• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Wait, so they changed the brawl back to portals? Well, I got my pack on my first try with webspinners, lol.

Is anyone else getting lag and buffering constantly on twitch? I thought at first my connection was just acting up, but it doesn't seem to be. Other streaming sites are working fine.

I often do between 5-10 pm central for some reason.

Levi

Banned
vyXm6Uu.jpg

Anyone get a better turn 3 in Brawl than I did today?

Portugeezer

WTF, I used Unleash the Hounds and only got 1 fucking dog, and my opponent had 3 minions on the fucking board (and I had 4 on the board, so there was space for 3 more)... the fuck. Would have won.

WTF, I used Unleash the Hounds and only got 1 fucking dog, and my opponent had 3 minions on the fucking board (and I had 4 on the board, so there was space for 3 more)... the fuck. Would have won.

Last time somebody posted this, it turned out that they had actually played a hound that had been Freezing Trapped back into their hand for 3 mana.

johnsmith

remember me
Is anyone else getting lag and buffering constantly on twitch? I thought at first my connection was just acting up, but it doesn't seem to be. Other streaming sites are working fine.

Yeah, the site is pretty bad. Just dropped Dog's stream right now.

Blizzard really needs to re-evaluate Ironbeak Owl, or just Silence in general.

Mana cost is way too low for such a ridiculously strong effect AND a body.

I've said it before. The only card Blizzard should look at in terms of nerfing is Owl. I'm not fully convinced it needs a nerf, but everything else is fine.

Everyone complains in this thread about patron warrior deck, or MC or Dr. Boom, but none of that is broken. Strong? Sure, but not even close to broken.

I used to play Magic a long time ago. Trust me, you don't know broken.

Ketch

I've been playing mill rogue with gang up and cold light. and god damn is it so satisfying to stuff 4 minions back into your opponents FULL hand with vanish.

cool board bro, say good bye. POOF.

It came up on the other page but honestly the biggest issue is silence's interaction with taunt. If you silence one of my minions' effects then fine but innate taunt shouldn't be silenceable.

Moonlight

Banned
I had the most beautiful game of Brawl as Priest. Got a turn 4 Neptulon who netted me Murkeye, Sliteye Spiritwalker, Coldlight Oracle, and Puddlestomper. Next portal nets me Aviana, and I combo her with Divine Spirit to keep her on the board, then play out all my Murlocs for Murkeye value, and hit him to 10 HP.

...game gets stalled out by Eadric the Pure, but I draw Shadowform, portal out Garrison Commander which gives me a little more than exact damage. Concede.

The portal gods were with me tonight.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow. People are suggesting nerfs to silence in this thread now.

It's like we've come full circle. It took us over a year and a half to do it, but we did it!

I just got my first legendary. Archmage Antonidas. How is it?

Still struggling trying to build a decent Mage deck...or a deck for any class for that matter.

I finally have a small amount of dust to craft a few cards too. Should I do Unstable Portal since everyone seems to bitch about it?

And speaking of Unstable Portal, fuck the Tavern Brawl. I have a quest to get 5 wins in the Tavern Brawl and it's making me wanna pull my fucking hair out.

Pooya

I just got my first legendary. Archmage Antonidas. How is it?

Still struggling trying to build a decent Mage deck...or a deck for any class for that matter.

Do you have mechs? warper, shredder, chugger, etc. If not, just open a few GvG packs and you should get a few of them at least. That's the fastest way to a decent ish mage deck. Don't craft commons.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
why have I, for the past few days, not been able to add my recent played people to my friends list? It shows completely empty.

Sometimes, I just wonder how incompetent a company like Blizzard truly could be. They surprise me each and every time.

It's great. Put it in tempo and your win chance just went up
Alright cool
Do you have mechs? warper, shredder, chugger, etc. If not, just open a few GvG packs and you should get a few of them at least. That's the fastest way to a decent ish mage deck. Don't craft commons.
I have a few mech cards but I'm not exactly sure what makes a mech mage better than any other class with mechs.

why have I, for the past few days, not been able to add my recent played people to my friends list? It shows completely empty.

Sometimes, I just wonder how incompetent a company like Blizzard truly could be. They surprise me each and every time.

Been that way since the TGT patch I believe. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

I don't know why they haven't fixed it yet. Same for the three wins/10 gold indicator after matches.

Dahbomb

Alright cool

I have a few mech cards but I'm not exactly sure what makes a mech mage better than any other class with mechs.
Snowchugger and Goblin Blastmage are excellent class specific mechs for Mage. On top of that the Spare parts of Mechs synergize very well with Archmage Antonidas and gives Mech Mage a late game win condition. Mage also has burn spells to finish off the game quickly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not sure I understand the point you were trying to make? I was complaining about Nerubian Egg back then, not silences....?

No, sorry, didn't mean anything by it. I was looking through old posts where I mentioned silence and that lept out.

Ladekabel

Yay, Unstable Portal brawl. Most fun brawl imo.
But I'm stuck in a hotel with shitty wifi. At least I could get a win. Got Rag from my free pack.

Goblin Blastmage for one makes the deck crazy effective. Also the finishers with fireballs and the synergi with spareparts and Antonidas.

Snowchugger and Goblin Blastmage are excellent class specific mechs for Mage. On top of that the Spare parts of Mechs synergize very well with Archmage Antonidas and gives Mech Mage a late game win condition. Mage also has burn spells to finish off the game quickly.

goblin blastmage and fireballs. Spare parts work with your Antonidas.
Thanks for the responses guys. I actually just got my first Goblin Blastmage. Maybe I should craft another...

But I want that unstable portal.

Which card pack is unstable portal in?

Just had a fun game vs a druid after lorewalker cho dropped. I was running a heavy minion based rogue control deck. So I decided to protect the thing and this druid really got screwed by ragnaros in the end and had to feed me a bunch of spells just to delay dying to rag.

Minsc

Gold Member
How the fuck do Priests still rope on the Unstable Portal Brawl?

"Hmm, should I play unstable portal or unstable portal?"

Must be the most pretentious players.

After 4 or 5 games of RNG-induced loses (not that there's any other reason for a loss), I finally was playing Druid in the brawl, and got Noz, roping is a valid tactic. Play all your portals in the last second of your turn, and your opponent can't hardly do anything.

And to be honest, it felt less cheap winning by abusing Noz like that than winning legitimately off a broken UP pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom