• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I think that it's an upgrade over succubus. The two mana slot for demons is really weak so maybe some people will try it there. Late game it can be removed for free though (They can overkill it with a big minion and still get the damage in on you).

Otherwise it seems like a pretty good card. He's like a bigger flame imp.

EDIt: That new mage "8 damage" card would be awesome against him! lol

Do you guys think Warlocks will ever get an Auchenai Soulpriest-ish card? I could see it being something like, "Effects that deal damage to your hero damage your opponent as well." Seems like it'd be a bit to crazy though.

you guys are forgetting the void terror synergy
Kappa.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wrathguard isn't nearly as bad as some people think it is. It's a bad answer to a 3/2 true enough but it fits pretty neatly into Zoo I think. Zoo is going to die out to a lack of cards before they die out of health in most cases. And the drawback is way better than Succubus.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Darnassus would be played in typical combo or ramp Druid, but I can see it fitting in very well in token Druid.

I wonder if token druid is gonna be a thing after this expansion, i never tried it but it seemed a bit weak compared to ramp or combo druid. It would be cool to have a another type of deck, a good token druid deck would maybe even rival warrior patron.

Demonlock gets Wrathguard out of Bane of Doom, then Control Warrior proceeds to shield slam Wrathguard/face for a billion. Prepare for that Trolden video

Wrathguard looks playable to me, but is unlikely to become a mainstay in Zoo, outside of the most aggro versions. Should be good in low curve aggro Warlock Arena decks, where you intend to hold the board or lose trying. It's a stealth nerf to Bane of Doom as pointed out above, and also adds a bit of risk to Voidcaller - if the other guy triggers the deathrattle, are you risking eating 6+ damage to the face thanks to Wrathguard?

Really like the Druid 2/3 - easily my favourite card of the expansion so far. You jump ahead until they deal with it, then you fall back, so it's specifically aimed at forcing aggro to slow down. As said above, there's the potential for shrewd plays with buff cards to force a silence, or popping Mirror Entity with it, or it coming out of a Deathlord or Piloted Shredder and being a nuisance.

shira

You get one new daily quest per day
it was weird to see three when I cleared the board the night before

As long as you don't reroll any of your dailies an additional three stack up. Recently there's been reports of people not getting their extra dailies though so you did get a little lucky.
so are you supposed to re-roll? I watched the intro video in the OP and the guy says to always re-roll a 40 quest to try to get a 60+ quest

ViviOggi

it was weird to see three when I cleared the board the night before

so are you supposed to re-roll? I watched the intro video in the OP and the guy says to always re-roll a 40 quest to try to get a 60+ quest
Yeah you definitely want to reroll to maximize gold except for when you know you won't be playing the game for longer than three days. In that case it's best to first clear all of your dailies and then only start rerolling again once you've received the second batch.

Vitanimus

Yeah you definitely want to reroll to maximize gold except for when you know you won't be playing the game for longer than three days. In that case it's best to first clear all of your dailies and then only start rerolling again once you've received the second batch.

I NEVER KNEW THIS WHAT THE

Always reroll, shoot for the 5 win 60 gold quests. If you get the 3 victories one it's good. 7 victories and free pack are the best ones though.

I guess depending on Tavern Brawl you might keep. 40 spells would be piss easy with this tavern brawl for example.

Cat Party

I had no idea about this. So many mysteries...

Dahbomb

That's a solid Warlock card. Way better than Succubus.

Actually I just realized that it might lose you the game because of Shield Slam....

Now I am kinda eh about it.

JesseZao

If you're close to a daily player:

To maximize possible gold / 60 gold quests, always leave (at least) one 40 gold quest until the next day. That way you always have, at minimum, two quests to choose from to reroll.

Sometimes you get a 60g or the 100g quest first, so since you left a 40g quest from another day, you still have a reroll target for that day.

Watching that Kripp Nozdormu clip, what the fuck, why is Nozdormu so glitchy?

Wow that game was fucking nuts. The only way he could have won was UP -> Nefarian -> Sac Pact and he got it.

johnsmith

remember me
People complain when it's all invited big names. People complain when they have a lot of qualified people because it's people you never heard of. I think this was fine. The biggest problem was the limited card pool and lack of draw making all games feel like an extended arena topdick war. But it was still entertaining.

ViviOggi

It's when there are an absurd number of legendaries in arena. It's not really a thing but sometimes it seems like it.
I'm pretty sure it's a real thing tbh

Of course my personal sample size, even with comparing legendary experiences with players from my flist, is far from representative. Still it's more than one and a half years of playing arena in which almost every time I got a legendary draft I've seen multiple legendaries in the following runs and vice versa. It's usually on the weekends too, and in between I would go weeks without seeing a single one. I wish I had kept a list.

I mean it makes sense too: Blizz doesn't want to have all these cool cards go unused, but getting one is of course a massive advantage. So keeping the legendary chance fairly low and cranking it up across the board every once in a while is a way to keep it somewhat fair.

mxgt

Banned
Of course he turn 3 Harrison's the power mace I coined out on turn 2.

OF COURSE.

Harrison'ing a full charge weapon that the opponent equips but doesn't attack with is the best.

the fucking best.

except when it's Jaraxxus and you have 5 cards left.

Oh I love when a Floating Watcher gets going and goes 4 for 1, single handedly winning the game. Best part is I didn't even need to pay any mana for him thanks to Voidcaller. And with that I've taken a decent Warlock draft from 0-2 to 7-2, so pretty happy with how this run turned out in the end.

Sheroking

Actually I just realized that it might lose you the game because of Shield Slam....

I think it's stupid good as a turn-two play and pretty useless there after.

It seems like a good anti-Hunter card, though. And the dream is to void terror it.

I think it's stupid good as a turn-two play and pretty useless there after.

It seems like a good anti-Hunter card, though. And the dream is to void terror it.

Could be used for Shadowflame in Demonlock decks. I don't know that it would be any good vs. Hunter, though. You're giving them face damage, so there's no penalty for them actually removing a minion.

Auctopus

I just got Toshley (Golden Legendary) in my first GvG pack, I play mostly with a control Mage deck with a Archmage Antonidas thrown in. Furthest I've got in ladder is 17.

Should I just disenchant and build up my Mage control deck? (Any card recommendations?)

I just got Toshley (Golden Legendary) in my first GvG pack, I play mostly with a control Mage deck with a Archmage Antonidas thrown in. Furthest I've got in ladder is 17.

Should I just disenchant and build up my Mage control deck? (Any card recommendations?)

Toshley synergizes ridiculously well with Antonidas.

Szadek

Warrior usually don't get a lot of armror against zoo decks,so it should work fine there.
Not that great in slower warlock decks,though.

Sheroking

Could be used for Shadowflame in Demonlock decks. I don't know that it would be any good vs. Hunter, though. You're giving them face damage, so there's no penalty for them actually removing a minion.

I don't think you can actually prevent face damage as a Warlock against hunter in the early game. You just have to own the board by turn ~4 and start doing damage.

I think it's a good anti-Hunter card because it counters creeper, leper gnome and explosive trap. Worst case scenario it trades with Knife Juggler or Arcane Golem.

You can't play it in the late game against any class, probably, but you can combo with void terror from turn 5 on for a 7-6.

He does? I didn't notice anything in particular. You mean using the spare parts whilst Antonidas is on the board?

Yeah, they count as spells so cheap fireballs.

Taunt and Stealth will also help you protect Antonidas for more turns.

He does? I didn't notice anything in particular. You mean using the spare parts whilst Antonidas is on the board?

You play Toshley first, good body and you get a spare part when you play him and when he dies. Then you play Antonidas and play both of those spare parts for two cheap Fireballs, along with whatever spells you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom