• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

HP8f9qwE2m1kRGTO2MqTkqXXNGQZVlro90J_Bz2-jXH_Z57FyN_vlONgy0PoLimHahtPKd0q_Ezfm3E=w1736-h757-rw

suicidal arena play

I am not whining about "not winning". I can cancer my way to legend any day I want, but I've already done that and would like to play nice matches instead of having endless aggro mirrors or playing straight up hate decks. I mean MC paladin is a good example of shit deck. It's incredibly weak until it plays MC. If it doesn't, I could crush it with an average arena deck :)

That's not true, I won a lot of matches without mc. The deck is extremely fast and can just steamroll you until a turn 5 legal brought you by blessing of kings.
For the longest time I was running no consecration in this deck.

zoukka

That's not true, I won a lot of matches without mc. The deck is extremely fast and can just steamroll you until a turn 5 legal brought you by blessing of kings.
For the longest time I was running no consecration in this deck.

It can start fast, but not fast enough that it could win without divine favor/MC bomba.

Pooya

I'm playing mid range paladin, it's impossible for me to lose to secret paladin, I wreck them really easily. but fuck druid. I just get matched back to back against druid. I switch to mage, no more druid. /salt.

They always have two swipes in hand or a combination of wrath/drake/swipes just wipes everything every time. To add insult to injury, they always get the effing coin. I'm so tired of this. herp derp next turn you're dead from 22 health.

I'm so lucky today that I even opened a Lorewalker Cho again, my day is complete.

Pooya

It's strange, when I get matched against a hunter I'm really happy, they play like the most fair game around right now. goddamn...

Kunohara

Just beat a golden pally playing secrets. I was playing my dragon priest, and I never drew a dragon till turn 6, yet I still won because of several things:

1)He never drew MC once. He had a keeper on turn 1, but had to play secrets from the hand. I was lucky to have pain, so I got rid of it. He had minibot and muster right on curve too.

2)He never drew divine favour. That would have been a blowout from him since I had a big hand from no dragons till turn 6.

This deck is actually really shitty without the paladin having MC and Divine favour. He was down to top decking and me putting down ysera on an empty board basically fucked him.

For some reason, beating this deck, when the guy was golden, felt real nice.

I just did a patron deck for an easy tavern win, with the extra targets popping up for berseekers I easily got a couple 18attk berseekers before hand lock could take me down

Pooya

2)He never drew divine favour. That would have been a blowout from him since I had a big hand from no dragons till turn 6.

My divine favor luck these past days, never draw it when I need it, then I draw two of them back to back in some other game and I can't do anything. Another in mulligan, I ended up with two in my hands, I just conceded there was no turning it around. DF back to back just happened way too often, never lucky. I gave up on the deck and sticking to midrange paly, at least I have more fun with this even though the deck is generally meh against like everyone else but more consistent, I feel I can turn it around no matter what I have the tools.

Aw kay, guys. I decided to follow my dreams and to craft and build my first prototype of Ramp Druid.

V9ka3T6.png

I really love it yet but I wanted to modify it a bit.
I was thinking to put in a Kezan Mystic and maybe to remove the Savage Combatant.(I know Thaurissian should be required, but I'm waiting to hit 700 gold to unlock the first wing of BM).
Any suggestions?

Aw kay, guys. I decided to follow my dreams and to craft and build my first prototype of Ramp Druid.

V9ka3T6.png

I was thinking to put in a Kezan Mystic and maybe to remove the Savage Combatant.(I know Thaurissian should be required, but I'm waiting to hit 700 gold to unlock the first wing of BM).
Any suggestions?

Seems like you are trying for too much with this list and it'll end up more inconsistent as a result. That said, it isn't completely off the wall to have 3 of the combo cards and ancient of war and cenarius. But you also have a lot of other 1 ofs.

Druid is probably the next class I dabble in. I've done a lot of dabbling this season - rogue, paladin, shaman, and probably druid or mage next.

bjaelke

Living Roots AND Druid of the Saber seem counter-intuitive when you are aiming to ramp up. They're more suited for token decks. Maybe take the Saber out and replace him with a second Azure.

Heropon

So I used Mulch and it gave the enemy an Armorsmith that helped him survive and wreck me, fuck this POS of RNGstone. Druid can go to hell, it's unplayable without force of nature, even more than Rogue without Blade Flurry. Why does this game give me always the Rogue/Druid 60G quest, it seems the only one that isn't 40, 40 and 40.

/rant

Now I feel better. What's a druid? I've never heard of that.

Kunohara

So I used Mulch and it gave the enemy an Armorsmith that helped him survive and wreck me, fuck this POS of RNGstone. Druid can go to hell, it's unplayable without force of nature, even more than Rogue without Blade Flurry. Why does this game give me always the Rogue/Druid 60G quest, it seems the only one that isn't 40, 40 and 40.

/rant

Now I feel better. What's a druid? I've never heard of that.

Whenever I get a 60g quest, it's always the Druid/Rogue one. I don't mind playing druid, but geez I get that one so often. I do like to play the other classes.

tylerf

Good thing Freeze Mage is a free win in the new Tavern Brawl otherwise this win 5 Brawls quest would have been unbearable.

Tacitus_

V9ka3T6.png

Any suggestions?

If you have Naxx unlocked, put in Shades in place of Saber and maybe savage combatant.
/not an expert on druids as I hate the cheating fucks

Sande

Oh man, I feel sorry for this warrior.

Unstable portal pulls me a Varian. Varian puts a mad scientist on the field, who then gives me effigy that spawns a Deathwing when Varian dies. Next turn I play mirror entity that copies his Grommash. He had like 30hp and 8 armor on turn 6. On turn 8, he died.

embalm

The ladder is full on cancer this past week.

I've decided to spend time really learning Patron Warrior before it gets nerfed out of the game. It's supposed to match up well against the cancer and all I really want to do is punish every secret pally, face hunter, and tempo mage for existing.

Phawx

I've decided to spend time really learning Patron Warrior before it gets nerfed out of the game. It's supposed to match up well against the cancer and all I really want to do is punish every secret pally, face hunter, and tempo mage for existing.

Secret MC does have problems against Patron Warrior for sure. If they can get rid of the board before MC drops, it's gg.

Pooya

One week left, it's full try harding time. I actually enjoyed ladder earlier. Right now it's completely miserable.

Maybe someday we get a meta where all 9 classes are present and each has like 2-3 viable decks. Blizzard apparently doesn't want that for some reason, their content releases this year have been lopsided. Printing joke cards for a class, then printing OP ones for another.
Looking at cutpurse next to aspirant, it's hilarious.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

mark my words you will almost never face cancer decks you will get paired up with control decks only, such is the life when you switch decks to punish other decks
laugh.gif

Rockyrock

One week left, it's full try harding time. I actually enjoyed ladder earlier. Right now it's completely miserable.

Maybe someday we get a meta where all 9 classes are present and each has like 2-3 viable decks. Blizzard apparently doesn't want that for some reason, their content releases this year have been lopsided. Printing joke cards for a class, then printing OP ones for another.
Looking at cutpurse next to aspirant, it's hilarious.

honestly dont see this ever happening.

i've never played a single game competitively where every single character/weapon/vehicle/ect you name it was completely balanced and viable.

There will always the top tier stuff that people gravitate to more than the other.

Having a perfectly balanced game is basically an impossible feat to achieve as a developer IMO.

embalm

This week's tavern brawl is stupid, is it even possible to win?
Sure it is. Apparently all of your opponents are doing alright. ;P

It took me a couple games to get a win. I tried weapon warrior and demonlock. As weapon warrior no one played minions and I got killed by oil rogue and malygos shaman. As Demonlock I just play out my hand and put massive pressure up and beat a Warrior and a Hunter.

i've never played a single game competitively where every single character/weapon/vehicle/ect you name it was completely balanced and viable.

There will always the top tier stuff that people gravitate to more than the other.

Having a perfectly balanced game is basically an impossible feat to achieve as a developer IMO.
I don't need the game to be perfectly balanced. I want the game to have two to three decks for each class. I want those decks to have decent match ups with other decks. I want viable ladder options for every class and I want those options to be truly different. Not Face Hunter/Mid-Range Hunter different where we swap 6 cards and change the name, but Handlock and Zoo different where the strategy of the deck is totally different.

It may never happen, but it would be nice.

Finally won a match against handlock with my fatigue paladin deck. Just never went face. Also used lay on hands on him, but it barely made a difference since all the minions I got were bad... like 1-2 mana worth of stats.

In the end he had drawn himself down to fatigue 4-5 turns before I did. I was running double solemn vigil so that explains why the fatigue race was even close at all. But I also had double equality in hand. But for some reason he used jaraxxus which gave me lethal due to quartermaster in hand and consecrates as well but those were overkill.

The warlock class is actually not that good if your opponent knows what they are doing and built their deck right. This is definitely not like ladder as some suggested. I built and played very different.

edit:
Oh and for once, I got a nice pay out off brawl. Got a second cenarius so 400 dust is awesome. I've had a lot of luck this month. I got a bolf ramshield, then 2 packs later I got a leeroy jenkins, then a few packs later I just got cenarius. 1200 dust. Almost as good as a single gold legendary.

Hanzou

What you say us exactly on point. I am starting to get frustrated at people accusing blizzard of purposely making things unbalanced and such. The plain thing is,its hard to make a game balanced when there are so many variables which are in this case cards.

Rockyrock

I don't need the game to be perfectly balanced. I want the game to have two to three decks for each class. I want those decks to have decent match ups with other decks. I want viable ladder options for every class and I want those options to be truly different. .

That's essentially what perfect balance is tho. Having every single class be viable with multiple variants of each that all rival each other.

Obviously thats the dream but realistically it won't happen.

Pooya

Nothing will be perfect ever sure, the situation right now is far from that and power level gap and meta just based on like 5 decks is trash period. Balancing is hard sure, but there is a difference with not even trying. They printed so many bullshit cards and so many joke cards, and distributed them in the most dumb way. The disparity between what rogue/shaman got and what others got is laughable.

To add to that, they are painfully slow to change and add anything, broken things go on for 6+ months, it had to take public shaming for blizzard to fix anything like Nozdormu bug. Undertaker situation was so hilarious, look how long that took too. They're not even trying for balance, this was supposed to be a fun casual game not a massive competitive game, they didn't see it coming and they were not prepared, probably still are not.

greepoman

mark my words you will almost never face cancer decks you will get paired up with control decks only, such is the life when you switch decks to punish other decks
laugh.gif

Yea I think there's some dude at blizzard who's picking the worst matchups for your deck or something. The other day 10 secret pallys in a row so I switch to counter....then nothing but warriors.

I see more than 5 decks in the meta...

Right now you see aggressive secret paladin and midrange secret paladin. Yes, these count as two different decks the same way it works for midrange and aggro, and even hybrid.

I see mech mage, dragon priest, midrange druid, the old aggressive token druid has made a comeback, patron warrior, control warrior, dragon warrior, handlock (mostly the demonlock variant), of course face hunter, midrange hunter, hybrid hunter, tempo mage, freeze mage, dragon mage...

I'd say the rarer of the lists on these are freeze mage and dragon mage, but I've seen a couple of them. Also face hunter hasn't been really popular, instead people will play aggressive midrange or midrange. Small but important differences in these decks I still consider them to be legitimately different archetypes. The biggest missing classes are shaman and rogue. I think shaman will be refined into something nice eventually. And rogue is still good but people want to play new decks. I've been saying how strong oil rogue remains and I've also now heard a couple of pros support that line of though (reynad and hotform come to mind).

I have been playing above rank 5 since the beginning of the month. And I got there using a rogue deck and my own control paladin deck. The meta on ladder also changes quite often. One hour you'll see a lot of aggressive decks then the next you'll see a lot of heavy control decks, then likely patron after that. This seems to happen every 3-5 hours.

Mulgrok

Playing a mech paladin because people keep expecting secret or eboladin and misplay because of it. Sometimes it pays to play outside the box.

embalm

That's essentially what perfect balance is tho. Having every single class be viable with multiple variants of each that all rival each other.

Obviously thats the dream but realistically it won't happen.
If that's really what you consider perfect balance then it should happen. Balancing a Paper, Rock, Scissor environment is much easier than any other option.

All you have to do is compare the current meta to the meta from the vanilla to see the game is growing towards a more balanced meta. Instead of just one cancer we have it in lots of various flavors and some of those cancers beat the others.

Vanilla - Very few decks. Most meta snap shots at the time could break it all down by class because only a few classes had the ability to play multiple decks. Below is a link to a meta snapshot where 10 decks and only 5 classes make up almost the entire ladder.
http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/457214-the-meta-analyst

Now - Every class has a playable deck. Many classes have a variety of decks they can play, and many classes have packages that you can swap in and out to fit your play style.
Paladin a class that wasn't even close to top tier in Vanilla now has Aggro and Mid-range decks; they also have a Secret package they can include in either deck type; They are missing some cards to make their control deck worth while.

So based on the history of the game... It is likely to happen.

Prezhulio

Ok so I've been playing for free over the past year during my commute, almost to 200 ranked wins with my Mage, but been struggling since tgt.

With quests and mana I've been able to cobble together any legendary I've really wanted...except for the brm or naxx specific cards, which there are quite a few I'd like (flamewalker and loatheb to be precise, seems like I hardly ever win when I come up against a deck with both of these)

I'm ready to put some money into the game- Is there any incentive to buying the campaigns from Amazon (other than the standard 10%off)? Any deals I should wait for that happen regularly on coins?

I know it's been posted before but just wanted to check in with the experts, thanks!

Well, at least toiling away at the brawl quest gave me an Aviana even though I already have a golden one.

Is there any feasible reason to keep a normal version of a legendary around when you already have a golden one? Outside of nerfs anyway.

Well, at least toiling away at the brawl quest gave me an Aviana even though I already have a golden one.

Is there any feasible reason to keep a normal version of a legendary around when you already have a golden one? Outside of nerfs anyway.

I'd dust the gold one and keep the regular one. A shiny card isn't worth 1200 dust to me. I don't think Aviana is getting nerfed any time soon, so there's not a whole lot of risk there.

Ok so I've been playing for free over the past year during my commute, almost to 200 ranked wins with my Mage, but been struggling since tgt.

With quests and mana I've been able to cobble together any legendary I've really wanted...except for the brm or naxx specific cards, which there are quite a few I'd like (flamewalker and loatheb to be precise, seems like I hardly ever win when I come up against a deck with both of these)

I'm ready to put some money into the game- Is there any incentive to buying the campaigns from Amazon (other than the standard 10%off)? Any deals I should wait for that happen regularly on coins?

I know it's been posted before but just wanted to check in with the experts, thanks!

Last time I bought a $50 pack of coins through the Hearthstone app, it was only $40 which was actually better than the price posted on Amazon (I think it was $45). I don't think it gets any better than 20% off, but I could be wrong. Start the buying process and see what they're charging. If there's not a significant discount, just cancel out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom