• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Laddering late in the season is always fun. I'm on a winstreak with Dragon Handlock from 16 to 12. People are so shit at these ranks.

I used to share this opinion, but it feels like since ladder rewards were introduced things have gotten more competitive, even when hovering around those ranks.

kingocfs

I'm playing a Dragon Priest deck for the first time after finally getting all of the cards and I'm seeing 98% control Warrior decks at Rank 9.

damn this arena trio sucks. hunter druid or shaman. i'm most confident in shaman bc having a constant tap for cheap minions helps vs paladin meta, druid is decent but last time i only got one wild growth and zero innervate so i think tgt made it different....hunter is def the shittiest there but i kind of want to see if i can throw together a rush deck more than play the other 2 classes again. blah

clav

damn this arena trio sucks. hunter druid or shaman. i'm most confident in shaman bc having a constant tap for cheap minions helps vs paladin meta, druid is decent but last time i only got one wild growth and zero innervate so i think tgt made it different....hunter is def the shittiest there but i kind of want to see if i can throw together a rush deck more than play the other 2 classes again. blah

I've had the best success with Hunter recently among those three picks.

People like Shaman here, but I'm still not a fan.

Darnassus Aspirant does help Druid a lot.

I've had the best success with Hunter recently among those three picks.

People like Shaman here, but I'm still not a fan.

hm u tipped me over the edge i'll go hunter. i still think its the worst of the 3 but hopefully i'll eat my words. it's just that this meta is all paladins and they put out a ton of cheap minions and being able to go shaman, draft a deck with a somewhat cheaper curve bc the hero power is always helping you swarm rules. like hunters power is good but it doesn't gain any control on the board which is what the meta seems to be right now. but it's more fun to see if you can crack it so here we go hunter :D

edit: haha my first choice is fencing coach, call pet, and murloc tidecaller. im 100% doomed lol. picking fencing bc i dont know how many beasts i'll get, probably not, same with murlocs; honestly i wish they would weigh crap like those cards out to come up more likely at the end of the deck. you'd have to be crazy to draft them as your first card since you dont know what else you will see. at least fencing coach kind of helps me face quicker, it still blows though

editedit: hey tidecaller doesn't get buffed from opponent murlocs does it? against merloc knight that might be...not good but less awful

clav

hm u tipped me over the edge i'll go hunter. i still think its the worst of the 3 but hopefully i'll eat my words. it's just that this meta is all paladins and they put out a ton of cheap minions and being able to go shaman, draft a deck with a somewhat cheaper curve bc the hero power is always helping you swarm rules. like hunters power is good but it doesn't gain any control on the board which is what the meta seems to be right now. but it's more fun to see if you can crack it so here we go hunter :D

edit: haha my first choice is fencing coach, call pet, and murloc tidecaller. im 100% doomed lol. picking fencing bc i dont know how many beasts i'll get, probably not, same with murlocs; honestly i wish they would weigh crap like those cards out to come up more likely at the end of the deck. you'd have to be crazy to draft them as your first card since you dont know what else you will see. at least fencing coach kind of helps me face quicker, it still blows though

editedit: hey tidecaller doesn't get buffed from opponent murlocs does it? against merloc knight that might be...not good but less awful

Also depends on how your opponents play. Some people just like hitting face, so your experience YMMV.

I would probably have picked Fencing Coach, but maybe you can make Tidecaller work. Yes, it buffs regardless friendly or foe.

Anyone try innovating some mech decks since they did get a sort of beefy midrange mech in tgt?

I've never given mech rogue a full chance since I never crafted or opened the cogwrench or whatever it is called. And I think iron sensei is one of the cooler mech cards they have in the game.

Cat Party

I've put together my strongest Mech Mage deck and I'm at about 49% win rate. I have been stuck at level 17 for 2 weeks now. Last night I once again got to 3 stars at lvl17 and lost the game. I think my version of Mech Mage is simply not a great deck. I'm starting to supplant cards to see if I can make it a bit better but I just seem to run out of steam come mid to end game. I can't tell you how many times I've run the opponent down to 1-5 health and turn after turn, can't finish them off.
What's your deck look like? What are you missing?

manhack

Anyone try innovating some mech decks since they did get a sort of beefy midrange mech in tgt?

I've never given mech rogue a full chance since I never crafted or opened the cogwrench or whatever it is called. And I think iron sensei is one of the cooler mech cards they have in the game.

Had a lot of fun with this deck the past week:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/331616-mech-priest-are-you-afraid-of-the-dark-69-win-rate

I would of kept playing it, but I am having much more fun running a control priest at the moment since it is absolutely amazing against Hunters and Paladins. I will post some results once I hit 500 wins. The amount of hunters is insane right now. 10 more to go!

autoduelist

Daniel Negreanu, arguably the most famous poker player in the world, talked about Hearthstone tonight during the WSOP Main Event. He mentioned it, some other guy played too, they talked about 'Mage' decks, and he said it was a great game... another guy chimed in that he wanted to try it and Daniel said something like "it'll ruin your life! but it's fun!" All in, maybe 45 seconds of coverage but I was surprised to hear it.

For those that care, it was during the first few minutes of tonights first episode (2 episodes per week)/

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
man i'm probably playing wrong but playing control warrior vs midrange secret paladin feels so paladin favored, you honestly don't have enough removal sometimes even with 2 brawls, feels bad man
BibleThump.png

Man, I am getting my ass kicked all over the place lately. I was up to 15 then back all the way 19. I'm just trying to beat my Quests in casual mode now, since I don't usually run warrior, and I think I'm 1-8. Frustration is running high.

had someone play the weirdest demon inspire warlock deck ever. tournament medic, blood imp, mukla's champion, and twisting nether. it was super weird

I had a question on alexstraza. I always keep it in hand for the defensive life gain, but when is it a good time to throw it out for the offensive life reduction? I'm having a hard time just putting her out there b/c I dont want to lose the game b/c I couldnt heal

I had a question on alexstraza. I always keep it in hand for the defensive life gain, but when is it a good time to throw it out for the offensive life reduction? I'm having a hard time just putting her out there b/c I dont want to lose the game b/c I couldnt heal

Alexstrasza is a very situational/adaptable card. There really isn't a singular answer.

It depends what deck you're playing with, what deck you're playing against, when you draw it and what the current situation is.

There's just a lot to consider and it's something you get acclimated to the more you play with it.

Alexstrasza is a very situational/adaptable card. There really isn't a singular answer.

It depends what deck you're playing with, what deck you're playing against, when you draw it and what the current situation is.

There's just a lot to consider and it's something you get acclimated to the more you play with it.

okay. yea its just pretty difficult for me especially since I have ysera in there for that 9 drop play

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Drafted a paladin with north sea krakren, double minibot, muster, truesilver, equality, consecrate, sylvanas...I am ready to lose.

bjaelke

Crafting a golden Paletress turned out to be my best decision yet. Nozdormu -> Leeroy -> Velen paved the way for a comeback after I gave my opponent a turn 3 Ysera (turns out those are hard to kill as priest).

zoukka

Just once I'd like to play against a paladin who didn't have MC on curve.

Give it to me. My flare is ready.

Very often you can just BGH the MC because of avenge.

Crafting a golden Paletress turned out to be my best decision yet. Nozdormu -> Leeroy -> Velen paved the way for a comeback after I gave my opponent a turn 3 Ysera (turns out those are hard to kill as priest).

Paletress has awesome sound and visual effects. One of the coolest legendary.

While playing patron warrior if Emperor at the bottom of your deck in control matchups are you supposed to roll over and die? Usually there's no time to play him in this case and you can't otk without cost reduction.

From watching a lot of competitive Hearthstone, the way most Patrons play if they don't have Emperor is either a) play super defensive and draw into him if their opponents are dumb enough to allow it or b) develop a board of Patrons with Inner Rage/Warsong/Whirlwind/Death's Bite (depending on board state) and hope their opponents can't clear it before they can get to work. Against a lot of midrange/aggro decks just getting a board of Patrons out can be enough to win.

Shaman might be secretly good. Went 5-2 tonight when I expected to go more like 2-5. I probably should have been 6-1 but I fell asleep during a cw match and screwed the pooch on that one. I could probably hit legend with it. And its actually quite good against secret paladin. The second loss was to freeze mage... the scum.

Pooya

I feel shaman is quite decent right now...as long as you're not against paladins.

edit: what really help against secret paladin is hex and fire elemental. It's very manageable. Other types of paladins are pretty rough though,

Loomba

With the amount of Dragon priests out, I'd put in a shrinkmeister/cabal combo in there, can steal a lot of their shit.

I feel shaman is quite decent right now...as long as you're not against paladins.

edit: what really help against secret paladin is hex and fire elemental. It's very manageable. Other types of paladins are pretty rough though,

...so bad?

I think shaman have a very strong match up against paladin. At least the type of shaman deck I am used to running and the list I am running atm. Hex deals with tirion and MC quite fantastically after all.

That moment when a Priest plays Tirion Fordring it thoughtsteals from you...

You haven't had it bad until they play 2 tirions off thoughtsteal and then mind control your tirion. Believe it or not, I still won that one.

manhack

Got 500 wins with priest and hit rank 5 for the season!!! Holy cow that took forever.

Did extremely well the past few days with a control priest deck I found while watching Senfglas stream. It is here:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/329726-senfglas-rank-1-legend-eu

Ended up going 40-14 for a 74% winrate which is insane for me.

Worked really well beating paladins, hunters and zoolocks. I was also able to sneak out some games vs. Handlocks and mages.

When I hit 499 wins I queued up a steal priest deck:

i2xhrRt.png

This deck doesn't have a great win-rate, but it has the ability to blow control matches out of the water. I ended up against a dragon priest as my final boss. I stole a bunch of dragons. Used faceless on his Ysera and overdrew him and dreamed his Ysera to oblivion to end the game. He added me afterward and said I would be reported. I was just trying to have fun.

Next up is Shaman and Rogue and I will have all golden heroes.

Got 500 wins with priest and hit rank 5 for the season!!! Holy cow that took forever.

Did extremely well the past few days with a control priest deck I found while watching Senfglas stream. It is here:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/329726-senfglas-rank-1-legend-eu

Ended up going 40-14 for a 74% winrate which is insane for me.

Worked really well beating paladins, hunters and zoolocks. I was also able to sneak out some games vs. Handlocks and mages.

When I hit 499 wins I queued up a steal priest deck:

i2xhrRt.png

This deck doesn't have a great win-rate, but it has the ability to blow control matches out of the water. I ended up against a dragon priest as my final boss. I stole a bunch of dragons. Used faceless on his Ysera and overdrew him and dreamed his Ysera to oblivion to end the game. He added me afterward and said I would be reported. I was just trying to have fun.

Next up is Shaman and Rogue and I will have all golden heroes.

Reported? For what ?!?!! Some people are delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom