• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I should not have bought 15 packs of TGT when i needed dust, i only got like 200 dust in the end, fuck my life . Also midrange secret paladin has to be the new tier 1 deck, the new list is insanely strong.
BibleThump.png

Mulgrok

Didn't take long for tavern brawl net decks to appear. Faced the same hunter deck in the first 6 games I played. I should know better than try to have fun in tavern brawl.

Man people have really flipped their opinions on Mysterious Challenger.

This is your daily reminder that I told everyone the card would be ridiculous just prior to TGT release (and even explained why it would be so).

I shudder to think the day someone Tempo Mage pulls this card out of Unstable Portal and plays it on turn 3.

I actually got this going last night. Sadly I drew two of the three secrets in the deck before I got to play MC on turn 3, so only one got played. Profound sadness.

Man people have really flipped their opinions on Mysterious Challenger.

This is your daily reminder that I told everyone the card would be ridiculous just prior to TGT release (and even explained why it would be so).

I shudder to think the day someone Tempo Mage pulls this card out of Unstable Portal and plays it on turn 3.

A Mage actually did that to me today. The only secrets they ran were Effigy and Mirror Entity, though.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Honestly its the combination of the deck thinning and divine favor that makes it really messed up. If they play Dr 6 and then follow with its an instant win. Also makes me rage when I'm playing patron and their secrets take forever to proc.

Love it just for the patron tantrums. More please. : )

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh another reason Dr 6 is broken, it's a battlecry, not a deathrattle like mad scientist. Jesus this card makes me angry.

Blizzard has just been stupid with how they have been pushing secrets. It's 10x harder to play around a secret than it is to play one. Secrets just get vomited out from MC or Mad Scientist, you get almost guaranteed value, and you spent zero brain cells to do so.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard has just been stupid with how they have been pushing secrets. It's 10x harder to play around a secret than it is to play one. Secrets just get vomited out from MC or Mad Scientist, you get almost guaranteed value, and you spent zero brain cells to do so.
Maybe they just want everyone to play secret classes so the opponent always has to play around them.

Secrets are actually quite interesting in Arena where you have to play the mind game of what your opponent put down (or try to hide what you played). Sometimes they're silly "free value" plays like dropping a Duplicate behind a Sunwalker, but a lot of the time there's some bluff/counterbluff involved (especially in Hunter matchups).

Crazyorloco

I just started playing this a few weeks ago. I like how this game forces you to play the different classes with the daily quests. I would've just stayed with warrior if they didn't have that. I'm actually starting to like warlock and hunter a lot more because of the quests.

so right now i'm loving warlock, hunter, and warrior.

Neoweee

Truesilver Champion in Arena... when do you say "No"? I took four. 2 in opening hand, and a third on my first draw.

Feels okay!

tylerf

Wow I got a legendary in my Tavern Brawl pack. Nozdormu: "Disenchant for 400 dust within 15 seconds of opening". Seems like a great card.

Dahbomb

Can't believe Blizzard was able to make a Brawl that rivals the Banana Brawl in terms of shitty things people hate seeing in the game.

Dahbomb

I think the funniest play I encountered was someone actually using up TWO silences to silence both of the Boom Bots just so he wouldn't entirely lose his board to like 16 potential damage.

Fuck Blizzard and creating the fucking ridiculous Dr 6 do they even fucking playtest. The card is single handedly ruining ladder for me.

Make Mystcaller and Fizzlebang 6/6 and 5/5 if you allow this bullshit card to exist.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fuck Blizzard and creating the fucking ridiculous Dr 6 do they even fucking playtest. The card is single handedly ruining ladder for me.

Make Mystcaller and Fizzlebang 6/6 and 5/5 if you allow this bullshit card to exist.
I think Reynad was commenting on the disparity between the strong cards right now and the weak cards, even when it comes to TGT releases. I just never expect to see Mystcaller or Fizzlebang ever. So bored of the Paladin matchup, and the decks are actually starting to get better now.

cHinzo

Lol stay salty my MC-less friends.

Having lots of fun playing Priest in Brawl atm. The Auchunai + Zombie Chow + Circle of Healing combo is awesome as fck to pull off. Dont even need to have a board for it to get through enemy taunts lol. 10 damage to the face for each Zombie Chow. Add in those Flash Heals, Mindblasts and early Leper Gnomes and you're set. Easy 20+ damage combos. Also lots of card draw with Power Word: Shield, Loot Hoarder and Mass Dispel. Mass Dispel on turn 4 and Holy Nova turn 5 does wonders in this Brawl. Cleared like double Haunted Creepers, double Knife Jugglers and an Egg from the enemy Hunter with that combo lol. Then u can unleash the Auchunai combo on turn 6, 7 or 8 depending on how quickly u drew those cards and it's gg!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah we already had the Shredder brawl, I don't think we needed a Baron Rivendare brawl.

I think i am going to start hating this game with only getting standard packs.

I am actually happy to get standard packs as I need about the same amount of rares, epics and legends from every set. So running arena is great because i need all 3 packs. Also, what is up with the packs today? Seems like everyone is getting a legendary from the brawl pack...

Also, I just finished an Arena win and picked up Justicar, Pogchamp Kappa Keepo

johnsmith

remember me
I just thought of another reason Dr 6 is bullshit. It's so good that it makes mad scientist, a card everybody agrees is already too good, seem like shit in comparison that they don't even bother running it!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, it's because they cannibalize each other. Playing Mysterious Challengers makes future Scientists worse. Playing Mad Scientist makes future Challengers worse.

I get that people hate this card but come on. There's a lot of deckbuilding considerations that goes into running this thing. There's no need to run around like headless chickens.

I just thought of another reason Dr 6 is bullshit. It's so good that it makes mad scientist, a card everybody agrees is already too good, seem like shit in comparison that they don't even bother running it!

Everybody agree mad scientist is too good? I don't know about that. But secret paladin doesn't run mad scientist because it doesn't need to and it doesn't even really fit with the MC anyway. Paladin secrets seem to only have any gusto when they have several of them up at the same time.

_DrMario_

I've just played like 4 hours of ladder and I didn't see one Shaman, Rogue, Druid or Mage.

Couple of facetards, couple of dragon priests, couple of Secret pally, 1 patron warrior, 1 handlock and everything else was control warrior.

So much variety Blizzard, you are really good at this balance thing.

I've just played like 4 hours of ladder and I didn't see one Shaman, Rogue, Druid or Mage.

Couple of facetards, couple of dragon priests, couple of Secret pally, 1 patron warrior, 1 handlock and everything else was control warrior.

So much variety Blizzard, you are really good at this balance thing.

We really shouldn't have expected much, when they cant even balance diablo 3.

Haly

Auchenai + Chow + Chow + Circle = 20 damage the dream!

Everyone's playing stupid low attack deathrattle shit so Shadow Madness, Cabal Shadow Priest and Mass Dispell are superstars here.

Dahbomb

We really shouldn't have expected much, when they cant even balance diablo 3.
Diablo 3 doesn't actually require balance, it doesn't have a real PvP format. Solo class balance is acceptable in the game as a matter of fact.

Hearthstone on the other does need to be balanced.

KuroNeeko

Lol stay salty my MC-less friends.

Having lots of fun playing Priest in Brawl atm. The Auchunai + Zombie Chow + Circle of Healing combo is awesome as fck to pull off. Dont even need to have a board for it to get through enemy taunts lol. 10 damage to the face for each Zombie Chow. Add in those Flash Heals, Mindblasts and early Leper Gnomes and you're set. Easy 20+ damage combos. Also lots of card draw with Power Word: Shield, Loot Hoarder and Mass Dispel. Mass Dispel on turn 4 and Holy Nova turn 5 does wonders in this Brawl. Cleared like double Haunted Creepers, double Knife Jugglers and an Egg from the enemy Hunter with that combo lol. Then u can unleash the Auchunai combo on turn 6, 7 or 8 depending on how quickly u drew those cards and it's gg!

Aw, man!

I came in to post this same thing!

I played one game with Shaman, but switched to Priest after realizing

1) Zombie Chow / ASP hits for 10 EACH
2) Mass Dispel
3) Shadow Madness
4) CSP
5) Dark Cultist

I'd MC'd someones Rivendale, but he conceded before I could Zombie Chow him for 20...

Haly

Played a Mage with a clever build. Effigies + Duplicates = Infinite Value.

Shaman and Rogue are quite rare, but Mage and Druid both see a lot of play. I run into them quite often and so do other people I see on twitch.

If anything I actually see a lot more of those classes than I do Patron Warrior. Not that many people are actually playing that deck. Even Warlock isn't that common anymore which is great because Handlock shits on all the decks I play.

Paladin is definitely EVERYWHERE though. Like Paladin + Hunter makes up nearly half my matches.

Dahbomb

It's the year 20XX...

Grim Patron deck has been nerfed. Dr Balanced has been nerfed. Mad Scientist has been nerfed. Mysterious Challenger has been nerfed. Lots of new anti aggro cards introduced. Meta is completely different.

.... Except Hunters are still at the top of the food chain. Because Hunter ALWAYS finds a way!

It's the year 20XX...

Grim Patron deck has been nerfed. Dr Balanced has been nerfed. Mad Scientist has been nerfed. Mysterious Challenger has been nerfed. Lots of new anti aggro cards introduced. Meta is completely different.

.... Except Hunters are still at the top of the food chain. Because Hunter ALWAYS finds a way!

Their hero power is basically saying "find a way to be aggro pls"

Dahbomb

Yeah the hero power also greatly limits the type of cards and decks you can play using Hunter.

Something like Shaman would've been frothing at the mouth for Powershot but Hunters are like "Powershot no go face? Powersnot no go in deck!"
sm-orc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom