• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Reynad.

not4or6m.png

Santiako

Flamewaker is so godly

░░░░░░░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░░████▀▀▀███▄░░░░░░
░░░▄▄█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█▌░░░░░
░░▐██▒▄■▀▒▒▒▀■▄██░░░░░
░░▐██▒▒▄▄▌▒▐▄▄▒▐█▌░░░░
░░░██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌░░░░
░░░██▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▒▒▒▒█▌░░░░
░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░▓▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▐█▌▒▒▐█▌░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀████▀░░░░░░░░░

The only legendaries i've pulled have been ysera, malygos, and mistcaller....just got a mistcaller from an arena pack -_-

good news is that 400 was what i needed to craft boom, so all of my decks except facehunter and patron got significantly stronger. i noticed with my warlock that the curve is much better, use a lot of deathrattle summon minions and knife jugglers, sludge thaussian and boom were right there for those turns last game, my turn 7 boom (and power overwhelming and another 2 mana card thanks to thauss) caused the priest i was facing to concede even though i had been down to 4 life compared to his 26 at the time lol, love the way that class plays now even if i don't pull my heals there's a good enough curve and firepower to take people out anyway

Miletius

Enjoying watching the Reigonals this weekend while doing some work. Can't seem to find out if the event @Folsom street is closed to the public or not. Blizzard still has a long way to go with tournament organization.

tylerf

Feels so dirty to dump your hand full of low drops and then draw like 6 cards from Divine Favor on turn 5 to pull Mysterious Challenger, Dr Boom, and Tirion for the next 3 turns.

Dahbomb

I think TGT is going to be looked back on as a low quality expansion
I don't know what "low quality" means here. If you mean in the sense that the mechanics that they tried to introduced failed miserably (Inspire and Joust) then yeah it's a low quality expansion but in terms of introducing new deck archetypes (Dragon Priest, Secret Paladin etc) while also bolstering existing decks (Druid with Darnassus, CW with Justicar) I would say it did some work.

Just the fact that this expansion made garbage cards like Secret Keeper and Repentance usable means that it has some redeemable qualities. Hell it even made Sacrificial Pact usable in a Dreadsteed deck. That is a crazy accomplishment.

I don't know what "low quality" means here. If you mean in the sense that the mechanics that they tried to introduced failed miserably (Inspire and Joust) then yeah it's a low quality expansion but in terms of introducing new deck archetypes (Dragon Priest, Secret Paladin etc) while also bolstering existing decks (Druid with Darnassus, CW with Justicar) I would say it did some work.

Just the fact that this expansion made garbage cards like Secret Keeper and Repentance usable means that it has some redeemable qualities. Hell it even made Sacrificial Pact usable in a Dreadsteed deck. That is a crazy accomplishment.

The new mechanics are currently crap, most of the legendaries are not being used (I just removed Varian from my CW deck because it just sat in my hand too damn much), and outside of a handful of cards, the rest are not really necessary. I also don't think making cards playable in gimmick decks is a major accomplishment.

You could make the argument that BRM did just as much if not more with a fraction of the cards. Patron is just as big a game changer as MC if not bigger (I think bigger). Emperor Thaurissan is so much better than any legendary in TGT that it's not even close. Flamewaker helped usher in the new era of tempo mage. Cards like Quick Shot and Imp Gang Boss helped bolster existing decks.

Also, when they release massive expansions like this, a class should not be completely shit on like Rogue was.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Inspire is a fine mechanic. Just because not every inspire card is a winner doesn't mean it's a bad. I would like to see it for other cards in the future.

Miletius

Murloc Knight should have been a Shaman card

Or Pirate Kinght should have been a Rogue card. If they are going to make Pirate work they should have included a whole bunch more pirates, actually. Maybe that should be their next adventure. Booty Bay and Kezan or something like that. I know they already did Goblins and Gnomes but eh...

Dahbomb

Inspire is a fine mechanic. Just because not every inspire card is a winner doesn't mean it's a bad. I would like to see it for other cards in the future.
Inspire is a fine mechanic (just like Battlecry/Deathrattle etc) but the cards they printed with Inspire aren't good enough (outside Arena of course, in Arena Inspire is really strong). At least a vast a majority of them aren't. More importantly outside of Justicar the cards that impact hero powers are also not that great.

So cards like Garrison Commander, Maiden of the Lake, Coldarra Drake, Fencing Coach etc. are not being used at all. I am not even talking about like tier 1 decks but even as low as tier 4/tier 5 decks aren't using these cards.

Out of the Inspire cards I feel these cards are either being used currently at a high enough play or are good enough to be played eventually:

Thunderbuff Valiant (Shaman sucks right now but this card is undeniably good)
Savage Combatant (currently being used, obviously a good card)
Murloc Knight (probably the card that surprised the most people including myself, this card is definitely good)
Confessor Paeltress (Chinese top players are using it in their Dragon decks, card is pretty decent overall)
Nexus Champion Saraad (IMO it's actually usable in Tempo Mage to gain additional spells in the late game, given the recent Tempo Mage list apparently some top players are trying it out too)
Frost Giant (usable in Echo Giants Mage. Not an Inspire card but a card that is impacted by using hero powers a lot)
Silverhand Regent (decent card in Token Paladin deck)

There are other Inspire cards that I feel are good if the right decks become strong enough like that Priest 5/4 that deals damage on Inspire. It's obviously a Shadow Priest deck staple card, problem is that Shadow Priest isn't good enough yet so it won't see play (much like Control Hunter isn't a thing so Dreadscale and Powershot don't see play despite obviously being good cards).

Overall this expansion had less of an impact than GvG where a good majority of cards that were introduced were Mechs (or Mech synergy cards) and many of them ended up being very strong even to this date.

I wouldn't call it a failure or even Inspire a failure... but it should've done a bit more. I guess too many cards were just too fair and balanced for them to make impact on Constructed play.

Dahbomb

Guys. Guys.

Hold on.

What the fuck? Did they not fix this? Not the first time I've been OTK at full health on an empty board by a warrior but come the fuck on.
It's using the nerfed Charge card.

The old OTK combo used to work with Warsong Commander because it gave all of your minions charge regardless of their attack. After that they used to have a 0 mana Charge card which allowed you to do stuff like Alex then give Charge to Alex to first reduce the opponent's HP to 15, then hit them with one hit of Gorehowl that you prepped a turn previously and then kill with Alex with charge.

The deck you got worked against is a gimmick deck right now.

i'm still pissed

It's using the nerfed Charge card.

The old OTK combo used to work with Warsong Commander because it gave all of your minions charge regardless of their attack. After that they used to have a 0 mana Charge card which allowed you to do stuff like Alex then give Charge to Alex to first reduce the opponent's HP to 15, then hit them with one hit of Gorehowl that you prepped a turn previously and then kill with Alex with charge.

The deck you got worked against is a gimmick deck right now.

Ok that sounds way worse. Just not fond of losing to something I had zero control of. At least it was a rather uncommon occurrence aside from a lucky Malygos Shaman or a Freeze Mage but Patron has made it way more common

Dahbomb

Ok that sounds way worse. Just not fond of losing to something I had zero control of. At least it was a rather uncommon occurrence aside from a lucky Malygos Shaman or a Freeze Mage but Patron has made it way more common
You had control over it, they don't have the OTK if their health is high just like against Handlock. It's very reliant on low health to do the Molten OTK.

Your mistake was not recognizing the deck he was playing though that's understandable as it's a very uncommon deck.

bjaelke

Dragon Priest continues to be tier 1 and seems like Kiblers version is the best so far. I really want to see a good deck that uses Confessor its such a fun card.

Shaman and Rogue rankings :(

Control Priest is a good deck and does occasionally run Confessor Paletress.

Mech Priest will eventually be competitive. I wish.

Constructed: GVG > TGT
Arena: TGT > GVG

It isn't that awful overall, but it has been mediocre at best and the latest tournaments pretty much show that. Giving us secret paladin, which isn't even better than the old paladin and dragon priest which has gone from good but not great to good but not great isn't all that special.

Sacrificial pact? That was a fun, crazy 2 and a half hours when it got some play, but I don't think that should be the benchmark.

But then again, there isn't a whole lot else they can do with the current heroes and cards. The next expansion would need to add a new hero to really mix things up in constructed again. For now, I'm glad that Arena is more interesting and you seem to have a more consistently good deck, which rewards better players.

Dahbomb

Not every card is meant for tier 1 level of play. If a card is usable or on the cusp then it's fine. Just because a card is not seeing play right now in a very specific current meta doesn't mean a card is bad.

Dragon Priest was never good, not even close before. It got a significant boost in TGT to the point of being really solid. You are grossly underestimating the boost that archetype got in this expansion.

Pooya

Aggro Paladin is still good but definitely not as good as last month. One of the best match ups were all the combo druids but now they have early games. Warriors have tank up now and now the popularity of dragon priest, it's really hard to beat those with aggro paladin. It wasn't an easy deck to get results from but now secret paladin is way easier to pilot.

No dragon deck was any good before TGT, maaybe paladin ones but not even those were ever competitive.

Cards like poisoned blade will never be good but I feel there are quite a few cards in the set that will be good some day, we are just missing some pieces to make a deck, notably some Rogue class cards that don't see play now. All it takes is one or two cards like it was with dragons. We always knew Blackwing Corruptor is a good card but nobody could play it. We have now cards like secretkeeper seeing play. I wouldn't dismiss the set, actually I think it was as successful as GvG if not a bit more. GvG primarily had just mechs, TGT brings more variety even. That is, it's still not amazing or anything. I think they will help Rogue with next adventure, that must be alarming to them when not a single TGT card sees play or that the class has mostly disappeared.

All it takes for Rogue to become better or new archetypes to show is a card or two. Like a class legendary, 4 4/4 battlecry your hero is immune while attacking, done. You can play control rogue deck then, Anub'Arak, Gallywix and so on. Actually Justicar probably should have done that. Like who cares about equipping 2/2 blades...

Well, that was something

Opponent played a millhouse manastorm early in tavern brawl while I had a lock and load in my hand........he conceded next turn after I cast like 10 spells on my 2nd turn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom