• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Just saw someone make a great mistake.

I Harrison'd his DB, he uses Taskmaster on Harrison for no reason and then concedes. He was probably going to execute and just rage quit at his mistake.

Or he was going to kill it with BGH but realized he didn't have the mana because he weapon'd up first.

9-5 with my new paladin deck. Just clawed my way to rank 4. Thank god I did not see a single patron warrior on ladder, because I beat maybe 1 of 4 or 5 while testing this deck in casual.

I only saw 1 warrior, and it was control warrior with justicar. His own geddon, however, lasted on the board for like 5 turns so basically a pyroblast to both players. But I ended up getting exact lethal after almost not even seeing it.

For the curious (decklist)

CO2GSIRUYAAPddv.png:large

gr8 mechanic

The glitch with Unstable Portal and Flame Leviathan still exists, apparently. If you get a FL from UP then the opponent can hover over it and find that out.

rickyson1

I would pick QM personally. I think you're more likely to get big value out of QM than GC. GC is more likely just to fill a 2 drop. You'll get plenty of those.

the problem with quartermaster is most of the time it's just a flat out bad card

people don't generally leave 1/1s on the board and muster is a rare so more often than not you won't even be offered one in your draft at all so most of the time it's just a 2/5 and a 3/3 for 7 mana,that's pretty much an overcosted silver hand knight right there

the problem with quartermaster is most of the time it's just a flat out bad card

people don't generally leave 1/1s on the board and muster is a rare so more often than not you won't even be offered one in your draft at all so most of the time it's just a 2/5 and a 3/3 for 7 mana,that's pretty much an overcosted silver hand knight right there

It is only really bad when you don't hit any recruits and that is really rare. It also is generally not difficult to set up a 2 recruit hit. And since it is your first pick, you can draft in a way to maximize it. Garrison commander is an okay pick, but quartermaster has the strength to win you games on its own. So on the first pick, I would be more willing to take a slightly riskier but way stronger card like QM because I can potentially draft a great deck from there.

bord

Neo Member
Today was a pretty good day.

I just randomly decided to open a TGT pack and got Eydis

Then I resumed my 3-0 arena from a couple of days ago and finished 12-2

Bought 3 more packs with my winnings, and opened a Kodorider

EDIT:

I disagree with the bolded bit.

You need to consider that there are times when you're going to be using your hero power anyway, so it's not really correct to lump it all together as 7 mana.

That said, it's still pretty underwhelming and I'm not sure that it's better than Garrison Commander

Ladekabel

It seems like I can't get past rank 17 this season. One game my opponent has worse luck than me and then there are two games where I draw everything but the answers that I need while my opponent curves out perfectly.
And my Deathlords always give Dr. Boom on Turn 4.

Pooya

I started playing that hybrid hunter list on tempostorm, tier 4 whatever. plus Dr. Boom instead of one abusive.

?????
?????

PROFIT.

Patron beat. couldn't do anything.
Zoo beat. not even close.
Zoo #2 lost, he had two healbots??? wtf heal is cheat. Even zoo has healbot now and BGH!
Dragon Priest, destroyed. Chillmaw killed his own stuff lol.
Aggro Secret Paladin, won. Freezing trap on MC lololol
Combo Druid rekt. they can't deal with the second highmane.

Very good, maybe hit legend with it at this rate. Not far now.
I'm wondering if one Ram Wrangler is good to add or not. Snake trap as well. The list has one explosive, one freezing which have been doing work. I don't have snake so that's a bit of a problem.

It's a very good deck to play right now, games end quickly so it's not tiring to climb. Mid range paladin was suffering. Aggro Paladin isn't all that good right now and I can't play MC paladin at the moment, only have one MC. Not crafting any epics with ranked rewards now.

Highmane is the best legendary in the game , it' so powerful and it's only 100 dust. Then people say entry barrier for new players is too high!

KuroNeeko

Maaaan every time I try to make a new rogue deck its just very hard to get new cards. Some cards look like they belong to every rogue deck idk why... stuff like SI Agent, Preparation, deadly poison, blade flurry, Sap, eviscerate... its like in every rogue deck half of your cards are these by default : /

You guys also have this problem? Maybe Blizz needs to pay rogue a little bit more love. I hope the class gets some new options... its one of the least played :/ Also doesnt help that its one of the least played in WoW so people usually are "meh" with it.

Yeah, I only have one Prep and I feel like this all the time.

Rogue needs Prep x 2, Blade Furry 1-2, and SI: Agent for almost every deck.

Azure Drakes, Sap, Evis, and Deadly Poison are also pretty much standard.

I feel like Bloodmage Thalnos is popping up a lot (again) lately.

I can't believe that Skulker still hasn't taken off yet...

cHinzo

Woop woop, just opened a golden Baron Geddon. :D Since I already have the normal Baron Geddon (opened it with my first free Hearthstone pack lol) I prolly gonna DE the golden one.

Pooya

yeah don't bother playing rogue with one prep, you need both. And even with both if you don't draw plus sprint you still die so fast...

When oil rogue first showed up, everyone was saying that it has huge burst damage and it's very good you deal like 20 damage in one turn. Those days are looong gone. Problem with rogue is that it has very limited damage, it's nothing special now. You pretty much can't kill warriors now with Justicar, it's simply not possible. Patron can armor too much too and when you run out of damage it's over for you. The consistent burst of hunter is way better for example. And you have to hit everything which means right now you die by turn 6-7.

A weapon that makes you immune while attacking like the hunter one would be very good.

zoukka

Why secret paladin is broken:

Before you only had two cards that gave you huge card advantage after you dumped all your shitty minions to the board = Divine Favours

Now you have Mysterious Challengers which double this card advantage effect in the deck = a broken deck.

Xanathus

Why secret paladin is broken:

Before you only had two cards that gave you huge card advantage after you dumped all your shitty minions to the board = Divine Favours

Now you have Mysterious Challengers which double this card advantage effect in the deck = a broken deck.

The problem I have with this deck is that if you're filling your deck with these crappy secrets, you deserve to draw them during your turn 3-5s. But as we see from most of these tourney matches they're perfectly drawing Minibot, Muster, Shredder and such instead of getting dead draws.

FeD.nL

I just hope this doesn't set the standard moving forward in regards to making unplayed cards played more. MC is basically a legendary in terms of stats and effect. I get that broken cards will always see play and this is was the easiest solution to make paladin secrets viable again but what's next?

A Shaman minion that summons all elementals with "Rager" in the name from your hand and deck and give them +3hp and windfury?

zoukka

The problem I have with this deck is that if you're filling your deck with these crappy secrets, you deserve to draw them during your turn 3-5s. But as we see from most of these tourney matches they're perfectly drawing Minibot, Muster, Shredder and such instead of getting dead draws.

The deck is very consistent. You need either a shieldbot, juggler, secretkeeper, leper gnome or abusive in your starting hand and a few shitty secrets don't put you behind. Some of them are fine on their own (avenge and competetive spirit) and with secretkeeper, all are fine. You can keep Dr. 6 in your opening hand and if you don't see it, you are bound to draw one of the four draw engines at some point.

This kind of consistency is what makes this deck crush control decks, that can have horrible hands due to the end heavy curve of the card costs.

Pooya

I just hope this doesn't set the standard moving forward in regards to making unplayed cards played more. MC is basically a legendary in terms of stats and effect. I get that broken cards will always see play and this is was the easiest solution to make paladin secrets viable again but what's next?

A Shaman minion that summons all elementals with "Rager" in the name from your hand and deck and give them +3hp and windfury?

a 6 6/6 summons a random elemental. From Rag to Magma Rager, all are possible. Blizzard loves printing cards like that.
Overload 5

Rogue could really use something broken though, I'm not sure what it even can be at this point. TGT cards were a joke, maybe they try to make them playable now. It's so bad when none of them see play.

The problem here is paladin didn't need this much help to begin with, aggro paly was already tier 1 before TGT. Midrange still kinda sucks even with Murloc Knight and non aggro variation of MC deck isn't all that good actually. DF is the main thing that midrange ones don't have.. People complain about Battle Rage, this one is way easier to pull off.

I think there will be some more anti secret cards coming up next, there are too many secrets now and it's much harder to guess now. Even with hunter, it's not as predictable as before.

All of this is karma for all the people who doubted for a fucking second that this card wouldn't be good.

I've been playing the mid range variant, and I honestly still don't understand how it wins. My win percentage whether I draw MC or not isn't all that different. There are matches when the MC only pulls 2 secrets and I've still won rather easily.

Maybe Paladin secrets weren't all that weak to begin with?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Velen's Chosen is such an annoying card. Had a dragon priest mirror start where we both did northshire into wyrmwrest, but since I went second he got a chosen off and super buffed the taunt and I couldn't do anything to it for such a long time. Lost way too much tempo in the process of it.

Didn't run into a single Control Warrior (or Handlock, but have only seen one of them in the last week) today and breezed up to rank 5 with Dragon Priest as a result. Only lost to a Druid with a sick draw and a Paladin who opened Secretkeeper -> Coin -> Secretkeeper. Won 7/7 matches against Hunters, only one of which was remotely close. The more I play it the more I think this deck is favoured in every matchup except Control Warrior and Handlock (possibly Freeze Mage too, only ever played it once). I run Chillmaw and SW:p, both of which tilt the odds of the Patron matchup.

Phawx

Didn't run into a single Control Warrior (or Handlock, but have only seen one of them in the last week) today and breezed up to rank 5 with Dragon Priest as a result. Only lost to a Druid with a sick draw and a Paladin who opened Secretkeeper -> Coin -> Secretkeeper. Won 7/7 matches against Hunters, only one of which was remotely close. The more I play it the more I think this deck is favoured in every matchup except Control Warrior and Handlock (possibly Freeze Mage too, only ever played it once). I run Chillmaw and SW:p, both of which tilt the odds of the Patron matchup.

I actually have more problems with face hunter than control warrior or handlock with dragon priest. Well at least my dragon priest deck. I need a perfect hand to get past facehunter. Wyrmtaunts and Twilight guardians.

Minsc

Gold Member
Joust is so horrible, I'm 0-6 on that 5/5 paladin gain 7 health joust card. And my last joust cost me my Arena match because it didn't heal despite pulling a 7-cost minion, because... my opponent got a 7-cost minion too.

Ties being loses are still completely ridiculous.

I actually have more problems with face hunter than control warrior or handlock with dragon priest. Well at least my dragon priest deck. I need a perfect hand to get past facehunter. Wyrmtaunts and Twilight guardians.

Here's my decklist. It's on the more anti-aggro side I think:

2x Power Word: Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Twilight Whelp
1x Confuse
1x Shadow Word: Pain
1x Shrinkmeister
2x Wyrmrest Agent
1x Shadow Word: Death
2x Velen's Chosen
2x Blackwing Technician
2x Twilight Guardian
2x Holy Nova
2x Azure Drake
2x Blackwing Corruptor
2x Lightbomb
2x Cabal Shadow Priest
1x Chillmaw
1x Ysera

The Confuse has brought home a couple of wins where it's essentially 6+ points of damage to face, but occasionally it can do something else.

Heropon

Joust is so horrible, I'm 0-6 on that 5/5 paladin gain 7 health joust card. And my last joust cost me my Arena match because it didn't heal despite pulling a 7-cost minion, because... my opponent got a 7-cost minion too.

Ah, yeah. It definitely should try another time in the case of a draw. The time it chose Leper Gnome and Zombie Chow against face hunter still hurts.

Phawx

Here's my decklist. It's on the more anti-aggro side I think:

2x Power Word: Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Twilight Whelp
1x Confuse
1x Shadow Word: Pain
1x Shrinkmeister
2x Wyrmrest Agent
1x Shadow Word: Death
2x Velen's Chosen
2x Blackwing Technician
2x Twilight Guardian
2x Holy Nova
2x Azure Drake
2x Blackwing Corruptor
2x Lightbomb
2x Cabal Shadow Priest
1x Chillmaw
1x Ysera

The Confuse has brought home a couple of wins where it's essentially 6+ points of damage to face, but occasionally it can do something else.

Mm. That confuse is intersting, especially with Ysera. My deck is more control+dragon warrior. And I only have 4 cards that can deal with face hunter.

Right now I've been using a tgt'd eboladin and I'm at rank 8 now. Thinking of running a weird secret hunter w/ justicar and garrison commander.

inky

Mm. That confuse is intersting, especially with Ysera. My deck is more control+dragon warrior. And I only have 4 cards that can deal with face hunter.

I beat a Dragon Priest as a Warrior because I got Confuse from Nefarian and made Ysera a BGH target, lol.

Agreed, but everyone knew that going in. I'm more curious if Inspire will remain competitive in constructed after people are done experimenting. I'm leaning towards no. Though it's great in Arena.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Gadgetzan Jouster works pretty good in Ramp Druid.

The problem is jousting with a midrange deck.

The prominence of Dragon Priest means I'm laddering up real quick with Tempo Mage hehe.

I've actually been grinding them down with midrange decks. They only have Northshire Cleric for card draw and have tons dead/bad late game draws, so as long as you keep them off cleric draws they just run out of gas.

I like the dragon shell in decks in general since it offers you great board control and tempo plays but I think you want to be using it to protect another engine in your deck.

sibarraz

Banned
Velen's Chosen is such an annoying card. Had a dragon priest mirror start where we both did northshire into wyrmwrest, but since I went second he got a chosen off and super buffed the taunt and I couldn't do anything to it for such a long time. Lost way too much tempo in the process of it.

The mirror of dragon priest almost always is determined by who uses velen before

The prominence of Dragon Priest means I'm laddering up real quick with Tempo Mage hehe.

Weird, I always find the tempo mage a easy match up for dragon priest, specially if you had cabal

Shrinkmeister/Cabal combo can be gamechanging in Dragon Priest since there's likely to be low attack high HP minions on the board to steal. Usually, of course, whoever gets established on the board wins, but there are swing possibilities to beware of.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The mirror of dragon priest almost always is determined by who uses velen before

Weird, I always find the tempo mage a easy match up for dragon priest, specially if you had cabal

Yup, could have worked out better if I had whelp instead of northshire I guess, but man that's rough.

Shrinkmeister/Cabal combo can be gamechanging in Dragon Priest since there's likely to be low attack high HP minions on the board to steal. Usually, of course, whoever gets established on the board wins, but there are swing possibilities to beware of.

I LOVE doing this to another dragon priest playing Ysera. Instant concedes.

Danj

Well that was shitty, Piloted Shredder popped a Darnassus Aspirant, and of course Battlecries don't trigger from that, so when the enemy immediately killed it, I lost a mana crystal without having gained one, putting me a turn behind straight away.

Well that was shitty, Piloted Shredder popped a Darnassus Aspirant, and of course Battlecries don't trigger from that, so when the enemy immediately killed it, I lost a mana crystal without having gained one, putting me a turn behind straight away.

I got Darnassus Aspirant from a Shredder during the double deathrattle brawl. It didn't really matter at that point because I was top-dicking anyway, but it still kind of sucked to lose 2 crystals.

FeD.nL

Ugh these openers secret pally's can have. Redemption > Minibot > Coghammer > Redemption trigger + Muster. Luckily Geddon crushed him in the end because he didn't draw into MC.

a 6 6/6 summons a random elemental. From Rag to Magma Rager, all are possible. Blizzard loves printing cards like that.
Overload 5

Rogue could really use something broken though, I'm not sure what it even can be at this point. TGT cards were a joke, maybe they try to make them playable now. It's so bad when none of them see play.

The problem here is paladin didn't need this much help to begin with, aggro paly was already tier 1 before TGT. Midrange still kinda sucks even with Murloc Knight and non aggro variation of MC deck isn't all that good actually. DF is the main thing that midrange ones don't have.. People complain about Battle Rage, this one is way easier to pull off.

I think there will be some more anti secret cards coming up next, there are too many secrets now and it's much harder to guess now. Even with hunter, it's not as predictable as before.

Lol at the overload 5.

Rogue's are in a weird spot, I mean they have some broken tools and if pirates actually gets pushed with some decent minions Ship's cannon is probably going to cause quite a bit of anger on the ladder.

But I agree that paladin really didn't need so much help.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I think the bigger problem I have with Joust is how hard the cards swing based on the success of the Joust itself. Something like Master Jouster would be half decent if the Joust provided just a Divine Shield, but instead the taunt is also dependent on a successful Joust. Same goes for something like Healing wave. The Joust is the difference between seven health and fourteen health. Because of how these cards are designed you are relying on the Joust being successful just to avoid the card being far behind on stats/value.

Raxus

Healing wave and Tuskarr is the only decent joust card that still sees play in constructed. The rest are way too awful for words outside of arena.

It's a shame too since the idea isn't a bad one if implemented correctly.

sibarraz

Banned
finally defeated control warrior with dragon priest

I decided that I was blasphemous with RNGesus, so I decided to include 2 thoughtsteal and 1 nefarian just because I felt that I get without fuel when I facing this match up.

And I did well, I stole an Ysera, a shieldenmaiden, and that card that give +2/+2 to your taunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom