• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I used Arcane Nullifier in my old Mech priest deck for a bit, and there were some times where it did work (mostly against aggro). Seeing my opponent pause or even try to target it with a hunter's mark made me feel warm and fuzzy inside every time. It could even be buffed by the repair bot.

Only two attack and being unable to heal it in most cases really sets it back though.

Auctopus

How the fuck do Priests still rope on the Unstable Portal Brawl?

"Hmm, should I play unstable portal or unstable portal?"

Must be the most pretentious players.

Haunted

Let's just agree all brawls are terrible.
600px-Brawl_(Gurubashi_Arena).jpg

Haunted

Anyone tried that Paladin Brawl-esque card? Enter the Coliseum? Is it any good? I know people pretty much gave up on mid-range Pally to play secret cancer.
I think it's pretty good! Depends on board state, of course

But yeah, as you say it doesn't really have a place in the current strongest Paladin decks.

Let's just agree all brawls are terrible.

There was one brawl I really enjoyed and played a crap ton of, otherwise it's a free pack I look forward to every week.

The real problem with brawl is that it seems like it is almost impossible to monetize. The only thing I envisioned was people buying a kind of "license" to a particular rule set with which they could battle their friends or hold tournaments with. Otherwise it seems difficult to make any money off it considering the only thing you can buy right now is packs and adventures (and heroes lol). Blizz would never dare lock an entire game mode behind a pay wall, but if they do, it will only continue its descent into obsolescence.

Anyone tried that Paladin Brawl-esque card? Enter the Coliseum? Is it any good? I know people pretty much gave up on mid-range Pally to play secret cancer.

I experimented with it in constructed and it is ok depending on the deck you run. Obviously it is a control card as you are quite loathe to lose any of your own minions on purpose. My problem with it is that if you play the card, you still have to deal with the threat on the board in control match-ups. If it is a midrange game, you might already be in the danger zone, and if you don't have an equality or peacekeeper to go with it, the pain train might be arriving into the station, just at slightly slower speeds.

Whatever you do, dear god, do not draft this card in Arena. The sadness is too real.

Dahbomb

It's a pretty solid card, reliable board wipe. Does a ton of work in Arena if you manage to draft it.

I think if you are running Enter the Colisseum in a Constructed deck then you are probably using Eadric the Pure in it as well. It pretty much only belongs in the heaviest Control Paladin deck possible.

The problem with brawl is that outside of the first 5 minutes, you'll be facing the one "cheap" deck over and over until like the last hour when people experiment again.

Blizzard need to be a lot smarter about what brawls they pick and actually doing things like only letting you win with a class once.

The problem with brawl is that outside of the first 5 minutes, you'll be facing the one "cheap" deck over and over until like the last hour when people experiment again.

Blizzard need to be a lot smarter about what brawls they pick and actually doing things like only letting you win with a class once.

They combat that with premade deck weeks. I doubt they will incentivize changing classes any more than that since it would only further punish players with meager collections.

They combat that with premade deck weeks. I doubt they will incentivize changing classes any more than that since it would only further punish players with meager collections.

Players are still out of luck if they don't have all the mage cards for instance, so I don't see much difference. They might get more of a chance if their opponent is forced to play warrior in a spell brawl. They might even have some fun.

Speaking of luck, I just won the portal brawl with Deathwing. The pack I got? Had a Deathwing in it.

Not bad.

I just had perfect RNG in the brawl. Turn 1: Coin + Unstable Portal for a Darnassus Aspirant. Turn 2: Unstable Portal for Tinkmaster Overspark, hit face with the DA, play Tink to get a 5/5 and prevent the DA's deathrattle. Turn 3: Unstable Portal into Axe Flinger (never got played), Unstable Portal into Razorfen Hunter. The other guy finally gets a minion on board and it's Master Jouster, but there are no minions in either deck, so he automatically loses the joust. I topdick Flame Lance and hit face with board. The other guy just concedes at 9 health. The pack was still terrible, though.

TS Reynad vs TS Hyped don't miss it, salt will flow out of Reynad regardless of the outcome.

So far known players eliminated in NA qualifiers

C9 Strifecro
Kitkatz
TS Justsaiyan

manhack

That Reynad / Hyped game was crazy on so many levels. It will go down as one of the most classic series I'm sure.

Patron mirrors always result is some insane frothing combos and crazy misplays from each player and that delivered in spades.

Dahbomb

everyone talks about the topdicks and they keep forgetting the juggles.
Also, the double 2-plosion wasn't exciting but it set the game up to be like that.
The Juggles were a big deal but again as you mentioned, if she had gotten more than 2 on her Implosions previously then she wouldn't be in a tough situation to begin with. At that point I would say the instances of bad RNG and good RNG stabilized each other. It's more important to note that her plays until that time were solid.

manhack

Pretty sure playing a "steal Priest" has been some of the most ridiculous fun i've had in the game for awhile. You still get zerged down quite a bit, but it is amazing when you pull of crazy combos. You can almost see the salty tears of the opponents as they conceded.

1. Already mentioned stealing a patron/frothing combo from a Patron warrior.

2. Just now I was facing a Molten Giant Mage and drew my kezan mystic/brewmaster combo to steal his duplicate/iceblock. Thoughtsteal gave me echo medivh and polymorph. I polymorph and duplicated his sheep and later I converted his molten giants and pulled his own combo on him and locked him out of the game.

Also, never before have so many people said "Well Played" thinking they had the game sealed and I turn it around on them.

Opiate

Is anyone else getting lag and buffering constantly on twitch? I thought at first my connection was just acting up, but it doesn't seem to be. Other streaming sites are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom