• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Kolento is an exceptional player, what he can do with some fun decks on his stream which is a 'show' for people to watch and have fun isn't very relevant. Would he bring that to a tournament when money is on the line? No. he didn't even bring his control priest he is very comfortable with last time, he brought dragons instead.
Wasn't that mainly due to it being a team tournament (where other people counted on him)? I seem to recall him discussing it on his stream last week.

Pooya

Wasn't that mainly due to it being a team tournament (where other people counted on him)? I seem to recall him discussing it on his stream last week.

Well, I don't know about that. It's not like he doesn't like playing dragons, he made 'the' list.

I think resources like Tempo Storm's tier list are useful, but also have downsides, as you allude to here. They tend to create rigid metagames where only 5-10 decks are accepted as "good," and any decks outside that are considered unorthodox, bad, or purely experimental.

That is how I get my wins. Knowing all your opponents deck is a massive advantage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RNG is good when you can manipulate the odds or the variance is not particularly high. Shredder has some outcomes with crazy variance but there are so many middle of the road 2 drops that Doomsayer, Millhouse, and Cho are rare edge cases.

The worst RNG cards are Crackle and Implosion. They have huge variance with no rare edge cases. You can't play around them. You can't manipulate your odds. You roll the dice and what happens, happens.

This rogue... why gang up a dreadsteed in this brawl? This guy really thinks dreadsteed is stronger than an unstable portal draw? What a dumbass. And he did it twice over other targets like cairne.

ZealousD

This rogue... why gang up a dreadsteed in this brawl? This guy really thinks dreadsteed is stronger than an unstable portal draw? What a dumbass. And he did it twice over other targets like cairne.

Uh. Dreadsteed is a goddamn horse that is on FIRE, and it never dies.

Why wouldn't you want that hot shit in your deck?

clav

Maybe he's hoping to pull out a warsong commander + undertaker/frothing berserker from the esportal.

I've come to find that the best wins against druid are when you lure him into thinking that they can win off the combo. You fight for board over healing and they go all in on that combo strategy and then turn 9 comes (they've already innervated once or twice) and you heal and they have to combo down your board instead of your face.

I guess I need say no more since Cage has it covered.

vIheX.gif

Shaman. It's the most consistent class of the three and got a little better in TGT. Priest has a big upside if you get a strong deck which can actually get on the board, but that's less likely in TGT than it was before, and if you miss you can easily go 1-3. Warrior is the worst class in Arena.

clav

Shaman. It's the most consistent class of the three and got a little better in TGT. Priest has a big upside if you get a strong deck which can actually get on the board, but that's less likely in TGT than it was before, and if you miss you can easily go 1-3. Warrior is the worst class in Arena.

What about Priest with Deathlord?

One annoying loss in arena is having a Priest who has that and then later combos with double health.

ZealousD

OMG I got the Warsong Commander + Dreadsteed dream in the latest brawl. Fucking amazing.

ZealousD

What about Priest with Deathlord?

One annoying loss in arena is having a Priest who has that and then later combos with double health.

Priest relied pretty heavily on Velen's Chosen to carry them through arena before TGT, and with the TGT card bonus you see it much less thesee days. And you won't always see deathlord either. Shaman got a huge arena buff in TGT. Totem Golem is disgusting in arena.

Santiako

I just won a game by playing Hemet the god Nesingwary to kill a Malorne that had been taunted up by sparring partner. I love this Brawl.

Ugh face huntard also evolved with TGT. Who at Blizzard was like hey lets make a 2/1 charge minion with shield because face retards needed sticky burst dmg...

Haunted

I see it quite frequently. I have no idea where you're getting this.

I see it on ladder and I see it in streams constantly. Zalae uses it, and so does Hotform.
I play Justicar in pretty much every deck of mine that can expect to reach past turn 10 (so basically all of them except face hunter).

But I also love fun and don't much care about optimisation.

clav

Priest relied pretty heavily on Velen's Chosen to carry them through arena before TGT, and with the TGT card bonus you see it much less thesee days. And you won't always see deathlord either. Shaman got a huge arena buff in TGT. Totem Golem is disgusting in arena.

Looks like a 1-3 run with Shaman.

Should have picked the others.

I don't know why people don't complain about charge.

Edit: Now 2-2. Looks like this is going to end 2-3.

This is why I don't pick Shaman. People seem to rock out with their board clears when I get none.

I just did some testing with bolf. I really didn't know how this card worked mechanically.

So I had bolf with 1 hp, with a wrathguard on board, and then I used hellfire. Bolf absorbed the hellfire damage, and the wrathguard damage, before dying.

Not sure if any of that matters... still seems to be a very narrow tech card because of how bad he is in situations where your opponent can just hit face.

sibarraz

Banned
So na'vi created a hearthstone team with hoej, xixo and ostkaka, like na'vi so is cool to see

BTW opiate, I created the mid range paladin that you posted, so far I like it, I had to left justicar out because I don't have him, but once I craft him I will cut loatheb since I had never used him in my matches. Heck, I hadn't even drawn him.

About Ironbeak owl, is one of the most op and rage inducing cards in the game, but I think that is pretty balanced and works well with the meta of the game

Cat Party

All these Hearthstone tournament formats kind of suck. There's not too much strategy involved in picking your decks, because it's basically just glorified ladder play.

I would love to see one where players built their decks on the fly, and were able to more sensibly tech against each other. One player chooses a class, and then the other player chooses a class, and then they both make a deck (in secret). You'd switch the order for the next match. That would allow you to tech in appropriate cards for a change. And skill as a deck builder would finally come into play, as well as your knowledge of your opponent's tendencies and preferences. Would make for more interesting games, I think. Has that ever been tried?

All these Hearthstone tournament formats kind of suck. There's not too much strategy involved in picking your decks, because it's basically just glorified ladder play.

I would love to see one where players built their decks on the fly, and were able to more sensibly tech against each other. One player chooses a class, and then the other player chooses a class, and then they both make a deck (in secret). You'd switch the order for the next match. That would allow you to tech in appropriate cards for a change. And skill as a deck builder would finally come into play, as well as your knowledge of your opponent's tendencies and preferences. Would make for more interesting games, I think. Has that ever been tried?

Sounds like you'd be a big fan of Challengestone.

jgminto

Just got a Pyroblast so now I finally have a finisher for my Mech Mage. The rush to 10 health on turn 10 once you've drawn the card is pretty fun.

Just got a Pyroblast so now I finally have a finisher for my Mech Mage. The rush to 10 health on turn 10 once you've drawn the card is pretty fun.

You'll probably find that pyroblast is a poor choice for even mech mage I think. Most decks runs healing and the ones that don't aim to kill you before pyroblast is ever useful.

I do remember when pyroblast was quite good, but that was before it was nerfed to 10 mana from 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom