• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misdirection will not trigger if there are no minions on the board and the opposing hero attacks into the secret.

He said a minion hit him for lethal, which should have directed the damage to another target and there is always another target, namely the attacking player's own face.

I guess if it were malganis hitting face with no other minions on board, it wouldn't proc.

Portugeezer

It says it should hit another random character, which should include the other hero too. If that is not how it works and it needs more than 1 minion on the attacking players side, then they should fix the description.

It says it should hit another random character, which should include the other hero too. If that is not how it works and it needs more than 1 minion on the attacking players side, then they should fix the description.

It does include the other hero. I've run Misdirection in my hunter decks and I've seen the enemy minion attack his own hero more than once.

Cipherr

LMAO at this RNG

KoSUq4P.png

Turn 3 spellslinger gave me innervate, turn 4 I portaled into boom which was perfect synergy. Disgusting.

Thats the kind of play that makes me log off when someone does it against me. No conceed. Just Task Manager > End Task so you have to wait on the damn rope.

hwateber

This might sound weird - but does anyone prefer watching Heartstone to playing it?

For someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on it I honestly just prefer seeing other people who have the means to spend a lot of money, get access to all the cards, and play some crazy decks. I really don't have that much variety in cards so the game isn't as interesting for me to actually play.
Yeah I feel you. I'll still go for my daily quest but I hit a plateau in ranked at level 16 where everything seems incredibly pay to win. Arena would be fun if gold wasn't so hard to come by, and then there's the adventures which are expensive as fuck unless you pay real money. Doesn't help that the only Rares and up I get are shaman cards which still don't save this trash deck. I got farther with my completely basic ass mage deck which makes me sad

Rant over, I still like this game and I play it for hours every day. Seeing a Dr Boom makes me want to rage quit though

EmiPrime

Anyone got an opinion on Saraad and Paletress? I have the dust to make one of them and they seem quite fun.

I have Trueheart, Eadric, Fjola, Acidmaw, Chillmaw, Kragg and Rhonin so far.

Haunted

Yeah, the meta is still damn fast. If deck strength is equal, playing aggro is rewarded a lot more with Blizzard's current system (quick games = more games = more gold), so that's naturally what people are playing. The only dailies that don't outright encourage aggro deck play are the minions above 5 and destroy minion ones.

Everyone forgets Oil.
Oil Rogue doesn't pressure enough, I can usually survive through the big burst damage with my Tank Up warrior, feels good when the opponent does the whole Deadly Poison + Deckhand + Oil + Blade Flurry combo for ~25 damage and I still stand strong with 24 health.

This would be so much cooler if it was "swap her powers with your opponent".

You could seriously screw over some desks. Handlock without card draw? Hunter without skillshot? Oil Rogue without easy weapons?
If we're going all in with the insanity, I like this idea a whole lot.

Joco

Geezus, sometimes I just want to say fuck this game. Half hour match against control warrior, both of us in fatigue, I've got board control over him with lethal next turn. With him having one card left I throught I had it in the bag. Nope, fucking Deathwing comes out. Done for the night after that.

Edit: I guess I'm a bit salty.

Ladekabel

Had a game against a Zoolock who instaconceded when I played Dr. Boom. It didn't even do anything. He then send me an friend request that I accepted because I wanted to taste the salt. But he wasn't even mad at me, he was mad at the Dr. because he ruined another game... again. After that he deleted me as a friend. :(

And I had a game against Handlock with a Druid. Won because I was lucky with my draws and MCT. But that game was much more fun than the shorter ones against aggro.

Santiako

Yeah I feel you. I'll still go for my daily quest but I hit a plateau in ranked at level 16 where everything seems incredibly pay to win. Arena would be fun if gold wasn't so hard to come by, and then there's the adventures which are expensive as fuck unless you pay real money. Doesn't help that the only Rares and up I get are shaman cards which still don't save this trash deck. I got farther with my completely basic ass mage deck which makes me sad

Rant over, I still like this game and I play it for hours every day. Seeing a Dr Boom makes me want to rage quit though

I reached rank 14 my first month with only the basic cards and the few free packs, rank 16 is definitely not pay to win, c'mon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ladder is absolutely lousy with Dragon Priest. its a fucking cesspool.
I wish I was seeing more. I should really just track more stuff, but it's pretty much always some variant of Secret Paladin, Beast/Midrange Hunter, Druid, Control Warrior. Getting sort of bored at not having matchup variation. Rogue is a dead class, even if it's not necessarily weak. Shaman hasn't seen a popularity surge. Mage isn't getting played at all for some reason. Far less Warlock than before TGT and when it comes out it's almost always some kind of Handlock.

Daigoro

I wish I was seeing more. I should really just track more stuff, but it's pretty much always some variant of Secret Paladin, Beast/Midrange Hunter, Druid, Control Warrior. Getting sort of bored at not having matchup variation. Rogue is a dead class, even if it's not necessarily weak. Shaman hasn't seen a popularity surge. Mage isn't getting played at all for some reason. Far less Warlock than before TGT and when it comes out it's almost always some kind of Handlock.

im seeing a ton of them. luck of the draw i guess, or is it regional? its gotta be at least 50% priest tonight...

beating them feels so good though, but it can be a challenge.

im playing zoo and having a blast tonight. the meta is begging me to play face hunter, but i am resisting for the moment.

Haven't posted this in a while so I am putting it out there.

Fuck patron warrior and anyone who plays it.

lol

im seeing so much less of them lately. im not unhappy about that, necessarily.

FeD.nL

Zeriyah 9/11/2014 said:
Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive.

4Head

Cipherr

I don't do much ladder so I only saw like 2 last month but I beat them and enjoyed both thoroughly.

God its so damn lame to see SO many people jump on a bandwagon like that. Have some shame folks, jesus. Really sucks seeing people bring that tryhard shit to the Brawls too. I mean damn....

I know I'm still new to this game, so I probably still fucking suck, but Paladins REALLY piss me off. It's rare that I get mad at any game that's not a fighting game but Hearthstone is really pushing my buttons. I did 3 arena runs today and all 9 losses were to Paladins.

Fuck them. 11-9 and every single loss was a goddamn Paladin.

Noaloha

I'm much too casual a player to have a valid opinion on this, but I'm curious:

If, for each class, Hearthstone allowed you to save specific decks to automatically use against whatever class you were put up against (so you could have nine different counterpick builds for your Mage, nine for your Priest, etc.) do you think this would make the game more balanced across the board, or would it just further push a certain few classes into dominating meta?

Pooya

People seemingly play far more control warrior than patron these days. I never got the hate for patron, been on both sides, it's a good deck but it's not auto win or anything like that, not even close.

Complaining about Dragon Priest? really? that's low.

If, for each class, Hearthstone allowed you to save specific decks to automatically use against whatever class you were put up against (so you could have nine different counterpick builds for your Mage, nine for your Priest, etc.) do you think this would make the game more balanced across the board, or would it just further push a certain few classes into dominating meta?

It wouldn't change all that much, since 99% of people just play the same deck they saw on a stream anyway.

I still like the idea of 3 tech cards you can switch in once the matchup starts. Assuming they added a stealth knight and a couple of others to balance it out, it would make things more interesting and punish people less for not playing Handlock.

Totakeke

Misdirection will not trigger if there are no minions on the board and the opposing hero attacks into the secret.

I had one minion and he had two. When I died from his minion attack into my hero, misdirection is still on the board without ever being activated.

Got Anub'arak in pack today! Is he any good? Haven't played rogue since the pre-Naxx Malygos Miracle days.
I think he's an awesome card, from his sounds to the effect, but there really isn't a Rogue deck he'll work in right now. Kripp made an Anu'bar deck I think but I never watched that video.

Edit: It's great because it mimics the boss fight from TotGC pretty well. They should of had the number of Anu'bars increase by one e everytime he dies.

The issue is that once you play him, you can't do anything else. Couple that with the fact how easy he dies and there's a good chance you'll get nothing out of him.

If you do end up using him, be sure to have other high threat minions you can use early on or he'll just be a removal sponge.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Just ran into a warrior on EU ladder who took ages to play anything, but boy, when he did play, every single card was golden o__O I've never seen a deck like that. The way he didn't do anything for a few turns with armorsmith and drawing stuff with acolyte of pain made me think ohgreat, another patron war, but then he played this hand...

BEux95a.jpg

Is it common to see players like that? I've only started recently, so no idea ;D

I think he's an awesome card, from his sounds to the effect, but there really isn't a Rogue deck he'll work in right now. Kripp made an Anu'bar deck I think but I never watched that video.

Edit: It's great because it mimics the boss fight from TotGC pretty well. They should of had the number of Anu'bars increase by one e everytime he dies.

The issue is that once you play him, you can't do anything else. Couple that with the fact how easy he dies and there's a good chance you'll get nothing out of him.

If you do end up using him, be sure to have other high threat minions you can use early on or he'll just be a removal sponge.

Thanks - agreed yeah seems out of place having high cost minions in rogue decks these days but could try some Alarm-o-bot shenanigans! Part of me would like to make an all Nerubian deck but i get the feeling it would be awful.

Is it common to see players like that? I've only started recently, so no idea ;D
I've been playing pretty regularly since launch and you see players like that once in a while but not too often from my experience. Probably spent a LOT of money to get an all golden deck.

x Misogi

Trying to make a Shadow Priest Deck. I can't remember all of the details as the game is down for maintenance but it's something like:
1x Circle of Healing
2x Flash Heal
2x Power Word: Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Shadowbomber
2x Mind Blast
2x Shadow Fiend
2x Deathlord
1x Shadow Word: Death
1x Thought Steal
2x Spawn of Shadows
2x Auchnei Soulpriest
1x Shadow Madness
1x Holy Nova
1x Vol'Jin
1x Light Bomb
1x Justicar Trueheart
1x Prophet Velen
1x Malygos
1x Mind Control
Not sure if there's a card I'm missing or if I just have two Circle of Healings

Any thoughts? I think I need a Darkbane in order to really make it go.

Portugeezer

What is that card that respawns everything that dies? Yeah that... It's OP shit, especially as it works the same exact turn that you play it on.

This might sound weird - but does anyone prefer watching Heartstone to playing it?

For someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on it I honestly just prefer seeing other people who have the means to spend a lot of money, get access to all the cards, and play some crazy decks. I really don't have that much variety in cards so the game isn't as interesting for me to actually play.

I have just stopped caring about whether I win or not, because I know I could go on a decent run and get to ~Rank 15 or just have bad runs and hover around 20.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate Deathlord. Like I feel I need to run it as a priest especially with all of the agro.

Yet I feel like it gets killed to easily these days and swings tempo to much.

Raxus

I hate Deathlord. Like I feel I need to run it as a priest especially with all of the agro.

Yet I feel like it gets killed to easily these days and swings tempo to much.

Dragon Priest at least got a good substitute to counter aggro.

Taunts in general need a buff.

Phawx

I've finally cracked Secret Paladin. I don't lose any games when using dragon priest. I still get wrecked against face hunter unless I have the perfect cards.

Edit: Actually it's probably that I am playing scrub secret paladins because they ALWAYS use avenge instead of competitive spirit after Mustard. So I just take the weak 1's to the face until I can holy nova the area.

Opiate

People seemingly play far more control warrior than patron these days. I never got the hate for patron, been on both sides, it's a good deck but it's not auto win or anything like that, not even close.

Complaining about Dragon Priest? really? that's low.

Yeah, at some point we have to choose what decks are for stupid jerks and only mock those.

HearthArena wanted me to take 4 Goblin Auto-Barbers, with my only weapon being hero power.

This is fine. They're a strong 2-drop even without the battlecry doing anything, and buffing your hero power weapon should be doable more than once per game. In that sense they're like Ooze - you don't hold it waiting for your opponent to develop a weapon if it would mean giving up tempo. Even if you had 8 2-drops I'd still rate an Auto-Barber over at least 70% of possible cards.

This is fine. They're a strong 2-drop even without the battlecry doing anything, and buffing your hero power weapon should be doable more than once per game. In that sense they're like Ooze - you don't hold it waiting for your opponent to develop a weapon if it would mean giving up tempo. Even if you had 8 2-drops I'd still rate an Auto-Barber over at least 70% of possible cards.

I took a Gnomish Inventor over the 4th Auto-Barber because my only other card draw is 2 Fan of Knives, and I guess Burgle. If I knew I was going to be offered four, I would've taken the Assassin's Blade instead of the first one, and then pick the other three.

Here is my current Arena run: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/r1o6c2

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If we filtered out all the decks that people complain about the only decks left would be:

Midrange Druid (sans Force-Roar)
Midrange Shaman (sans Al'Akir)
Midrange Paladin (sans Tirion)

God help me that would be the most boring fucking card game of all time.

Lyng

If we filtered out all the decks that people complain about the only decks left would be:

Midrange Druid (sans Force-Roar)
Midrange Shaman (sans Al'Akir)
Midrange Paladin (sans Tirion)

God help me that would be the most boring fucking card game of all time.

Just make Face hunter less OP and I am okay

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The only class I see playing straight aggro or face decks right now is Warlock. Hunter players have largely transitioned to midrange or beast variants as far as I can tell.

Phawx

The only class I see playing straight aggro or face decks right now is Warlock. Hunter players have largely transitioned to midrange or beast variants as far as I can tell.

Rank 13 still has a large amount of face hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom