.

Yup, wanted to give it a shot but they sure as hell don't want me to.

dimb

I see a lot of people complaining about riddler paladin and dreadsteeds but dragon priest seems a lot stronger then either of those
I don't think anyone is actually complaining about Dreadsteeds except the people trying to play them.

Pooya

Now two weeks on TGT. Cards that see play often to me are:

-MC
-Argent Horserider
-Competitive Spirit.
-Twilight Guardian
-Justicar
-Varian (maybe a little, not all that common actually even if it's in the deck)
-Wyrmest Agent
-Murloc Knight
-Ram Wrangler
-Bear Trap
-Darnassus Aspirant
-Druid of Saber
-Effigy
-Totem Golem*
-Tuskarr Totemic*
-Thunder Bluff*
-Bash

maybe add Spellslinger too

*that is if you face a shaman!

not too great, not too bad I guess. There are quite a few Dragon priests but they seemingly don't run Chillmaw. That's like the only popular dragon deck.

johnsmith

remember me
5 win priest quest so easy now with dragon priest. 4 of my opponents conceded by turn 4 after playing on curve perfectly every turn. 2/3 into 2/4 into 3/5 into 3/6 is strong, who knew.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, the Aggro Rogue deck that got me to rank 13 last season is getting absolutely wrecked this month. I'm this close to crafting Dr. Boom and committing to my tempo mage deck.

This guy miscalculated his damage and pumped my Gahzrilla up to 96 attack. I should have taken a screenshot. Ending on a high note. I'm going to call it a night.

Dahbomb

Now two weeks on TGT. Cards that see play often to me are:

-MC
-Argent Horserider
-Competitive Spirit.
-Twilight Guardian
-Justicar
-Varian (maybe a little, not all that common actually even if it's in the deck)
-Wyrmest Agent
-Murloc Knight
-Ram Wrangler
-Bear Trap
-Darnassus Aspirant
-Druid of Saber
-Effigy
-Totem Golem*
-Tuskarr Totemic*
-Thunder Bluff*
-Bash

maybe add Spellslinger too

*that is if you face a shaman!

not too great, not too bad I guess. There are quite a few Dragon priests but they seemingly don't run Chillmaw. That's like the only popular dragon deck.
Fuck Ram Wrangler.. I am already really god damn tired of losing to that piece of shit card.

Silverhand Regent is seeing play too. I also occasionally see that Horserider dude in Paladin.

I saw Frost Giants being used in a tweaked Giants Mage deck. It works out pretty well.

Pooya

there is that Groot card for druid too, I forgot the name. That sees play. There are above twenty cards from the set, not bad.

---

I think paladins got more use out of Siltfin Spiritwalker in these two week than Shamans have to date. It's very good when it pops out on its own. Getting card draw from it then, it's ridiculous. Two turns of Murloc Knight is a guaranteed win overall.
Really enjoying my own list of mid range paladin, been winning all day. Probably reach rank 5 by Friday the latest and I play very little these days. It's good to have fun and win more at the same time and avoiding aggro cancer decks.

johnsmith

remember me
OVGOeyC.png

All that's left now is Shaman and I've got every gold hero.

Left the worst for last. This is going to be painful.

Pooya

fought a secret paly at last, there are not really many of them. He played exactly 10! secrets, I dealt with two MCs and a huge bloodknight, the deck just loses after you deal with MCs, he had only 5 cards left when Dr. Boom finished the game and he had no answer. Really not impressed, it won't be top 1 deck for long.

Would anyone be willing to let me watch them play a game? I've had the quest to spectate a win for ages now but sadly have no friends that play hearthstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom