• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raika

4l14vaH.jpg

ayy lmao

johnsmith

remember me
Damn, that was some hardcore patroning from firebat. Won without any combo wombo or even excutes. The look on Trump's face when that last whirlwind came out.

Yes!! Trump wins :D

Must feel good to send the world champ packing. I feel bad for Firebat considering that even after his world championship he never picked up a large stream following nor did he really win an incredible amount of prize money in tournaments since the big one. Now he might fall further into "obscurity"

ZZMitch

Must feel good to send the world champ packing. I feel bad for Firebat considering that even after his world championship he never picked up a large stream following nor did he really win an incredible amount of prize money in tournaments since the big one. Now he might fall further into "obscurity"

Yeah kinda sucks since NA gets a bit screwed here. Firebat would be in if NA didn't lose 2 spots to South America.

Firebat pulls in 5-8k viewers while streaming at 4AM-7AM or so EDT, even before Amaz shows up or Massan gets his viewbots online. He's my favorite streamer out there, perfectly chill, explains plays, and has just enough "Twitch" to him to make him entertaining.

how do the deck rankings from tempo storm correlate to ladder ranking? Or is there no correlation

Better decks rise, worse decks fall. But above rank 5, depending on the time of the season, you'll see anything anyway and you don't really need to worry as much since the better player will win way more than what the meta snapshots suggest. It is when both players are playing their decks very well that the match ups matter a whole lot.

Better decks rise, worse decks fall. But above rank 5, depending on the time of the season, you'll see anything anyway and you don't really need to worry as much since the better player will win way more than what the meta snapshots suggest. It is when both players are playing their decks very well that the match ups matter a whole lot.

okay

how do the deck rankings from tempo storm correlate to ladder ranking? Or is there no correlation

Team Liquid will have their own meta update out sometime this week with better lists, but the deck ranking is more or less "frequency by which you will see things at rank 5 and above", except for control warrior at legend which is 20% of your games apparently.

2 games in a row, dr 6 into dr boom. Fuck this game so much. Especially when every single boombot snipes a 3 or 4 health minion.

It's absolutely filthy that Mysterious Challenger is a tempo play. It should be a value engine or deathrattle threat, not an on curve bomb dropper.

Nah it's not like both players get random minions and the one who gets the better ones win. That's not RNG.

Tell that to my rogue opponent who had far superior minions than I did. He had like a turn 3 water elemental and a turn 4 rhonin and turn 5 trueheart justicar.

Oh, sure I won that anyway through smart plays with the resources I was given.

Owzers

Finally crafted something after building dust, Dr. Boom, played a couple games and never drew him :p

i have 1150 dust left over, i did dust both my Anima Golens and my one Kidnapper. Thinking of dusting Bestial Wrath and Mini Mage to help build a deck's rares/epics.

Tubie

Is he still acting like some ridiculous character?

He wants to sue the police department for "millions of dollars" and his apartment complex and then he shouted about how taxes are bullshit.

The video of the cop entering his room is real tho lol. You can see the cop looking around his room with a flashlight, and this happened while he was streaming so it got recorded.

Pooya

I'm always glad to see a patron player on ladder, that means they are awful players as the good ones are in legend now. lololol I had the most horrific draw playing midrange paladin, couldn't do shit. He 4 whirlwinds his berserkers. It's hilarious how common this is. I'm not sure why he didn't concede at that point, it's so embarrassing. Don't play two ghouls ever.

zoukka

He's saying the tools you're given are random, but what you do with them isn't. Think along the lines of Poker.

Of course. But the balance is heavily in the RNG:s corner unlike in the regular modes (someone might disagree even there). I mean you get Trogzzor or Questing from your first portal and the game ends...

ZeroX03

Banned
When you get disconnected right before a game winning play and it won't reconnect... Followed by some roping asshole. Not a good night.

Ladekabel

Oh man, today seems to be my lucky Hearthstone Day. Used my non-Patron Warrior for dailies and had two great plays... at least for me.

First one was against a Rogue and had RNG involved. Opponent clears my Shreeders. One comes bak to my hand, the other gets destroyed and drops a Mana Addict. He's at 13 health and probably thinks he's safe for the next turns but I have an Fiery Win Axe equipped and three spells on my hand. One of them is Bash. Had exact lethal.

The second one was against a Patron Warrior. He floods the board with Patrons for two turns and I thought I lost. He has one Warsong, one Armoursmith, and two Patrons on the board. Now his mistake was playing an Unstable Ghoul and a Whirlwind. I play my Azure Drake and my Whirlwind. Whiped his complete board and he insta-concedes.

Never felt more like a pro. And Warrior slowly sneaks in on place two for my favorite classes.

manhack

I'm always glad to see a patron player on ladder, that means they are awful players as the good ones are in legend now. lololol I had the most horrific draw playing midrange paladin, couldn't do shit. He 4 whirlwinds his berserkers. It's hilarious how common this is. I'm not sure why he didn't concede at that point, it's so embarrassing. Don't play two ghouls ever.

Yeah they have been rare and the last one I played was completely dominating the game before he blew it. I was control priest and even though I have Harrison Jones, my only win condition is to fatigue him.

He systematically removed every card I played and drew his deck super quickly, but for whatever reason he used his frothings one at a time to try and burst me down and I just killed them easily with SW:D and holy novas. If he had just waited a bit longer he would of been fine. The whole game i was annoyed because I thought I was dead each turn, but he threw the game for sure.

Also just beat a Demon Handlock with my Priest FeelsGoodMan

The last couple of matches have me worried I'm going to see all the decks from the Blizzcon finals over and over.

Pooya

Mech Warrior??? somebody streamed this? wut. got rekt.

It's really fun, I think I grind rest of my gold warrior with this. Not much left now.

Brakara

Firebat pulls in 5-8k viewers while streaming at 4AM-7AM or so EDT, even before Amaz shows up or Massan gets his viewbots online. He's my favorite streamer out there, perfectly chill, explains plays, and has just enough "Twitch" to him to make him entertaining.

Yeah, I was on sick leave a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed his (for me) daytime streams. And if 8k (and sometimes even more than 10k) viewers when the US is sleeping is "obscure", then I think most streamers would love to be as obscure as he is.

Owzers

Arena is getting frustrating, went 1-3, i think this time was just a bad draw as i went rogue and didn't get a good selection of cards, but it always seems like my opponent is just one step ahead/better than me. Everything i try is countered.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i played hungry dragon and it gave a webspinner to my opponent which gave him gazrilla, then he played tirion, fucking arena bullshit.

Pooya

I feel I need to be able to deal 3 damage on turn 2 playing as paladin. Those Aspirants need to die, same for mechwarpers, short of some amazing openings they live a turn. If Argent Lance was a 3/1 gain one durability if you win joust I would run it...instead we got a redundant weapon.

Right now I'm running one abusive to combo with BGH too. it's too weak of course.

Even good arena decks piloted by good players can brick or just get nut drawn on and bow out 1-3 or 2-3. It happens.

Regarding that Mech Warrior deck, people mulligan for control or Patron and will get completely steamrolled by it. It abuses the lack of weapon removal in the meta to the max.

I feel I need to be able to deal 3 damage on turn 2 playing as paladin. Those Aspirants need to die, same for mechwarpers, short of some amazing openings they live a turn. If Argent Lance was a 3/1 gain one durability if you win joust I would run it...

Turn 1 coin aspirant generally doesn't get problematic until turn 2. If you are on the play what you want is to do 3 damage to it on turn 3 to it so the Druid is back down to 3 mana on their turn 3.

Fireblend

Banned
Interesting that Tempo Mage jumped from place 16 to 5 in this week's Snapshot. The deck they show for it is pretty different from mine though; I don't run any arcane intellects, but then again most of the time I don't lose because of a lack of cards and I think losing the tempo wouldn't be worthy for the times I do. No effigy or spellslinger either which have saved me more than once. Plus my luck is so shitty I have a 50% chance of drawing a secret in my starting hand, so having 3 secrets justifies my mad scientists a bit more.

Pooya

Turn 1 coin aspirant generally doesn't get problematic until turn 2. If you are on the play what you want is to do 3 damage to it on turn 3 to it so the Druid is back down to 3 mana on their turn 3.

Usually when they coin it out they have innervate so something bad can happen, or in some insane cases two aspirants. If I don't have say muster to play after a minibot, the bear comes down and then I'm totally rekt when those go behind taunt.

what are the thoughts on varian? I'm not sure as to why it's put in the dragon control deck b/c of bypassing battlecry effects, but is it also worth it for a 7/7 and 3 cards?

what are the thoughts on varian? I'm not sure as to why it's put in the dragon control deck b/c of bypassing battlecry effects, but is it also worth it for a 7/7 and 3 cards?

Not a fan. All you need in that deck are some traditional finishers and Justicar to close games out. If you just need more late game gas there are other ways to get that.

Interesting that Tempo Mage jumped from place 16 to 5 in this week's Snapshot. The deck they show for it is pretty different from mine though; I don't run any arcane intellects, but then again most of the time I don't lose because of a lack of cards and I think losing the tempo wouldn't be worthy for the times I do. No effigy or spellslinger either which have saved me more than once. Plus my luck is so shitty I have a 50% chance of drawing a secret in my starting hand, so having 3 secrets justifies my mad scientists a bit more.

Arcane Intellect is a good t6 and forward play to restock on board control, find your finishers, or just dig for lethal burn. You generally draw into it and always throw it back on a mulligan unless you have it plus sorc apprentice vs. a slower deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom