• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Misogi

Trying out another ShadowPriest deck, currently 4-2 with it.

List:
1 Circle of Healing
2 Power Word: Shield
2 Northshire Cleric
2 Shadow Bomber
2 Zombie Chow
2 Mind Blast
2 Shadow Word: Pain
2 Boneguard Lieutenant
2 Wild Pyromancer
2 Velen's Chosen
2 ShadowFiend
2 Auchenai Soulpriest
2 Spawn of Shadows
2 Holy Nova
1 Emperor Thaurissan
1 Sylvanas Windrunner
1 Dr. Boom

So far, this has been a lot more enjoyable than my slower ShadowPriest deck.

I must have faced 10 paladins in 20 games this morning. I actually don't think the Secret Paladin vs. Patron matchup is nearly as good as some of the meta reports have mentioned.

Swapped to esports mage and rattled off six wins in a row though.

Pooya

Brawl is underdog rules, each turn, if you're losing by more than 3 health a random minion rallies to your side. I'm not sure how it actually works, on to trying now.

Lumine

Yeah made some silly demonlock deck. It won. The effect only works if it's actually more than 3 health, so 3 health exactly doesn't work. Doesn't seem like the most exciting brawl to be honest, but at least it's unique.

Heropon

Won against another Warlock using all the selfdamaging minions and zombie chows. The most valuable minion I got was a gnomish experimenter, maybe you have to lose many turns in a row to get something useful?

The pack was garbage, as always.

Anilones

I won against a Face Hunter after they conceded on Turn 3 following a Turn 1 Leper Gnome. Do people not read what the Brawl is about?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Crafted Pyro finally last week for my Mage.

While it doesn't win me all my games especially in this aggro state of Hearth it has pulled me through a couple I would have lost with out it. Only takes a couple of flipped losses for wins to improve my rank.

Duster

Fun Brawl. Of course we both picked warlock, there were spiders and imps all over the place with most of mine buffed above 1 health by blood imp and defender of Argus, I lucked out and got a Frothing Beserker as my random minion which meant Dread Infernal won me the match.

My luck didn't hold as my reward pack was crap.

Leezard

I won against a Face Hunter after they conceded on Turn 3 following a Turn 1 Leper Gnome. Do people not read what the Brawl is about?

I just faced a priest who did turn 1 northshire, turn 2 power word shield + inner fire + attack face.

He conceded one turn after as well.

Ladekabel

So, I didn't get the brawl at first. I thought that if you kill a minion with 3+ attack over the health of the minion, it spawns a random minion. Because of that I made a deck with Ice and Magma Rager. Don't know where that brain fart came from. Still won and brawl packs keep on delivering. Got a Doomsayer out of it but I think I'm going to dust it. Don't think I'll ever play Freeze Mage and don't see another use for it.

zoukka

There's nothing more sad in hearthstone than a wyrmrest agent without the dragon buffs. You just wanna hug the guy playing it and tell them it's gonna be alright one day.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr i was going to coin innervate a kodo in arena but the cards moved and i played mct by accident of course

I made a similar dumb mistake the other day. I was playing Control Warrior vs. Handlock, and I had already played Ysera and managed to draw a Dream (return a card to its owner's hand). He played a Molten Giant and I immediately BGHed it and bounced him back to hand ready to remove another Molten Giant or Mal'Ganis when the time came. Between drawing cards and Ysera generating cards, I wound up with a full hand and had to play a few cards. I meant to play Laughing Sister and Armorsmith, but accidentally put down the BGH. I still wound up winning the game, but losing that extra Giant removal because of a misplay really sucked.

Phawx

I made a similar dumb mistake the other day. I was playing Control Warrior vs. Handlock, and I had already played Ysera and managed to draw a Dream (return a card to its owner's hand). He played a Molten Giant and I immediately BGHed it and bounced him back to hand ready to remove another Molten Giant or Mal'Ganis when the time came. Between drawing cards and Ysera generating cards, I wound up with a full hand and had to play a few cards. I meant to play Laughing Sister and Armorsmith, but accidentally put down the BGH. I still wound up winning the game, but losing that extra Giant removal because of a misplay really sucked.

This happens to me every now and again. I just click fling and fire the mouse and NOOOOOOOO

This happens to me every now and again. I just click fling and fire the mouse and NOOOOOOOO

Usually when you misplay BGH you get a chance to put him back in your hand while targeting his battle cry, but since there were no 7+ attack minions on board, I was stuck with the mistake. I was so proud of my double BGH plan and then went and screwed it up.

Midrange Shaman are a bit OP in my opinion. They are able to get so many minions on the board with so many buffs its nearly impossible to clear them. They also have a free clear with lightening storm that, if you get lucky enough to control the board early, they just wipe you out and totem up. I hate playing them. Almost to the point of conceding as soon as I see one lined up on the other side.

johnsmith

remember me
Midrange Shaman are a bit OP in my opinion. They are able to get so many minions on the board with so many buffs its nearly impossible to clear them. They also have a free clear with lightening storm that, if you get lucky enough to control the board early, they just wipe you out and totem up. I hate playing them. Almost to the point of conceding as soon as I see one lined up on the other side.
Shaman are the weakest class in the game right now.

If you try playing as one you can see they have crippling weaknesses. Too much RNG, overload is a terrible mechanic, and lack of card draw.

Owzers

Hmmmmmmm finally got a legend in a brawl pack or any pack, Illidan Stormrage. Doesn't seem like a useful one. Where does he usually get played, i assume Warlocks maybe if you don't have anything better, which i don't.

Vanillalite

Biggest weakness for me right now at rank 7 is usually when I face Lock. They drop their taunt cards and then it's basically game over. As soon as I clear the first set they drop a new set and taunt up again.

I could run dual owl, but that would fuck with my deck :/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you try playing as one you can see they have crippling weaknesses. Too much RNG, overload is a terrible mechanic, and lack of card draw.

Shaman is pretty bad for early game minions as far as I am concerned. Totem Golem is a good card against more vanilla 2 drops but doesnt do much against sticky or specialized drops like mad scientist or shielded minibot. Whirling Zap-o-matic dies too easily and doesn't help against aggro decks. They just fall apart against early aggression. They currently specialize in burst, not value.

I don't think overload is bad, Blizzard just needs to stop having shamen pay interest for their borrowed mana. More cards like Totem Golem. Fewer cards like Ancestral Knowledge.

Shaman are the weakest class in the game right now.

So what am I doing wrong?

Its not like I can switch decks when I get paired up with one. Here is my mech mage deck in all of its glory.
g8b7R0B.png

Mind you I can't get passed lvl 15-16...ever. So it could come down to me just being terrible at Hearthstone.

clav

Its not like I can switch decks when I get paired up with one. Here is my mech mage deck in all of its glory.
g8b7R0B.png

Mind you I can't get passed lvl 15-16...ever. So it could come down to me just being terrible at Hearthstone.

Put in Fel Reaver.

Someone at a HS Fireside was playing a version of Mech Mage with that and went pretty far in the tournament. Winner received a chance to play in an esports arena.

Now try playing against a midrange Paladin and watch them do everything Shaman does only much better.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tavern Brawl busted for anyone else? I had zero minions aid me and I was at lower health than my opponent for entire match.

You seem to only get it on your turn, and it doesn't matter how much damage you take beforehand since you only get one. I just smacked a druid with a molten giant and a sunfury then did hellfire and he only got a 3/3 the next turn(in rest).

Put in Fel Reaver.

Someone at a HS Fireside was playing a version of Mech Mage with that and went pretty far in the tournament. Winner received a chance to play in an esports arena.
Who do I remove?

I need to make a Fel Reaver so I may not have that option for a bit. Any other suggestions if I don't have Fel?

g8b7R0B.png

I'd drop at least one Arcane Intellect. I don't think Unstable Portal is particularly good in this deck. It only synergizes with Mana Wyrm and might pull a dud. Maybe throw in Mech Yeti.

Auctopus

So proud of the first game I played of this brawl.

Warlock + Mukla's Champion = Win

Just got out Voidwalker and Flame Imp early followed Mukla's Champion and nothing else. Eventually got watcher out then buffed my minions to no end until I could do 33 damage in one turn.

Great, tense brawl.

I'd drop at least one Arcane Intellect. I don't think Unstable Portal is particularly good in this deck. It only synergizes with Mana Wyrm and might pull a dud. Maybe throw in Mech Yeti.

I found with other variations of this deck that I would lose end game because I ran out of cards. Intellect has helped. I use Portal to try and get a jump on people in the early game. If you get Mechwarpers early you can really put out a lot of low cost minions early. Portal lets me add to that with what could be a decent minion.

Vanillalite

g8b7R0B.png

You have waaaayyy to many 1 mana drops IMO.

Get rid of Cog and get rid of Unstable Portal. Add in two secrets and two mad scientists.

Secrets are one of the top reasons to play Mage, and you aren't even running any.

Personally I'd ditch Wyrm as well and run something else.

PS: I'm not top tier, but let me post my deck in a sec.

Santiako

You have waaaayyy to many 1 mana drops IMO.

Get rid of Cog and get rid of Unstable Portal. Add in two secrets and two mad scientists.

Secrets are one of the top reasons to play Mage, and you aren't even running any.

Personally I'd ditch Wyrm as well and run something else.

PS: I'm not top tier, but let me post my deck in a sec.

Sorry, but all of this is terrible advice imo. Dropping Cogmaster is insane, and secrets are way too slow for mech mage nowadays.

I'd remove the Flamestrike and the intellects for 2 Fel Reaver and 1 Tinkertown, or 2 Tinkertown and 1 Fel if you don't have 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom