• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Reynad is back streaming

He put the chat in Trump mode so hopefully he can stream in peace...except for those random donations that mention magic
EleGiggle.png
Anyway combo druid with double darnassus is incredible strong, i'm already rank 3 without much sweat.

Forsen is so bad at this, Scamaz is saying actually so many times and Forsen almost never catches it.

This might be the last time we see Forsen alive.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What's the preferred deck for Secret Paladin at this point, or is it not really decided yet? There seem to be some wildly different deck lists.

I have a bunch of Paladin dailies and Mid-Range doesn't seem amazing right now.

Raxus

I got the "win 5 Tavern Brawls" quest, what's the best class to use for the Too Many Portals brawl?

Druid, Priest, Mage IMO.

All have good spells that work well with whatever you get out of portals.

Worst is Warrior (I assume they don't get weapons), Hunter, and Shaman.

Miletius

I got the "win 5 Tavern Brawls" quest, what's the best class to use for the Too Many Portals brawl?

Generally classes that have useful, non situational spells. So, mage, rogue, druid are pretty solid. I tried warlock and got a copy of sense demons in my hand -_-*

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Not sure I understand how matches are actually determined in the Arena. If you have 2 loses are you put up against someone else who has 2 loses as well, is it determining skill level to match, or is just basically who is up next. I basically average like 1 win in the Arena every time, and its frustrating as heck even when creating a pretty sweet deck that I think should do well.

I will do some more research on it, glad I don't have to spend any real money on this at least that's a plus :)

What's the preferred deck for Secret Paladin at this point, or is it not really decided yet? There seem to be some wildly different deck lists.

I have a bunch of Paladin dailies and Mid-Range doesn't seem amazing right now.

The midrange version of it with Boom and Tirion is more difficult to deal with in my opinion.

Not sure I understand how matches are actually determined in the Arena. If you have 2 loses are you put up against someone else who has 2 loses as well, is it determining skill level to match, or is just basically who is up next. I basically average like 1 win in the Arena every time, and its frustrating as heck even when creating a pretty sweet deck that I think should do well.

I will do some more research on it, glad I don't have to spend any real money on this at least that's a plus :)

No if you are 0-2 you should be paired with someone who is 0-2. If you are 1-2 then you face a 1-2 opponent. Etc... Don't worry I average like 2-3 wins my first week playing HS. I made a few new accs for just arena (I save gold on my main to buy solo adventures) and on those averaging like 7-9 wins, where I can keep playing without losing gold.

So I tried argent horserider in an oil rogue list tonight, I kinda liked it. I'm not sure if it makes the deck significantly better, but it is kind of a nice alternative to ERF and southsea deckhand since it is a 3 drop that can also be used to combo later. Against a control warrior, it combo'd quite well with oil since he couldn't easily remove it. Reminds me of the good old days with argent commander + cold blood but better.

And unlike southsea deckhand, I so far don't mind running 2 of these.

Duster

I can't even start a match on the EU servers at the moment, it gets to the er... spinny opponent search screen thing and then the game shuts down.

bord

Neo Member
I look at a situation like that and I feel fortunate to not even have to try and fit Varian into a deck.

It's a pretty interesting card. It can win games on its own with a bit of luck, and then sometimes you get situations like these, where it's useless.

I'll probably end up cutting it. It's not really working out the way I expected it to.

Justicar, on the other hand, is exceeding all expectations.

Haunted

When Varian nets you that Grommash or Ysera, it's game-winning. But then it just as often puts out those important minions with battlery and you feel sad.

Yes, it's still a sick tempo play when you get that 7/7 + a shieldmaiden or Justicar, but tempo plays aren't as valuable turn 10 as they are earlier in the game.

edit: I hate it when I stabilise against Hunters and they concede immediately. They had their fun playing all their cards and rushing me but then they deny me the fun of playing mine and controlling the game. :/

edit²: and just after I typed that, Varian puts out 23/23 worth of stats (Varian + Alex + Rag) and my aggressive Totem Shaman board vomit opponent concedes

edit³: Justicar turn 6 is so strong that I keep it in my opening hand, even against rush decks (i.e. everyone right now)

Heropon

I was trying to get that deal 100 damage quest done and I try tavern brawl for a bit. After a terrible streak of the opponents getting troggs, thaurissans, questing adventurers and other broken combinations I manage to get a good board and then this happens.

This game hates me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Worst problem for me is when I get into a match of legendaries. I don't have many and people in the single digit ranks all seem to have the best legendaries for their class.

I usually lose that matchup. :/

NBtoaster

That feel when you think you've made a great deck but then only win because of portal rng. I want Dragon mage to work but it just doesnt.

Footos22

I was trying to get that deal 100 damage quest done and I try tavern brawl for a bit. After a terrible streak of the opponents getting troggs, thaurissans, questing adventurers and other broken combinations I manage to get a good board and then this happens.

This game hates me.

Lol oh dear

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow Anub-arak is actually really good in control mirrors. Like my Dragon Priest was completely helpless against it.

Yeah he has the same problem as Gallywix. Amazing control card but he doesn't fit the gameplan of Rogue at all.

Dragon Priest continues to be tier 1 and seems like Kiblers version is the best so far. I really want to see a good deck that uses Confessor its such a fun card.

Shaman and Rogue rankings :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom