• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I'm over here alone in the "game is better than ever" camp I guess.

TGT is >>>> than any other content they've added post release IMO. I'm enjoying so many different decks right now.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, there's so much aggro right now I"m actually considering adding double zombie chow to my dragon priest deck.

And I love how every druid has Darnassus Aspirant in their opening hand now.

KuroNeeko

Halp me, GAF.

I have enough dust to make sum Dragins (Twilight Guardians / Wyrmrest Doods), and am excited about playing them in Priest!

I also have enough dust to craft ONE Legendary and don't have -

1) Dr. Boom
2) Sylvanas
3) Ysera
4) Paletress

Common sense tells me to craft the Doctor.

My playstyle suggests Dirty Syl or Ysera.

My heart is telling me to GO PALETRESS.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

bord

Neo Member
So this week's tavern brawl worked out pretty well...

LNLIFxD.jpg

Now I have a golden Ysera to go with my golden Malygos.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Common sense tells me to craft the Doctor.

My playstyle suggests Dirty Syl or Ysera.

In pretty much 95% of the decks where you would run Sylvanas or Ysera you're also going to run the good Doctor.

Go with the Doctor.

Made a new acc for fun since I have no gold to spend on arena on my main. Did the first free arena so far 3-1 and all 4 matches so far have been all against Paladins. LOL.

Edit: Game #5 = Paladin too....

How does Ramp Druid do against the new Paladin decks?

Honestly seems like it would be pretty decent in this meta provided it isn't horrible against secret Paladin.

johnsmith

remember me
Even druids are cancerous now. Token druid? Seriously? Constructed is like arena now. If you miss a 1 drop you already lost, unless you're playing patron, control warrior, or handlock.

ZealousD

How does Ramp Druid do against the new Paladin decks?

Honestly seems like it would be pretty decent in this meta provided it isn't horrible against secret Paladin.

Secret Paladin doesn't necessarily run Owl or Equality, which gives Ramp a leg up. But you still kind of need to draw into AoW and Swipe. And maybe BGH for the MC.

diamount

Banned
Arena, got that TGT worm card (5/9) from the spider, and houndmastered it. It was on a board of 3 mobs in total and the goblin blastmage got it 4 fucking times, which was what was needed to kill it with the mob, this game sometimes...

how do you fight patron with mid range hunter? I thought I was doing alright when fighting one, but once he had like 4 patrons out I couldnt do much. I think I wasted unleash the hounds too early but I wanted to get rid of his warsong commander early

Tacitus_

Reincarnate shaman is pretty fun in this brawl. 4-1 so far, with the only loss to a druid that got creeper -> power -> soul of the forest -> soul of the forest

E: and 5-1 and the quest done. Double owl, double earthsthock and double hex = what deathrattles

Murloc Knight as a common with the boost to TGT card draw in arena is completely broken. I still don't understand how they don't modify card rarities in arena.

Ladekabel

Getting lethal with two Frothings feels so satisfying. It's disgusting if it is played against you but great if you play it yourself. Was so close to conceding but some quick math and I found out I had 1 damage over lethal. Poor Hunter.
Bought a pack and got Nozdusto.

cHinzo

Aw, man!

I came in to post this same thing!

I played one game with Shaman, but switched to Priest after realizing

1) Zombie Chow / ASP hits for 10 EACH
2) Mass Dispel
3) Shadow Madness
4) CSP
5) Dark Cultist

I'd MC'd someones Rivendale, but he conceded before I could Zombie Chow him for 20...
Yeah it's a really fun deck. Flash Heal is also very versatile against all those Huntards. 1 mana 5 damage, a Zombie Chow trigger without Circle of Healing for 10 face damage or 5 HP heal for 1 mana.

Getting lethal with two Frothings feels so satisfying. It's disgusting if it is played against you but great if you play it yourself. Was so close to conceding but some quick math and I found out I had 1 damage over lethal. Poor Hunter.
Bought a pack and got Nozdusto.

Patron math: 1, 2.... Umm LOTS!!!

NBtoaster

Best deck in brawl is priest and just ruining everyones fun with mass dispel. Shadow madness and cabal shadow priest get crazy value too.

Ikael

I've just played like 4 hours of ladder and I didn't see one Shaman, Rogue, Druid or Mage.

Couple of facetards, couple of dragon priests, couple of Secret pally, 1 patron warrior, 1 handlock and everything else was control warrior.

So much variety Blizzard, you are really good at this balance thing.

As a Starcraft 2 ex-fan, I can absolutely confirm you that Blizzard don't know shit about balancing, nor they give a rat-ass about it. They abbandoned theoretical game design long, long, time ago. In fact, seeing how atrocious Beyond Earth came to be, I would argue that this is a shitty industry wide tendence, I fear :S

zoukka

Murloc Knight as a common with the boost to TGT card draw in arena is completely broken. I still don't understand how they don't modify card rarities in arena.

Well we don't actually know the real arena rarities of cards. We just assume it's even when in reality it might be heavily tinkered.

So I bought a pack with the gold I got from the brawl quest and got a Mal'Ganis. So I went to make a Warlock deck, since I've been wanting to play with it for a while, but was missing that card (and Lord Jaraxxus).

Turns out I ended up with a zoo deck without it, but I quite like it. Fist of Jaraxxus is actually pretty good.

FeD.nL

Didn´t see it posted yet but Design Insights with Ben Brode.

I like that he talks about that they are aware of some of the problems and want to have a good path laid out for the future but it is bothering me that they know that they have a problem with newcomers and the amount of cards they have to collect yet they change the arena rewards to be random.

I do wonder if we´re going to get an update around/after Blizzcon. Maybe an adventure in december?

ZealousD

I have a feeling that when we get the next Adventure, Naxx will become free. Then when we get the next GvG/TGT style expansion, we'll have a "card crunch" where certain cards are eliminated from Standard play, and GvG is consolidated into Classic packs. Cards that no longer become legal will be relegated to a "legacy" play mode that allows all cards.

Loomba

I got a Garrison Commander from a shredder and it wouldn't let me use my totem hero power twice.. is that a bug or intended?

Pooya

The solution is really obvious to me, they're not going to make anything free, nobody expects that or asks for that either. The current pack economy is just so outdated, it made sense when there was one set not now. You can't expect people to invest gold let alone money into 40 dust packs. Magic has it right, after you open certain copies of a card it's done. Now I'm not saying two, make it four, two become dust then you can't open any more of that freaking card ever again unless you DE your two and it resets back to four again. You will eventually have a full set if you keep at it this way, that possibility alone will make the whole thing much easier to deal with for everyone. It will make it more likely that people invest more money into pack unlike now when you know there is no end to it, you will then can like spent 100 bucks and have a full set. That that should be reasonable for both sides, most people don't even need or want full sets, they can get good number of cards by spending some money with that. Those 40 dust packs just ruin any and all excitement after a while, you can't expect people to put up with that forever.

Other than that, you know, have some sales sometimes? amazon does more for this game than Blizzard, hilarious.

I'm not really holding my breath for anything to change really, just look at Nozdormu glitch, it was going for a loong time, all we got that we are aware of the issue, it wasn't fixed until a popular streamer was exploiting it for tens of thousands of viewers to see. Or deck slots, first it was confusing for a year, then they changed their stance that they want it but want to do it right, whatever, months passed now, nothing whatsoever. It's not rocket science, maybe deck slots are confusing for Blizzard not players. How hard can it be to add them to the game?

I'm not saying Blizzard doesn't want to make everything great, they're just too damn slow to do anything. Not just with this game either. All of them pretty much.

Phawx

The biggest mistake a secret MC paladin makes is playing a secret at turn 1. Every time I play a MC Paladin who does this, they lose against me.

Though I have cracked the code of the deck as it is. But still turn 1 secret is a bad play.

Pooya

I have a feeling that when we get the next Adventure, Naxx will become free. Then when we get the next GvG/TGT style expansion, we'll have a "card crunch" where certain cards are eliminated from Standard play, and GvG is consolidated into Classic packs. Cards that no longer become legal will be relegated to a "legacy" play mode that allows all cards.

removing cards, wat? why would you do that? to make them free? How you can choose those cards exactly without breaking anything in the non legacy play mode?

MMaRsu

The biggest mistake a secret MC paladin makes is playing a secret at turn 1. Every time I play a MC Paladin who does this, they lose against me.

Though I have cracked the code of the deck as it is. But still turn 1 secret is a bad play.

What if you play a secret that returns a minion to life with one health and on turn 3 you coin a piloted shredder with nothing else on the board?

Pooya

great start for the day, my shredder drops Doomsayer, have the most horrible opening hand, even then just as I build my board and I'm about to turn it around and opponent's hand is empty, top deck Divine Favor... sometimes it just doesn't work.

sibarraz

Banned

It depends, if you had a secret keeper or a shielded minibot, you can gain a huge board advantage depending of which secret you had

In the end the idea of Secret Paladin is having such a good board that at turn 6 your opponent has no chance but buff one minion of yours.

Now the problem is when you play 2 times the same secret without MC, then it loses some of the value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFf67aJ4p4&feature=youtu.be

Look at the insane ending of this video

Didn´t see it posted yet but Design Insights with Ben Brode.

I like that he talks about that they are aware of some of the problems and want to have a good path laid out for the future but it is bothering me that they know that they have a problem with newcomers and the amount of cards they have to collect yet they change the arena rewards to be random.

I do wonder if we´re going to get an update around/after Blizzcon. Maybe an adventure in december?

That's not a problem for new players, though. That's a problem for players that have everything but TGT cards and who were expecting arena to award TGT packs for the next few months. New players don't care and probably get all new cards from every pack they open from every set.

Phawx

It depends, if you had a secret keeper or a shielded minibot, you can gain a huge board advantage depending of which secret you had

In the end the idea of Secret Paladin is having such a good board that at turn 6 your opponent has no chance but buff one minion of yours.

Now the problem is when you play 2 times the same secret without MC, then it loses some of the value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFf67aJ4p4&feature=youtu.be

Look at the insane ending of this video

Right, but secretkeeper is a great turn 1 play for MC Paladin. What I'm saying is, if you don't have SK in your opening hand or only have secrets or whatever, you are much better off not playing a secret on turn 1.

The only thing they are doing is letting your opponent have a free chance at seeing what secret you are playing. Generally speaking, it's *always* avenge. It's just a bad play in my book. It just opens up this whole avenue of having the secret backfire on them by not playing into the secret.

LiveWire

That may be true but you also want to clear your hand ASAP to maximize your Divine Favor. If you didn't draw your Mysterious Challenger and your hand is almost empty by turn 6 you need every extra card to get that in your hand ASAP (while also hoping you don't draw all the secrets.) It's just the all-in nature of the deck.

Finalow

400 dust is an awful payout for a good legendary. That's 4 rares you're almost guaranteed to pull from your next 50 packs or so, and for the dupes you only get 20 each. Pretty bad deal overall.

Which epics though? There's some real garbage there you're not gonna miss ever.
I see. well, as epics I wanted to disenchant spellbender, clockwork giant and gladiator's longbow. maybe recruiter too.

No. Why would someone dust a great card like Baron Geddon?
from what I've seen however he doesn't fit in any deck I'd like to use. to be honest I've only seen him being played in some control warrior decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom