• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshley synergizes ridiculously well with Antonidas.
He's also decent with 7 health and 5 attack, dealing with most other popular minions around 5/6. Makes me wonder why Anubar Ambusher / Light Spawn / Upgraded Repairbot aren't used more but I guess that's more to do with no Rogue/Priest decks that support them. However that's why I think Clockwork Knight might get used a bit. Getting it out on turn 4 with a Mechwarper will be pretty great.

Sheroking

The deck I play most often with has 2x Clockwork Gnomes, 2x Tinkertown, 2x Mech Yeti's, Gazlowe, Toshley and Antonidis.

Spare parts are the engine of every win.

ViviOggi

It's not a high tier deck but Toshley is pretty good in Mech Priest as well, and yeah, just a great body for the cost. It's a usable legendary so disenchanting it for 400 dust is a pretty shit deal, even more so right before an expansion.

Auctopus

You play Toshley first, good body and you get a spare part when you play him and when he dies. Then you play Antonidas and play both of those spare parts for two cheap Fireballs, along with whatever spells you have.

He's also decent with 7 health and 5 attack, dealing with most other popular minions around 5/6. Makes me wonder why Anubar Ambusher / Light Spawn / Upgraded Repairbot aren't used more but I guess that's more to do with no Rogue/Priest decks that support them. However that's why I think Clockwork Knight might get used a bit. Getting it out on turn 4 with a Mechwarper will be pretty great.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll try him out. Probably good I didnt disenchant.

To be fair David Sirlin knows his stuff when it comes to card games.

David Sirlin isn't the one making the "only 3 cards out of 20 revealed are good in the current meta, therefore Blizzard is conspiring to produce a large number of bad cards" argument, though.

If he balanced Hearthstone he'd just give mage a fake fireblast

Tacitus_

Is Frodan wearing make up?

GXW9ttJ.png

giapel

So this new Druid card basically protects against annoying secrets like duplicate and freezing trap. Time to remove Kezan from the deck

Fireblend

Banned
I got a Leeroy Jenkins from a pack earlier today, decided to swap my rogue deck's Kel' Thuzzad with it, and have been having so much fun.

Using sap to remove taunting minions + any combination of deadly poison, blade furry, Leeroy and whatever else I already have on the board for a lethal blow is just plain rewarding. Just finished off a Paladin with a similar combo for 19 damage.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll try him out. Probably good I didnt disenchant.
It's tempting because any golden Legendary allows you to craft any other. For example, I had a Golden Hemit that I was keeping because I'm a hoarder, but I recently dusted him in anticipation of TGT. Even that's a mistake though because they could change him and I would of gotten double dust(very doubtful though).

For now I'd say keep him, see if you like using him, and then see if theres anything worth while post TGT launch you'd want instead. Since he's decent, he's worth keeping for now.

This also reminds me, I still have golden Stalagg and Fugenn in my collection when I was running my silly Reincarnate Shaman. Might dust those for new cards but Golden Thaddius is just too good.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It is so much better to go second in this brawl, it's not even funny.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is so much better to go second in this brawl, it's not even funny.

I keep seeing people immediately use the coin but I feel like that isn't a very good use of it since it's basically banking on a 3 cost or lower from the start. I like to hold it and see what I get first, getting a 1 cost(really 4 cost) out first is powerful.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I keep seeing people immediately use the coin but I feel like that isn't a very good use of it since it's basically banking on a 3 cost or lower from the start. I like to hold it and see what I get first, getting a 1 cost(really 4 cost) out first is powerful.

You can basically use it whenever you want to fix your curve. Too many turns you have 1 mana left over and you can use the coin to eek out a second portal, PLUS you get the extra card.

Like, usually when we have this discussion people tend to value the coin too highly in Constructed in Arena. When nearly every card you have is 2 mana, the ability to fix your curve is enormous.

Opiate

This is a thing that will happen:

1) control warrior will have 20+ armor
2) Enemy will play shredder
3) Wraithguard will pop out of shredder
4) 20+ damage to the face from 1 mana shield slam

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member

Looks like Ben Brode clarified on his thoughts on consistency.

I feel like if they do these type of changes they will change a lot of the classic cards to read much more consistently. Like wild growth on turn 10. Consistency will be a good change. It'll be growing pains that's for sure but it'll be for the better. Though, no changes to Pact vs Jaraxxus.

Just played against Trump in brawl, thought that was pretty cool considering his intro videos got me into the game. Held my own for the most part.

Unrelated, any idea how long the 10 pack preorder bonus will last? Moderately tempted to take advantage, but haven't jumped just yet.

Just played against Trump in brawl, thought that was pretty cool considering his intro videos it me into the game. Hld my own for the most part.

Unrelated, any idea how long the 10 pack preorder bonus will last? Moderately tempted to take advantage, but haven't jumped just yet.

Most likely till launch date.

Tough card to evaluate. I like it but seems like it could be tough to reliably combo it on turn 5 and after that you could just play Boulderfist Ogre at that point. Pretty insane on turn 4 with the coin though.

Anything that might help Rogue get a decent deck other than Oil is fine by me.

Dahbomb

At least its interesting though its tough to figure out a deck for this card. Probably will be relegated to Arena status though.

This is so fucking stupid......

Yes let's nerf one of the worst cards in the card because Blizzard is sick of seeing people one shot Jaraxxus off of Nefarian.

LMAO @ "consistency" in Hearthstone.

So when are they actually going to fix this card?

184px-Molten_Giant%2894%29.png

At least its interesting though its tough to figure out a deck for this card. Probably will be relegated to Arena status though.

This is so fucking stupid......

Yes let's nerf one of the worst cards in the card because Blizzard is sick of seeing people one shot Jaraxxus off of Nefarian.

LMAO @ "consistency" in Hearthstone.

So when are they actually going to fix this card?

184px-Molten_Giant%2894%29.png

Uhhh, rewording and consistency is hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom