• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Old lists used Shield Block to handle the hyperaggro meta for pre-TGT. The game is a bit slower now thanks to dragons so you can sub out the blocks.

Plus you're not running shield slams, which is what blocks were used with.

5u2VfO9.jpg

Good mage!

I got a poisoned blade in my last pack. TGT collection completed.

Seriously though, I feel like if the card was 3 mana, it would actually be okay. At 4 mana...

Cards that synergize with this weapon:
buccaneer
autobarber
deadly poison
sword oil
captain greenskin
hero power
every inspire card

It is just a shame it is a really bad card on its own. I think if it were 3 mana, comboing it with deadly poison might just make it good enough. But at 4 mana, you're just making a weaker assassin's blade that takes 2 cards.

On the other hand, I do kind of want to try the card out just to see how big I can make the weapon.

edit:
Got it up to 16 attack against an AI opponent.

Jousts are so goddamn bad. Everytime I see them tie I just wonder what they were thinking with that interaction. The player activating the Joust has a disadvantage to begin with.

Minsc

Gold Member
Jousts are so goddamn bad. Everytime I see them tie I just wonder what they were thinking with that interaction. The player activating the Joust has a disadvantage to begin with.

It doesn't help that the cards with joust are worse than cards without joust either, when the joust fails (most of the time). The incentive to use them outside arena is very questionable, unless you like running inferior cards for some reason.

It doesn't help that the cards with joust are worse than cards without joust either, when the joust fails (most of the time). The incentive to use them outside arena is very questionable, unless you like running inferior cards for some reason.

I've given Gadgetzan Jouster all the tries it deserves and it's just a worst zombie chow. Healing Wave is still probably worth running though. Don't think it's worth running a maybe better card unless you are doing a heavy control deck

I think gadgetzan jouster could replace a zombie chow if you don't have all of naxx.

Also, I kinda think that while zombie chow is best early game, jouster is a lot better later in the game where zombie chow might be unplayable.

I think future joust cards could be slightly stronger though. They probably didn't want to make the first couple too good just in case.

I gotta confess something.

I actually like playing against Mysterious Challenger paladin.

Like... normally the annoying thing with secrets is all the anxiety about wtf the secret does. Well, when there's 4 or 5 of them on the board... you can plan out what's going to happen exactly, and if you can't deal with it then oh well. But I feel like >50% of the time I can pull off a good counter-move on the turn after he drops the Mad Hatter.

The only card that really makes me angry there is Divine Favor. Oh, I just dealt with your board super efficiently? I guess I get punished by letting you draw 5 cards for 3 mana. Seems legit.

Then again, the game I played just now the guy drew 5 cards with Divine Favor and vomitted Knife Juggler, Abusive, and double Leper Gnome onto the board. Then I Lightbombed so I guess it evened out.

Haunted

What is Blizzard's thinking behind Sideshow Spelleater? I mean, honestly, what's the concept here?

22372.png

Just throwing random unintuitive ideas out there and hoping someone is creative enough to build a deck out of it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is Blizzard's thinking behind Sideshow Spelleater? I mean, honestly, what's the concept here?

Just throwing random unintuitive ideas out there and hoping someone is creative enough to build a deck out of it?

I think so. That's not a bad approach to card game design. Certainly better than making value dudes like Mad Scientist, Shredder or Boom.

22372.png

Probably, doesn't even work on adventure bosses but that would break some of them

manhack

22372.png

I predicted a card like this before it was revealed based on the theme of the expansion and justicar trueheart. Like many cards in Hearthstone it is normally a bad card, but under the right conditions it can be a strong swing card.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i switched to midrange hunter with a flare because i was getting rekt by secret paladin in a regular basis when i was playing control warrior, 5 games in i have faced zero paladin fuck you blizzard what the fuck
BabyRage.png
BibleThump.png

JesseZao

22372.png

I was thinking of trying it in a warlock deck as an optional endgame switch. If all you see are Justicar decks, I guess this is the "soft" counter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
One day Sideshow Spelleater will counter the Justicar meta. Just wait.

Beast Hunter everywhere on the ladder today. What happened?

Rockyrock

I swear on my life that my golden Unstable portal has a 50% chance to pull a legendary.

Just breezed through 4 ranks unbeaten thanks to some god pulls from that card.

Then lost to a turn 1 astral communion into Nourish tho, but it was worth it.

Levi

Banned
My pack luck is off the charts. Last three packs (earned from gold from dailies), I got Golden Acidmaw, then the TGT Priest Legendary, and today I got two TGT epics. They were bad epics, but still, three packs with 2 epics and 2 legendaries (1 Golden) is pretty freakin' good.

Portugeezer

Can I add one of you guys for one of my daily achievements? (have to watch someone win)

thanks

My name will be Pinto when it comes up.

The pro players and the vocal part of the community responsible for creating, naming and popularising decks are playing on PC, though. :p

What do 5+ secrets look like on the mobile versions?

dibow1M.jpg

I laughed.

22372.png

This would be so much cooler if it was "swap her powers with your opponent".

You could seriously screw over some desks. Handlock without card draw? Hunter without skillshot? Oil Rogue without easy weapons?

Aomber

This might sound weird - but does anyone prefer watching Heartstone to playing it?

For someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on it I honestly just prefer seeing other people who have the means to spend a lot of money, get access to all the cards, and play some crazy decks. I really don't have that much variety in cards so the game isn't as interesting for me to actually play.

luoapp

This might sound weird - but does anyone prefer watching Heartstone to playing it?

For someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on it I honestly just prefer seeing other people who have the means to spend a lot of money, get access to all the cards, and play some crazy decks. I really don't have that much variety in cards so the game isn't as interesting for me to actually play.

That's why you play arena.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LMAO at this RNG

KoSUq4P.png

Turn 3 spellslinger gave me innervate, turn 4 I portaled into boom which was perfect synergy. Disgusting.

Owzers

pretty much.....playing it just ends in frustration so i tend to observe others.

Totakeke

Am I missing something? I got a misdirection from an opponent's spellslinger, I used it and when he attacked my hero with his minion for lethal, misdirection didn't trigger at all.

_DrMario_

Am I missing something? I got a misdirection from an opponent's spellslinger, I used it and when he attacked my hero with his minion for lethal, misdirection didn't trigger at all.

Misdirection will not trigger if there are no minions on the board and the opposing hero attacks into the secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom