• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

You have waaaayyy to many 1 mana drops IMO.

Get rid of Cog and get rid of Unstable Portal. Add in two secrets and two mad scientists.

Secrets are one of the top reasons to play Mage, and you aren't even running any.

Personally I'd ditch Wyrm as well and run something else.

PS: I'm not top tier, but let me post my deck in a sec.

What?

Cogmaster is insane value and becomes #1 to target in mech mage.

Some mech mages can benefit from Wyrm since Mages run so many spells. If anything, consider adding the tinkertown technician.

Haunted

f8538mk.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sorry, but all of this is terrible advice imo. Dropping Cogmaster is insane, and secrets are way too slow for mech mage nowadays.

I'd remove the Flamestrike and the intellects for 2 Fel Reaver and 1 Tinkertown, or 2 Tinkertown and 1 Fel if you don't have 2.

What?

Cogmaster is insane value and becomes #1 to target in mech mage.

Some mech mages can benefit from Wyrm since Mages run so many spells. If anything, consider adding the tinkertown technician.

Let me preface by saying I didn't say he should stay mech.

That being said he isn't fully mech mage anyways. He's running wyrm and portal, and he isn't running yeti.

I also think secrets at his rank provide so much easy value, and most people at that rank don't know how to play around them.

The point is he either needs to add in secrets or else drop wyrm and portal for more mech stuff like tinkertown and yeti. Either way the idea of losing all card draw is stupid.

Mulgrok

First brawl match was against a Golden freeze mage. Easy win as combo druid.

This brawl should be renamed "OTK or GTFO" since it is designed for shitty non-interactive bullshit decks.

I dunno. My brawl was an incredible match between my Demon Handlock and a Demon Zoolock, which I won by forcing my opponent into fatigue while both us had been on ~10HP for most of the match (we intentionally lowered out HP to prevent/force as many random additions as possible).

clav

Brawl is dumb.

Just had a Face Rogue, and the minions spawned were all 1/1 drops.

Guess this is a zoo warlock's week.

Tried playing the brawl and the game froze up 4 times. I had to close the app and reconnect only for it to freeze between turns every time a new turn started. Eventually, I just gave up. Anyone else having any problems?

Dahbomb

I told people long ago that this brawl would be dominated by Warlock. You could also try out Freeze Mage though, that should also be effective in this format.

Totakeke

Aggro-control Rogue works too. Blade flurry, Dark Iron Skulker, low curve, weapon buffs, and hit often. If it against handlock you just go aggressive while clearing his minions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dreadsteed Warlock seems to do pretty good in the latest brawl. You can play early game stuff in order to deal with the aggressive decks and then you can use sacrificial pact and healbot to bounce back from low health in the late game. Or you can get out insane value from your Dreadsteeds against more control oriented decks. Not sure how it compares against handlock though. Probably not well....

Mulgrok

Just tried out arena for the first time in a long while, and the first time I used Hearth Arena for drafting. Was my best run ever at 9-3.

Got 260 gold and a TGT pack. Much more fun than constructed... but I had a pretty decent Warlock deck.

clav

Trying to play Midrange Hunter, and I keep getting Threaten emotes of people thinking I'm playing Face.

Meanwhile people are just playing decks that spam the board.

won the first game in brawl as druid. made a fatal error and thought the minion it gave me could attack and wasted double swipe, but the guy i was playing wasnt good, and he life tapped into lethal later lol

manhack

LOL just beat a Freeze Mage with my F2P Priest in the tavern brawl on the EU server. Milled his Alexstrasza and healed him the whole game until the end when I got him down to 1 health with double mind blast.

I actually considered conceding once I saw it was Freeze Mage because I thought: "There is no way I can beat this."

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I got so sick of secret paladin i started playing grim patron to counter that deck but i have faced 0 paladins so far after like 10 matches, fucking blizzard's MM is rigged guys, i fucking guarantee it
BabyRage.png

clav

Arena:

Turn 2: wild pyro
Turn 3: muster for battle

I still almost lost to them. Fuck paladin.

I was playing Rogue earlier today, and I don't know how to deal with Muster for Battle without FoK or Blade Flurry in arena.

Lost so much tempo clearing the minions.

Celegus

Question. Why are you avoiding arena? I'm curious.

You might want to try arena now since it's slowed down a bit.

Wanted to get something decent from the TGT expansion first, since I still barely have anything useful yet. I've hardly ever played arena though, usually just buy packs with my gold. Or is arena more lucrative?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Speaking of fuck paladin, just had my first 12 win run in arena.

2t6LDv6.png

I mostly played arena when I started HS in general but post BRM barely touched it. I think my highest before was 9, but I knew right after this draft that deck was really good so I'm glad I pulled it off.

Line_HTX

Well now... this Tavern Brawl is pretty shenanigans. I thought I was going to die to this Warlock because he had a buffed Floating Watcher on 8/8 and a Pit Lord from Bane of Doom plus at the start of his turn summoned some random Rogue minion. He had 8 health left and because I had a 6/5 Shielded Minibot from double Avenge and another 7/7 minion, he could not Life Tap. Out of desperation the previous turn I used Lay on Hands on myself and immediately summoned Annoy-o-tron just so I won't die to an OTK.

I have one secret left. He plays Jaraxxus and Repentence triggers, putting him at 1 HP. I NEVER KNEW IT COUNTED!

Well met!

zoukka

Playing anything but cancer in the ladder is just depressing. I remember a time when Auchenai + circle was a strong play against aggro...

The meta is beyond fixing at this point.

clav

Playing anything but cancer in the ladder is just depressing. I remember a time when Auchenai + circle was a strong play against aggro...

The meta is beyond fixing at this point.

So many mech mages on ladder yet I see a GAFer whining about not winning here.

Everything is aggro.

Nobody wants to play fatigue games unless it was a Paladin with Divine Favor.

The meta has not changed at all on ladder.

Almost like people want to get off as soon as possible. It's disgusting.

zoukka

So many mech mages on ladder yet I see a GAFer whining about not winning here.

Everything is aggro.

Nobody wants to play fatigue games unless it was a Paladin with Divine Favor.

The meta has not changed at all on ladder.

Almost like people want to get off as soon as possible. It's disgusting.

I am not whining about "not winning". I can cancer my way to legend any day I want, but I've already done that and would like to play nice matches instead of having endless aggro mirrors or playing straight up hate decks. I mean MC paladin is a good example of shit deck. It's incredibly weak until it plays MC. If it doesn't, I could crush it with an average arena deck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom