• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Forgot to screenshot this, but just had an amazing game vs. a patron warrior while playing with my "steal priest".

Used convert to copy a grim patron and at the same time I was able to clear the 1st round of patrons using mind control tech, and shadow word pain. Next he did a combo with warsong, patron and frothing.

I used faceless manipulator to copy his warsong and then used my patron to clear his board. Combined with a frothing, armorsmith and unstable ghoul that I stole using thought steal I went on to win the game.

x Misogi

After trying a shadow priest deck for a few weeks i'm about ready to scrap it. Either I'm missing something or it's just missing too much to actually work.

Haunted

I don't know why people are saying that Control Warrior has a better lategame than Priest when they can steal my Ysera with Shrinkmeister/Kabal, my Ragnaros with Mind Control and kill off Varian Wrynn, Boom and Shieldmaidens with a single card in Lightbomb. Add to that the unconditional single card 3-mana answer for pretty much every lategame card in my deck and the Voljin/Smite combo and it's the one matchup where I don't want to go lategame as control warrior.

salty.gif

Hanzou

I'm just getting back to this after only playing a little bit of beta and full retail release. I think I have only opened about 11 of the classic packs and 1 of each of the expansions. I feel like the the two solo adventures are expensive? I just play casually but for the $25 asking price I'd rather just buy 25 packs and open those. I could also save up the 700 coins in about 2 weeks but again, I think I would rather receive the 35 cards then a guaranteed 3(?) cards per wing. Am I thinking things wrong here?

sibarraz

Banned
I don't know why people are saying that Control Warrior has a better lategame than Priest when they can steal my Ysera with Shrinkmeister/Kabal, my Ragnaros with Mind Control and kill off Varian Wrynn, Boom and Shieldmaidens with a single card in Lightbomb. Add to that the unconditional single card 3-mana answer for pretty much every lategame card in my deck and the Voljin/Smite combo and it's the one matchup where I don't want to go lategame as control warrior.

salty.gif

Control Priest has a better late against control warrior
Dragon Priest that is the most popular archetype doesn't since he doesn't run mind control normally, and at times uses lightbomb

Pooya

brawl is another repeat, esportal is back.

edit: actually the image was portals but the brawl itself is webspinners, another mess.

Dre

Has Blizzard given up on Brawl already? This is not the first sloppy mistake they made. If they ever remove the free pack this mode will be deserted.

Pooya

brawl is already on life support, zero effort so far post TGT.

the packs are decent though, whatever.

1442417568-1.jpg

Al'Akir is a good card to open, I was never going to craft it but it's good to have if one day shaman becomes a class.

Heropon

Secret Paladin defeated in arena. He only had Avenge but even then I thought it had a good value as it made me play around a non-existent Noble Sacrifice. Too bad I was too ahead of him at that moment.

I thought this deck was worse than the Paladin deck I had in my last run but it seems that the "better" curve is more important than the overall quality of the cards. I mean, I had staples like Truesilver Champion and Consecrate and now my only spells are a Crackle and Ancestral Spirit. There's some kind of Dragon sinergy in there but I don't think it's as important as having pretty good starts.

Malice215

Maybe the lack of effort with brawls is being put towards figuring out a way to give us more deckslots. Or they're too busy having money fights at the Blizzard offices to put more effort into it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
VamSvWA.png

So i made this control warrior deck with a lower curve with double bash and double piloted shredders, i've been testing it and i'm not completely sure it's better than standard control warrior but i sure like it better since my version can fight for board better. Gonna test it more to see if it's not complete trash
naga-song3.gif

Xanathus

Oh man, world champion Firebat got esported at least 2 times vs Thijs. Unstable Portal into Dreadsteed, and Doomsayer coming out of Shredder to completely wipe Firebat's board. Hearthstone such a skilled competitive game.

Oh man, world champion Firebat got esported at least 2 times vs Thijs. Unstable Portal into Dreadsteed, and Doomsayer coming out of Shredder to completely wipe Firebat's board. Hearthstone such a skilled competitive game.

At least it was just Starladder. Firebat is awesome and I'd hate to see him get esport'd out of the Road to Blizzcon.

Dreavus

Just got a legendary but it had to be the fucking Icehowl. I don't have many legendary cards in general and I get this POS. Sigh

Feels bad man. He was one of my 2 legendaries from the preorder as well. I get what they were going for with this minion but he needs to be less mana to make him worth it. I know his stats are very strong but I don't see why he couldn't be 8 or 7 mana.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What if Taunt couldn't be silenced?

I think a fundamental challenge this game faces is the ability to completely ignore monsters and attack face, which is somewhat unique. Taunts ostensibly deal with this, however they are so easily dispatched by a 2 mana owl, or a 0-2 mana spell. Players need a more useful way to disrupt their opponent just rushing them down. This also strengthens a player's ability to resist combo/OTK. So make taunts stronger? Introduce an Instant spell type? Better secrets (Mirror Force equivalent???)

Feels bad man. He was one of my 2 legendaries from the preorder as well. I get what they were going for with this minion but he needs to be less mana to make him worth it. I know his stats are very strong but I don't see why he couldn't be 8 or 7 mana.

They don't want to make him better than king crush who people already don't use.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What if Taunt couldn't be silenced?

I think a fundamental challenge this game faces is the ability to completely ignore monsters and attack face, which is somewhat unique. Taunts ostensibly deal with this, however they are so easily dispatched by a 2 mana owl, or a 0-2 mana spell. Players need a more useful way to disrupt their opponent just rushing them down. This also strengthens a player's ability to resist combo/OTK. So make taunts stronger? Introduce an Instant spell type? Better secrets (Mirror Force equivalent???)

12246.png

Problem is 2/5 for 4 mana with the power creep is garbage. Plus Patron can ping off of it.

I like the idea of not being able to silence taunt but I think if that happens there has to be a separation between innate taunt and something like the buff from Defender of Argus but even at that point Blizzard would probably use their "it's too confusing" argument.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
12246.png

Problem is 2/5 for 4 mana with the power creep is garbage. Plus Patron can ping off of it.

Right but this is a weak minion because they overvalued the spell immunity (and it can still be silenced), yet the card still is not good. I'm talking about a universal buff of the Taunt keyword.

Heropon

And another arena run finished at 10 wins. Is there some kind of difficulty jump between 9 and 10 wins or it's just coincidence that I get steamrolled by crazy decks. This time it was a mech paladin with a stupid colbalt guardian and all the mechs he needed and another evil paladin.

I got golden Noble Sacrifice (salt in the wound) as a reward and 240 gold so not too bad. Shaman now joins Mage and Warlock as the classes that reached the 10 wins barrier and got destroyed after a somewhat easy run.

ViviOggi

And another arena run finished at 10 wins. Is there some kind of difficulty jump between 9 and 10 wins or it's just coincidence that I get steamrolled by crazy decks. This time it was a mech paladin with a stupid colbalt guardian and all the mechs he needed and another evil paladin.

I got golden Noble Sacrifice (salt in the wound) as a reward and 240 gold so not too bad. Shaman now joins Mage and Warlock as the classes that reached the 10 wins barrier and got destroyed after a somewhat easy run.
There can be a small spike beyond 10 wins but generally you start facing bullshit decks at 7. On the other hand people with more wins tend to play slower, value-oriented control decks with the occasional insanely cancerous Paladin, so if you're playing an aggro-control draft with good reach 9 to 12 is often a breeze.

I love playing aggro-ish decks with either a few lategame bombs or midgame burst potential, i.e. Rogue and Warlock. Nothing worse than having all those sick value 6cc+ minions but missing early drops and getting overrun by Shitty Minibots etc.

Heropon

There can be a small spike beyond 10 wins but generally you start facing bullshit decks at 7. On the other hand people with more wins tend to play slower, value-oriented control decks with the occasional insanely cancerous Paladin, so if you're playing an aggro-control draft with good reach 9 to 12 is often a breeze.

I love playing aggro-ish decks with either a few lategame bombs or midgame burst potential, i.e. Rogue and Warlock. Nothing worse than having all those sick value 6cc+ minions but missing early drops and getting overrun by Shitty Minibots etc.

I felt that the 7-9 wins matches were pretty easy but I think it's because arena matches are now more snowbally so even if their decks were insane I couldn't know because I was already ahead. All my loses came from losing control at the start.

My deck was this:

TwAYtR5.png

It didn't have many comeback tools except for Chillmaw and then it got equalized against one of the insane paladins. I hate paladins and their "follow the rules" and other bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom