• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need to get my weekly quota of salt from somewhere you know.

Salt is love. Salt is life.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think the word you are looking for is masochist, sadists like to inflict plain not receive it. For example ZealousD would be a masochist when playing aggro priest while he would be a sadist when playing face hunter.

No, sadist is the word I meant. They accept the friend requests because they derive pleasure from the salty tears of others.

Keep seeing people try to hype dragon Shaman up a being a viable deck and I really don't get it.

It's worse than dragon Priest, dragon Mage AND dragon Warrior.

Raika

Hit rank 5 for the first time in my few months of playing! :D

EbVIXTG.jpg

Was hovering from rank 8-6 over the past few days, but I just pulled an all nighter climbing as hard as I could and finally did it. This was really tough, don't think I can push for legend anytime soon. :c

But still, dat golden epic is finally mine. :3

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
No, sadist is the word I meant. They accept the friend requests because they derive pleasure from the salty tears of others.

Oh right i thought meant the other thing. I have never enjoyed the salt of others......ok i i lied i do enjoy it but no to the point to accept their friend requests, i have better things to do than to listen to salty dudes, plus i haven't been added in awhile
laugh.gif

I had a game against a Mage earlier who got a Taunt/Divine Shield Master Jouster out in front of a Duplicate on turn 6. Sure enough, they won all three Jousts and barely won the game as I ran just short of damage for lethal. It can be a very frustrating card.

Mulgrok

That feel when you mindcontrol technician a handlock's taunted molten giant so you can hit his face for exact lethal. I was dead the next turn if it failed :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
5zkr7Gz.png

I finally gave in and netdecked tempo storm's midrange secret paladin deck, and it resulted in the craziest win streak I've ever been on. Went from like rank 13 to rank 6 without a single loss. The one loss to finally kill the streak actually was a hunter who got off two good flares and two good powershots, and I still almost won.

The best thing about it is that you don't have to think nearly as hard about your plays as the opponent has to think about his, since there's so many secrets he has to play around while you only have to think about the ones in your hand.

Dr 6 into Dr 7 into Dr 8 is really crazy too if you get them in your hand. Too much value for anyone to handle.

manhack

Yeah secretdin is pretty strong. I know some people think it is a flavor of the month or something, but for anybody, like me, who is playing a lot of Tier 4 decks it is a pain in the ass to deal with.

The only reason I haven't been too discouraged by it is that I've been playing priest the last few weeks and doing really well vs paladins.

clav

Feel like the key to arena is to have a board clear.

Sometimes you just lose the tempo game, and if there is no plan B, you are screwed.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Atleast this is the most I've ever been able to use him without getting smacked with an immediate silence.

Basically. Tirion was already a top tier legendary even though it is weak to silence/transformations, and with avenge and blessing of kings drawing silence, they usually don't have the ability to save it for Tirion. Hex and Polymorph also are usually used up by then too, which usually means you are assured to add 5 or 6 damage to the opponent's face every turn until the game is over.

There's two keys to victory in arena. One is to overwhelm them with tempo from the start of the game, and the other is to limit life lost until you can board clear and take the advantage.

Usually major board clears takes enough mana that you can regain tempo by getting to be the first to rebuild that empty board, unless they somehow drafted a billion flamestrikes to use over and over until you run out of cards, but it's not very common to see that.

bord

Neo Member
I just recovered from 5-2 to 12-2 in arena with rogue, meaning 3 out my last 4 arenas with Valeera have ended with 12 wins.

Strangely enough, my recent paladin arenas have been awful: 4-3, 6-3, 5-3

Shaman is so horrendously bad. Like, even worse now than they were before TGT. It's seriously incredible that Blizzard managed to pull that off.

At least I could actually make the class work before TGT but now? It's just pointless. I guess Blizzard just doesn't give a shit out how hopeless Shaman is.

clav

I just recovered from 5-2 to 12-2 in arena with rogue, meaning 3 out my last 4 arenas with Valeera have ended with 12 wins.

Finished a Paladin run just now 4-3 even with Murloc Knights.

Once you lose tempo, you're just done.

My Druid run earlier had Swipe, which helped a lot.

johnsmith

remember me
Anybody watching this reynad game right now? Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Playing against a druid dropping nothing but legendary after legendary and north sea krakens. And he lost. He lost to a deck playing Gruul. Well the guy gave him the win, it was an epic troll.

ricelord

welp finally ranked up to 10 by going grim war, only lost like 3 games won like maybe 6 or 7 and about 3 of those game the person concede, thinking that i had lethal when i had like 5 grims on board and summon a Berserker and they was still at full health.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
welp finally ranked up to 10 by going grim war, only lost like 3 games won like maybe 6 or 7 and about 3 of those game the person concede, thinking that i had lethal when i had like 5 grims on board and summon a Berserker and they was still at full health.

Not bad. Grim patron decks are very difficult to play. I'd probably wouldn't reach rank 10 if I played grim patron.

It's the same as control priest to me. Not playing cards when you can play them is the worst feeling in the world to me, even when it's right not to play them.

Shaman is so horrendously bad. Like, even worse now than they were before TGT. It's seriously incredible that Blizzard managed to pull that off.

At least I could actually make the class work before TGT but now? It's just pointless. I guess Blizzard just doesn't give a shit out how hopeless Shaman is.

TGT in general didn't really add many cards that are "playable" in constructed so to speak. I'm really glad looking back I didn't spend any real money on card packs. I'm also a bit fearful for the game's future with all the RNG that was introduced with TGT (which makes sense with that Ben Brode quote being something like more rng=introduces skill or whatever the quote was)

Xanathus

TGT in general didn't really add many cards that are "playable" in constructed so to speak. I'm really glad looking back I didn't spend any real money on card packs. I'm also a bit fearful for the game's future with all the RNG that was introduced with TGT (which makes sense with that Ben Brode quote being something like more rng=introduces skill or whatever the quote was)

That's exactly what I was saying prior to TGT coming out and telling everyone not to buy that preorder promotion. Anyone who has a clue about how cards can be good or bad would tell from looking at the TGT cards that less than 95% of them are playable and since it is a non-adventure expansion you could just craft the few that are playable.

Duster

Man I'm getting so much better at arena, I'm getting four or five wins much more regularly and have even got a few sixes which I figure must cancel out the really bad drafts.

Oh. Nevermind.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah I'm done buying TGT packs. I'm sitting on 8k dust and I have nothing I want to craft. Going to start saving up for the next release.

Pooya

With ranked rewards coming, I will have enough dust for 3 legendary. I'm not sure what to do with it I have almost all the essentials.

craft...

- Black Knight because fff druids. This looks like the most appealing so far.

- Vol'jin. meh I don't know.

- Varian. meh again.

- Malygos. I've been wanting this for ages for fun burst gimmick decks...

- Rhonin? lol. I have little interest going back to playing mage these days.

- Paletress, it was so funny on stream the other day.

- Gormock? The card seems fine, but I haven't seen it played against me even once.

- Sneed's? eh I don't know.

the remaining are really bad, like Onyxa and similar.

I'm not buying anymore packs so it doesn't really matter from what set.

Pooya

I'm pretty sure druid will go up to tier 1 sooner than later, secret paladin is figured out, it's not really all that good but druid bullshit is getting out of hands now and there is not much you can do with 6 ramp cards they are bound to pull off something stupid....

Sometimes you just lose the tempo game, and if there is no plan B, you are screwed.
I 100% always pick when offered

Board clears
Silences
Kezan mystic

Even stuff like explosive sheep is actually really useful, it ruins muster for battle

I'm pretty sure druid will go up to tier 1 sooner than later, secret paladin is figured out, it's not really all that good but druid bullshit is getting out of hands now and there is not much you can do with 6 ramp cards they are bound to pull off something stupid....

I put repentance in mid range paladin and vs druid hard mulligan it, its useful against dragon priests too

My last 4 Rogue runs are 11, 12, 7, 8, which means I'm up to 7 wins all time average with Valeera. The class is absolutely insane once you get it, especially in TGT where there's a fair bit less reach (Mages with Fireballs/Frostbolts/Pyros are much rarer) around to punish using weapons to jump ahead in tempo. Blade Flurry is plain broken, what with the very high likelihood of drawing a Buccaneer, an Auto-Barber, or a Deadly Poison (or Tinker's). 2 mana for 2-3 damage to all enemies is nuts, especially if you can swing onto their toughest minion first. The bigger common minions like Jormungar, Master Jouster, Kvaldir Raider, Kraken and Shado-Pan are great for you and bad for your opponents since Sap gets so much value. In fact, Assassinate and Sap have been great value almost 100% of the time, as well as (obviously) Eviscerate and Backstab.

Even with bad drafts I feel like I should be capable 3-5 wins, and with good-great drafts I should be going to 7+. Even in those four runs I threw a couple of games with misplays. Rogue turns tend to be more complex than any other class in Arena, especially turns 1 through 5.

Druid will still get wrecked by tempo decks. The ramp cards help a heap, but you still need to get card draw or extremely lucky to use that mana effectively.

So Druid will never really be tier 1.

However Druid will always be just about the strongest class, because it suffers the least from RNG and is very easy to play under pressure.

Ladekabel

Man, fuck this game. It's really hit or miss. One day it seems like you can't loose and on the next day you can't win anything. Enemy curves perfectly and has the answer to everything you play.

For example I just played against an Murloc Paladin. Played a Deathlord since in my experience they can't handle it and he has only a Bluegill and Murloc Raider on the Board. So I think I'm safe, right? No, because he has an Warleader in hand.

Footos22

Rank 12 woo. First time ever.
Not bad for 2 1/2 months of play.
Everyone's worked secrets paladin out. And everyone's playing patron. Switched to my noobie class hunter. Made a nice secrets deck. Won 4 in a row 3 of them patrons warriors Can't hit me. Just get thrown straight back to their deck. Huntard back with a vengeance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom