• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sounds counter intuitive, but I dropped both polymorph's from my deck. 4 mana poly seems great against legendaries, but everyone and their mother running aggro these days.

I also don't think Fallen Hero or Justicar are worth it.

I'd also consider running 3 secrets. That way if you draw a secret you aren't boned with mad scientist.

I also don't love your curve. To many spells means at turn 4 you are SOL if you don't want to play a spell and don't have the lone 4 drop minion in your deck.

You also have 8 cards that are 5+ mana which are okay, but in this aggro game you aren't gonna be able to play them all.

PS: You gonna run into my issue that you want to run AI cause you need cards, but you boned in terms of value vs pali, priest, and warrior these days. LoL

inky

Wait more deckslots? Does that mean we get new classes or that now I can have more than 1 deck per class? If it's the latter that's cool because I wanted to try this Patron Warrior everyone is talking about but I already made a Control Warrior and I don't want to erase it. This is so confusing!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yea sure

Arcane Missiles
Mana Wyrm x2
Flamecannon
Frostbolt x2
Unstable Portal
Fallen Hero
Mad Scientist x2
Sorceress Apprentice x2
Arcane Intellect
Counterspell
Mirror Entity
Polymorph Boar
Flamewalker x2
Fireball x2
Polymorph
Water Elemental
Sludge Belcher x2
Loatheb
Justicar Trueheart
Sylvanas
Flamestrike
Dr Boom
Ragnaros

I've been considering taking Justicar and Fallen Hero our and putting a 2nd Water Elemental and Arcane Intellect back in like I had before TGT

i think you are right in cutting those 2 cards, double 4 mana drop and more card draw is key, instead of arcane intellect you could consider an azure drake for 1 more minion. I woudl also cut Polymorph Boar for another unstable portal, you already have 1 Polymorph you probably don't need more control.

Here's the list i'm currently running but to be honest is kinda bad, i'm gonna cut one gnome for sure.
P3ASXvc.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like to run a 3rd secret in spell counter. Works wonders if you can get it out early before Pali tried to auto play Muster or Hunter plays animal companion.

Plus I find getting effigy out to early can mean I don't get as much value as if I get it out later.

Miletius

Aggro Paladin was a top tier deck before TGT came out if you wanted to grind the ladder. Actually took way more skill to play too.

I forgot about Aggro Paladin. Guess that's true. Even including aggro paladin though, Paladin has 2 viable archetypes and a third that sees play from time to time (midrange). I just don't really have a problem with Xmas Tree Paladin when we have Mech Mage around. I don't really think Mech Mage takes more "skill" than Xmas Tree Pally.

For the record, I don't even have the cards to make Xmas Tree Paladin, and I'm having decent success running Midrange Hunter against them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I actually lived the voltron dream in the brawl. Mimiron dropped from Sneed's Old Shredder when I had the other two down already.

Took a break since TGT launch. Looking to get back on the saddle.

What are some essential cards I will need to craft?

Right now the flavor of the month is secret pally, which uses Mysterious Challenger. Dragon Priest is also strong, with cards like Wyrmwrest Agent and Twilight Guardian. Challenger/Guardian are both epics though. Legendary wise it still is probably too early, but Justicar seems like one of the better ones if you like Warrior and Paladin.

Took a break since TGT launch. Looking to get back on the saddle.

What are some essential cards I will need to craft?

Depends what you want to play but honestly TGT didn't add much that is essential.

Best in set legendary is probably Justicar Trueheart but even then she's dependent on class/deck choice.

Phawx

Guys, I have to admit. I do feel gross winning with Secret Paladin.

I've never gotten so many friend invites before.

Edit: Hey fellas, I've never been passed rank 5 before. Does win streaks get disabled after rank 5?

Edit: Hey fellas, I've never been passed rank 5 before. Does win streaks get disabled after rank 5?

Yes. You can win streak into rank 5 from 6 and start off two stars into it, but once you're at 5, no more bonus stars.

Raytow

800 dust for two MC, didn't regret that one bit, also used 800 dust for two dreadsteed, dreadlock is shit ;_;

cHinzo

Yeah the MC deck is fun as fck to play. Also, lol at the guy saying Aggro Paladin is harder than the MC deck. U don't even trade with Aggro Paladin, just go face like a Hunter with more sticky minions.

Inspire is a lot better in Arena then in Constructed because these minions dont die the turn after they are played or get insta bgh'd/silence if they are worth anything, Mukla's Champ and Kvaldir Raider are doing work for me

but everyone probably knows that

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Has anyone seen a Shaman during these qualifiers? Nope /shocked

Everyone bringing Patron,Handlock and Combo Druid how fun.
There's still Hunter, Tempo Mage, some Mech Mage, some Control Warrior, Dragon Priest. Shaman and Rogue are the only classes that really feel left out to me.

There's been a lot of Tempo Mage & Mech Mage in the qualifiers, which I wasn't really expecting. I haven't seen too much Dragon Priest (maybe twice), but I've missed a few matches. Patron & Combo Druid are the two decks that have been ever present. Hunter and Handlock (sometimes with Demons, sometimes plain Giants & Jaraxxus) show up quite often too, as well as the odd Paladin variant. No Zoolock or Shaman, very little Freeze Mage, some Control Warrior.

Haunted

I appreciate Secret Santa but Christmas Tree Paladin is still the best name.

I think "Dr. 6" as a nick for Mysterious Challenger isn't particularly fun or interesting. But sometimes things just stick even if they're bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom