• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a famous guy named reckful? I just beat a guy with legend card back named reckful playing giants mage.

I played it pretty good for the most part! I procc'd duplicate on thaurissan first, and then on a gnomish inventor (that his sylvannas stole), which was unplayable due to fatigue and I dodged ice block by forcing him to draw twice into fatigue off an acolyte he had dropped to give more targets to my rag, then having rag beat a 50/50 to go face, leaving him at 1

It could've been him, I've played a few Trumps and Kripparians.

I mean, if you were over 25 life on turn 6 Hunter was losing anyway, Higmane hitting face or not.

Sorry to burst your assumption bubble but that is factually incorrect. I was at 19 on turn 6.

edit:
Also, how is a hunter losing if they have a wild pyro and a highmane on turn 6 versus an empty board? lol what the actual f?

Did you read my original post? ;)

It's not really a rule just like "playing Dr Balanced on turn 7 means you win" isn't a rule.

It's just a high probability win play.

Originally it was just a joke amaz said on his stream. Somehow it became something people said seriously. And you guys hate amaz lol

KuroNeeko

That feeling when your opponent has a board full of 1 Health minions and is out of cards. You need a Holy Nova to win and you have 3 cards left in your deck (2 of which are Holy Novas). You draw a Velen's chosen, and just lose.

G4Pyve6.gif

I know, right?

The wait is like the worst part. "OK, if I get a Nova in the next three turns, I'll be fine. No? OK! Two more turns, Nova or ASP, Nova or ASP. NO?!"

People on the train are starting to look at me strange because I'm Lifecoaching at my phone...

Miletius

He looks like he hasn't slept in days.

Nobody deserves that kind of shit. I feel bad for him, because while I think he's enjoyable his audience just makes the stream un-watchable. Same way I feel about Forsen's stream. I know people think that streamers like Trump and Kibler are boring, but I'll take that 10000x over having to endure any stream that allows text to voice. Hopefully he'll be back after the toxicity surrounding his stream dissipates a bit.

johnsmith

remember me
Nobody deserves that kind of shit. I feel bad for him, because while I think he's enjoyable his audience just makes the stream un-watchable. Same way I feel about Forsen's stream. I know people think that streamers like Trump and Kibler are boring, but I'll take that 10000x over having to endure any stream that allows text to voice. Hopefully he'll be back after the toxicity surrounding his stream dissipates a bit.

Turn off text to speech, and turn on r9k mode. There, his stream is fixed. But he'd rather throw a temper tantrum.

Miletius

Turn off text to speech, and turn on r9k mode. There, his stream is fixed. But he'd rather throw a temper tantrum.

Agreed. I think part of the appeal of his stream is that he has a reputation of allowing anybody to do practically anything they want in there. Maybe he's afraid that by disallowing that he'll lose a lot of his appeal. Personally I think he just needs to do it, and take the hit if there is one.

inky

Turn off text to speech, and turn on r9k mode. There, his stream is fixed. But he'd rather get paid.

fixed.

Pretty much why I always disliked his stream. One time I watched it and it was racist "joke" after racist joke and he was pretty chill. He fostered an environment that attracted scum and trolls for money, then gets bitter when they turn against him but still does nothing about it *shrugs*

*I think I really need to stress a lot of it weren't really jokes even, just nasty edgy comments posted by anonymous kids that suddenly get an audience of 30k people to listen to their garbage.

Dahbomb

Control Warrior gets the job done against Grim Patron but against Druids and Paladins it just doesn't cut it anymore.

Ditto for Handlock. Shit just doesn't cut it anymore.

inky

I got to 8 with Dragon Warrior. But that was in the weekend, where I guess there's more average players around.

Had shit matches against tempo Mage tho.

ViviOggi

how do u guys win with warlock in arena? i know it's not the best class but i like playing other classes for fun. ive got warrior mage and warlock right now and i hate mage but i'm gonna do it just out of necessity, curious what your warlock strats are though bc i get wrecked, tried cheap zoo, decks with lots of healing if possible in them, idk what do the best try and do in arena with him? i didn't have success with that or demon synergy but i mean its all a crapshoot really. hell yesterday i started 0-2 in the hole with a nice paladin deck with ragnaros, close games still, but then i won half a dozen in a row, just depends who you run into. but still i really hate playing mage and paladin and rogue all the time i like trying to have fun with the other decks. i've faced 5 paladins in a row before in arena. its stupid
Draft a low curve, grab lots of Warĺock's premium 1-drops, EVERY SINGLE VOIDCALLER, a handful of big demons (preferably Infernal and Watcher), and tempo removal > value removal. E.g. a PO is often better than a Siphon because it doubles as reach, and you want to close out games early. Some healing is nice but not required in fast Warlock.

johnsmith

remember me
Anybody watching strifecro? Patron mirror, he has 41 health. "I have a lot of armor, I don't think I'll die"

Gets hit twice in the face for 22 each time from 2 Frothings.

Dahbomb

Anybody watching strifecro? Patron mirror, he has 41 health. "I have a lot of armor, I don't think I'll die"

Gets hit twice in the face for 22 each time from 2 Frothings.
I wish I had recorded my one game against a Control Warrior where I killed him despite him having 60+ effective health with Armorsmiths on board. I had a spectator for that game and even he couldn't believe it.

I didn't think it would kill him because of his Armorsmiths on board but I went for the play anyway.

KuroNeeko

Good on Strifecro for learning Patron. He's one of my favorite players along with Kibler and Kolento.

As for Patron, I threw together a Patron deck to see what the fuss was about, and it really is hard to play well - like, really hard.

As much as I don't like Patrons themselves, or Grommash, but the deck itself is really a thing of beauty with how well everything synergizes. I only wish Priest had something like that.

johnsmith

remember me
The problem isn't even the patrons. The problem is frothing berserker. Make it so it loses charge if it goes above 3 attack, there, the deck is balanced, but still viable.

Good on Strifecro for learning Patron. He's one of my favorite players along with Kibler and Kolento.

As for Patron, I threw together a Patron deck to see what the fuss was about, and it really is hard to play well - like, really hard.

As much as I don't like Patrons themselves, or Grommash, the deck itself is really a thing of beauty with how well everything synergizes. I only wish Priest had something like that.

Yeah I've tinkered a bit with a Patron deck and I realized that very quickly.

I kind of gave up on it for now but I want to revisit it.

Dahbomb

As much as I don't like Patrons themselves, or Grommash, the deck itself is really a thing of beauty with how well everything synergizes. I only wish Priest had something like that.
It does... it's the Holy Champion Heal Priest deck.

Circle of Healing, Light of Naaru, Holy Champion, Cleric, Auchenai, Flash Heal, Holy Nova, Wild Pyromancer, Injured Blademaster etc.

Technically that 2 drop that pings for heal too but it kinda sucks.

That deck is also a couple of options away from being really strong. It's missing one or two win conditions.

johnsmith

remember me

Circle of Healing, Light of Naaru, Holy Champion, Cleric, Auchenai, Flash Heal, Holy Nova, Wild Pyromancer, Injured Blademaster etc.

That deck is also a couple of options away from being really strong. It's missing one or two win conditions.
It's missing a way to give holy champion/lightwarden charge or stealth.

Dahbomb

It's missing a way to give holy champion/lightwarden charge or stealth.
Exactly. Not only that but it needs another threat that players HAVE to respond to.

Holy Champion is just two minions. It's a huge threat on the board but people can just remove them if they need to and then that's that for the deck. Maybe you add in a Prophet Velen. Maybe you add in a Paeltress. But those aren't strong enough win conditions by themselves.

Grim Patron deck on the other hand both double Grim Patrons and double Berserkers. Between the two they cover a wide range of match ups.

What Priest needs is a Muster for Light Wardens. Or a minion that spawns itself when it gets healed (like a reverse Grim Patron).

Mulgrok

So many priests on the NA ladder today. Playing off and on all day was about 80% priests..

I pulled off a comeback as priest against another priest. I was almost out of cards and played a thoughtstolen Sylvanas so he played his. I power word: shielded his sylvanas and ran mine into it. Healed up my new sylvanas and ran away with victory!

I just had the best thing happen to me. Shredder dropped a shadow boxer. I used truesilver and attacked a boom bot, the heal goes off, the shadow boxer kills the boom bot, and the attack stops. It acts as if my character hasn't attacked and it didn't use a charge either. So I could attack again to heal again and that was legit amazing.

Of course the boom bot 1/4 hit me in the face.

Fireblend

Banned
Huh, I just beat a control warrior with my aggro rogue deck. I feel like I accomplished something today
KuGsj.gif
I am playing it on casual to complete a quest and I actually thought about conceding when I saw the warrior. Glad I didn't.

KuroNeeko

Yeah! HC has been an addition in my Control Priest since it came out! I like how it, and Light Warden, proc off Zombie Chow and Healing Totems as well. ; )

They're hard to play on turn 4 though because other players take them out really quickly - even with their 5 toughness.

Anyone happen to be running Silver Hand Regent and/or Mukla's Champion in their midrange Paladin? I'm thinking about trying it out but would be curious to see impressions/lists.

jgminto

I've been running Mukla's Champ, it's brutal if you ever activate it on board with Murloc Knight. Though it's more aggro than mid.

Minsc

Gold Member
Turn 2 dr boom. Fuck druids.

I think I've done that twice myself, both times it lost me the game. Once it was BGH'd and I couldn't recover (and they had their Boom around turn 5 with 1 innervate, and I had not drawn my BGH either), the other time it was sapped I think.

Duster

How is Arena treating you guys?

Badly. Although I'm not the best arena player anyway.

I just get destroyed by amazing Paladin decks, even when I had a pretty good Paladin deck myself it got to three wins before being crushed by better ones, on the first day of TGT one of mine did get to six wins which is a great result for me.

Mage has been shit, it feels like the card pool has been diluted and I can only remember getting beat by one strong mage deck. Most of mine have got two wins and have been lucky to even get that, previously I averaged about 3 to 5 wins with a mage. I'm going to avoid mage from now on.

Druid and Shaman seem much better, got both to five wins before the Paladins ruined everything, I would never have done that with Druid before. Others drafts have reached my standard three win mark.

Had one go with priest but the draft was shit and I got 0 wins, not sure if that was down to my bad picks or the cards I was offered though.

Loomba

I think I've done that twice myself, both times it lost me the game. Once it was BGH'd and I couldn't recover (and they had their Boom around turn 5 with 1 innervate, and I had not drawn my BGH either), the other time it was sapped I think.

Yeah, it's pretty much all in. If they have any removal/hex/poly then you are pretty much fucked.

Same with Innervate, coin, shredder. It can backfire really bad.

Tacitus_

I'm at 11 hp, opponent has some <=3hp minions and Boom. I have a hellfire and BGH in my hand. OK, hellfire first and

4 to face, 4 to face

Goddammit.

Had an interesting arena run as Hunter. It was an awful deck, with no late game, but I got to 6 wins.

The star? Ball of spiders. It really does a lot in arena at least, to re-charge your hand while also slowing your opponent down.
I'll probably try to make it work in constructed if I can get an Acidmaw.

Lumine

So guys, are we ready to call Paladin the new Hunter yet? :p

Seriously though. I really like my "Silver Hands" deck. Made it on TGT release day and it's been doing great work. That said, I don't like playing it because there's so many Paladins out there right now and they're pretty much killing everything. The worst version is of course secret Paladin. Mysterious Challenger is way too much. No idea how that card ever got through testing. Only Patron Warrior might be slightly worse.

Just lost all my Hunter games (60g hunter quest) both mid-range and beast to Paladins.

Admittedly I've also just been having real bad RNG this morning. Would've won at least one game, if it weren't for the bad luck. My knife juggler knives (3) all going face when there's 3 targets up and it only needed to hit 1. My Dr. Boom bots hitting 2 minions for 1 damage each while his did 8 damage face. Having lethal if King's Elekk's jousting won and gave me Houndmaster, but it was a tie, and so on. I really wish they toned down the RNG, not add more cards with it.

I had a really fun paladin arena draft last night. Won one game by going coin+Nerubian > lance carrier > seal of champs on the Nerubian > Murloc knight > mountain giant > boosted drakonoid, and another seal of champs on my Nerubian that made him 10 attack at one point , then the shaman I faced threw down that lightning storm thing that wiped the board....then I threw down my 7/5 stealth card and he insta concedes since it was like 28 -7.

That is the kind of insane arena draw that if i faced it I would probably rage quit and shutdown my PC immediately on lol

Acinixys

So I realised today that I have all the cards to play Patron

Its a hilarious deck

Turn 6 Emperor onto and empty board

Enemy plays Boom on their turn 7

I play Warsong, Frothing, Patron, Cruel Taskmaster and Whirwind on my turn 7

He concedes mid animation

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
techies.gif
techies.gif
techies.gif

The_Poet

Banned
So I realised today that I have all the cards to play Patron

Its a hilarious deck

Turn 6 Emperor onto and empty board

Enemy plays Boom on their turn 7

I play Warsong, Frothing, Patron, Cruel Taskmaster and Whirwind on my turn 7

He concedes mid animation

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
techies.gif
techies.gif
techies.gif

Turn 6 Emporer? You must be lucky, when ever I play it Emperor and both frothings like hiding in the last 3 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom