• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Did two Warrior-runs in arena back-to-back. 7-3 and 6-3 respectively, which isn't terrible, but everything is such a fucking struggle with this class. It feels like playing football uphill or something.

Loomba

hahahah just had a shit talking patron warrior rage concede after he killed my chillmaw with a full board of patrons thinking I didn't have any dragons because I only had 1 card in hand.

It was an Azure Drake

Xanathus

Lightbomb bro.

In order for Priest to even have a chance against classic Handlock, they need to be running double Lightbomb and double SW:D. Dragon Priest doesn't stand a chance unless the Handlock draws extraordinarily bad which can happen because Dragon Priest doesn't run as much AOE.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i played a match today and can you guess what's wrong with this image?

WFd12Kg.jpg

All i can say is wow that doesn't happen often
PogChamp.png

Miletius

Up to Rank 5. Kinda tempted to just stop here, it's my highest rank ever, but also wondering if I should just go for legend now since I'll probably never have a better opportunity to try and get there.

bjaelke

Up to Rank 5. Kinda tempted to just stop here, it's my highest rank ever, but also wondering if I should just go for legend now since I'll probably never have a better opportunity to try and get there.
Only reason not to is because of the time investment.

Hanzou

It's your highest achieved rank that matters. Is there any disadvantages to trying to get a higher rank but falling back some in the process?

Miletius

Time investment is the only real reason I'd stop. Getting from 5 - legend I'd imagine is too much for me to really work towards it without sacrificing other things I should probably be doing instead.

Time investment is the only real reason I'd stop. Getting from 5 - legend I'd imagine is too much for me to really work towards it without sacrificing other things I should probably be doing instead.

I recommend not aiming for legend, just keep playing and trying to improve. Try to read the meta and play decks that are suited for it. You'll get there eventually even if you only play a couple hours a week.

zoukka

In order for Priest to even have a chance against classic Handlock, they need to be running double Lightbomb and double SW:D. Dragon Priest doesn't stand a chance unless the Handlock draws extraordinarily bad which can happen because Dragon Priest doesn't run as much AOE.

Which dragon priest doesn't run double deaths? I run only one lightbomb and I don't feel too bad against handlocks. Then again my list is more greedy than the typical midrangey "slam every dragon I have in there" type of decks.

_DrMario_

I don't think I've won a game in 5 days.

I log in. Try to clear some of my quests, lose 2-3 in a row and then just Alt-F4 out of the game.

I used to clear all the daily quests the moment they appeared in all 3 regions and now I just don't give a shit.

Time for a couple weeks off I guess. Worst part is I have this constant nagging thought that I'm "losing money" since I'm not properly clearing all my quests in time.

Miletius

I log in. Try to clear some of my quests, lose 2-3 in a row and then just Alt-F4 out of the game.

I used to clear all the daily quests the moment they appeared in all 3 regions and now I just don't give a shit.

Time for a couple weeks off I guess. Worst part is I have this constant nagging thought that I'm "losing money" since I'm not properly clearing all my quests in time.

Don't let that feeling take over. I used to get that way about Daily Quests in WoW. Eventually that became my impetus to quit, too much worrying over stupid dailies that weren't even fun. I imagine if I ever get that way about HS I'd want to quit as well.

Xanathus

Your problem is that you're playing all 3 regions. Unless you're trying to be an E-Sport Hearthstone Professional Player™ EleGiggle, there's no point in doing that.

Phawx

I just beat someone with a Knife Juggler and he sent an immediate friend request.

Should I accept?

edit: I declined.

I think I was right about shaman vs paladin. So far I am 7-3 vs paladin running a shaman deck I threw together.

The version with 1 feral spirit went 5-1 and the version with 1 loatheb instead of feral spirit went 2-2. Although I have to admit the curve on those 2 losses were just sick secret keeper starts as well.

There seem to be a couple reasons. But lets say I am about even with the paladin come their MC turn. I am running double bgh (reynad inspired choice) so I have a removal for the buffed MC and even dr. boom if they run it. Then there is double hex which is fairly standard.

So if I come out after that fairly okay, I have won. Even when they have tirion soon after, even without hex, I have won. I attribute these late game wins to two things. Taunt totem and thunderbluff valiant. Cause if I can clean up their board (usually can due to lightning storm or just minions like dr. boom myself), the paladin generally can't break through a 0/2 taunt easily. I also have defender of argus x2. Between taunts and pressure from valiant, its an easy win.

I am also running 1 copy of garrison commander and it is actually quite useful. In shaman you might only need get value off him once before trading in. Because the totems fill up very fast and after 2 uses of him you can't even summon more totems anyway. This limitation probably explains why justicar trueheart doesn't let shaman get double totems. The single choice totem might actually be stronger because you can summon a totem regardless of what totems you have on the board already. Synergy with valiant in that way too.

Raika

Am I the only one who absolutely hates playing against dragon priests?

They're not impossible to win against, but sometimes things just feel a bit too much and one sided. 1 mana 2/3, 2 mana 2/4 with taunt, 3 mana 3/5, 4 mana 3/6 with taunt, if they get at least 2 of those in their opening hand they just proceed to completely control the board, since they can just kill a minion and heal back up. Not to mention they can buff up those minions to make them even harder to deal with. All I can do is hope they don't have any other dragons in their hand to trigger the battlecry, but who am I kidding they usually do.

Ugh.

/end rant

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fitting game to rank up to 5 with.

9w6NJRL.png

Both secret keepers, competitive spirit, avenge...he spent turn 3 doing muster and killing the juggler while popping his spider which made one a 7/7.

Topdeck consecrate to board wipe, hit for a million damage.

nK0sWd0.jpg

Pooya

Ladder is probably better to test some fun decks, opened a golden ball of spiders and just wanted to play it for fun, every game was face face face, all classes. Is it really too hard to have a mode where you don't earn anything? I guess I should just play practice mode...

A few games of this so called 'casual mode' and any new player will run away.

manhack

Yeah ironically casual has always felt more aggro than ranked mode. You always get some odd decks mixed in though more than you do in ranked.

Phawx

does secret keeper work with mysterious challenger or only secrets you play yourself?

Secret Keeper works with any user-played secrets. So if the opponent hunter plays a secret while secret keeper is out, she will get +1+1

If MC or Mad Scientist brings out a secret, the buff doesn't trigger.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Secret Keeper works with any user-played secrets. So if the opponent hunter plays a secret while secret keeper is out, she will get +1+1

If MC or Mad Scientist brings out a secret, the buff doesn't trigger.

Yup, this. I actually misplayed earlier and played a mage secret from hand and buffed the pally secret keeper before killing it.

But it has to be from hand, so a turn 7 keeper + challenger won't buff her at all.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think people like you are called sadists.

I think the word you are looking for is masochist, sadists like to inflict plain not receive it. For example ZealousD would be a masochist when playing aggro priest while he would be a sadist when playing face hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom