• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Why would any team pick rogue or shaman in a conquest format tournament, especially one with so much money on the line? I don't get it.

Santiako

maxresdefault.jpg
cmon

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why would any team pick rogue or shaman in a conquest format tournament, especially one with so much money on the line? I don't get it.

Because they're overestimating their ability to perfectly time counter picks i guess?

The only decision you should make is whether Mage, Priest or Warlock should be left out.

Warrior, Druid, Paladin, and Hunter are super good and auto-includes while Shaman and Rogue are simply bad classes right now.

EmiPrime

Because they're overestimating their ability to perfectly time counter picks i guess?

The only decision you should make is whether Mage, Priest or Warlock should be left out.

Warrior, Druid, Paladin, and Hunter are super good and auto-includes while Shaman and Rogue are simply bad classes right now.

Totally agree. They shouldn't try to be cute, just pick from the 7 strongest decks at that level of play.

Fireblend

Banned
Welp, I caved and just won my first game as Patron Warrior. The only card I'm missing is a second Frothing Berserker, unfortunately, but I think at this point my own inexperience with the deck is going to lose me more games than the lack of a second FB will. *shrug*

The fact that the Fel Reaver managed to get in 24 points of damage on its own tells me that the Mech Shaman was behind all game, which is generally a death knell for that deck anyway. The fact that he didn't really get in any damage from other sources was the problem here, not the fact that you decked him. You can't rely on a single Fel Reaver to do all your damage for you.

In regards to the Highmane rule, it kind of assumes that the Mid-range Hunter is not far behind. It's kind of like, if Highmane hits face in the scenario where it shouldn't trade then the Hunter will win.

Nope. The shaman was not behind all game. In fact it was ahead all game which is why it managed to get 3 swings at face while I was distracted removing other threats I could.

You're also assuming that he didn't get any damage from other sources. That also happens to be not true.

He didn't lose because he had bad draw. He didn't lose because I was ahead of him. He lost because I played it like a champ, decked him out, and survived with just enough hp to win.

Hell, I had several "I win" cards to beat fel reaver in my deck and never drew them. BGH, sap, eviscerate... didn't even need them or draw them cause I decked him out.

Cat Party

Yes, still on, but almost over. There have been a lot of "technical issues" tonight, really killed the hype and momentum of the finals unfortunately.
I'm watching. Just wasn't sure if this was a rebroadcast or something.

The finale weekend has definitely dragged on. Too many matches. I think single elimination would have been better.

sibarraz

Banned
With zero changes? I dunno. Mysterious Challenger and Force of Nature?

Druid needs the 2 Force of nature since when isn't a lethal, they can use it as a removal in situations where they are overwhelmed by minions on the boards. and they had a little more control with it that swipe which requires more conditions to make a total removal

Mysterious Challenger should be a legendary just to reduce the chances of dropping at turn 6.

Savannah is an OP card even for a legendary, but Hunter needs to draw him, and since his draw mechanics are not as good as they were before, they need the only big minion that is playable to be drawn by turn 6

Dahbomb

Savanna is fine as a 2 of. It's very similar to Piloted Sky Golem and every class can have 2 of that.

Void Caller could be a Legendary too. 3/4 Deathrattle summon a 9/7 is kinda insane.

Santiako

Maybe MC, Savannah, Doomguard, Ice Block, Cabal Shadow Priest, Brawl, Ancient of Lore. Rogue and Shaman get a pass because they need all the help they can get.

Pooya

Only in a Scamaz tournament can a team that's been beaten twice by Value Town go and win the Grand Finals.

yeah, I'm not sure I agree with this format. Nihilium/Tempostorm match should have decided 3rd place. Then the other two play finales. If you want to have that it's ok, but then a team shouldn't go straight to finale with two wins. Look how many games Nihilium played and how many C9. At this point Nihilium deserves the 1st place actually, they went through so much.

Just have each team play the other 3 in random order, then the overall ranking decides. this seems more reasonable in a league set up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Meta is too fast."
"I would definitely make these mid-late game class cards Legendary."

crazy.gif

KuroNeeko

He has some history where people suspect him of cheating. People on his friend list wrote things to him in a tournament final, and there's speculation that "hi mom" was code for Amaz (his opponent) having Leeroy.

see this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLEKpLfxCOI

Seems like a lot of players have been suspected of cheating in the past.

Reynad, Eloise, and now RDU?

I was down on Reynad before, but having watched his stream, he knows a lot about the game. That doesn't excuse him from cheating (if he did) in the past, but I think he deserves recognition as a talented player now. Having said that, man, he's really negative. lol

I wonder how he feels though when he's streaming with Kibler since MTG is almost always brought up. Must suck.

As for Eloise, I don't feel like she's particularly strong, though maybe she's been getting better. I think she got signed on more for her appeal as a female gamer and as a source of information about the Chinese HS scene. It's a smart decision.

Shame if the cheating rumors about those three are true though, and I hope they've turned over new leaves.

clav

Having said that, man, he's really negative. lol

I think that's part of his act as it's his hook for viewers. When he's away from camera, he doesn't seem that much of a salty person although he seems more like an awkward person.

All these popular video gamers have some sort of mentality that people like, so when the camera is on, they act in a certain way. For instance, who didn't watch AVGN or zero punctuation when they first debuted on the Internet? Think about what was their personality or catch theme.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Reynad just threw away 3200 dust on gold icehowl, lol.

Hey dude, you never know. He could be pretty useful in some sort of brawl or something.

Reynad probably does a tax write off on Hearthstone packs as a work expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom