• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Control Shaman list is interesting. I've actually been toying with similar ideas as I think Earth Elemental could really make a comeback. I don't have a second Elemental Destruction though so it's been tough.

so what's the best website to track hearthstone stuff on? it's pathetic blizz doesn't do anything. i use heartharena to log my arena decks but i don't really do anything else like recording what happened in games or anything just the decks. i downloaded hearthstone deck tracker but i don't really get what it does. i just want to see my record and stuff to be recorded. i have hearthtracker but it doesn't track my arenas for some reason, maybe my version is really old and outdated but whats the simplest site or app to use for this stuff?

Tacitus_

so what's the best website to track hearthstone stuff on? it's pathetic blizz doesn't do anything. i use heartharena to log my arena decks but i don't really do anything else like recording what happened in games or anything just the decks. i downloaded hearthstone deck tracker but i don't really get what it does. i just want to see my record and stuff to be recorded. i have hearthtracker but it doesn't track my arenas for some reason, maybe my version is really old and outdated but whats the simplest site or app to use for this stuff?

Deck Tracker does everything you wanted. Deck statistics, game statistics, replays.

Dahbomb

Damn every Shaman deck in tier 4!

It's a damn shame because I truly believe that Shaman got among the best cards in the set (right alongside Druid). It's just that with Secret Paladin running around it makes it harder to play Shaman. Shaman is in many ways a less consistent Paladin class especially when you compare their Midrange variants.

That Control Shaman deck is the type of archetype that cards like Healing Wave and Elemental Destruction promote. It's even using Ancestral Knowledge.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just lost 5 times in a row with my combo druid that got me to rank 3, to say i was angry was a understatement

I WILL NOW FLIP THIS TABLE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
BabyRage.png
BibleThump.png
SwiftRage.png

ViviOggi

They're actually working on an API

Only took them 2 years

rickyson1

heartharena actually has a ingame overlay coming out at the end of this month that will include automatic stat tracking

http://www.heartharena.com/overwolf

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haven't played much ladder this season, but just went from 10 to 7 in a single winstreak with secret pally...deck is nuts.

Highlight was a paladin playing blood knight right into repentance for a 6/1, lol.

Haven't played much ladder this season, but just went from 10 to 7 in a single winstreak with secret pally...deck is nuts.

Highlight was a paladin playing blood knight right into repentance for a 6/1, lol.

better enjoy it while it lasts

they'll probably adjust mysterious challenger just like they did dr boom

lol

Xanathus

Xixo got knocked out by Houyon's Control Priest against his Secret Paladin. Great example of how there are counters to the "top-tier" meta decks but people just don't play them.

Dahbomb

Xixo got knocked out by Houyon's Control Priest against his Secret Paladin. Great example of how there are counters to the "top-tier" meta decks but people just don't play them.
Play Control Priest to beat Secret Paladin...

Then lose against Grim Patron plus Handlock/Demonlock or even Dragon Priest.

That's the problem of running raw counters to specific decks. It works in particular formats but when it comes to overall consistency you basically just want to run tier 1 decks.

Pooya

Any kind of priest is good against paladin, it's really tough to beat dragon priest with paladin and people play that a lot right now. Paladin has to build board and priest can clear it again and again, not just with aoe, big health minions with taunt and heals too. All you have against priest is equality and you can't afford to have more than one of those.

edit: he lost to patron even with 2x Harrison on Death's Bites...

Xanathus

Play Control Priest to beat Secret Paladin...

Then lose against Grim Patron plus Handlock/Demonlock or even Dragon Priest.

That's the problem of running raw counters to specific decks. It works in particular formats but when it comes to overall consistency you basically just want to run tier 1 decks.

Every deck has a counter to it. Control Priest is not only favored against all Paladin decks, it's also favored against Shaman, Control Warrior, Zoolock, possibly Midrange Hunter, possibly Tempo and Mech Mage. Houyon's double Lightbomb also gave Xixo's Handlock a hard time and could have won if he did not overdraw the Circle of Healing.

Tacitus_

Hmm, I wonder what to craft next. Out of the useful cards I'm missing are some epics for classes I don't use, Harrison, Alex and Ysera and and some random neutral epics. And the new epics & legendaries, but they don't really seem that must-have.

G.ZZZ

Quintus Fabius Maximus created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent by retreating over and over without engaging in battle. We like having a variety of war types but running away is not very fun or interactive

r9k created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat the filter by adding random spaces and numbers to the pasta. We like having a variety of chat types but taking not being able to spam is not very fun or interactive

I love fucking twitch chat.

Quintus Fabius Maximus created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent by retreating over and over without engaging in battle. We like having a variety of war types but running away is not very fun or interactive

r9k created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat the filter by adding random spaces and numbers to the pasta. We like having a variety of chat types but taking not being able to spam is not very fun or interactive

I love fucking twitch chat.

Obama created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent by retreating over and over without engaging in battle. We like having a variety of war types but running away is not very fun or interactive

Dis game. I was having a terrible streak of bad luck so I built a dumb annoying priest control deck with doomsayers, nerubian weblords, mana wraith etc for fun and won 5 out of 6. Think I'll call it a day.

Lyng

Dis game. I was having a terrible streak of bad luck so I built a dumb annoying priest control deck with doomsayers, nerubian weblords, mana wraith etc for fun and won 5 out of 6. Think I'll call it a day.

Brilliant! Nothing better then being rewarded for thinking out of the box.

Dahbomb

Every deck has a counter to it. Control Priest is not only favored against all Paladin decks, it's also favored against Shaman, Control Warrior, Zoolock, possibly Midrange Hunter, possibly Tempo and Mech Mage. Houyon's double Lightbomb also gave Xixo's Handlock a hard time and could have won if he did not overdraw the Circle of Healing.
I think my problem is that raw control decks aren't going to be insanely dominant in the game because of their lack of strong win conditions.

Control Warrior is on the cusp because it at least has Alex + Grom combo win condition to finish out games fast if needed. And even Control Warrior isn't seeing a ton of play lately.

In general though you can't give the opponent too long of a time to fish for their win conditions. You can't play pure control against Patron decks... you need early aggression to force a response from them. It's similar against Druids as well, you can't just sit there passing turns with hero power anymore. Same against something like Freeze Mage.

It's why Dragon Priest does so much better than other Priest archetypes. It's not reactive and it puts out threats that need to be answered.

Pooya

My Light's Justice gets Harrison'd every damn game now.... and I divine favor off of it lol. Even mages have Harrison now. I appreciate they don't pull it on Truesilver or coghammer,

Probably the second best legendary to get right now.

Owzers

What about...kidnapper, anima golem x2, and mech giant? Seems like the worst giant but his mechness keeps him from dusted. I'm trying to craft a decent paladin deck since even if I get black rock I'm still missing a few for dragon priest...no ysera, light bomb, confessor, twilight guardian, azure drake. My good tgt draw was a gold mysterious challenger and regular chillmaw, so it was between those two

Dahbomb

What about...kidnapper, anima golem x2, and mech giant? Seems like the worst giant but his mechness keeps him from dusted. I'm trying to craft a decent paladin deck since even if I get black rock I'm still missing a few for dragon priest...no ysera, light bomb, confessor, twilight guardian, azure drake. My good tgt draw was a gold mysterious challenger and regular chillmaw, so it was between those two
What Mech Giant? You mean Fel Reaver? That's actually usable. Anima Golem is definitely garbage though.

If it's Clockwork Giant then you can dust it.

Mech giant = Clockwork Giant I assume? If so you can probably dust it, it's not used in any decks and probably won't be unless somehow Handlock becomes a ridiculous percentage of the meta. If it's Fel Reaver though, don't dust it.

Kidnapper and Anima Golem are probably safe to dust as well.

Owzers

Mech giant = Clockwork Giant I assume? If so you can probably dust it, it's not used in any decks and probably won't be unless somehow Handlock becomes a ridiculous percentage of the meta. If it's Fel Reaver though, don't dust it.

Kidnapper and Anima Golem are probably safe to dust as well.

Yeah, clockwork giant, I remember that now. I've tried playing Anima before just because of stats but mostly failed when they silence or kill everything else and it dies. I was thinking if i crafted a dreadsteed that would go well together which is the only thing that kept it from dust. I did dust my poison blade as recommended, now i'm up to 2400 dust.

Duster

I figured it was time to return to the ladder for the monthly reward so crafted Dr6 or whatever it's called so I didn't just have to rely on Mech Mage.
Unfortunately I did that without checking my secrets, turns out avenge is in the last wing on Naxx which I'm not going to get any time soon, well that was good use of dust.

On the plus side I didn't realise that +1/+1 secret existed and it's proved quite useful getting me from rank 20 to 17.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Secret Paladin™

Because why the hell would you play anything else?

inky

Secret Paladin™

Seriously. I got tired of going 50/50 with my Dragon Warrior and facing nothing but Paladins or the odd Priest, so I just switched to one random secret crap and went on a win streak. Disgusting.

Like, when I win my opponent barely knows what happened, and when I lost at least it was over quickly.

Xanathus

Secret Paladin™

I'd argue that pre-TGT aggro paladin is actually more consistent on ladder because you're more likely to curve out well and have more stickier minions. You also wreck the people teching against secrets.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, clockwork giant, I remember that now. I've tried playing Anima before just because of stats but mostly failed when they silence or kill everything else and it dies. I was thinking if i crafted a dreadsteed that would go well together which is the only thing that kept it from dust. I did dust my poison blade as recommended, now i'm up to 2400 dust.

Yeah, I'm personally really stingy with dust and keep around stuff like Anima Golem since you never know when a card will be printed that makes it relevant(like dreadsteed...kinda?), I could see it getting fringe play in the future sometime. But some cards are so bad it doesn't matter(like Millhouse), and I'd probably say Clockwork Giant is there. Even though mill isn't great, even when more people tried to get it to work I don't recall it even getting played in them.

I'd argue that pre-TGT aggro paladin is actually more consistent on ladder because you're more likely to curve out well and have more stickier minions. You also wreck the people teching against secrets.

I would agree strictly speaking aggrowise as the secret one feels like it can have a lot more go wrong even if it wins really hard when it clicks, but I find the midrange one to be the one to play. Capable of strong aggro starts, still has stuff like shredder and kings, and the times you hold a board and drop challenger along with boom or tirion to follow it just gets disgusting.

Tacitus_

Motherfucker, I thought I'd ran into some weird ass patron variant when they had a sparring partner in the deck.

Nah, it was some weird ass control warrior with frothing in it. They dropped varian which drew a sylvanas and KT :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom