• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Banned
I mean, compared to most taunts in the game it has one more stat point than it should.

I just can't shake the feeling that it is a better card than people gave it credit for...

I think that is still a problem that he dies against truesilver champion, death bite or piloted shredder. You can even included all those minions with 2 attack plus an abusive sergeant

Chalked up a 12-2 in arena as a rogue with no bombs and just a solid curve with just enough tricks to either keep tempo or wrestle it back as needed.

Arena is so much more interesting than constructed, I wish they put more thought into making Warriors not awful there and not printing bomb minion cards like Murloc Knight at common.

I am so confused as to why you STILL cannot filter new cards and golden cards. This game is missing features that it should've had after the beta was over and it's so frustrating.

I tried the "new" search after I opened a pack... 40 dust pack.

Breaking news: Fellow midrange/control paladins, it can be done!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09_15_15_01_11_16.jpg

I've played 5 warriors on ladder with this paladin deck. 100% win rate. But I've only played against 1 patron warrior (seen above). 26 matches and only played against 1 patron warrior.

Patron warrior is hella annoying to play on low rank ladder because everyone is running random cards and not fixed lists, and those random cards can just blow you out. Patron requires you to know your opponent's outs to a play and when they throw a curve ball into your logic, things can get real bad.

It's somewhat better in 5 to legend. It's a great deck for grinding to a top legend rank because the lists are more consistent. It's really iffy as a ladder choice below rank 5 IMO.

Raxus

Patron warrior is hella annoying to play on low rank ladder because everyone is running random cards and not fixed lists, and those random cards can just blow you out. Patron requires you to know your opponent's outs to a play and when they throw a curve ball into your logic, things can get real bad.

It's somewhat better in 5 to legend. It's a great deck for grinding to a top legend rank because the lists are more consistent. It's really iffy as a ladder choice below rank 5 IMO.

Agreed but Patron still can perform pretty strongly thanks to it's inate flexibility and survivablity (assuming curveballs remain at a minimum). That being said there are other workhorses that can rocket you up to rank 5 that random decks can't compete with. Secrets Paladin and various warlock variants are great for this. As well as hybrid hunter.

Agreed but Patron still can perform pretty strongly thanks to it's inate flexibility and survivablity (assuming curveballs remain at a minimum). That being said there are other workhorses that can rocket you up to rank 5 that random decks can't compete with. Secrets Paladin and various warlock variants are great for this. As well as hybrid hunter.

I got up to rank 6 with hybrid hunter. It has decent match ups against everything except secret paladin. Hoping to get legend with it but I'm on a losing streak atm :(

KuroNeeko

As Control Priest, I'm losing less to aggro and more to big, mid-range threats.

Shaman Destroyer / Fire Elemental, Paladin's Balanced Challenger into Challenger into Dr. 7....

I just can't keep up with all of the threats. Shaman especially is giving me a hard time with everything from Totem Golem on....

Nice seeing a variety of decks even if it means I'm stuck at Rank 16-17(!) right now.

Ikael

Current state of decks (from best to worst):

Tempo mage - Because classics never dies, this is allowing me to go up in the ladder faster than any other deck

Inspire Priest - Surprisingly effective combination, one of my most efficient decks ever

Control warrior - Great deck, but you must play it really, really well in order to be effective. One of the most punishing decks that there are, IMHO, you can't afford to make a mistake

Secret deathrattle paladin - Efficiency? Screw that, I am having some riotous fun with this, and this composition really do play mind tricks with my opponents

Robo-Shaman: Extremely initial draw-dependant. Once I reach a critical card mass this is going to be reformed into a proper totemic shaman

Oily Pirate Roge - Since roge decks sucks bollocks almost universally, let it at least be entartaining

Face hunter: The opposite of oily pirate: Monothematic and boring yet very efficient deck

Druid - Most boring crap ever. Get ahead of the mana curve, start churning huge creatures, yadda, yadda. Not enough dragons nor beasts to make it interesting. Meh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
okay what the fuck is going on with reynad?

I gotta say, as someone that's finally playing Patron Warrior after all this time: nothing feels better than wrecking a Face Hunter with a giant-ass combo the turn before you'd die.

Acinixys

Been having a lot of fun with this deck

Its way more consistent than totem Shaman

You control the early/mid game with spells and healing, and then crush the lategame with massive minions

Ive had at least 10 Hunters/Pallys concede after I drop double healing wave and go from 10 HP to 30 in one turn
laugh.gif

Phawx

1rMQLa0.jpg

Been having a lot of fun with this deck

Its way more consistent than totem Shaman

You control the early/mid game with spells and healing, and then crush the lategame with massive minions

Ive had at least 10 Hunters/Pallys concede after I drop double healing wave and go from 10 HP to 30 in one turn
laugh.gif

I played against a shaman in casual that only had topend cards and was jousting like nobody's business. Practically guaranteed he won every joust. nothing but 7-9

tootsi666

Anyone know what happened with Reynad?

He is saying on his twitter that he isn't going to stream anymore?
I think he got mad at his chat and Text-to-speech donations being offensive. He could have of course just moderated it, but I'd guess streaming isn't that important to him anymore.

Loomba

Damn man, when he is in a good mood he is definitely one of the most entertaining streamers.

He just gets so salty so easily.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
If Reynad really wanted to he could have put the chat in sub mode and cut the text to speech donations, that seems a better solution than to cut streaming alltogether, specially when you get money off it. There are ways to handle the heckling, then again the heckling is why i mostly watch the stream
EleGiggle.png

JoeMartin

Damn man, when he is in a good mood he is definitely one of the most entertaining streamers.

He just gets so salty so easily.

It's all an act. I'm actually convinced that he's a relatively intelligent businessman because he just manufactures Jersey Shore drama and people buy that shit and his brand along with it hook line and sinker. He is printing money off of "gets so salty so easily."

Xanathus

Thought I'd do the climb to rank 5 slower this season because last season I hit it in the first week and had no more incentive to play ranked for the rest of the month which got me sick of arena, but now I'm already rank 6 purely from doing my daily quests in ranked :/

embalm

How is Arena treating you guys?

Before TGT I averaged 6 wins, but since TGT my average has tanked pretty hard. I've had 12 runs. 6 of those runs were less than 3 wins with 2 games being 0 wins. Three of them at 4 wins. The others were 7, 9 and 11 wins.

It seems like drafting a good deck is more important than ever. It also seems like Tempo is key in about 80% of the match ups.

Coketruck

Just had the funniest end to a game I've ever had in the short time I've been playing:

Mirror match, tempo mage. He's got 1 health left, I have 7. He's got a Mad Scientist, Spider Tank and one other five-attack minion. I've got a Mad Scientist, a barely-alive Water Elemental and two 0/2 taunts from playing Mirror Image.

It's his turn, and he Flamecannon's one of my taunts. All he has to do is kill my other taunt with his Scientist, then hit my face with his Spider Tank and other minion and I'm dead. Instead, he gets cute: He kills my taunt with his Scientist, uses his Tank and other minion to kill my Scientist and other minion to clear my board, then plays Rag so that, upon the end of his turn, it'll hit my face (the only remaining target) for 8 and kill me.

However, when he killed my Scientist, it activated Mirror Image. He plays Rag, and my secret spawns a Rag of my own. He ends his turn, his Rag hits mine instead of my face, and I use my hero power to kill him. So damn satisfying.

Phawx

Just had the funniest end to a game I've ever had in the short time I've been playing:

Mirror match, tempo mage. He's got 1 health left, I have 7. He's got a Mad Scientist, Spider Tank and one other five-attack minion. I've got a Mad Scientist, a barely-alive Water Elemental and two 0/2 taunts from playing Mirror Image.

It's his turn, and he Flamecannon's one of my taunts. All he has to do is kill my other taunt with his Scientist, then hit my face with his Spider Tank and other minion and I'm dead. Instead, he gets cute: He kills my taunt with his Scientist, uses his Tank and other minion to kill my Scientist and other minion to clear my board, then plays Rag so that, upon the end of his turn, it'll hit my face (the only remaining target) for 8 and kill me.

However, when he killed my Scientist, it activated Mirror Image. He plays Rag, and my secret spawns a Rag of my own. He ends his turn, his Rag hits mine instead of my face, and I use my hero power to kill him. So damn satisfying.

I enjoyed this.

Raytow

Did you BM at the end? please tell me you did.

Kornflayx

That feeling when your opponent has a board full of 1 Health minions and is out of cards. You need a Holy Nova to win and you have 3 cards left in your deck (2 of which are Holy Novas). You draw a Velen's chosen, and just lose.

G4Pyve6.gif

daemissary

How is Arena treating you guys?

Before TGT I averaged 6 wins, but since TGT my average has tanked pretty hard. I've had 12 runs. 6 of those runs were less than 3 wins with 2 games being 0 wins. Three of them at 4 wins. The others were 7, 9 and 11 wins.

It seems like drafting a good deck is more important than ever. It also seems like Tempo is key in about 80% of the match ups.

My average has dropped from 7.8 wins per run in the 3 months prior to TGT to 6.1 wins per run since TGT. I was closer to 5 wins per run immediately post release but I've been doing better recently.

I have a couple of theories as to why my average has dropped so much but I think that it's probably because a lot of bad Arena players blew all of their gold on TGT packs and started playing constructed with the new cards immediately post release and only the savvy arena players stuck around. Once the constructed meta gets stale again, I bet arena will get easier again.

Parshias7

That feeling when your opponent has a board full of 1 Health minions and is out of cards. You need a Holy Nova to win and you have 3 cards left in your deck (2 of which are Holy Novas). You draw a Velen's chosen, and just lose.

G4Pyve6.gif

I had a game like that against Face Hunter, although it certainly wasn't that late in the game. Dude filled his entire board up with 1-2 health minions, even split up his spider. Holy Nova would have buried him. It never came.

I have a couple of theories as to why my average has dropped so much but I think that it's probably because a lot of bad Arena players blew all of their gold on TGT packs and started playing constructed with the new cards immediately post release and only the savvy arena players stuck around. Once the constructed meta gets stale again, I bet arena will get easier again.

I've noticed a big uptick in weaker opponents in Arena over the last week or so. Today I even ran in to a Warrior (the first one I've seen in TGT). The first couple of TGT weeks were pretty tough for me, my average dropping to around 5 wins, but I've jumped up significantly over my past 10 runs. I think that with this expansion being much less Arena focussed than G&G (no early release to the Arena, no free run), your theory is probably right.

That said, I am absolutely killing it with Rogue. No 12-win runs yet, but my last 5 runs have all made at least 7, even though a couple of decks were poor. The marked decline in "buzzsaw" mages with a flurry of Fireballs/Flamestrikes/Polymorphs/Frostbolts/Water Eles has helped a lot in the later rounds.

embalm

I've noticed a big uptick in weaker opponents in Arena over the last week or so. Today I even ran in to a Warrior (the first one I've seen in TGT). The first couple of TGT weeks were pretty tough for me, my average dropping to around 5 wins, but I've jumped up significantly over my past 10 runs. I think that with this expansion being much less Arena focussed than G&G (no early release to the Arena, no free run), your theory is probably right.

That said, I am absolutely killing it with Rogue. No 12-win runs yet, but my last 5 runs have all made at least 7, even though a couple of decks were poor. The marked decline in "buzzsaw" mages with a flurry of Fireballs/Flamestrikes/Polymorphs/Frostbolts/Water Eles has helped a lot in the later rounds.
My 0 win runs were both with Priest. I don't think the class can survive on the TGT cards alone.
I agree that mages are far weaker than before.
I will have to force myself to try out more Rogue, I always avoid the class because I swear I get offered the worst cards in the game when I select it. I have picked Warrior over Rogue because of this superstition that Rogue is cursed for me.
My highest runs have all been with Paladin. The Murloc Knight combined with good weapons in arena is insane. A single Inspire from MK is usually enough to win the game.

TheGrue

Anyone have an issue with an NVIDIA card and Windows 10 where Hearthstone loads and you can hear sound, but the screen is just brown? I have the latest NVIDIA drivers. You can even move the mouse around (and it shows the little hand) and click on things you can't see. I thought maybe it was me using DSR, but put on a normal 1080 resolution and it still does it.

God secret Paladin is so fucking broken.

This shit should have already been nerfed.

Maybe if it was just Mysterious Challenger it wouldn't be a big deal but having to deal with shit like Murloc Knight and Dr. Boom on top of that is just stupid.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Patron has been untouched so don't count on it, Blizzard is the worst about nerfs and being extremely stubborn and sticking to bad decisions, they always have been
Patron is and never was anywhere near being broken in the way Secret Paladin is. Secret Paladin is extremely easy to play and maybe even one of the most forgiving decks the game has ever seen. Its effect on the meta and what people play has been overwhelming.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah Patron requires skill. Secret Paladin is just filthy. Keep MC in opening hand. Throw away any secrets you get. Vomit dudes onto board. Collect wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom